Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Lots of activities and a great social hostel where it is easy to meet other travelers. The internet doesn't work, which also probably forces you to be more social! Rooftop bar was great!

Overall not a bad hostel, but a few things let it down. It's six stories tall and the elevator was broken the whole time. When you want a beer at the end of a long day but have to walk up six flights of stairs to get to the bar, it's not ideal. Worst Wi-Fi I've ever experienced at a hostel, but I guess that made everyone more sociable, so not entirely bad. They also hosted random local parties at the rooftop bar most nights which made everyone feel awkward going to the bar that we paid to use

I read reviews prior to booking that the wifi was terrible and they were not wrong. The wifi was virtually non-existent and numerous times it was easier just stepping out and connecting near the zocolo square to get the free public wifi since the computers were always busy. The staff at reception do not engage you but when you ask them for help they solve your issues. The Guides Denise and Andres were excellent and gave us great insider knowledge. Other than the wifi, it was a solid hostel.

This hostel has everything you could wish for: clean, good beds, nice breakfast, great view from the terrace, a good atmosphere, free walking tours by the staff....I couldn't think about any negative points

Great hostel all round

• 13th Jul 2015

+ An excellent breakfast with a beautiful view at the rooftop terasse (worth coming back for!!) + Friendly staff + Good showers + Great location - My bathroom did niether have a handle nor lock - My first night internet only worked in the lobby and on the hostel computers, then it only worked on the computers

100% recommended

The cleanliness of the bathrooms were sometimes questionable with the showers clogging up. I could hear every single step and a lot of doors slammed. Other than that great hostel with friendly people!

• 8th Jul 2015

The only things that i didn't like was the music staff played during breakfast. They should play something low key, Mexico has a lot of soft/pop artist for a good quiet morning breakfast, please no house, or reggaton in the mornings. Staff is nice. I like that they have Free walking tours and night/or evening activities. I would definitely visit again.

• 29th Jun 2015

Very central, decent set up for a hostel. The rooftop bar is nice. The staff were very helpful to me in dealing with the airline over missing luggage.

Thanks! Come back soon!

I really enjoyed my stay at Mundo Joven Hostel. The restaurant down stairs does great food, breakfast was good and the bar has such an amazing view. The atmosphere at night was great. The only problem was the internet as everyone has already stated. Although it was frustrating, there are free computers to use with internet if you need.

Thank you for your great response! We are glad you had a great time at our hostel. The whole centre of town has the same problem but we are trying to invest in a solution. And yes, true, we do have computers for you :) Come back soon!

Location is great indeed and the breakfast is good. WiFi didn't work properly, lots of connection problems. Besides that, everything was great.

Thanks so much! Wifi in this part of town is very bad. We are thinking of concentrating the wifi in one or two places to oofer a better service. Come back soon.

Always a great time at Hostel Cathedral. Friendly, helpful staff. Public transport close by...and what's not to love about a rooftop bar with free breakfast. Great hostel any time of year.

Thanks for such a great comment. That's what we work towards. Come back soon!

The staff is really nice. There is a terrace that is super cool

Great hostel but watch out for staff hustle. The attendant acted as if he were out of locks and passed me off to the security guard who just "happened to have one" for 20 pesos. Other than that, this place is totally awesome!

• 27th May 2015

Excellent location. Rooftop bar provides amazing view of the area. More hostel events would be good to promote interaction amongst guests

Hey! Thanks for your review. We'll try to add events as you say. We do have an activity on the rooftop 5 nights a week and free tours 5 days a week. Our fun guy was on holiday last week so that was a bit complicated but I'm sure you'll have fun next time you come. Come back soon!

the Attention of the Staff is very Goog, the service of the WiFi is very poor, don´t connect in any room, and in the lobby fail in any moment. The Breakfast is a little simple, only one juice for person and the same every day. But the relation Price/Value is Very Good. The Atmosphere is the Good Vacation people.

Hey! Thanks for your comment. We are sorry about the wifi. That tends to be a problem but we do have computers with cable internet available for guests for free. I'm sorry to hear the breakfast was not to your liking, we are known for having the best breakfast around with eggs, hotcakes, etc, all for free. Our natural orange juice also seems to be a plus. We'll try to mix things up a bit for the next time you come. Great travels and come back soon!

The Wifi was not usable.

• 22nd May 2015

Hey! Sorry about the wifi, seems to be a problem for all buildings in the area. We are trying to find a new solution. Hope everything else was great though! Come back soon

nice place. good staff. awosome hostel!!!!! should go!!!

• 16th May 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks! Come back soon!

I loved this place except for the poor internet access. You could only connect on the ground floor and it was slow. Other than that, I loved it!

Hey! Sorry about the internet. Seems to be a problem for all buildings in the area. We are trying to get it fixed. Come back soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4