Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

These guys were totally totally awesome...!!! Its by far the best hostel I've been to in Eastern Europe so far...the friendliest staff...the common area where its so so easy to meet people...the food (amazing breakfast..!!) and just the general helpfulness of everyone around....If your going to stay in Sofia....please please do yourself a favour and stay here for at least one night

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great hostel. The staff is amazing, always helpful and will tell you the best places to go in Sofia. The room are always clean and the breakfast and dinners are really good. Especially the waffles. I have stayed here twice now. My hostel in Instanbul even said it is the best. When you come to Sofia stay at Hostel Mostel

Very good time, very nice and helpful staff!

A great stay, breakfast and dinner were great - even a beer with dinner! I'd recommend it without any reservations.

18 bed dorm is no good. Not a great experience...

Can't complain about a hostel that gives you free breakfast AND dinner! This is an awesome, chilled out hostel with a great atmosphere that makes meeting new people really easy. The 6 bed dorm had plenty of room, a good locker and private shower. The guys on the desk were super cool, always ready to help and full of plenty of tips for things to do in Sofia and where to travel next. This is definitely one of the coolest hostels I've stayed at in Europe.

Insanely good value, even without the evening meal and price, this is the best place I've stayed at! Couldn't possibly recommend it enough. Fantastic chill out area where you will meet loads of great people, I especially suggest this place for solo travellers.

A great hostel. I'm definitely going to stay here again, if I come back to Sofia.

Hostel Mostel is known as a good place to stay. I stayed at another Hostel Mostel and this one is also great. Food (breakfast and dinner) is free:-) Everything is very good. The only thing to mention is that the private rooms are in a different buildung.

The hostel is conveniently located, 5 minutes walk from the city center. The deal with the free breakfest (one of the best ones I tried in hostels), dinner and a glass of beer is unbeatable. The staff is helping and will help you with anything you might need. Only warning - the big dorm can get quite hot, so for a little extra money is worth taking some other room.

Genuinely love this hostel, staff are great, love the free breakfast and dinner but we've given it a poor rating on cleanliness because we received bedbugs from our night there. We'd stayed there previously and had no problems, and we feel they must have been from other visitors, but just a heads up. Great hostel, but not a pleasant experience!

Great hostel. Very social. Dorms were clean and spacious and common area had a great vibe. The organised day trip to Rila monastery was fantastic, and the staff had good recommendations on things to see and do in Sofia. My only (small) negative would be that there aren't many toilets which means you can end up waiting in the morning rush. But they were very clean so a small wait was not really a big deal.

Probably the BEST hostel I've stayed in all trip (been away for months). I'd tell family

The hostel is nice, great breakfast and dinner. Close to the city center. The lockers are small. It was really busy. I would recommend it.

Great breakfast plenty to go around, staff were helpful and accomodating really enjoyed our stay in Sofia

18 bed dorm needs a definitely bigger window and a way more quiet air conditioner/fan

Ok, I really can't fault this hostel.But would I stay here again?....No is the answer.My reasons are simple.On paper this hostel is the perfect catch.With great facilities, lots of people, kind and attentive staff; such an option is surely perfect... right?Well, if your a cautious first time teen, an unadventurous weekender, and of course....a euro boozer; this is certainly the place.However if your looking for non-commercial, "real" charm, then you should look elsewhere.Not my cup of tea.

Overall good hostel but the common showers need regular cleaning, during my stay (2 nights), they have not been cleaned once (toilets have been cleaned but not the showers).

one of the nicest hostels i've stayed in! incredible nice staff (we accidentily booked for a different day, still got a room, yet actually more expensive, for the cheaper prize), huge common room, fast wifi. rooms are not the nicest, yet okay to sleep in. showers and toilets nice and clean! definitely worth a stay!

Great hostel, really good position in the city, they have breakfast and dinner very good, the atmosphere is great, all the people staying together in the really nice common room and the guys working there are so friendly and nice with everyone. They organise pub crawl around the city for free and in the common room you can watch tv, play pool or just relax! I really recommend to go to this hostel if you want a great experience in Sofia!