Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

A very friendly staff and great that they arrange activities. Easy way from the train station and close to important landmarks.

My stay in Hostel Mostel was amazing!!! The stuff is incredibly friendly and I felt like a friend of them at the end of my stay! There are many things to do, as the free walking tours and pub crawl. The atmosphere is really cool! I met a lot of people who were traveling around the balkans and that experience is awesome. If I come back to Sofia, I will go there for sure!

Great location and common area. The matresses hurt my back terribly though. Staff was awesome especially Todd who went out of his way to remember everyone by name.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming ! We felt very comfortable to chat with them and willing to help us. Thank you hostel Mostel 👌😘

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Our stay was really good, and the location was perfect! Breakfast was excellent and the staff was as helpful and friendly as we could wish. The toilets and showers were always clean, and everything had a bright and welcome interior. However, the matress in our room was really (too) lumpy, and could use an upgrade. Also, the private rooms weren't at the same location as the common room/reception. It was a 5 min. walk max., but should be mentioned somewhere. All in all we had a very nice stay!

• 31st May 2015

Great hostel. Lockers were huge. The bunks had privacy curtains, individual outlets, amd small storage shelves. Breakfast and dinner were provided in the awesome common area. Aside from being a great value, the meals were a great way to meet other travelers. My only complaint (which is more of an observation than a complaint) is that the en suite room only had a shower--no toilet. I probably wouldn't book that room again.

one of the best places that I have stayed at in years. and to get a breakfast and dinner, that was a great surprise. :)

I had heard a lot about this place beforehand, and it definitely lived up to its reputation! It was so easy to meet other travellers here, and the atmosphere was always very friendly and social. Staff were great too!

pretty good hostel. central area. good kitchen. very clean. confortable beds. Nice staff. :0)

One of the best hostels I have stayed in recently, the hostel has a great common room that's great to meet other travellers.

A really social hostel, they even took us on their own pub crawl and supplied as with dinner as well. Quite close to the centre of town and great facilities. Due to ongoing building work at the time they upgraded our room which was really appreciated.

The room was very cheap for central Sofia. However, we were suprised to find upon arriving that our room was not actually located in the hostel but across the street, in an ugly apartment block. The room itself was very nice, but it was disappointing to discover we were not in the traditional inn as expected -- if this was in the small print I did not see it, but staff should make this more clear

Great hostel, facilities and location!

I stayed here twice, and would stay here again for sure. The atmosphere and community were fantastic. Additionally, the staff were wonderful, and I highly recommend the laundry service and breakfast! One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

One of the best hostels we ever stayed. Breakfast & dinner are delicious. The staff is uber friendly and helpfull! Comfy rooms & clean WC. Also the WIFI is extremely fast!!!!

Awesome staffs!

Nice hostel with very comfortable beds (which all have curtains, always a nice touch). The free dinner and breakfast are solid. Common room is huge and really chill. My only qualm would be that our ensuite bathroom didn't actually have a toilet- only a shower and a sink. Definitely the best place to stay in sofia.

Everything was great, breakfast and supper were awesome and staff was so friendly and welcoming! The only complaint I have is the wifi was not working very well.

Brilliant staff who go out of their way to help you. The atmosphere in the hostel is so chilled and very social. Love the common area which was the perfect spot to sit and relax and meet other travellers. I stayed in a private double room which was really spacious and clean and in the building next door but that wasn't a problem.

Really conveniently located hostel. Costs 4-5 lev for a taxi ride from the bus station. Staff are excellent. They go above and beyond for you to enjoy your stay in Sofia. The toilet was an inconvenience as I had to walk outside my room on the balcony and walk to the end. The lockers in the rooms aren't made for big bags. Other than that no complaints!