Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

A grreat hostel, most of the staff is amazing and very helpful. Close to the tourist activities. Some rooms are amazing, others are less so, very clean.

I reserved the big dormitory but didn't read the small print about breakfast not being included with this room. However, due to the room being over booked I was upgraded to a 6 bed dorm - and breakfast was cheap anyway and included dinner and a beer. The food was very good. My dorm was in a separate building so wasn't aa social as being in the main building but it was clean, tidy and homely. Had a lounge area and kitchen. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Great hostel. Very clean. Free breakfast actually worth getting uo for. Always helpful staff. They have trips to Rila for a really great price. Very sociable with two meals provided in common area and pub crawls.

• 9th Jun 2015

I always choose my hostels for atmosphere (aka party) and location (city center, near everything to see). This place had both. It was a bit quiet in the evenings because you can't drink after 10 in the common room but that's everywhere in Bulgaria. They counter this by having a pub crawl 5 - 6 days of the week, so you still have a great time and make good friends. Great, comfy beds and good breakfast/dinner. Recommended!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great hostel with the best atmosphere I have experienced. All ages everyone talked to everyone. Free dinner and breakfast was a big plus. Would definitely recommend it!

A busy hostel in a great location. We stayed in the 18 bed loft which was surprisingly spacious. Breakfast was amazing (but it wasn't free like the description said it would be - always read the fine print!!!). The hostel staff were helpful and the day trips were great. Bathrooms were cleaned daily but with so many people using them they did become a bit smelly.

Loved this place, they have a GREAT breakfast spread in the morning! Staff was sweet and helpful.

Great time in Sofia. Very nice staff and nice Hostel. You get good breakfast and dinner for free.

Helpful staff, good breakfast and dinners, good location to get around the city. Recommend catching tram down to the mountains and going for a hike.

Excellent security although the lockers were small. The mattresses were foam but were ok. The breakfast and dinners were good - there were three dinner choices. There's a really good common area - very social..

good clean facilities with a very functional common area and great staff.

Hostel Mostel was very nice, with a nice common room full of friendly people and some great excursions. Free breakfast and dinner was a nice touch, but pretty mediocre, so we tended to get our own food anyway. Aside from that, it was clean and well-located, so I really have no complaints.

• 4th Jun 2015

Stayed in the private rooms down the street. The staff are the most helpful ever and made a first time solo female traveler feel rihht at home!

Great location, good staff and excellent value for money!

Awesome place! Everything you could want in a hostel.

A very friendly staff and great that they arrange activities. Easy way from the train station and close to important landmarks.

My stay in Hostel Mostel was amazing!!! The stuff is incredibly friendly and I felt like a friend of them at the end of my stay! There are many things to do, as the free walking tours and pub crawl. The atmosphere is really cool! I met a lot of people who were traveling around the balkans and that experience is awesome. If I come back to Sofia, I will go there for sure!

Great location and common area. The matresses hurt my back terribly though. Staff was awesome especially Todd who went out of his way to remember everyone by name.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming ! We felt very comfortable to chat with them and willing to help us. Thank you hostel Mostel 👌😘

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Our stay was really good, and the location was perfect! Breakfast was excellent and the staff was as helpful and friendly as we could wish. The toilets and showers were always clean, and everything had a bright and welcome interior. However, the matress in our room was really (too) lumpy, and could use an upgrade. Also, the private rooms weren't at the same location as the common room/reception. It was a 5 min. walk max., but should be mentioned somewhere. All in all we had a very nice stay!

• 31st May 2015