Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

Good rooms and a nice restaurant close to the hostel (it's named tadka) but there was very few other guests and no much occasions to have fun. Staff a bit uninterested.

We arrived early in the morning, and the location of the hostel in a unlightened alley was a little frightening. After overcoming the first shock it was ok, but we tried to avoid being in this "alley" to the hostel. For us it wasn't really clear, who was part of the staff and who wasn't which made it hard to trust somebody. Because as all travel guides advice you: don't trust someone - mostly they try to sell you something. Wifi wasn't working properly, and we had a couple of powercuts.

• 3rd Apr 2014

For India, this is the best value for your money hostel..Hot water all the time, pressure is the best we've experienced in all of India..Great internet connection, can skype home :) Room was spacious, clean bathrooms, no musty smell, clean bed sheets, no cockroaches :) YAY!

The manager is wonderful and the hostel assisted me with everything, I needed. Made my transition to india a very smooth and safe one. Thank you!

Great place! I've stayed there 3 nights and I'll come back after my trip in Rajastan! Perfect location and the staff is really friendly and help you in everything you need! Especially the manager was really worthy! Good value for money and cheap/clean room! Definitely recommended!

Its a good hostel, with nice staff. If you have a question, they are always willing to assist, especially Sonny. The location is excellent, with the main bazaar right outside the front door.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Norway

Hostel does what other reviews say, a low budget hostel in a tourist area. It was probs the nicest one around there. Staff were on hand and extremely helpful in recommending where to go eat and what to do - which was. Wonderful for first timers in India. Only negative was the tv in our room was not working (not too much of an issue) but we had some neighbours who played there's ridiculously loud at all hours so would have been handy to drown out their s

Good and friendly stuff, clean hostel and always helpful ...

Sunny the manager is a very welcoming person, ready to help you on anything!!! he makes the difference and is the reason why I recommend this place. Of course the very cheap price and warm water are a plus!

• 19th Feb 2014

It's not a luxurious place that's true but you'll find anything you need - hot water, wi-fi. Located very well, hard to find it though. It's better to order a pick-up from the airport - otherwise the taxi driver will surely take you somewhere else and say the hostel is full and your reservation no longer valid. We recommand for those who are used to indian conditions.

Robin was amazing!!!

• 12th Feb 2014

Very friendly people, especially Robin! Dhanyavad!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Ukraine

Superrr nice place to stay , Robin the manager make u feel like home. Felt Very SAFE while staying here you will meet other backpackers since i am travelling alone Very SAFE for Solo Girl Traveller helped me out to arrange my train tickets which was great help , location is very nice you will see lots of festivals & weddings , Good & very HOT Shower !! free wifi very fast . i am coming back in 1 month again here.

I only stayed one night in this hostel but the stuff was great, it was clean and a good atmosphere. They gave me a single room becuase in the dorm was a family. The room was a little bit too loud until about 11 pm, but in this area it is difficult to find something quite. So it is an exellent hostel. Can really recommend it even if it is difficult to find.

Pretty basic but exceptional value for money. Quite difficult to find in an alley back from the main street of Paharganj. No real common spaces but my en-suite room was good for the amount I paid. Noisy at night and not the cleanest but as good an option as I think you'll find in Paharganj.

I had a very pleasant stay during my 2wks at the hostel. Very friendly straff and nicely located in the middle of the busy back-packers paradise Pahar Ganj. Only 5min from the metro, great!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

This was our first time india,

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Denmark

If you really want to stay in Delhi this hostel is a fairly good choice! Do not expect anything special! The stuff is helpful, but the Location. is more then ' local'!! In a very small street where indians have their urinal and in a quiet dirty part of india! BUT: that's india like I wanted it to see and ;) almost expected! Eventhough Hard stuff to take;)! Rooms are clean and spacious!

We enjoyed our stay at the New King Dx in Delhi, . We stayed 4 nights in total and had a good sleep there. Hot water in the bathroom was very enjoyable as well. we got sick & Robin was so kind & hospitable made us feel like A HOME..! brought us lots of tea & food in the room it was very Special .. pls stay in touch with Robin if u need anything Recommended!

• 16th Jan 2014

AVOID,AVOID,AVOID. They took me to a dump,I got so scared, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Finally I told them take me back to the airport,they refuse and finally someone came and they took me to a travel agency to buy plane fares and book expensive trips...I said no,please take me back to the airport. They decided to take me back to the airport,on the way to the airport they robbed me and left me in the middle of the highway! Your life is worth more then money,PLEASE AVOID!

« first « Prev 1 2 3