Hostel Mundo Reviews

596 Tenbin-Tyo Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Wow. What a nice lady at night. I want to put her in my Fjallraven bag from Andrea and keep her forever. Free towel, chocolate, and Nutella. I said "yikes"! Then I woke up. In the morning. And. A dungeon. Is that where this new lady learned her manners? I was sick and she was performing Stomp (theatrical show) at night. It was so loud. Fortunately, I don't have to see her again. But wait, she's just like my dad. "Don't do that in the kitchen", "don't leave that there", "clean up". Geez.

Stayed for 2 nights here. You made great use out of a very small place. Cleanliness was good and very cosy during winter. Thanks for the stay. I'd suggest stronger lighting in the bathroom. It can be a bit dim.

We really enjoyed our stay and I love Kyoto so will definitely be back! Thank you to Midori and all the team who were lovely and helpful and friendly. Also rate Bar Otro Mundo, Comeo is such a gent, thanks for making a great holiday even better :)

• 29th Oct 2014

No problems with the staff or any of the guests. I stayed in one of the dorms and they provide individual lockers to put valuables in. The bathrooms are kind of narrow and the house is overall pretty old, but it's not bad for the price you're paying. Also, if you take the bus, it's not far from the stop, but the subway is quite a walk from the hostel.

I don't think I've ever stayed at a hostel where I actually felt like home. It was only four days, I wished I could have stayed longer. The hostel itself is Japanese style. It's so easy to go from the airport/train station to the hostel. It was very clean, the staff were amazing especially the owner!!! A sweetheart! If I ever go back to Japan I will def go to Kyoto and stay there again!