Hostel Nanina Reviews

Breslauer Str. 34, Groebenzell, Munich, Germany

The location is pretty bad. Its 30 out of the city by buss then 10 min walk to get to the hostel (which probs wouldnt be so bad in the summer, but I went in the bitterly cold winter). I stayed in the 10 person dorm. It was spacious + clean. There was a bathroom in the room so that was nice. The hostel DOES NOT PROVIDE SHEETS. So bring your own or you can rent some for 2.50.

Checking closes at 9 pm. We have been charged an extra EUR 5 for the extra blankets. Which we actually did not needed because the bed was clean changed. The announced breakfast consisted of one plastic pack of the toast bread. In one word, wooooounderfool. bread.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

Bad location, 4h open reception and really bad service; The owner is all but nice and defenitely not professionnal. You'd better avoid this place. I arrived by car and seriously thought to sleep inside the car by a winter night would be better.

it was the worst hostel in all my travels.,

Staff have no clue of what's going on, checked in to a ten bed dorm for two of us with only one bed available so he sat me on someone else's bed and when he showed up I had to go find reception who claimed it was 'impossible' for this too happen. It is 20 mins by train to the actual city and there is absolutely nothing around this hostel...Id try somewhere where the security code isn't a grade one code to get in.

Great place, great people, had great time. Thanks for explaining the public transport you saved me loads although the savings were quickly spent at Oktoberfest.

• 2nd Oct 2014

The room was probabaly meant for only 6 people, but the hostel decided to put two additional beds in the room, so there was NO space for any suitcases.The bathroom smelled of mould. People were still checking in at 2am in the night and weren't welcomed by staff, but merely found an enveleope with keys at the door; which i would NOT call secure. The hostel was about half an hour from the city center, but public transportation was good. Very bad for that high price! Never again!

We were only here for 2 nights for October Fest, but the 10 bed room was surprisingly spacious. A little bit outside of Munich but it's a really peaceful neighbor hood. facilities were really nice and staff were kind and helpful. A bit of a ride to the city center but other than that, great!

Was happy with the hostel, but the price was inflated due to Octoberfest - €50 to share a single full room full with 8 bunk beds is a bit much IMHO, but probably normal for the time we went. I would definitely stay there again as was perfect for our needs.

Very good hostel, good staff, clean, safe and helpful.

Great palatial place. Pricey, but the price is justified by free bread and milk access 24/7, great kitchen facilities, shower and toilet ensuite, lockers (bring own lock), and just a nice aesthetic. The staff were nice to me, and understanding. The location is way out of the way though. Not close to anything, so you have to take the overground train a long while to even get to the city. The main problem was the price. I would only do one night max for a quiet chill night in luxury.

It was a really worse hostel than I had never been...

• 22nd Sep 2014

We had a reservation for 2 in a mixed dorm for 8 people. Upon our arrival, the receptionist offered us a double room as there were spare double rooms during our stay. We were sure very delighted and had a very pleasant stay at the cosy & clean hostel.

Weird staff, terrible location (20 min from Hackerbrücke, and if you lose a train, you may need to wait almost 40 minutes), 5 euro tickets to get there, and still quite far from the station. They also charged me 50 euros in advance, which I got back at the check out, after proving that I didn't mess up the room, because of the OktoberFest.

Despite numerous other people leaving comments and complaints, hostel Narnia still hasn't addressed it's wi-fi issues. No access in the rooms, it was only available in a hallway with one chair. There were only four lockers available for a room of ten people, which is inadequate. I knew this was going to be a waste of money thanks to the Ockoberfest, but this place barely covers the basics.

Very bad Wi-Fi, despite the fact that it is very important