Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral

Fabulous 2368 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2368 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Great location and amazing staff! They were all very friendly and willing to help. The roof top bartender (didn't get his name :/ ) was my favorite and he made the best drinks. Overall I recommend this place and I will definitely stay here again when I visit Mexico City! Asta luego!

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Jun 2017
7.4

Overall enjoyable experience with amazing views over the square. Rooftop bar really nice but pricey. Rooms very hot and stuffy. Phantom shaggers in the bed above me. I broke my ankle and they organised a doctor for me! A weird man walked into our room one night (obviously had the wrong one)

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
6.6

The rooftop bar is amazing, the rooms are the bare minimum. Would go back to hang out at the rooftop bar. Location is great.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

Excellent atmosphere, I arrived later than I expected to arrive and they received me very well, they gave all of my indications, the attention was very good, they even have security guards, I feel very safe.

Hello Nubia, we are so pleased to read you felt that way at the hostel. We love to have easygoing people and enjoy together. Hope you come back soon!

• sandriii578
  • Peru, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

I stayed at a private room for two. It was really good, the toilet, shower, mirror and sink were separate so you could use both at the same time with was awesome since we were 2 girls getting ready. Theres a rooftop bar and you can hear the music but it's got this roof that separates that part with muffles the sound A LOT. I'm a light sleeper and I slept well. The only thing that was i didn't like was the lack of outlets! There were 2 and only 1 worked! That made things kinda complicated!

2nd Jun 2017

I love it here. -very safe. They have a security guard at the door at all times, you have to have a card to get in. -location is amazing you are a few blocks away from the nightlife. I walked around alone with no problems, police at every corner -the roof bar is pretty cool and it has a great view -a taxi company lines up right outside! Cost me about 90 pesos to get to the airport. The staff was friendly as well and answered all my questions It can get noisy because of the layout.

Such a great stay you had at the hostel Jaime, did you? Police at downtown make it easier to walk around. Is good for tourists to feel safe. We hope you come back soon to Mexico City and have you with us again!

25th May 2017

Not the place to get a good night sleep but the bar is nice and the group activities are great. Plus you can't beat the location

How is it going Matt? We will keep on working to provide the best service we can. A good sleep is important but we are happy you could enjoy the roof top bar too. See you next time you're in Mexico City!

25th May 2017

I really enjoyed the stay here! All staff are friendly and helpful. It also has a really good breakfast with eggs, fruits, tortilas, toasts etc. Internet is also working everywhere not just in reception. I would highly recommend it!

Hi Elena, will you come back to stay at Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral? We bet you will because we work to make our guests happy. It would be great to have you with us again. See you!

21st May 2017
5.4

The only advantage this place has is it's great central location in the city. Besides that it's not worth staying there. Sure they boast about the rooftop bar, but it doesn't make up for the dirty and uncomfortable rooms. If they invested money into new beds and some fans instead of the bar maybe the place would be better for actual sleeping. It was a crapshoot if the showers and bathrooms were cleaned in the morning. They did have good security though. Overall I wouldn't suggest this place.

we are feeling sorry for not fulfilling your expectations. For some guests the rooftop bar worth and of course is a place we like to share with all the people. On the other hand, your comments are valuable because is the perspective of a real guest and our job is to provide a good place to stay. Bathrooms and showers are cleaned every morning and maybe it hasn't been enough. Thank you so much for reviewing, this will help us to plan a strategy to balance the interest put in the improvement of the roof top bar and the rooms, which are more concerning to us. Regards!

• metee_cpb1365
  • Thailand, Male, 31-40
21st May 2017

guest all way make noice, so difficle to sleep staff and room very good. hostel have lots of activity

How is it going Pakdee? it seems you had a good stay, did you? We would like you to stay with us again soon. Thank you so much for reviewing. See you next time!