Hostel Mostel Reviews

2A Makedonia Boulevard, Sofia, Bulgaria

Lovely, helpful staff and a good location. Our room was in a different building, about a 5-7 minute walk from the main hostel. This was a bit annoying to be honest, made us feel unmotivated to get to breakfast by 10am and also made it hard to meet people. Other than that, was a nice, comfortable room.

It's a nice place.

Brilliant hostel. Breakfast and dinner included was amazing. Great advice from staff. Highly highly recommend

My only complaint is that the bed was a bit uncomfortable - springs were poking me all night. Otherwise, I had a great stay at the hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great. Facilities and services included in the fee were great too. Thanks a lot!

• 5th Aug 2014

The best hostel we had ever stayed at. Free dinner and breakfast: really good! Staff really polite and nice, and always trying to help! Great atmosphere! Very good when you travel in group and better when you are by yourself, because you can really meet people from all over the world. They also have some activities like tours and pub crawl. I recomend!

This Hostel Mostel is quite unlike the one in Veliko Tarnovo, which is better in my opinion. This one in Sofia a lot bigger and not very cozy. It has more of a party hostel atmosphere and the common room is a little bit institutional feeling. Another negative is that you have to walk outside to get to the bathrooms, which were never very clean and always had water all over the floor, even in the non-shower rooms. The location is okay, about 5-10 min from the center and 30 minutes to the station.

Bonus points for free breakfast AND dinner. The staff did everything they could to ensure you had an awesome time with loads of information, a free pub crawl and even a free caving adventure. Looking forward to staying there again :)

Only spent one night here but my brother and I loved it, one of the best places we've stayed during our 3 week interrailing holiday. The hostel is not quite central and the staff are really good, breakfast not included but it was something like £2 each if you wanted something which was good. The hostel organised a FREE caving trip in the day, the only thing we had to pay for was the train and some lunch. Seriously recommend this hostel to anyone young and travelling it was awesome.

One of the best hostels i have stayed at in 2.5 months of traveling. Friendly staff, great value, cool trips (the free caving trip was incredible), awesome breakfast, good location. Changed our stay from 3 to 7 to 9 days it was that good. Has everything: wall sockets, lockers, clean bathrooms and showers, etc.

Breakfast and dinner were a good way of meeting other guests which created a good atmosphere.

Super feeling, super staff, location in centre of Sofia.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. It's very worth for money, our room was all rebuilt, clean and looked very nice. Toilet was kind of old but very good and clean. Breakfast was great as well, it was crowded because there are a few places to sit but it wasn't a problem.

FANTASTIC from start to finish, included breakfast and diner staff was incredibly helfull right off the bat till the end. great party hostel but they also understand not all want to so they were great with imposing quite time after 10 I think to let people sleep and would suggest/bring people out depending on mood. Honestly one of the best hostels I have stayed at. STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the best hostel of the trip. You meet so much people. The brealfast is delicious!! There is a amazing pub curl. And the staff is realy nice. If you are going to Sofia and you want to meet new people, have food for almost nothing, have a good sleep and near by the center then you have to go to hostel mostel

Bed bugs!!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great staff, great atmosphere

Had a great time here at Hostel Mostel. Breakfast and dinner were good (though beware you have to pay extra if you select the economy option as they call it) and even included free waffles. Which is pretty sweet. They organised a lot of activities whilst I was there like free hiking tours and cave climbing. Every night there was a pub crawl which was free and usually pretty good. When I come back to sofia I'd absolutely stay here again. A steal for the price they charge you.

Very easy-going stuff of Hostel Mostel will give you a warm welcome and give very detailed information about the city and posibble activities. Its charming.

Bed bugs in Relaxing space! I never stay again. チェックイン開始時間過ぎてもチェックインできず。共有スペースで待っていたら南京虫にやられました。

This hostel is a good one if you want t meet people. The staff is nice and organize good excursions! You have a big living room, separated from the rooms. I will recommended this hostel!