Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

The toilet on my floor had an overflowing rubbish bin and empty soap dispenser for the two days I was there. These kinds of things don't bother me too much but its a pretty basic things to expect to be kept up with. On the plus side, the hostel was nice and quiet at night, comfy beds, and an amazing breakfast included. That was the best part

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Wales

The WiFi loses signal often. Also, it is kind of noisy if the bar remains open. I was there on a Friday so perhaps it is not that way always. Everything else was great.

Please, improve your wi-fi. (Thanks)

Its worth the value, its not their fault if people are noisy, United states peolple im talking to you, why be so loud, its not cancun.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Costa Rica

A simple room but a great hostel. Wish Weer had more time here to take advantage of the activities!

• 20th Jan 2016

Excellent hostel. Good mix of facilities and socialnes of big hostel with relaxed feel of small hostel. Good wifi, many clean bathrooms, incredible location right on the zócalo/main square, good security and friendly staff. Fantastic rooftop bar you can order drinks at or just bring your own up to. It was hard to tear myself away, one of the best organised hostels ivd stayed at.

Thanks for your comments! It was a pleasure having you here!come back soon!!

I had previously stated at this hostel and really enjoyed it. Upon arriving during my most recent trip, the staff did not have two beds for the reservation I had made for two people, so we sadly had to walk around until we found another hostel. (They said they saw our reservation was for two but placed us in a 4-pack dorm that already had 3 occupants.) The staff were kind but not eager to look for a solution.

Some of the hand soaps were out in the restrooms and some of the water fountains weren't working. This hostel is wonderful with their breakfast and rooftop bar. They definitely set the scene fo a social atmosphere and the location is wonderful.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡

The hostel is in a lovely building, with rooms organized around an inner courtyard that allows all floors to take advantage of the excellent year-round temperatures. And, at 1 am, you can hear faint chants of "Drink, drink, drink" set to Queen reverberating down this courtyard from the rooftop bar. That bar, by the way? It has last call at 2. Quiet hours are at 11. I don't mean to hate. Hostel Mundo Joven is right in the Zócalo. And so if you stay here, do so for the location. Or the party.

• 15th Jan 2016

Very good hostel. I didn´t like that the bar closed at 23:30 although the promoted it opens until 1am. The same with the free walking tour : promoted but there was no walking tour. Anyway I recommend the hostel!

A little loud at night due to our room facing the central patio. All is all I would recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel has an amazing location and is right in the heart of Mexico City and only a short walk to a metro station. The free walking tours that the hostel does are great! We met a few people on one of these tours and travelled with them! The breakfast is pretty good but you have to get there early to take full advantage of it. We had a private room that was very small but had a large bathroom. The hostel is quite loud, even past the quiet hours, and the nose carries throughout the hostel.

• 11th Jan 2016

Very noisy!

Thanks for your comment. We strongly apologize about the noise, we try to keep it down after 10pm, as you know we have signs in every floor. "please keep it down after 10 pm" (But sometimes its difficult for some guest) :) Safe travels.

This hostel overrates itself. It's good but not as good as it seems to think it is. I liked my dorm room which had a view of the cathedral and it's own toilet/shower (only seemed to have hot water in the morning though) Most staff were friendly enough and location was good. Breakfast was fine though sometimes you had to queue for it. Overall it was what you expect from a hostel and probably similar to many others in the city. The danger of over-hyping yourself is your only going to be a letdown.

Amazingly located hostel with a good breakfast. Building is huge and the 4 bed dorms were kind of smallish. Staff were helpful & had plenty of activities and advice around the city.

Intial plan was to spend two nights here and move to another place, but ended up spending a week in this hostel. The location is perfect and the staff is super awesome with their suggestions, and walking tours. The breakfast is great value for the money! The terrace is the only place to socialize, so if you drink and smoke its cool, if you don't then the hostel lacks any other common area. Some concerns : The beds in the mixed dorm were rickety,the water fountains don't work on most floors.

I had an overwhelmingly positive experience at the hostel. The 24 hr helpful/friendly staff, clean rooms/bathrooms, views of the Cathedral/Zocalo, and a washing machine were much appreciated.

Perfect location, about a 2 minute walk from the Zocalo. Great atmosphere in the hostel, the rooftop bar is a perfect way to meet fellow travellers. Top quality breakfast in the morning and generally very healthy. (Scrambled eggs were excellent). Robbie's walking tours were the best hostel activity I've taken part in Some of the drawbacks were the beds the dorm rooms. They are really shaky and have a tendency to wobble when either the person in the top bunk or bottom bunk shift or move.

It's great that now they have wifi that works.

Thanks for your comments, we try to be the best hostel in Mexico City!!! ¡¡¡ Please come back any time. Cheers¡

The hostel is in a great location, right in the middle of the historic downtown. Staff was great and there are plenty of activities organized by the hostel, plus a rooftop bar for socializing. Showers could've have used an upgrade. Overall, would recommend it for the atmosphere and location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5