Hostel New Ipanema Reviews

Rua: Bar�o da Torre, 175 casa 1, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Not the hostel feeling, bad condition and unfriendly staff. We decided to leave. Except of perfect location I would not recommend booking it.

• 7th Nov 2014

perfect location, excelent security and good environment. Also, you can leave your room without being worried about your stuff into the the bedroom. Two times times and noone stole something from me.

We stayed in a double room for two nights. The downstairs seems to be occupied by old Brazillian men watching the football! Reception is a man on a seat with a stack of paper and a money box (when he was there). Was slightly concerned about security but we had no problems. Wifi was very good (2 different routers available) and we had a fridge, a hammock and a balcony ... Which for backpackers is definitely a luxury. I'd opt for the Ocean Beach Hostel (opposite ) but this is also good.

I WS THERE LAST WEEK. PERFECT LOCATION FOR GAYS!

Nice staff and well located if you're interest in being close to the beautiful ipanema beach.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

good place to stay..apart from poor noise isolation..staff is friendly and doesn't bother the resident too much...overall it was worth staying...

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Good Location and freindly staff. Very near to the Ipanema beach just 2 blocks and was quite clean and good to stay. However we got non lockable doors (6 freinds were in the same room still we couldn't lock it) The WiFi does not reach the 2nd floor rooms.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • India

Bit concerning how easy it is for people to easily walk in the hostel without much presence from a receptionist or someone working at the hostel. No lockers in rooms, location was excellent however and good value but wouldn't stay for more that a night or two for ease of mind.

Great location but incredibly overpriced

Excelente lugar buena onda por parte de staffing y la comida muy buena!

Everything was very good!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Stayed here during the world cup, which i imaghine was the cause for the high prices and not particularly good value for money. Stayed in the double private room, with a surprise balcony.room was a good size with a useful fridge and the room and bathrooms were clean. Location was good,very close to Ipanema beach, however the surrounding restaurants were not budget friendly. Would happily recommend hostel new Ipanema.

Good location. The place is small but is near to the main streets in Ipanema. Good hostel if you want to stay in Ipanema but pay a lower price.

Great location! Hostel itself is certainly a good place to stay, nothing really stands out about it, but it certainly did the job for my world cup stay!

The only good thing about this hostel was the location in the centre of Ipanema. When I arrived there was no one there to check me in and I was waiting around for ages before I finally asked the hostel next door if they knew who worked here and they managed to find the receptionist for me. Tiny kitchen, no atmosphere and low ceilings in the rooms so if you're on the top bunk you keep hitting your head. No breakfast either.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels