Hostel Mundo Joven Cancún Reviews

Uxmal num.25, Cancun, Mexico

The hostel staff was very unattentive, there was a smoke alarm with a low battery signal that kept beeping in the room I mentioned to the staff and they said they are working on it, 2 nights passed and they still did not change the battery, it was difficult sleeping three that and not to mention, the room was EXTREAMELY HOT, I had paid extra for a room with A/C and it did not cool at all, it seemed to be blowing regular air, it was unbearably hot. The location of the hostel wasn't any good.

Helpful and nice staff, 2 minutes walk from the ado bus station. Good facilities but some smaller maintenence is needed.

I would have enjoyed my stay at Joven if they knew how to use bleach! Everything there is dingy. I know hostels provide a humble environment but they need to close the place for a day and wash the stair cases and floors with BLEACH! What also needs BLEACH is the sheets and towels. Also the stupid policy that a towel only comes with a semi private or private room is not good customer service. I stayed in semi private the first night.On my move to dorm I couldnt get a nother DINGY towel. BOO!

Decent hostel, the roof top bar was a cool place to chill or pre game before heading out. Its location was excellent for what we were after, the main ADO bus terminal is just around the corner and taxi's to the cancun strip aren't too bad price wise

i realy liked the terrace with hamocks a bar and a jacuzzi(-: computer with internet for free and a simple but nice breakfast...

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for you comments. come back any time... Safe travels

hostel munde joven is a very good hostel! staff is friendly and helpful and its located directly in the city center of cancun (but quite a long way to the beach). the rooftop terrace is awesome and the breakfast that is included as well. but the city of cancun is not really a place to stay for longer than two nights i think, there is not really anything to see...

Thanks for your comments

Stayed in both a dorm and a private; the private was better than the dorm. Not keen on having bathrooms within the dorms themselves, but good breakfast and very nice rooftop terrace, though quieter than expected at night.

Thanks for your comments, they helps us to get better. Safe travels

Breakfast and Kitchen at this hostel were both FANTASTIC! They made the stay at the hostel very warm. Roof top jacuzzi sounds attractive, but the heat makes the jacuzzi unthinkable. Transportation advice from front desk staff is questionable. My better judgement to take an ADO bus to Playa Del Carmen (PDC) and from PDC, take a taxi saved me 550 pesos. The front desk staff advised against the bus & encouraged an 800 pesos taxi to go directly from the hostel to my Riviera Maya hotel.

Thanks for your comments. And thanks for shearing this TIP, we try to give the best answers and solutions to all our guest, sometimes they change prices and we dont know it yet. Cheers.

The staff were great! perfect location for us because we just needed somewhere to stay the night near the bus station, good vibes upstairs and a pretty good stay over all.

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for a great stay and the great and pragmatic support. Excellent for a big hostel.

Thanks for your comments. We are glad that you have fun with us.

Centrally located beside the bus station. Dorms are spacious with bathrooms ensuite. Air con is not turned on until 8pm. The included breakfast is nothing special. There's a kitchen but it's not great.

Thanks for your comments. Safe travels

Pros: Great atmosphere, the common areas are really good, I liked the big lockers with AC power plugs inside so you can leave your electronic devices charging securely inside them, staff was kind and helpful. Cons: Not the best location in Cancun (far from main bars and clubs or beaches), it doesn´t have air conditioning (it has small fans for every bed though).

Thanks for your comments. We actually have AC dorms and Fan dorms. The difference between them is 20 pesos. Cheers.

Was ok.. Vey nicerooftop and close to the bus station;)

Thanks for your comments. Safe travels

Well located, next to ADO bus station. Neighborhood is ok. Clim at night only. Good value or the price.

thanks for your comments. please come back any time. safe travels

When we arrived, there were several guests waiting for the staff person to return, who had left a note saying he would be back in 10 minutes. He took longer but was friendly and helpful once he returned. The whole building was very well organized and clean. We stayed in a room with A/C and it was wonderfully chilled. The people were friendly and fun, the rooftop bar was a great gathering place, but be aware that they don't allow guests to drink their own alcohol while the bar is open.

• 10th Jul 2014

Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time. Cheers

They have lockers, the hot tub on top was pretty cool. The internet didn't work well in my bunk.. but did on the roof. You wash your own dishes after breakfast which is fine.. but it was just tang and cheap bread basically. Nothing spectacular but nothing wrong with it! I really didn't stay in Cancun more than a day, it is right next to the bus station that takes you to play del carmen and the airport and that was convenient.

I will be there on my next vacations... Excelent.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Yeahhh¡¡ Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time.

The good: It is great because it is right next to bus station. It has an excellent roof to chill which is really nice! Also I like that the girls dorm has the bathroom inside the room for privacy. The girl at desk was very nice. The bad: My locker smelled like a bunch of dirty hippies. Now my bag smells like dirty hippies. The sheets are brown stained. The dorm is pretty packed. All in all, it did the job I needed for a place to sleep to get on the bus and get out of cancun easily.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better

I barely stayed at the hostel. The rooftop area is really cool. The night staff were cool. Didn't like the location, but I think its hard to get a beach hostel in Cancun. Would recommend it, but I would rather stay in Playa closer to the beach.

thanks for your comments. safe travels. Cheers

Good breakfast and a really nice rooftop bar made it easy to meet other travellers. Nice atmosphere.

Thanks for your comments. Come back any time. Cheers