Hostel Mundo Joven Cancún Reviews

Uxmal num.25, Cancun, Mexico

This is more like a youth hostel. If you want to spend a night in Cancun because your bus / flight is leaving the next day then stay there. Zona Hoteleria is by collectivo 20 mins away. Around the hostel is nothing to see. When I was there the hostel was 1st quite empty and 2nd the atmosphere was pretty anonymous. Rooms are basic and in my eyes quite cold as well. If your expectations are not too high go there. The roof top bar is probably the best thing of this place.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Indeed....... When you stay with us it was low season, we are by far the most popular Hostel in Cancun. Please come back any time¡

When we arrived past 11pm there was noone there at the reception desk. The door was open. We went all the way up to the roof top and the first person we saw was a naked guy running around the jacuzzy. Quite a peculiar first impression... Breakfast is nice though. Loats of fresh fruit. Great location! Friendly and helpfull staff.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Wooooow¡¡¡¡ That is definitely an impression, but.. not the one we want you to get from us. Tha night when you arrive the front desk guy was working fixing a room, we are a very safe hostel, definitely he committed a mistake and we are sorry that he wasent there to welcome you guys¡ We are sorry for the inconvenient¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

Very friendly, helpful staff. Love the rooftop terrace with the hammocks and the bar. Great location, next to the bus station.

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

This hostel was recommended to me by a fellow traveler, so I decided to check it out. It's really run down The bar on the roof is nice but most hostels have a bar somewhere. I stayed one night and that was it. There is nothing to do in the area. Only reason to stay here is if you have to catch a bus to another city, as it's one block from the major bus terminal for inter-city travel.

The first night I arrived, there was no staff member at reception to check me in. I had to waitfor another traveller to go and find them. That made me wonder about the hostel security. Also, the music from the bar was quite loud until late at night and could be heard from the rooms on floor 3. When I mentioned this to the reception, I was assured that the music would be turned off at 12pm. Aside from those minor things, I enjoyed my stay. The room was great an the staff were helpful.

It was a new building with some good facilities but it feels like more of a hotel than a friendly warm hostel. It's location and rooms for four people makes it ideal for a traveler but some of the facilities like Wifi is not working while I am there (20th Oct) and it is not acceptable for that big hostel.

I was pretty happy with this place. Stayed here on two different occasions and was always able to meet people. The rooftop is a nice place to hangout. Got cheap local street food close by and extremely close to the RDO bus station which is a big plus!

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We are glad you have fun with us¡ Cheers

Clean modern hostel with cool rooftop bar. Perfect location right near ado station and local transport. Super friendly staff that help with everything they can. Clean and great a/c in the private rooms. Great place to base yourself in Cancun and then travel to and from here, always feels like your coming home!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comments. Please, come back any time¡¡ Safe travels

Gigantic hostel but good. Like average according to me. I mean don't be afraid of staying there, it's just that I've seen much greater ones!

Thanks for your comments. Safe travels

Friendly staff good air con and good security. Basic breakfast but good bar. Not the best location but then again cancun ain't the best place to stay if staying in a hostel, seems as though all the beach access is available for the hotels only.

Thanks for your comments. Come back any time¡ Cheers.

The bathroom was dirty, we were placed in a 12 bed dorm instead of 10 and the hostel just felt very tired and industrial

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. We clean the toilets twice a day, it maight be difficult ot keep it cleand in a 12 bed dorm, but if you guys need it, we can clean it as many as you want¡ :) NOT A PROBLEM¡ The only thing that we need its know¡ it¡¡¡ The booking that you originaly made was for this room, we can always move people to a different room if they ask. Cheers.

Very good, quite close to the bus station.

YEAAAHHH¡¡ Thanks for comments. We are glad you have fun with us. Cheers.

I had a fabulous stay there. The staff was incredible nice. They even prepared a breakfast for me when I had to check out at 3:30 am to catch a flight. Thanks again!

YEAAAAAHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for you comments, come back any time¡¡ Safe travels

Very friendly and helpful staff made the stay pleasant and enjoyable. Rooms were clean and comfortable and common area was nice. Overall had a good time here even though it was quiet season.

Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time. Safe travels

The hostel staff was very unattentive, there was a smoke alarm with a low battery signal that kept beeping in the room I mentioned to the staff and they said they are working on it, 2 nights passed and they still did not change the battery, it was difficult sleeping three that and not to mention, the room was EXTREAMELY HOT, I had paid extra for a room with A/C and it did not cool at all, it seemed to be blowing regular air, it was unbearably hot. The location of the hostel wasn't any good.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. - Im sorry you dont like our location, we are wlaking distance from the ADO bus station, a few minutes in taxi or local bus to te beach and clubs. - We care a lot about the environment, that is why we dont have the A/C on all times, BUT we leave it on during night, we are sorry theweather was to hot for you. Safe travels.

Helpful and nice staff, 2 minutes walk from the ado bus station. Good facilities but some smaller maintenence is needed.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Please come back any time¡

I would have enjoyed my stay at Joven if they knew how to use bleach! Everything there is dingy. I know hostels provide a humble environment but they need to close the place for a day and wash the stair cases and floors with BLEACH! What also needs BLEACH is the sheets and towels. Also the stupid policy that a towel only comes with a semi private or private room is not good customer service. I stayed in semi private the first night.On my move to dorm I couldnt get a nother DINGY towel. BOO!

We are sorry you didnt enjoy your staying. Thanks for your comments they help us to improve our work. We are going more puntual with the things you mention, however its important that you know that we car a lot ofr are cleaning, we clean the stairs twice a day... Thanks.

Decent hostel, the roof top bar was a cool place to chill or pre game before heading out. Its location was excellent for what we were after, the main ADO bus terminal is just around the corner and taxi's to the cancun strip aren't too bad price wise

Thanks for your comments. Come back any time¡ Safe Travels

i realy liked the terrace with hamocks a bar and a jacuzzi(-: computer with internet for free and a simple but nice breakfast...

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for you comments. come back any time... Safe travels

hostel munde joven is a very good hostel! staff is friendly and helpful and its located directly in the city center of cancun (but quite a long way to the beach). the rooftop terrace is awesome and the breakfast that is included as well. but the city of cancun is not really a place to stay for longer than two nights i think, there is not really anything to see...

Thanks for your comments