Hostel Mundo Reviews

596 Tenbin-Tyo Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I always like to stay in smaller hostels, and this one as well has a friendly vibe. Facilities are good enough, location is a bit off, but most sights in Kyoto are not in the centre anyway so doesn't matter much. Nice staff. I didn't understand why the beds didn't have sheets though.

Liked chatting on personal level with staff & their helpfulness

PROS - Cheap bike rentals - Comfy beds - Free coffee and tea - Nice staff - Close to certain temples - Original housing CONS - Not in a very lively part of town - Not close to the subway - Very thin walls

Wow. What a nice lady at night. I want to put her in my Fjallraven bag from Andrea and keep her forever. Free towel, chocolate, and Nutella. I said "yikes"! Then I woke up. In the morning. And. A dungeon. Is that where this new lady learned her manners? I was sick and she was performing Stomp (theatrical show) at night. It was so loud. Fortunately, I don't have to see her again. But wait, she's just like my dad. "Don't do that in the kitchen", "don't leave that there", "clean up". Geez.

Stayed for 2 nights here. You made great use out of a very small place. Cleanliness was good and very cosy during winter. Thanks for the stay. I'd suggest stronger lighting in the bathroom. It can be a bit dim.