Hostel Mundo Joven Cancún Reviews

Uxmal num.25, Cancun, Mexico

The hostel feels like it has deteriorated in the last year, the first morning we stayed, the breakfast was being cleared before 9:30 even though there were still guests coming up before the 9:30 cut off, the breakfast options were dismal, the service has declined substantially, the door to our private room was not secure, felt very flimsy.

Thank you very much for the feedback. To find out our weak points will definitely help us to improve our service quality. We'll check again our procedures during breakfast in order to correct what we are doing wrong to offer the best breakfast in town. About your room you can feel tottaly safe since nobody has access to your room and your privacy is one of our top-priorities. We would like you to come back and try us a third time to change your perspective.Have a very good flight ! Cheers

Very greay hostel but very far from the beach, cannot walk, need a bus. I only stayed for a night but the place was awesome, the terrace is great, its not boring at all and people were great! Only thing is its in cancun and i wasnt very amazed by that town, rained the day i was there so couldnt get to the beach, which makes it boring. Its a luck the hostel had a tv, a jaccuzi and a foosball table.

Thank you very much for your words. We really appreciate them. We are glad to know you had fun at the Hostel and will be waiting for you on your return. Save travels !

Nice hostel very close to downtown ADO bus station I had a early flight back to the USA..

Thank you so much for giving us the chance to host you in Cancún. We hope you come back soon and spend some more nights at the Hostel. Happy travels,

Spacious room which I liked..... In dorm room, 2 toilets 1 shower room. Staffs are not very helpful. Seems like they are lack of information about Cancun. No common room to sit.. just rooftop terrace... No atmosphere due to staffs.

We're very sorry to get such a comment but We'd really like you to give us a second chance in order to change your perspective on us and create a great atmosphere together. Happy travels !

Nice, clean if somewhat bleak place. Excellent location just three minutes' walk from the main bus station. Decent breakfast included and vibrant rooftop bar at night. Well worth the price.

Thanks for your words amigo. Have a good trip ! Cheers !

I was a good place to stay. When they found out that they had forgotten to give us our linning and towels (we had a private room) they even reimbursed us some money! Thanx mundo joven.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Thanks for your comment. We are glad to know you had a very good time here. Cheers !

We stayed here two nights. One at the beginning and one at the end of our trip. The location is perfect if you want to travel by bus (ADO bus Terminal is only one block away) also the airport is easy to reach by bus or taxi. Otherwise is Cancun in my opinion no city where you need to stay longer. The Hostel is nice and clean and has an amazing rooftop terrasse. It is very noisy at night though, cause its right next to a busy street and also there are quite some party travellers!

Thanks for your comments. Que are happy you have fun with us. Safe travels and come back any time¡

Really organised place with helpful staff, the rooftop terrace is great and the included breakfast was delicious

Thanks for your comments¡ Please, come back any time¡ Cheers¡

Clean room, very secure and two pillows!! Quiet location, staff very helpful and good terrace bar. Shower leaked though.

Thanks for your words amiga. Have a good trip back home !

The reception personell were excellent and super helpful. The beds were simple and not comfy but ok. Good internet and a good stop to plan your next step but not a lot to enjoy close by, a lot of traffic a well away from the beach.

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ cheers

We're not young but we were well accepted in the Hostel Mundo Joven

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for your comments. In Mundo Joven, we believe that youth is soemthing that all of us have inside, its a way of thinking, its a way of living, and the most important thing a way to travel¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

The roof top bar is a nice touch. The location is perfect for those need to catch the early bus the next morning. But Cancun in general is not an interesting place unless you go there just for party.

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

Really close to the ADO bus station (I was not bothered about being in the zona hotelera), probably one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed at. Really secure, they give you wristbands, and individual lockers which even have plug sockets inside them. Each bed has it's own plug socket and light. The dorm was super spacious too, with it's own shower and toilets. There wasn't realy hot water but this is normal in Mexico!

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We do have hor water in every shower im not sure what happened that day... We check all of them and tehy work fine¡ Cheers and come back any time¡

Had private room 3rd floor up stairs. Room with huge jacuzzi never used. Shower didn't work. Overall cost, 800 pesos a nite. Too much. Staff excellent. Everyone's valuables thrown in jumble in closet. Noise from disco on roof until 2 AM. large closet where everyone throws in their various items like laptops, etc. 2 TV's in room unnecessary. Would not go back.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hostel is okay I guess. Bar on the rooftop was fun and supermarkets are close but other than that I did not like much about my stay at this hostel/ in cancun.

The hostel itselfs was okay. The bar on the rooftop was awesome and as well as all the people there. But we slept in a 14 Bedroom dorm and the air condition didn´t work so first of all it was so hot in the room so nobody slept really well. As the AC didn´t work the door was always open and therefore it was very noisy and there were hundreds of mosquitos in the room which didn´t contribute to a good sleep. Furthermore there was only cold water coming out of the showers....

• 2nd Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. All our showers have hot water, we had check them and they work fine¡ Im sorry you experience some problems with you AC, we just change it¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

The atmosphere is very nice, as well the location and the facilities . The bar on the rooftop is an attraction. However, they really need to improve the security, I had a expensive jacket stole from my bedroom and my friend`s phone mysteriously disappear from the rooftop bar !

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We care a lot about our guest security, we have people 24/7 to help you guys in any problem. Something important: We cant take care of all you stuff and belongings, that is why we provide every guest with a locker so you guys can keep they stuff safe. Please come back any time¡

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

sometimes the internet wi-fi does not work, and the water was cold one day. overall, the staffs are friendly and the hostel has a good location!

• 30th Dec 2014

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Safe travels

When I got here, they said they didn't have the key for my room. So they asked me if I would like to sleep in the couch. They said they would only have my key in the next day. I had to look for other place to sleep.

• 27th Dec 2014