Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

Todd, who was working on reception, was a great help. He goes through everything when you arrive and always there to help or answer any questions. Breakfast is worth the money!!

Cool gys, cool place, good value for the money...

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Great place and great people! Amazing breakfast! All you can eat :) Big room, clean and comfortable. Totally recomended!

As per usual, had an awesome time at Hostel Mostel and will be back soon!

Staying at this hostel is more like staying with long-lost friends than anything else! The staff is so friendly, personable, and helpful. The hostel is clean and well equipped. Things to note: private rooms are a couple blocks away from main building (it really works out fine), food is only free with more expensive rooms (it is a little bland but healthy and hardy), I listed facilities as "good" because my bed was a bit old and creaky compared to the other one in the room but still acceptable.

Extra friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great common room and good breakfast. Probably the only downside is the no-drinking rule after 10pm, rather than that, the place is perfect.

Great location, very helpful staff,excellent service .

This is a legendary hostel. Cheap, great staff, cool travellers, free breakfast and dinner and casual pub crawls every night. Excellent double rooms too

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Nice to have a meal at the end of the day and not have to think about it.

The hostel itself was okay. The price and location were not bad. Some of the guests at the hostel were very strange, you get the impression some stay there as temporary accommodation rather than as travellers. I went on the pubcrawl which ended very awkwardly, especially since the leader got into an unnecessary argument with two of the guests. I had the impression breakfast was included but when I turned up they told me I had to pay extra for it.

Best hostel breakfast I've seen traveling for years. Great friendly staff who are really helpful and awesome! Really cool place

Awesome hostel, great common area. We stayed in a private room in a building next to the hostel. It was like an apartment with 2 private rooms, very nice for a hostel. However, the bed was not good at all and the sleep quality was poor after an exhausting day. Staff is very nice.

Everything was wonderful, especially the staff guys, amazing.

Would have been nice if the group rooms were located where the office was. Had to walk back to the office to turn in keys and get the taxi. Also, no towels so i had to use the sheet. It worked but.....

I have been travelling across Europe for six months and I have to say this is one of the best hostels I have come across. The atmosphere is incredibly warm and fun and the staff are really helpful and caring. They have such a good set up to hang out downstairs and meet new people! I also had the chance to read by myself and feel really relaxed and comfortable doing so. I even considered coming back to Sofia just to hang out here- it's wonderful! Thanks for such a great stay!!

Fantastic vibe... staff couldn't do enough for us...

Hostel Mostel, is one of the best hostels I ever stayed. The staff is so kind, the make their promise become real. I enjoyed breakfast and even the free dinner, first hostel I have stayed who provide free dinner. Sofia was a real surprise, I enjoyed it so much, that I would definitely come back some day! Hostel Mostel would be the place to be.

Private rooms are in an apartment next door which is great. Only downside is its next to a tramline which is really noisy (so you may need ear plugs!)

Really a cozy place to spend couple of days. Staff was extremely nice & helpful, which made things pretty easy. 2 meals per day and prices were damn cheap :)

Best value for the money! We were located in a separate flat about 200 meters from the hostels breakfast room. Wireless LAN, bathroom, kitchen were in the flat. Big rooms. Very good location, public traffic available, you can start walking to the center of the city. Very friendly staff, 24 h of service. Very good breakfast in the nice breakfast room.

• 20th May 2014