Hostel Mundo Chiquito Reviews

485 Aburanokoji Takeyachosagaru Hashimotocho, Nakagyoku, Kyoto, Japan

Had a great stay here! The hostel has a more traditional feel to it which I thought was nice and the staff was amazing! Very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it and I'd stay here again!

Really nice tradionnal hostel. Located near the imperial palace and the Nijojo castle. People are friendly and there a nice garden.

Extra friendly atmosphere, lovely house, nice people! The only thing that could improve is the beds in the dorm, a bit uncomfortable. But we loved Mundo Chiquito, and will definitely come back if coming to Japan again!

good staff...small hostel but literally. .Im 1.85 and crashed my head 4 times inside.Good internet,good bathroom and kitchen.

We didnt get any sheets for the bed or even a pillowcase. The blanket also looked very dirty. If you stay here you will need to bring your own sheets and pillowcase. Also we stayed in the mixed dorms and it felt super claustrophobic and a bit dirty.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Clean, adorable, great location and such friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely be returning when I'm back in Kyoto!

The hostel was located in central Kyoto so going anywhere you'd want to visit in Kyoto is actually easy - walking distance to Nijo Castle so everything orientates around there. The owners and staff were nice, helpful and friendly and largely it was easy place to stay in. The place itself is a Japanese style space (i.e. small) and there is only one toilet and two showers which can take you a while, there is no dryer so you have to kind of climb up to the 2nd floor to dry any laundry.

We stayed in the 8-man room at Hostel Mundo Chiquito. This was a very affordable option, however the rooms were spectacularly cramped and often led to nearly suffocating conditions at night. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the facilities were very clean and well maintained. While this hostel is a decent stay for the value, I would strongly dissuade travelers from attempting the 8-man rooms here in lieu of the private rooms. All in all, this was a positive experience.

Such a cute and quaint little place! Had a little trouble finding the place. But the staff was extremely friendly and even came out to the intersection to get me! Equipped with full kitchen, nice showers, washer and dryer. Highly recommended and would definitely stay here again!

Cool place to stay, for those willing to visit Kyoto. Conveniently located, slightly far from the night life areas, but still within walking distance.