Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

Really nice staff, good location. Noisy but welcome in India. Just please, clean sometimes the rooms. Even for indian standard it is still dirty.

Don't trust in the tourist center, be careful! Take a tuk tuk to move around the city.

The staff is friendly, it is in a small street in the back of the but really clean and nice. You get what you pay for, hot water was working and the bed are comfortable compared to indian beds standard.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating of my change in plans. I highly recommend staying here, the value for the price is very good, and its nice to spend time in such a friendly atmosphere amongst the chaos of Delhi.

Really friendly people. excellent value for money. if you are looking for roof over you head and nice friendly staff, this is the place to come. they even have a laundry service which is good and cheap.

• 23rd Oct 2014

BE CAREFUL. All rooms are full, they still allow to book. I reached the hostel at 3AM. They gave me a terrible room in other guest house. Very hot even at night, dirty, and unsecured. at 9AM they gave another room on the roof with the same problem. I have to change room again the evening. when I checked out, they asked me print out my booking, I said I booked online, everything was there no need to print out. But the manager disagreed and become angry. They don't use PC for management, I think

Public place is very small, almost no place for communication. Location in the city area is very good, but detail address is very difficult to get. Because it's very chaos on the area.

Jesus Christ don't stay here. Properly nasty. Owner is nice and friendly though.

I like this hotel! cool guys working here. in the lobby run funny puppies. it is not a top class hotel, but then nice at home and very good prices for Delhi.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Russia

The photos published are not real, the wifi never works, is good for a couple of days in delhi and leave. very dirty place.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Nice rooms and helpfull staff!

Robin (Latki) was a great host, and his calm and smile were really welcoming. New King is a really cheap deal for Delhi, and you are immediately immersed in the chaotic athmosphere of the Bazaar in Pahar Ganj. The rooms are wide, but could be a bit cleaner. Robin sent me with a driver to eat at a local restaurant on my first day, and that driver brought me to a fake "official tourism office" nearby. Be carefull, it's a (tourists) trap. Convenient location, close to two metro stations.

• 5th Sep 2014

The hostel is located down a dark alley, which cannot be helped, but the sign posting of the hostel can be improved. The security was next to non-existent, to secure your room when leaving I had a cheap padlock, to secure the door when in the room there was a flimsy rack bolt on the inside of the door. The room was absolutely filthy, the bathroom was disgusting and the toilet didn't even flush! I had to fill a bucket to flush the thing. I would happily compare it to a prison!

It was very nice to meet everybody at New King again. I will come back once more again. Robin, the young man with long hair is helping with all the staff. See you soon.

the room was smelly. NO AC,cannt imagine to sleep there ,since the weather so hot there.

Very good hotel - good location in delhi, very friendly atmosphere and the staff were very helpful - I will definitely be returning in the future!

• 27th Aug 2014

Unless you travel to have a difficult time, do not go to this place. Unless you travel to be treated by the staff just as another person with money, do not go to this place. Unless you travel to improve your ability to face challenges in regard to hygene, do not go to this place.

Don't let them take you to their agency building, you'll get ripped off. You're much better off doing your own research online. Volvo a/c bus is great and can take you almost anywhere

• 27th Aug 2014

Great location. Helpfull staff. Great value for money.

i stay in a single private room for 2 nights. It's so hot in summer because there is no AC, but indeed the price is very cheap. wifi is very weak in 3rd, 4rd floor. In my room there is no wifi signal.