Hostel Mundo Maya Reviews

Avenida Yaxchilan 82, Cancun, Mexico

no kitchen (only microwave) dirty bad smell no air conditioner (super hot) only fan if you want use A/C room you need to charge 100 more and change the single room(expensive) small blackfest (coffee bread milk butter jam cereal) small refrigerator(super small, not cool) Morning staff can't speak English (never) bug(night...amazing)

We spent two nights at Hostel Mundo Maya. At our first stay, we slept on top of the sheets because it was so hot. The next morning when I opened the bed, the previous guest's hairs were all over the sheets. With our second stay our room was not ready late in the afternoon. When we returned later the night they tried to make us sleep in a dorm, because there was a problem with the lock of the private room we had booked and paid for. We eventually did end up sleeping in the private room.

Average room, Good price..

• 16th Jun 2015

Didn't end up staying here but they were really gracious handling my cancelation.

Very friendly staff and close to the ADO bus terminal. Good for a short stop over/ transit in Cancun

I only stayed for one night but staff was very nice, beds are ok. Needs more outlets to charge devices

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Sanitaries not clean

Hostel was fine for the one night in transit, clean and basic, mattresses could be better but we slept fine. Free breakfast was basic toast and jam, cereal and coffee. Wifi worked well.

Power wasn't working on parts of floor. Facilities very old.

• 30th Jan 2015

Booked this hostel as a first stop after arriving to Mexico before heading to the rest of Central America. Stayed three nights in total and had a pleasant stay. Found the place easy enough from the ADO terminal and was showed to our room by a friendly member of staff who gave us clean towels. Found the place clean and thought the simple breakfast was really good and helps your daily budget go a little further. You wont find a better priced private room to this standard in Cancun.

• 19th Jan 2015

This hostel doesn´t have very nice atmosphere. The receptionist can't speak English. I had a problem with getting a wrong room, so they kept promising to get me a discount, especially the owner of the place. but then after trying to solve the problem which took a lot of time a different girl came (on third day of our day or so) and actually explained the problem, and apparently we got the right room. on the web site it says it´s ensuite, note that this doesn´t mean the room has its own bathroom.

They charged me TWICE just for a one night stay. I checked my bank statement and this hostel not only made me pay for the room in cash when I checked out of the hostel, but they also charged me the same fee online on my credit card. They won't give me my money back. I would highly recommend you NOT stay here. There are many other places to stay that aren't as dirty. Breakfast is a joke, and the location is poor. I didn't even have clean sheets and it's very difficult to communicate with them.

The place has no character, they were working on building some new rooms during my stay and they didn't care how loud they were, even late at night. No internet in the rooms, only in the lobby area. The owner charges 19% vat on top of your booking, which is unjustified in my opinion.

Bad experience: - Owner didn;t know about our reservation - Owner tried to charge us extra 19% even though in the web site mail it stated clearly that it's included in the 'due amount' - Bedsheets had blood, dirt and pee stains, it didn't looked or smelled washed at all. - Some facilities are non-existing (10 old books ≠ book exchange, 2 boardgames ≠ games room, a sink and a microwave ≠ kitchen, broken aircon ≠ functioning aircon ...) Upside: WIFI, free Water and cheap prices

The only up side was that is was close to the bus station which helped us because we had only one night there. Plus the breakfast was nice. The girl in the morning was very helpful. The facilities though where more expensive then other places we saw but not as good at all... The bed wasn't clean and towels also. We wouldn't recommend this hostel.

well.. i guess you could have a better stay in cancun but if you re just looking for a clean, ok place to sleep one night and save some money i think it's a good place. staff was nice and waited for us when we arrived late but they charged all of the room price off my credit card before our arrival instead of just the 12% as usual with hostelworld, still don't know why, and i didnt like that. other than that it was ok.

It was a shared bathroom, if I book with en-suite.

Great value for money at this hostel. Very clean, great location (near the food markets and bus stops to get to beaches). Room was very clean and staff were friendly. Nice and Simple Breakfast. One issue we had was that there is no air con. They had free water which was a massive bonus in this heat!!

Great hostel for a last minute stay in Cancun. Huge room with TV and comfy beds, little kitchen for use, free breakfast and free water. Wifi in the room and friendly helpful staff - makes all the difference. Good location for the supermarket and 5 minute walk to the main square and bus station. A relaxing stay for a night before moving on.

Everyone was extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful- it was a really warm welcome and a very nice stay.

• 22nd Jul 2014