Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

This hostel was really good, had a good variety of travelers there who were from all walks and ages of life, but seemed to attract the best sorts. Not a huge party atmosphere but a perfect balance and they were happy to help with pub walks etc to keep the noise down at hostel after 10pm so people could sleep if they needed. The breakfast and dinner options were really good, bathroom facilities were great and clean, staff really friendly and helpful, good security etc, couldn't have asked more!

The hostel is located in a beautiful historical building in the city centre. I loved the common area and the staff was very helpful. I stayed in a 8 people dorm and breakfast/dinner were not including in the hostel world price. It's not possible to use the kitchen when the staff is preparing meals. The bed was quite uncomfortable, I was even bitten by bed bugs. There is not much space in the dorms and in some you need to go outdoor to get to the bathroom, which is not very nice when it's cold.

Great hostel, no complaints. Would certainly stay again.

All of you guys are amazing. Thanks for everything. Best hostel ever. Staffs are extremely helpful and nice. I totally recommend you.

I've stayed a few times here and it's always good. If there is any critism is that it's become rather overcrowded at meal times.

great value for money, your stay includes the best breakfast I ever had in an hostel and dinner with a beer. a bit dislocated from the center of the town but you can walk there in 10-15 min. good atmosphere everyone will be in the commom area to eat together. great staff will organize day trips to rila monastery. The hostel has two buildings about 6 min walking from each so we had to walk a bit before having breakfast every morning but that wasn't a problem when you saw the food.

Great staff, amazing breakfast!

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I ended up staying here on 3 occasions on my travels around Bulgaria. Highlights include the great spread at breakfast, the super-helpful staff (who put the tourist information to shame with their knowledge - special props to the guy who helped me out with transport directions to Panichishte and then Melnik) and the availability of 3 PCs for Internet - meaning you never have to wait long.

Great atmosphere. Very social hostel. Nice idea of free pub crawl. Best breakfast. Better to get smaller dorm and have food included because it has good value for money.

Very easy to meet people, fun (but not tacky) bar crawl, laidback vibe. Clean bathrooms, good breakfast.

Such a nice hostel. Don't be put off by the slightly dodgy-looking street view, this place is a haven. Breakfast and dinner are included - maybe the only good veggie meals I had in Eastern Europe - and the staff do your washing for you, which is lovely

The common room is really cool but I wouldn't really recommend the cheapest rooms in the attic, they feel a bit drab - if I'd come again I'd probably pay a bit more for a regular bunk bed. But the kitten in the garden was the best. I'll definitely come back just to say hi to him. If you see him he answers the name Emil Kostadinov.

Great, friendly, helpful staff!

Stayed in the dbl bed private room, which is in an apartment 5mins up the road from the main hostel. Apartment was gorgeous, 2 bathrooms, stocked kitchen etc. Great deal, with all you can eat bfast and dinner included in the price. Staff friendly & knowledgable about the city. Cute cats outside the hostel, and wifi signal strong everywhere. Can't speak to the security in the dorm rooms, but the apartment was well locked up.

Hostel Mostel was one of the best, if the not the best, hostel I've stayed in. The dorm rooms were clean and spacious, the hostel building was beautiful and in such a central location and its common room was comfortable, spacious and welcoming. The staff were excellent and went out of their way to help me. The food was cheap and amazing, with a free beer every night! The pub crawl was so much fun and I met amazing people here! Have already recommended the hostel to all of my friends!

Amazing hostel and atmosphere, easy to meet people and very helpful staff

Great location/price/atmosphere. 2 free meals a day were surprising good too especially continental breakfast. Staff extremely helpful with where to visit in the day and night. Private rooms are round the corner in a separate building but this wasn't an issue as you had the facilities you need there Definitely recommend and a great way to meet fellow travellers!

Awesome hostel, can't recommend enough. Nicest staff ever, and super knowledgeable. Such a good breakfast for only 3€. The 18 bed dorm is great, no problems, except for one night where some drunk idiot didn't stop coughing and kept everyone up.

The location is perfect. Staff is very nice and helpfull. I loved the map of the city I got - much better than the one in tourist information.