Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

The staff were all happy to help with any requests. The communal area was the best I've experienced, and somewhere I really enjoyed hanging out. The facilities were fantastic, with everything and more thought of. The only negative is that the listing does not mention that some of the bedrooms are a 3-4 minute walk away from the main hostel, which I felt was a little misleading. It wasn't a problem, but it did mean that it wasn't so easy to use all the facilities as much as I wanted to.

I stayed here for two nights. Everything is really ok!! Suggest it.

There were many great things about my stay at this hostel but the highlight is definitely the staff. They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and make the most out of your stay. The included bfast/dinner was great value, the wifi reliable and location convenient. The rooms were well set up with curtains for privacy, individual lights/power points and excellent locker system for valuables. They also offer an o/night laundry service for next to nothing. Would highly recommend this hostel.

room was freezing. they don't turn on the heater until 10p.m. Sofia is below zero all day long. the coldest hostel I've ever stayed. they don't clean shower room. mold on the floor. smelled terrible.

Amazing food!! Great place with a nice chillout area!!

A very fun,friendly hostel.

Atmosphere was fantastic - really made it a great experience. Actually one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in - staff were also lovely, warm and very helpful!

• 17th Jan 2016

I had such a wonderful stay at Hostel Mostel, really do recommend it for both solo travellers and groups. The rooms are clean and warm and the breakfasts and dinners the hostel staff put on are great! There are activities you can get up to in and around Sofia that the hostel staff are only too happy to help you organise. In particular, Tod and Teo were amazing! I will definitely be visiting Hostel Mostel again.

On the website it said breakfast was included, although it was not. Then again, it was great!

Can't really complain about anything here. Only thing was wifi wasn't that strong in the room, but other than that amazing hostel. Free breakfast, and dinner staff is beyond amazing. They all know you by name within 2 days of you staying there. Curtains on the bed are awesome and super dark so drunken late nights don't wake you up. Hot showers, and everything was really clean. Super chill common area downstairs that's really nice to meet people. Awesome location too. Definitely stay here.

No card was accepted when I checked in, only Bulgarian Lev was available. There wasn't 18 persons room and I stayed 8 persons room at same price as 5.3EUR/day. Every bed in dormitory have own curtain and light and socket to charge batteries and small deposit box. We must make noise when we walk on wooden floor of dormitory and balcony. 6Lev for breakfast and dinner.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Japan

The staff at this hostel were the nicest, most amazing people I've ever met in all of my hostel experiences. The free breakfast was big and tasty and the vegetarian dinners were great also. Highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Sofia! Location also great.

Great hostel. Cool bed-units, great showers, half of the premises are common areas, friendly and very professional staff and superb wifi.

Big fan of Hostel Mostel 10/10 would recommend.

Hostel is in the city center and easy to find. Lounge area is huge and ok, little chilly though. Breakfast is ok (scrambled eggs, jam etc), coffee and tea for free. Dinner is poor, eggs again and pasta with some sauce. We were not given the room we have paid but that wasn't the problem. Main problem was bed who was small and uncomfortable and sheets were small for the bads. Toilets were clean but didn't have soaps. Sofia is nice for 2 days and I recomend free tour from 11 a.m.

The only problem I had was that there was no heating in the bathrooms (both ensuite and shared). As I was there during a winter storm that had temperatures well below zero, that made things a bit interesting to say the least! Otherwise, staff was good, breakfast was good, WiFi was reliable, lockers and outlets near bed were good. I was in a 6-bed dorm, which had a lot of empty space, which was too bad. Would have been nice to see a table and chairs or even a shelving unit. Overall a good hostel!

I enjoyed my time at Hostel Mostel, as they have an excellent infrastructure. I highly recommend both the monastery tour and the walking tour they offer. It is also lovely that meals are included. However, in the winter it was unfortunate that the toilets required going outside (even just a short walk) and the lockers were a bit small. Also, it seems as if the heat in the rooms doesn't come on until 10PM. Overall, I would stay again, and would recommend it.

Dinner was sort of "meh", but in what regards to everything else, it was great =D pool, computers, friendly staff, comfy beds...

Brilliant hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. The location is great, security is top notch with keycard access to both the premise and your room, as well as a small locker for passport/wallet etc. by your bed and another slightly larger locker for items like laptops etc. in the room as well. The ambiance in the common room is really good and the breakfast and dinner are great. The bunks in the 8 bed dorm I stayed in were fine, with curtains a nice addition. Hot shower also good.

A perfect hostel.