Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo Reviews

10, Iordan Indjeto str., Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

great hostel, one of the more communal ones with great atmosphere for socializing, meeting people, and joining groups for activities. don't miss seeing the communist UFO!

The best hostel I stayed at in Bulgaria! Delicious breakfasts and dinners, great atmosphere and relaxed common areas make this hostel an awesome place to meet other travellers!

I love this hostel. The common area and garden have a great atmosphere, the diner is prepared on site every night (and is vegetarian friendly) and the staff are wonderful. The dorms were fully booked when we arrived and the guy at the desk went out of his way to find us a tent and bedding for the camping area. Definitely one of my favorite hostels.

What a fantastic hostel...free breakfast AND dinner, random barbecues, a tab for beer/soft drinks, a lovely sunny garden, and a very comfy pillow-filled chill-out zone. Although we found Veliko Tarnavo sleepy (university town during Summer) with only a few major sights, the hostel made our 3 night stay well worth it. We met many people there who we kept travelling with through Bulgaria/Romania, and we're still in contact. They'll happily organise car hire/give you fantastic travel advice. A+

Very well located, comfortable beds, old house, spacious, has a garden, nice atmosphere. You can hear the river :) The internet didn't work in my room.

Very nice hostel with a very nice atmosphere, really good value for the money

We stayed 2 nights here and had a great time. There's a lovely terrace with shade and flowers to sit out and relax, and the room was clean with a decent shower. The girl on the desk was friendly and helpful, giving us directions to a nearby waterfall, and there was breakfast and a basic (but free!) dinner provided. Obviously atmosphere varies depending on who else is there, but we made a load of friends both nights we stayed. Thanks!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I can totally understand why it won so many hostel award because my stay was thoroughly enjoyable. I've also heard that the hostel mostel in Sofia is also excellent but unfortunately it was full when we tried to stay. You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

Very nice hostel with very good and helpful staff. My girlfriend and I stay only one night in a very nice (and big) private room. The position is good, a bit far if you arrive from South Bus Station but it's near to the old part of the city. I highly recommend it.

Really nice small boutique hostel with very friendly staff. Biggest issue is lack of showers and toilets. They also mentioned UFO tour and free pick up service and both were non existent. Having said that I'd stay again as everything else was positive

Great place to meet people, very chilled and relaxed... Easy to meet people and the free meals are a great addition...!!! Highly recommended and to do the UFO tour, booking a car independently is a cheap way to do it and cool way to meet people also...!!!

We walked into this hostel and immediately felt calmer and more at ease. After a long train ride it was like paradise. The staff was super friendly and the showers and bathrooms were nice. We would definitely stay again!

Nice building and balcony

Great place - the staff were friendly and helpful!

Hostel Mostel is recommendable! Although it is situated at the bottom of a hill which makes the climb up to the main street rather exhausting, especially if you go up the hill many times a day, the hostel is still worth staying at. Veliko Tarnovo is a beautiful city and should not be overseen

It was great.!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Thank U: Veliko Tarnovo is an amazing city... but with the staff's help and suggestions our stay there was even better! One of the most beautiful hostels I've ever been to... and the pancakes with Bulgarian cheese and rose jam were an A+!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. A great place to base yourself for a few days. Definitely sign up for the UFO tour. You get a buffet breakfast and dinner included every morning and night. The staff are super helpful and really friendly. They make it a great social hostel. Won't say it's the best hostel in Bulgaria (haven't stayed at the all), but it's certainly setting the standard.

Considering the reputation we were rather disappointed with hostel mostel. There were too few showers and toilets leading to long queues. The wifi was sporadic at best, and the atmosphere was poor. Additionally, unless you have paid for the more expensive beds you have to pay extra for breakfast and the evening meal. This clause is completely absent from Hostel Mostel's own advertising at seems at odds with their claim of "no hidden fees". In summary cheap but dull and with few facilities.

Very cosy and nice place.

• 6th Jun 2014