Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo Reviews

10, Iordan Indjeto str., Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I can totally understand why it won so many hostel award because my stay was thoroughly enjoyable. I've also heard that the hostel mostel in Sofia is also excellent but unfortunately it was full when we tried to stay. You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

Very nice hostel with very good and helpful staff. My girlfriend and I stay only one night in a very nice (and big) private room. The position is good, a bit far if you arrive from South Bus Station but it's near to the old part of the city. I highly recommend it.

Really nice small boutique hostel with very friendly staff. Biggest issue is lack of showers and toilets. They also mentioned UFO tour and free pick up service and both were non existent. Having said that I'd stay again as everything else was positive

Great place to meet people, very chilled and relaxed... Easy to meet people and the free meals are a great addition...!!! Highly recommended and to do the UFO tour, booking a car independently is a cheap way to do it and cool way to meet people also...!!!

We walked into this hostel and immediately felt calmer and more at ease. After a long train ride it was like paradise. The staff was super friendly and the showers and bathrooms were nice. We would definitely stay again!

Nice building and balcony

Great place - the staff were friendly and helpful!

Hostel Mostel is recommendable! Although it is situated at the bottom of a hill which makes the climb up to the main street rather exhausting, especially if you go up the hill many times a day, the hostel is still worth staying at. Veliko Tarnovo is a beautiful city and should not be overseen

It was great.!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Thank U: Veliko Tarnovo is an amazing city... but with the staff's help and suggestions our stay there was even better! One of the most beautiful hostels I've ever been to... and the pancakes with Bulgarian cheese and rose jam were an A+!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. A great place to base yourself for a few days. Definitely sign up for the UFO tour. You get a buffet breakfast and dinner included every morning and night. The staff are super helpful and really friendly. They make it a great social hostel. Won't say it's the best hostel in Bulgaria (haven't stayed at the all), but it's certainly setting the standard.

Considering the reputation we were rather disappointed with hostel mostel. There were too few showers and toilets leading to long queues. The wifi was sporadic at best, and the atmosphere was poor. Additionally, unless you have paid for the more expensive beds you have to pay extra for breakfast and the evening meal. This clause is completely absent from Hostel Mostel's own advertising at seems at odds with their claim of "no hidden fees". In summary cheap but dull and with few facilities.

Very cosy and nice place.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Diana was extremely helpful and showed great empathy

I hadn't noticed all of the Best Hostel in Bulgaria Awards on the wall behind the reception desk when I checked in. But I saw them when I checked out....and it was easy to understand why they had been won. The food was good. The reconstructed house was bright cheery and in excellent condition. But far and away the best part about Hostel Mostel is the staff. Randy and Natalya were extraordinarily friendly and helpful. They definitely made my stay a wonderful experience. Thanks guys!

• 28th May 2014