Hostel Mundo Joven Cancún Reviews

Uxmal num.25, Cancun, Mexico

I enjoyed my stay, the staff are friendly and helpful. I was made to feel very welcome and am returning prior to leaving Mexico. The ADO bus service is excellent particularly from the airport. Almost door to door service as this hostel is two hundred yards or less, from the bus station plus a 7/11. Is opposite where one can buy a snack or more to re vitalise one after a long long haul flight.

Thanks for your comments¡ Please come back any time¡ Safe travels¡ Cheers

Not by far as good as the Mundo Joven in Mexico city. The rooftop is cool, but the rooms and the facilities are very basic.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We just fix some of our rooms, please come back ane try us again... We are sure you will love our changes¡ Cheers

Very nice hostel in general. Really close to the ADO bus station. Excellent roof top bar with a mini jacuzzi. Friendly and helpful staff. The dorm should be taken care of a bit more, the bed sheet and pillow cover do not have a fresh look.

Thanks for your comments¡ Safe Travels... Cheers

Hi! I stayed 7 days at the mundo joven hostel and had a great time! I met people from everywhere enhancing in that way my global vision. The bar is really good. The staff are helpful and really awesome. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone I know. I didn't want to leave but I gotta study :/ haha I got a chance to put into practice my Spanish as well as English. I think you guys need a few improvements related to cleaning but in general I loved the hostel! Thank you!

• 7th Mar 2015

Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us, please come back any time¡ cheers

Good location just a short walk away from the bus station. But need to get a bus to the beach. Large dorms and could hear the music from the rooftop bar until 1am. However the rooftop was a cool communal place to hang out, also during the day. There are hammocks and a hot tub! Good hostel if you are in transit for a short time and want to be near the bus station.

Thanks for your comments¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

I think it was kinda dirty there, and the shower was really bad. The rooftop area was very nice and the staff was also nice. They advertised for free water, but that wasn't there.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Norway

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We clean all our room every day and toilets twice a day, we are sorry you didnt find it clean enought but sometimes guest firget that they share the facilities. We can clean as many times as you need, just need to know¡ next time let us know in our front desk. We have free water ate the kitchen, every day¡ (you must miss it) Cheers

The rooftop was the place to be.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Sabby316

Thanks for your comments¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

The wifi at my room didn't work, but it worked at the terrace. I expected something cleaner.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Spain

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We clean all our rooms one´s a day ... Toilets twice a day... Comunity areas twice a day... We are sorry you didnt find us clean enought, but i can assure you, we care a lot about our cleaninmg methods and results. Thanks¡

A decent standard large urban hostel for a night or two w/ buses going in all directions, right next to bus station.

Thnaks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡

I have stayed here twice now; the first time was in February 2011 and the second time was February 2015. Both times I stayed here due to the hostel's location. It is a 2 minute walk away from the Cancun ADO bus station, making it an ideal place to stay if you have a late arrival or early departure. Bathrooms need some attention, showerhead didn't work and towels were stained.

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

We booked the deluxe room online and it said that breakfast is included. The breakfast was toast, butter, jam, some cerials, yoghurt, milk and very few fruit. There was a shared kitchen with a sign that you have to wash your dished after cooking which is commin and ok. But it's not ok that you have to wash your breakfast dishes as one of the staff members asked us to do. I never had to do this before when breakfast was included. The whirlpool in the room was too dirty to use.

• 14th Feb 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We apologize if you experience some problem with our way working, but in many hostels you are ask to wash your own dishes.... We share everything spaces such as the kitchen, in some cases dorms, and of course dishes its just a matter of helping the next one to have the facilities clean¡ Cheers

Nice Guy in the reception

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Thanks for the comment. Have a very good flight amigo !

Hostel is decent and clean if uninteresting. Included breakfast good value for money, but shower in large dorm (103) barely works. C'mon guys; call the plumber!

Thank you so much for the note.We'll check it out right away ! and hope you come back soon ! Safe travels

This hostel is located in central area of Cancun, near the bus station. So you can get a bus to Chichen Itza or to beaches very quickly. The room is very comfortable with cable tv and air-conditioning. The breakfast is simple but good. Wifi is also good. The only bad thing was the shower of our room that wasnt working and you have to press the button every 20 seconds to get water, different of other rooms. So get off of 305 room. It was good except to have to take a bath in my friend´s room.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We care a lot about our environment that is the reasson for the timing button on the shower, (safe the water, safe the planet). Please come back any time¡ Cheers¡

The hostel feels like it has deteriorated in the last year, the first morning we stayed, the breakfast was being cleared before 9:30 even though there were still guests coming up before the 9:30 cut off, the breakfast options were dismal, the service has declined substantially, the door to our private room was not secure, felt very flimsy.

Thank you very much for the feedback. To find out our weak points will definitely help us to improve our service quality. We'll check again our procedures during breakfast in order to correct what we are doing wrong to offer the best breakfast in town. About your room you can feel tottaly safe since nobody has access to your room and your privacy is one of our top-priorities. We would like you to come back and try us a third time to change your perspective.Have a very good flight ! Cheers

Very greay hostel but very far from the beach, cannot walk, need a bus. I only stayed for a night but the place was awesome, the terrace is great, its not boring at all and people were great! Only thing is its in cancun and i wasnt very amazed by that town, rained the day i was there so couldnt get to the beach, which makes it boring. Its a luck the hostel had a tv, a jaccuzi and a foosball table.

Thank you very much for your words. We really appreciate them. We are glad to know you had fun at the Hostel and will be waiting for you on your return. Save travels !

Great stay! I got to store my bag for free for a week while I headed elsewhere which was great. The only thing I would do would be to add name tags to stored bags just for customers own piece of mind so they know someone else cant come and pick up their bag. Otherwise great!

• 18th Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Come back any time¡ cheers

Nice hostel very close to downtown ADO bus station I had a early flight back to the USA..

Thank you so much for giving us the chance to host you in Cancún. We hope you come back soon and spend some more nights at the Hostel. Happy travels,

Spacious room which I liked..... In dorm room, 2 toilets 1 shower room. Staffs are not very helpful. Seems like they are lack of information about Cancun. No common room to sit.. just rooftop terrace... No atmosphere due to staffs.

We're very sorry to get such a comment but We'd really like you to give us a second chance in order to change your perspective on us and create a great atmosphere together. Happy travels !

Nice, clean if somewhat bleak place. Excellent location just three minutes' walk from the main bus station. Decent breakfast included and vibrant rooftop bar at night. Well worth the price.

Thanks for your words amigo. Have a good trip ! Cheers !

« first « Prev 1 2 3