Hostel Mundo Joven Cancún Reviews

Uxmal num.25, Cancun, Mexico

Clean modern hostel with cool rooftop bar. Perfect location right near ado station and local transport. Super friendly staff that help with everything they can. Clean and great a/c in the private rooms. Great place to base yourself in Cancun and then travel to and from here, always feels like your coming home!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comments. Please, come back any time¡¡ Safe travels

Gigantic hostel but good. Like average according to me. I mean don't be afraid of staying there, it's just that I've seen much greater ones!

Thanks for your comments. Safe travels

Friendly staff good air con and good security. Basic breakfast but good bar. Not the best location but then again cancun ain't the best place to stay if staying in a hostel, seems as though all the beach access is available for the hotels only.

Thanks for your comments. Come back any time¡ Cheers.

The bathroom was dirty, we were placed in a 12 bed dorm instead of 10 and the hostel just felt very tired and industrial

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. We clean the toilets twice a day, it maight be difficult ot keep it cleand in a 12 bed dorm, but if you guys need it, we can clean it as many as you want¡ :) NOT A PROBLEM¡ The only thing that we need its know¡ it¡¡¡ The booking that you originaly made was for this room, we can always move people to a different room if they ask. Cheers.

Very good, quite close to the bus station.

YEAAAHHH¡¡ Thanks for comments. We are glad you have fun with us. Cheers.

I had a fabulous stay there. The staff was incredible nice. They even prepared a breakfast for me when I had to check out at 3:30 am to catch a flight. Thanks again!

YEAAAAAHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for you comments, come back any time¡¡ Safe travels

Very friendly and helpful staff made the stay pleasant and enjoyable. Rooms were clean and comfortable and common area was nice. Overall had a good time here even though it was quiet season.

Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time. Safe travels

The hostel staff was very unattentive, there was a smoke alarm with a low battery signal that kept beeping in the room I mentioned to the staff and they said they are working on it, 2 nights passed and they still did not change the battery, it was difficult sleeping three that and not to mention, the room was EXTREAMELY HOT, I had paid extra for a room with A/C and it did not cool at all, it seemed to be blowing regular air, it was unbearably hot. The location of the hostel wasn't any good.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. - Im sorry you dont like our location, we are wlaking distance from the ADO bus station, a few minutes in taxi or local bus to te beach and clubs. - We care a lot about the environment, that is why we dont have the A/C on all times, BUT we leave it on during night, we are sorry theweather was to hot for you. Safe travels.

Helpful and nice staff, 2 minutes walk from the ado bus station. Good facilities but some smaller maintenence is needed.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Please come back any time¡

I would have enjoyed my stay at Joven if they knew how to use bleach! Everything there is dingy. I know hostels provide a humble environment but they need to close the place for a day and wash the stair cases and floors with BLEACH! What also needs BLEACH is the sheets and towels. Also the stupid policy that a towel only comes with a semi private or private room is not good customer service. I stayed in semi private the first night.On my move to dorm I couldnt get a nother DINGY towel. BOO!

We are sorry you didnt enjoy your staying. Thanks for your comments they help us to improve our work. We are going more puntual with the things you mention, however its important that you know that we car a lot ofr are cleaning, we clean the stairs twice a day... Thanks.

Decent hostel, the roof top bar was a cool place to chill or pre game before heading out. Its location was excellent for what we were after, the main ADO bus terminal is just around the corner and taxi's to the cancun strip aren't too bad price wise

Thanks for your comments. Come back any time¡ Safe Travels

i realy liked the terrace with hamocks a bar and a jacuzzi(-: computer with internet for free and a simple but nice breakfast...

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for you comments. come back any time... Safe travels

hostel munde joven is a very good hostel! staff is friendly and helpful and its located directly in the city center of cancun (but quite a long way to the beach). the rooftop terrace is awesome and the breakfast that is included as well. but the city of cancun is not really a place to stay for longer than two nights i think, there is not really anything to see...

Thanks for your comments

Stayed in both a dorm and a private; the private was better than the dorm. Not keen on having bathrooms within the dorms themselves, but good breakfast and very nice rooftop terrace, though quieter than expected at night.

Thanks for your comments, they helps us to get better. Safe travels

Breakfast and Kitchen at this hostel were both FANTASTIC! They made the stay at the hostel very warm. Roof top jacuzzi sounds attractive, but the heat makes the jacuzzi unthinkable. Transportation advice from front desk staff is questionable. My better judgement to take an ADO bus to Playa Del Carmen (PDC) and from PDC, take a taxi saved me 550 pesos. The front desk staff advised against the bus & encouraged an 800 pesos taxi to go directly from the hostel to my Riviera Maya hotel.

Thanks for your comments. And thanks for shearing this TIP, we try to give the best answers and solutions to all our guest, sometimes they change prices and we dont know it yet. Cheers.

The staff were great! perfect location for us because we just needed somewhere to stay the night near the bus station, good vibes upstairs and a pretty good stay over all.

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for a great stay and the great and pragmatic support. Excellent for a big hostel.

Thanks for your comments. We are glad that you have fun with us.

Centrally located beside the bus station. Dorms are spacious with bathrooms ensuite. Air con is not turned on until 8pm. The included breakfast is nothing special. There's a kitchen but it's not great.

Thanks for your comments. Safe travels

Pros: Great atmosphere, the common areas are really good, I liked the big lockers with AC power plugs inside so you can leave your electronic devices charging securely inside them, staff was kind and helpful. Cons: Not the best location in Cancun (far from main bars and clubs or beaches), it doesn´t have air conditioning (it has small fans for every bed though).

Thanks for your comments. We actually have AC dorms and Fan dorms. The difference between them is 20 pesos. Cheers.

Was ok.. Vey nicerooftop and close to the bus station;)