Hostel Mundo Chiquito

Fabulous 208 Total Reviews
Fabulous 208 Total Reviews

25th Aug 2017
2.0

This place is a scam. I cancelled my booking 12 days before, and in the terms of cancellation they had conflicting information. They were allowed to charge me one nights stay for cancelling after 2 weeks, but instead charged me for the full two nights. I contacted them and they did not resolve the matter. Hostel World told me they would change their terms, so they were at fault but still did not want to refund me one of the nights.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

Really lovely hostel, in a beautiful tranditional Japanese style. All staff were friendly and helpful. Close to trains and buses with small but practical kitchenette. It had a nice and relaxed vibe, would recommend and would stay again :)

• USA, Male, 18-24
31st Jul 2017

Mundo Chiquito is centrally located in the city but it's an hour from Kyoto Station by foot, about a half hour by bus. But Nijo Castle and the Imperial palace are just blocks away, I wholeheartedly enjoyed this hostel; it became like a home during my travels. The staff are extraordinary with their help and friendliness and conversation. All of the residents were well mannered as well. I spent a lot of time talking, writing, and playing chess here. This hostel truly added worth to my vacation.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
15th Jun 2017

It's great here. The staff are super nice and I really enjoyed my stay! It's cheap and basically has everything you need. Highly recommend this place!!!!!

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
12th Jun 2017
8.0

Very cheap hostel worth its money because it is really well situated in Kyoto. Dorms smells like feet but it is clean. Kitchen has all the necessary things to cook and their is a common room with possiblity to meet some people.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

I would happily go back It's a very good low budget place. I got a bit of a shock because it looks very diy, but it's all you need. The staff are friendly and respond well to candy and treats. I wish I could have got to know one of them better, lol. You get a locker big enough for a small suitcase. It gets really hot in the dorms, you need to open the door but close the outside door to stop mosquitoes Hardbeds

25th May 2017

It was great place to stay at , the stuff was super friendly and helpful Loved it

• England, Male, 25-30
20th May 2017

Excellent hostel, really relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff and great location. Having travelled across Asia over the last few months, this place is ranks highly.

13th May 2017

The hostel is in a traditional Japanese home with sliding doors which I loved! The staff was superb and made their best effort in recommending activities. Before booking here, I noticed that some reviews did not appreciate how cramped the room is. It *is* a little cramped but I personally did not mind it. What I'd instead consider is that a single room holds EVERYONE at the hostel and it's NOT soundproof. If anyone snores you WILL hear it and it'll sound like it's right beside you.

• England, Couple, 25-30
11th Apr 2017

Just excellent. Staff great, the hostel itself was lovely and very clean. Can't fault our stay at all.

×