Hostel Nanina Reviews

Breslauer Str. 34, Groebenzell, Munich, Germany

The Hostel was nice and clean. The staff was not there a lot of the time. Wifi could not reach the room.

So so far out of Munich it's not even in Munich. Horrible directions. My friend and I had to sleep on separate bunks because everyone took the bottom one.

When you stay here you get access to a kitchen, which is shared by the entire hostel and there wasn't any space in the fridge. You have to pay for linon and buy a lock if you want to use the security locker located in the room. Problem is, that the don't work, and the security locker therefor serve no meaning as they CAN be opened with or without a lock. The rooms were overall clean but the bathroom smell like a sewer witch made it uncomfortable to stay in the room even with a closed door.

A long long way from Münich city center. Bed sheets were not included, bathrooms were quite poor. Overall atmosphere wasn't very good.

Reception wasn't a valuable till 5 unless you ring a bell and no one comes. The lady that checked us in didn't give much information and she had a baby in her hands the whole time. The bathrooms have no soap or hand towels ever. The cleaning lady that came to our room just folded the comforter up and out it back on the bed even for the beds where the people checked out, that's disgusting! If someone smoked a cigarette anywhere near the building the whole place stunk.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was equipped with a very pleasant + cordial receptionist. The location is a bit out of the way, but the area (Grobenzell) is a peaceful + friendly town. If you are looking for a relaxed, quiet and relatively cheap place to stay, then Nanina is suitable. However, they could offer more in the way of social activities as it was quite difficult to meet many others outside of those in the same room. Also, a few key points: some toilets don't have locks and the front door is always open.

• 25th Jun 2015

had to stay here bc all the other cheaper options were taken. reception is open 5-9pm if you're lucky, they arrived late and closed early. my sister didn't receive sheets. longish walk to the nearest station, and then a longer ride to the city center. six girls shared a single bathroom that had the only shower and toilet. never saw anyone that wasn't the young girl who checked us in.

The location was rather poor, but the room was nice. Especially the bathroom was nice. It's a con how limited the repection opening times are.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Finland

I had a nice stay. The location is annoyingly far outside the city, and the cost of my transportation ticket to get to the location made it just as expensive as some of the more costly hostels in the city center would have been. The staff was super helpful with printing my boarding pass for my flight the next day.

Well what''s to say about a 10 bed dorm? You would expect nothing. But in this case it's different. Clean room, good matress, nice shower. Best dorm experience i've ever had i think.

• 5th Jun 2015

It was a quiet hostel, great if you want to get a good nights sleep. The bathroom had no soap to wash hands or towel to dry them. It's a pain how the reception only opens at 5pm. The hostel is quite a way out of town.

I never had any contact with the staff at the reception. I received no map. Eventhough, they did helped me 'cause I was not able to arrive on time for the check-in. Very comfortable rooms and bathrooms, they were very clean. I hope they would have breakfast included, maybe.

• 28th May 2015
  • Peru

We have been in the hostel on the beginning of May. We had a 4 room shared with other two girls., there was a bathroom in the room and a locker where we could put our bag. really great! The Hostel give the opportunity to cook in a well furnished kitchen . The position is a bit far from the center but is well connected with s-bahn. So a fantastic spot in Munich where to stay and visit the city with a good price.

• 3rd May 2015

Not a good location -it is a fast ten minute walk from the nearest S bahn station, which doesn't sound too bad but the hostel itself is kind of in the middle of nowhere - I wouldn't want to be doing that walk alone at night, it was bad enough in the pouring rain. The fact that you can't check in until 5pm is a hassle - when I turned up at 4 there was no one in sight and nowhere to use a toilet/ put a bag. Toilet paper ran out quickly, bathroom not that clean.

• 1st May 2015

The location is pretty bad. Its 30 out of the city by buss then 10 min walk to get to the hostel (which probs wouldnt be so bad in the summer, but I went in the bitterly cold winter). I stayed in the 10 person dorm. It was spacious + clean. There was a bathroom in the room so that was nice. The hostel DOES NOT PROVIDE SHEETS. So bring your own or you can rent some for 2.50.