Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

A busy hostel in a great location. We stayed in the 18 bed loft which was surprisingly spacious. Breakfast was amazing (but it wasn't free like the description said it would be - always read the fine print!!!). The hostel staff were helpful and the day trips were great. Bathrooms were cleaned daily but with so many people using them they did become a bit smelly.

Loved this place, they have a GREAT breakfast spread in the morning! Staff was sweet and helpful.

Great time in Sofia. Very nice staff and nice Hostel. You get good breakfast and dinner for free.

Helpful staff, good breakfast and dinners, good location to get around the city. Recommend catching tram down to the mountains and going for a hike.

Excellent security although the lockers were small. The mattresses were foam but were ok. The breakfast and dinners were good - there were three dinner choices. There's a really good common area - very social..

good clean facilities with a very functional common area and great staff.

Hostel Mostel was very nice, with a nice common room full of friendly people and some great excursions. Free breakfast and dinner was a nice touch, but pretty mediocre, so we tended to get our own food anyway. Aside from that, it was clean and well-located, so I really have no complaints.

• 4th Jun 2015

Stayed in the private rooms down the street. The staff are the most helpful ever and made a first time solo female traveler feel rihht at home!

Great location, good staff and excellent value for money!

Awesome place! Everything you could want in a hostel.

A very friendly staff and great that they arrange activities. Easy way from the train station and close to important landmarks.

My stay in Hostel Mostel was amazing!!! The stuff is incredibly friendly and I felt like a friend of them at the end of my stay! There are many things to do, as the free walking tours and pub crawl. The atmosphere is really cool! I met a lot of people who were traveling around the balkans and that experience is awesome. If I come back to Sofia, I will go there for sure!

Great location and common area. The matresses hurt my back terribly though. Staff was awesome especially Todd who went out of his way to remember everyone by name.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming ! We felt very comfortable to chat with them and willing to help us. Thank you hostel Mostel 👌😘

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Our stay was really good, and the location was perfect! Breakfast was excellent and the staff was as helpful and friendly as we could wish. The toilets and showers were always clean, and everything had a bright and welcome interior. However, the matress in our room was really (too) lumpy, and could use an upgrade. Also, the private rooms weren't at the same location as the common room/reception. It was a 5 min. walk max., but should be mentioned somewhere. All in all we had a very nice stay!

• 31st May 2015

Great hostel. Lockers were huge. The bunks had privacy curtains, individual outlets, amd small storage shelves. Breakfast and dinner were provided in the awesome common area. Aside from being a great value, the meals were a great way to meet other travelers. My only complaint (which is more of an observation than a complaint) is that the en suite room only had a shower--no toilet. I probably wouldn't book that room again.

one of the best places that I have stayed at in years. and to get a breakfast and dinner, that was a great surprise. :)

I had heard a lot about this place beforehand, and it definitely lived up to its reputation! It was so easy to meet other travellers here, and the atmosphere was always very friendly and social. Staff were great too!

pretty good hostel. central area. good kitchen. very clean. confortable beds. Nice staff. :0)

One of the best hostels I have stayed in recently, the hostel has a great common room that's great to meet other travellers.