Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

Really a cozy place to spend couple of days. Staff was extremely nice & helpful, which made things pretty easy. 2 meals per day and prices were damn cheap :)

Best value for the money! We were located in a separate flat about 200 meters from the hostels breakfast room. Wireless LAN, bathroom, kitchen were in the flat. Big rooms. Very good location, public traffic available, you can start walking to the center of the city. Very friendly staff, 24 h of service. Very good breakfast in the nice breakfast room.

• 20th May 2014

A very different kind of hostel! An old reformed house in Sofia´s downtown! It´s incredible! Staff was very kind! Rooms and bathrooms well furnished and cleaned! Great athmosphere!

This place is awesome. The staff is extremely helpful and can assist you with whatever you need. Breakfast is awesome and always onetime. Same goes for dinner. You are provided with a key and no curfew. Facilities are nice and maintained daily. Beds and floors rock a little but wasn't much of a problem.

familar atmosphere

Best hostel I've been to so far!! Great location, walking distance to all the tourist sites, helpful staff, and amazing atmosphere, this is the hostel you have to choose when you visit Sofia.

Very nice and helpful people from the hostel staff, well located hostel, big and clean room. I really enjoyed my staying. Thank you and see you next time!

It was my second visit and the hostel is lovely as always. Solid breakfast, reasonable price, clean sheets and plenty of hot water. I will be back.

A great hostel where it is easy to meet people. Most evenings there is a pub crawl which helps with the socialising as well as keeping the hostel quite after 10pm. Each morning a very good breakfast is served and at night you can get a basic free meal (no meat though). Met great people here and definitely recommend staying here when in Sofia.

This hostel really made our trip to Sofia! The staff are so friendly and the place is lovely. We had a double private room which is a 2 minute walk from the main building both buildings require a key to enter so are really safe. The breakfast is brilliant there is a massive selection and I am 100% that everyone will find something they like. The staff are really friendly and there is a chance to go on a free pub crawl, obviously you have to pay for your own drinks but the tour is free. Amazing!

• 13th May 2014
  • Scotland

Virtually everything is perfect at the hostel. The managers of the hostel are likely to be exceptionally apt at their job, they are striving to pay attention to the smallest details. I liked the atmosphere of hospitality when receptionists allow the customers to sleep, to drink coffee/tea and sit on the sofas. And the breakfast and dinner are perfect.

• 11th May 2014
  • Azerbaijan

Would for sure come back. Decent breakfast, clean rooms! Friendly staff, great location and best rooftop terrace around with perfect views over the water. Spent a lot of time up there. Stayed in 6 bed female dorm also with a great view and big windows. My guy friend was in dorm room below ground level so wasnt as lucky. Would definitely reccomend though:)

The best place to enjoy the city and the living room is very nice to meet people

Great hostel! You're initially welcomed with an extensive brief about activities at the hostel and how to explore the city. The free dinner is delicious and overall atmosphere is great. The staff is very friendly and the hostel is about a ten minute walk to the heart of the city. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Sofia!

Great place, really nice staff, they`re always willing to help you. Food is really good also!!! I totally recommend Hostel Mostel!!

I really enjoyed my stay in Hostel Mostel in Sofia, I met some amasing people who I traveled with for a bit. The staff was really nice, there was this one guy, who might have been the owner or manager or something like that who checked me in when I arrived and all the time he saw me, he knew my name and was really nice and friendly. He also knew when I was leaving and advised me where to go afterwards.

Great people, generous breakfast. Take tram #5 and follow the yellow blaze up Mt. Vitosha.

Free breakfast and dinner (with a beer). Everything was great but note that if you book a private room, you will be staying in a different building located 5 minutes walking away from the hostel.

I have been traveling around Eastern Europe for 2 months now and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in, in my whole life. It is such good value for money, with the inclusion of a huge range of breakfast and vegetarian supper every night. The staff were absolutely lovely and chatty and extremely helpful in advising us what to do around Sofia. The common room was cozy with blankets and pillows and sofas everywhere. Internet was useful, and most of all the bathrooms were SPOTLESS!

There is nothing more to say except this is the absolute best hostel I have ever stated in, in my whole life! The breakfast (costing €1.5) was all you can eat with the standard bread and jam and cheese and salami but with an option of waffles and chocolate spread or honey! And scrambled eggs. Stayed in 18-bed dorm which is in the attic so got very cold (had extra blankets) and not much wifi connection. Even though beds were just sponge mattresses on floor I had great nights sleep! Loved it.