Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

Room was disgusting with thick black hair all over the floor (I'm a fair brunette), bed and bathroom. Plug socket was falling out of the wall and the location of the hotel was terrifying. I have no idea how this place has good reviews. The only good things were the owner who was very helpful and adorable hostel pugs.

• 26th Feb 2015

After a long month of hard times traveling around India, staying here and meeting Robin just what I needed. He's got such a peaceful and sweet soul that it helped calm me and give me a completely different perception of Indian, especially male Indians. Really wish I had been able to stay longer. Plus, the pugs are adorable and super sweet. They do stay in the reception area, so if you don't want to be around dogs it's easy to not be around them.

New king was a great place to start my Indian pilgrimage. The hostel is definitely a safe haven from the chaos of the main bazaar with a comfortable atmosphere and a very kind manager. (and also two pugs) I highly recommend this hostel and will be returning here again.

• 27th Jan 2015

Sunny is a good stuff.very clever

• 25th Jan 2015
  • China

No cleanliness, no towels, no toilet paper. The district where the guest house is situated seems like unsafe. The manager sikh named Sunny tried to cheat me when I checked out. One plus the internet connection was good. But I cannot recommend this place.

This place was a good price and nice people working there.

• 15th Jan 2015

Robin was an amazing host! He has two pugs as well which were super adorable!

• 30th Dec 2014

great place to stay in the heart of Delhi. Close to everything. 5m to delhi train train station ,5m to metro. exellent!!

Nice staff, nice place. Newt stay in India, I know where to stay.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Hey guys, I think this is a great place to stay! It is probably the cheapest place you will find in such a great position of Delhi. You are close to the train and metro station, so you do not have to take a cab. It was also great that they had an airport pickup, so I did not have to find my way through Delhi in the middle of the night. The staff is really nice and is always trying to help you, if there is any problem. So I guess, if you are on a budget, choose that place!

• 17th Dec 2014

Really nice staff, good location. Noisy but welcome in India. Just please, clean sometimes the rooms. Even for indian standard it is still dirty.

Don't trust in the tourist center, be careful! Take a tuk tuk to move around the city.

The staff is friendly, it is in a small street in the back of the but really clean and nice. You get what you pay for, hot water was working and the bed are comfortable compared to indian beds standard.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating of my change in plans. I highly recommend staying here, the value for the price is very good, and its nice to spend time in such a friendly atmosphere amongst the chaos of Delhi.

Really friendly people. excellent value for money. if you are looking for roof over you head and nice friendly staff, this is the place to come. they even have a laundry service which is good and cheap.

• 23rd Oct 2014

BE CAREFUL. All rooms are full, they still allow to book. I reached the hostel at 3AM. They gave me a terrible room in other guest house. Very hot even at night, dirty, and unsecured. at 9AM they gave another room on the roof with the same problem. I have to change room again the evening. when I checked out, they asked me print out my booking, I said I booked online, everything was there no need to print out. But the manager disagreed and become angry. They don't use PC for management, I think

Public place is very small, almost no place for communication. Location in the city area is very good, but detail address is very difficult to get. Because it's very chaos on the area.

Jesus Christ don't stay here. Properly nasty. Owner is nice and friendly though.