Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

Rooms were good and the manager was nice. However the remainder of the staff had no urge whatsoever to help you or even talk back to you when you asked a question. Over all - rooms are good value for money and reccomend to people who don't need directions, help or any form of service from the staff.

An unsafe dump with a highly intimidating manager. Not as advertised in any way what so ever. Just the worst place I have ever stayed, did not feel safe. Do not stay here please

• 11th Aug 2015

Rooms are ok for the price paid. It's right beside Main Bazaar road in the Alley. Close to all restaurants, markets and for all your other needs.

Really big and comfy beds in the dorm. Staff is not very friendly. Especially the woman manager/waitress at the bar who told me to shut up when I've asked how long my food was going to take.

Great value for money place especially for solo travellers. Roben is a very helpful guy, always ready to help you and give good advices in case. The guest house is centrally located, just aside Main Bazar in Pahar Ganj. I definetely recommend this place!

great price. dorm rooms never seem to be available even if you book one. Rooms have gotten much better and cleaner since the last time I stayed. Ask for an upgrade if you get offered a crappy room. Location is hard to find if you've never been. Wifi worked really well in room. Showers have good water pressure and hot water works.

... now I understand the very bad reviews let on tripadvisor ... After so many trips around the world , in Egypt , Morocco , Tunisia, Cuba etc ... probably this is the worst place I've ever slept in ...

• 18th Jul 2015

The hostel is really well located, close to the metro station ( 10minutes walk) and in the Main Bazar (good for cheap shopping and restaurants). You may find the area a little t busy and not very attractive at first . About the hostel , is good. For the price, it provides a good room. The staff ia not very helpful with information and when we got there they took us to a travel agency saying to be from Ministry of Tourism, which is not.You can do everything by metro so don't use them.

Stayed here for my second time and had a wonderful stay. The staff are friendly, rates are reasonablereasonable, and the room was very clean. I definitely recommend this place to travellers looking for cheap but nice accomodations.

• 12th Jul 2015

Nice place, well located, good value for money!!! recommended !

Hostel New King has a nice, helpful staff. The rooms are basic, but clean. Everything works. Also, the hostel is in a fascinating area, very buzzing and close to the old city center. A great option for backpackers who are on a budget and nonetheless like to feel cozy and relaxed.

Great value for the money! I stayed two days in Delhi and the guys were so nice that they let me store my luggage in the hostel for 10 days for no extra charge. Friendly and helpful staff, 5-minute walk to the metro station, highly recommended!

The location was a little hard to find the first time we stayed but it is very close to new Delhi station and the metro which is great. it is excellent value for money being one of the cheaper places we have stayed in India.

• 17th Jun 2015

Robin is supernice, I love the location, Paharganj is the neighborhood where you wanna be if you are a backpacker. nice rooms, clean cheap. would def. come back

Please do not go to this location unless you want to visit a hostel in a brothel area. Worst postal I have ever been to from wholesale was recommended hotels and hostels.

• 1st Jun 2015

My first trip ever to India, so of course I was a bit nervous. But the Hostel offers an Airport Pickup which was great and made me feel safe as a female single traveler. My first impression of the Location was that it was very overwhelming as it is in Main Bazar, but the welcoming staff made me feel home and safe in this hustle and busle. The Manager was very helpfull and you can ask whatever you need and the staff will try to help you as best as possible. If you are on a budget give it a go!

I booked a triple with AC but when we arrived we were put in a single (no AC or window) & a double w/ a non working AC unit. I was told they wouldn't charge us more $ (lucky us, lesser rooms for the same money!). After a few hours we ended up in the double room w/ a mattress on the floor & they turned on the AC, which never got cold. The night staff tried to be as helpful as they could be. In the morning we were given the runaround on trains & taken to a travel agency that tried to scam us.

The place was extremely dirty and hot. I've been to India three times and this is the worst place I've stayed.

The stuff is really nice.. Sunny helped me a lot to feel me comfortable during my stay. The area is great for shopping so you do not have to go far.:)

• 5th May 2015
  • Hungary

Very helpful manager and staff. They book bus bustickets without comission. So better book there. All the travel agencies around try to rib you off. Especially itt travel(invicta tour&travels) with its owner Mr. Shafi. He tried to charge us for train tickets more than double of the original ticket price.Avoid to go this agency!!! For any travel plans ask the manager of new king hostel.his name is Robin and he is very professional and customer orientated The hostel offers room service 24 h.