Hostel Mundo Maya Reviews

Avenida Yaxchilan 82, Cancun, Mexico

Only stayed one night, surley receptionist made me wait till exactly 2pm to give me key to room, which had top part of wall missing. Builder with hammer started to hammer missing section in place. Broken plaster all over bed.

Hostel in Downtown, There are only two showers and two toilets for the whole hostel which wasn't always easy... The room was clean, the sheets were okay. There is an area to sit outside which is nice to meet people. Breakfast is included but it's not much, avarage I would say. Anyways, I met a lot of nice people. The staff is nice and helpful if you speak a couple of spanish words. I met many nice people so I enjoyed my stay!

No air conditionning

• 19th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

On arrival we were greeted by a Spanish receptionist, i don't speak much Spanish and she didn't speak much English, however she was very welcoming and smiley. We booked a private room with a shared bathroom. The room was basic but clean. The only issue I had was that the wall of which the door was on was made from glass. it had blinds so people couldn't really see through, but in the event of you had the lights on in the room, you could see everything from the communal area. Breakfast good

• 4th Nov 2015

i wouldn't recommend this place unless you have NO other alternative. I didn't experience anything bad but there are PLENTY of other choices. This hostel is mainly just a place to rest your head and go. Don't expect to socialize much with anyone. If you want to socialize and want a fun atmosphere....this is NOT the place nor do they pretend to be. If you are broke, can't find any other place and just need a place to crash, hit it up.

It was great place to stay for very cheap. I was in a ten bed dorm but u get what u pay for. It was hot with minimal aircon, basic breakfast, but very central to downtown and only about 20 min bus right to the beach, malls and nightlife. I had a great time while I was there and would stay again.

• 10th Oct 2015

no kitchen (only microwave) dirty bad smell no air conditioner (super hot) only fan if you want use A/C room you need to charge 100 more and change the single room(expensive) small blackfest (coffee bread milk butter jam cereal) small refrigerator(super small, not cool) Morning staff can't speak English (never) bug(night...amazing)

Unfortunately this place just had no atmosphere and was falling apart. We also paid extra to have a private room but the wall wasn't connected to the roof so it was really noisy. No AC or fans. The owners didn't speak English (not a bad thing, just unusual in Cancun). would not room end.

We spent two nights at Hostel Mundo Maya. At our first stay, we slept on top of the sheets because it was so hot. The next morning when I opened the bed, the previous guest's hairs were all over the sheets. With our second stay our room was not ready late in the afternoon. When we returned later the night they tried to make us sleep in a dorm, because there was a problem with the lock of the private room we had booked and paid for. We eventually did end up sleeping in the private room.

Average room, Good price..

• 16th Jun 2015

Didn't end up staying here but they were really gracious handling my cancelation.

Very friendly staff and close to the ADO bus terminal. Good for a short stop over/ transit in Cancun

I only stayed for one night but staff was very nice, beds are ok. Needs more outlets to charge devices

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Sanitaries not clean

Hostel was fine for the one night in transit, clean and basic, mattresses could be better but we slept fine. Free breakfast was basic toast and jam, cereal and coffee. Wifi worked well.

Power wasn't working on parts of floor. Facilities very old.

• 30th Jan 2015

Booked this hostel as a first stop after arriving to Mexico before heading to the rest of Central America. Stayed three nights in total and had a pleasant stay. Found the place easy enough from the ADO terminal and was showed to our room by a friendly member of staff who gave us clean towels. Found the place clean and thought the simple breakfast was really good and helps your daily budget go a little further. You wont find a better priced private room to this standard in Cancun.

• 19th Jan 2015

This hostel doesn´t have very nice atmosphere. The receptionist can't speak English. I had a problem with getting a wrong room, so they kept promising to get me a discount, especially the owner of the place. but then after trying to solve the problem which took a lot of time a different girl came (on third day of our day or so) and actually explained the problem, and apparently we got the right room. on the web site it says it´s ensuite, note that this doesn´t mean the room has its own bathroom.

They charged me TWICE just for a one night stay. I checked my bank statement and this hostel not only made me pay for the room in cash when I checked out of the hostel, but they also charged me the same fee online on my credit card. They won't give me my money back. I would highly recommend you NOT stay here. There are many other places to stay that aren't as dirty. Breakfast is a joke, and the location is poor. I didn't even have clean sheets and it's very difficult to communicate with them.

The place has no character, they were working on building some new rooms during my stay and they didn't care how loud they were, even late at night. No internet in the rooms, only in the lobby area. The owner charges 19% vat on top of your booking, which is unjustified in my opinion.