Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

I enjoyed my time at Hostel Mostel, as they have an excellent infrastructure. I highly recommend both the monastery tour and the walking tour they offer. It is also lovely that meals are included. However, in the winter it was unfortunate that the toilets required going outside (even just a short walk) and the lockers were a bit small. Also, it seems as if the heat in the rooms doesn't come on until 10PM. Overall, I would stay again, and would recommend it.

Dinner was sort of "meh", but in what regards to everything else, it was great =D pool, computers, friendly staff, comfy beds...

Brilliant hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. The location is great, security is top notch with keycard access to both the premise and your room, as well as a small locker for passport/wallet etc. by your bed and another slightly larger locker for items like laptops etc. in the room as well. The ambiance in the common room is really good and the breakfast and dinner are great. The bunks in the 8 bed dorm I stayed in were fine, with curtains a nice addition. Hot shower also good.

A perfect hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, it's nicely central located and the breakfast was great (dinner was simple but nice if you are traveling on a budget). I had a private room which was good but i didn't like that it was in another building (it was just 5 min walk so that was OK but I normally prefer staying in the main building enjoying the hostel atmosphere). The staff was very friendly, they help you order a taxi and offered to post my postcard when i couldn't buy stamps in the city.

There is bsst place!

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Japan

I thought it would be better... The staff wasn't so friendly... The infrastructure was good but nothing awesome like most of the hostels we have been in our trip!

The best thing about this place is the staff and location. The atmosphere is good, but of course depends on who is staying there.

Great place to base yourself while exploring Sofia, staff are awesome.

This hostel is one of my favorites. With a great atmosphere, friendly staff, amazing food and clean rooms/facilities theres no reason not to love your stay and have a great time.

awesome staff that make you feel comfortable and at home, not a problem for them to do laundry (and even fold it). they will give you any recommendations about the surrounding area, places to eat, or what to try. really friendly nice place to stay

Great stay. Easy to meet people, good vibe and excellent facilities. Floor is a little creaky in room so it's impossible not to disturb others with late night arrivals or early departures but other than this it was great!!!

• 10th Dec 2015

It's been a really nice stay. Me and my friend strongly recommend this hostel to whom it may pass through Sofia. Thumbs up!

The staff were extremely helpful and great fun. The room was perfect and only a couple of minutes away from the hostel and was no hassle. The free breakfast was especially good value. Overall fantastic stay, would recommend.

Beds are comfy and private (each bed has its own curtain) and the staff were very nice and helpful. Large common area for socializing and the breakfast was good. Wish I had stayed a second night!

Best ,coziest hostel ever :)

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Great location, close to everything, the staff was really nice and welcoming. One thing to note is that we did not stay in the hostel itself, but in a shared flat 2 min from the hostel. For us, this was perfectly fine - but if you are looking for a hostel atmosphere - then it's better to book bigger dorms that are directly in the hostel. Our flat was nice, big, clean, safe, with a big kitchen. The only remark is that the heating could have been better.

This hostel was one of the best I have stayed in, I never write reviews but this place was amazing and people deserve to know it! The staff were super friendly and helpful going out of their way to give you information. The location of the building is set back from the main street and I had just the best sleeps! There are little curtains on the cubicles for added privacy, beds were super comfy, there was a lamp, a powerpoint and a smaller locker (plus the big one in the room) right by your bed.

• 24th Nov 2015

Great hostel, easy to meet fellow travellers. all beds have small locker, curtain, power point and light (amazing) as well as another large locker per bed for larger items. Breakfast is great but dinner could be better, not many options, tasteless and usually served cold. Keep in mind you can't use kitchen in the morning or evening as they use it to cook so we had to pay for the meals (6 lev for breakfast and dinner (combined)). Make sure you visit the little cafe/bar called the apartment!

We liked the hostel so much we came back for one more night after coming from Romania. we were given a private apartment with a huge bathtub, kitchen and living space. it was right next door to the common area so easy to get to. great place.