Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Dope ass rooftop bar

Stayed one night. Nice hostel, good location in terms of sightseeing, you're right in the historic center. I felt very safe staying here. But incredibly noisy! Was woken up by the cathedral bells, people walking around the hostel - the walls are thin, and floorboards noisy, constant traffic noise etc. Good free breakfast, had a big locker I could lock all my stuff in, clean sheets, staff friendly and helpful, they let me store my bags after check out while I went sightseeing. Overall not bad.

Great localization and staff, complete breakfast e a stunning view at the terrace bar. Close to the subway station and markets. Our room wasn't the most clean that I've been and it was a little bit dark. But, besides that, the common areas are really good and the bar is cheerful, where we've made a lot of friends. I recommend

Great place, but problems with WIFI. Why does mexico city have such terrible WIFI?

Great hostel right in the middle of the historic centre, close to the subway and zocalo :) the rooms are decent sized, light filled and with good showers. Breakfast is excellent and the bar on the roof top is great for socialising and making friends.

The toilet on my floor had an overflowing rubbish bin and empty soap dispenser for the two days I was there. These kinds of things don't bother me too much but its a pretty basic things to expect to be kept up with. On the plus side, the hostel was nice and quiet at night, comfy beds, and an amazing breakfast included. That was the best part

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Wales

The WiFi loses signal often. Also, it is kind of noisy if the bar remains open. I was there on a Friday so perhaps it is not that way always. Everything else was great.

This is one of the best located hostels I've ever been, you are in front of the Zocalo, Goverment Palace and the Catedral. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable and there was many activities to get to know people in the hostel. Breakfast was good but nothing special and I didn't like the small bathroom that my six people room share with another six people room.

Please, improve your wi-fi. (Thanks)

Its worth the value, its not their fault if people are noisy, United states peolple im talking to you, why be so loud, its not cancun.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Costa Rica

A simple room but a great hostel. Wish Weer had more time here to take advantage of the activities!

• 20th Jan 2016

Excellent hostel. Good mix of facilities and socialnes of big hostel with relaxed feel of small hostel. Good wifi, many clean bathrooms, incredible location right on the zócalo/main square, good security and friendly staff. Fantastic rooftop bar you can order drinks at or just bring your own up to. It was hard to tear myself away, one of the best organised hostels ivd stayed at.

Thanks for your comments! It was a pleasure having you here!come back soon!!

I had previously stated at this hostel and really enjoyed it. Upon arriving during my most recent trip, the staff did not have two beds for the reservation I had made for two people, so we sadly had to walk around until we found another hostel. (They said they saw our reservation was for two but placed us in a 4-pack dorm that already had 3 occupants.) The staff were kind but not eager to look for a solution.

Some of the hand soaps were out in the restrooms and some of the water fountains weren't working. This hostel is wonderful with their breakfast and rooftop bar. They definitely set the scene fo a social atmosphere and the location is wonderful.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡

The hostel is in a lovely building, with rooms organized around an inner courtyard that allows all floors to take advantage of the excellent year-round temperatures. And, at 1 am, you can hear faint chants of "Drink, drink, drink" set to Queen reverberating down this courtyard from the rooftop bar. That bar, by the way? It has last call at 2. Quiet hours are at 11. I don't mean to hate. Hostel Mundo Joven is right in the Zócalo. And so if you stay here, do so for the location. Or the party.

• 15th Jan 2016

Very good hostel. I didn´t like that the bar closed at 23:30 although the promoted it opens until 1am. The same with the free walking tour : promoted but there was no walking tour. Anyway I recommend the hostel!

A little loud at night due to our room facing the central patio. All is all I would recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel has an amazing location and is right in the heart of Mexico City and only a short walk to a metro station. The free walking tours that the hostel does are great! We met a few people on one of these tours and travelled with them! The breakfast is pretty good but you have to get there early to take full advantage of it. We had a private room that was very small but had a large bathroom. The hostel is quite loud, even past the quiet hours, and the nose carries throughout the hostel.

• 11th Jan 2016

Very noisy!

Thanks for your comment. We strongly apologize about the noise, we try to keep it down after 10pm, as you know we have signs in every floor. "please keep it down after 10 pm" (But sometimes its difficult for some guest) :) Safe travels.

This hostel overrates itself. It's good but not as good as it seems to think it is. I liked my dorm room which had a view of the cathedral and it's own toilet/shower (only seemed to have hot water in the morning though) Most staff were friendly enough and location was good. Breakfast was fine though sometimes you had to queue for it. Overall it was what you expect from a hostel and probably similar to many others in the city. The danger of over-hyping yourself is your only going to be a letdown.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6