Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

Please do not go to this location unless you want to visit a hostel in a brothel area. Worst postal I have ever been to from wholesale was recommended hotels and hostels.

• 1st Jun 2015

My first trip ever to India, so of course I was a bit nervous. But the Hostel offers an Airport Pickup which was great and made me feel safe as a female single traveler. My first impression of the Location was that it was very overwhelming as it is in Main Bazar, but the welcoming staff made me feel home and safe in this hustle and busle. The Manager was very helpfull and you can ask whatever you need and the staff will try to help you as best as possible. If you are on a budget give it a go!

• 29th May 2015

I booked a triple with AC but when we arrived we were put in a single (no AC or window) & a double w/ a non working AC unit. I was told they wouldn't charge us more $ (lucky us, lesser rooms for the same money!). After a few hours we ended up in the double room w/ a mattress on the floor & they turned on the AC, which never got cold. The night staff tried to be as helpful as they could be. In the morning we were given the runaround on trains & taken to a travel agency that tried to scam us.

The place was extremely dirty and hot. I've been to India three times and this is the worst place I've stayed.

The stuff is really nice.. Sunny helped me a lot to feel me comfortable during my stay. The area is great for shopping so you do not have to go far.:)

• 5th May 2015
  • Hungary

Very helpful manager and staff. They book bus bustickets without comission. So better book there. All the travel agencies around try to rib you off. Especially itt travel(invicta tour&travels) with its owner Mr. Shafi. He tried to charge us for train tickets more than double of the original ticket price.Avoid to go this agency!!! For any travel plans ask the manager of new king hostel.his name is Robin and he is very professional and customer orientated The hostel offers room service 24 h.

A really decent place in a popular neighboorhood

I stayed at Hotel New King with my girlfriend at the beginning of our India trip. We were so happy that we came back at the end of our trip. Location is amazing, right in the heart of Main Bazaar and only 5 minutes walking from New Delhi Train Station. Staff is great, very friendly and helpful with everything. Also very great value for money, the best we could find in Delhi! Highly recommended!!

Highly recommended, located in central and accessible area, close to the railway and metro station. The staff is very kind and rooms are quite clean and peaceful, wifi working properly. Definitely a good place according quality and price

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Awesome hostel, super friendly guys! The location is cool because you have to walk through these tiny little alley ways just behind the main street, which at night time is the best - all the childeren are running around playing bringing about a real family athmosphere. Sonny - the owner - is really cool and very helpful, there are also two hilariously adorable Pugs!!

great place to stay. 24/7 of hot water. thank you

• 12th Mar 2015

Hostel is not far from the train station however is very difficult to find as is down a back alley. Can feel a bit intimidating walking down the alley especially on a night. Very basic hostel but rooms were clean. Owner (Vicky Oberoi) was extremely helpful. We were unfortunately led into the classic 'tourist information' scam, after Vicky advising us over email what to do to escape it he also helped us get a lot of our money back! Massively grateful for his help! THANKYOU!!

Room was disgusting with thick black hair all over the floor (I'm a fair brunette), bed and bathroom. Plug socket was falling out of the wall and the location of the hotel was terrifying. I have no idea how this place has good reviews. The only good things were the owner who was very helpful and adorable hostel pugs.

• 26th Feb 2015

After a long month of hard times traveling around India, staying here and meeting Robin just what I needed. He's got such a peaceful and sweet soul that it helped calm me and give me a completely different perception of Indian, especially male Indians. Really wish I had been able to stay longer. Plus, the pugs are adorable and super sweet. They do stay in the reception area, so if you don't want to be around dogs it's easy to not be around them.

New king was a great place to start my Indian pilgrimage. The hostel is definitely a safe haven from the chaos of the main bazaar with a comfortable atmosphere and a very kind manager. (and also two pugs) I highly recommend this hostel and will be returning here again.

• 27th Jan 2015

Sunny is a good stuff.very clever

• 25th Jan 2015
  • China

No cleanliness, no towels, no toilet paper. The district where the guest house is situated seems like unsafe. The manager sikh named Sunny tried to cheat me when I checked out. One plus the internet connection was good. But I cannot recommend this place.

This place was a good price and nice people working there.

• 15th Jan 2015