Hostel Mundo Maya Reviews

Avenida Yaxchilan 82, Cancun, Mexico

I only stayed for one night but staff was very nice, beds are ok. Needs more outlets to charge devices

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Sanitaries not clean

Hostel was fine for the one night in transit, clean and basic, mattresses could be better but we slept fine. Free breakfast was basic toast and jam, cereal and coffee. Wifi worked well.

Power wasn't working on parts of floor. Facilities very old.

• 30th Jan 2015

Booked this hostel as a first stop after arriving to Mexico before heading to the rest of Central America. Stayed three nights in total and had a pleasant stay. Found the place easy enough from the ADO terminal and was showed to our room by a friendly member of staff who gave us clean towels. Found the place clean and thought the simple breakfast was really good and helps your daily budget go a little further. You wont find a better priced private room to this standard in Cancun.

• 19th Jan 2015

This hostel doesn´t have very nice atmosphere. The receptionist can't speak English. I had a problem with getting a wrong room, so they kept promising to get me a discount, especially the owner of the place. but then after trying to solve the problem which took a lot of time a different girl came (on third day of our day or so) and actually explained the problem, and apparently we got the right room. on the web site it says it´s ensuite, note that this doesn´t mean the room has its own bathroom.

They charged me TWICE just for a one night stay. I checked my bank statement and this hostel not only made me pay for the room in cash when I checked out of the hostel, but they also charged me the same fee online on my credit card. They won't give me my money back. I would highly recommend you NOT stay here. There are many other places to stay that aren't as dirty. Breakfast is a joke, and the location is poor. I didn't even have clean sheets and it's very difficult to communicate with them.

The place has no character, they were working on building some new rooms during my stay and they didn't care how loud they were, even late at night. No internet in the rooms, only in the lobby area. The owner charges 19% vat on top of your booking, which is unjustified in my opinion.

Bad experience: - Owner didn;t know about our reservation - Owner tried to charge us extra 19% even though in the web site mail it stated clearly that it's included in the 'due amount' - Bedsheets had blood, dirt and pee stains, it didn't looked or smelled washed at all. - Some facilities are non-existing (10 old books ≠ book exchange, 2 boardgames ≠ games room, a sink and a microwave ≠ kitchen, broken aircon ≠ functioning aircon ...) Upside: WIFI, free Water and cheap prices