Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

Nice rooms and helpfull staff!

Robin (Latki) was a great host, and his calm and smile were really welcoming. New King is a really cheap deal for Delhi, and you are immediately immersed in the chaotic athmosphere of the Bazaar in Pahar Ganj. The rooms are wide, but could be a bit cleaner. Robin sent me with a driver to eat at a local restaurant on my first day, and that driver brought me to a fake "official tourism office" nearby. Be carefull, it's a (tourists) trap. Convenient location, close to two metro stations.

• 5th Sep 2014

The hostel is located down a dark alley, which cannot be helped, but the sign posting of the hostel can be improved. The security was next to non-existent, to secure your room when leaving I had a cheap padlock, to secure the door when in the room there was a flimsy rack bolt on the inside of the door. The room was absolutely filthy, the bathroom was disgusting and the toilet didn't even flush! I had to fill a bucket to flush the thing. I would happily compare it to a prison!

It was very nice to meet everybody at New King again. I will come back once more again. Robin, the young man with long hair is helping with all the staff. See you soon.

the room was smelly. NO AC,cannt imagine to sleep there ,since the weather so hot there.

Very good hotel - good location in delhi, very friendly atmosphere and the staff were very helpful - I will definitely be returning in the future!

• 27th Aug 2014

Unless you travel to have a difficult time, do not go to this place. Unless you travel to be treated by the staff just as another person with money, do not go to this place. Unless you travel to improve your ability to face challenges in regard to hygene, do not go to this place.

Don't let them take you to their agency building, you'll get ripped off. You're much better off doing your own research online. Volvo a/c bus is great and can take you almost anywhere

• 27th Aug 2014

Great location. Helpfull staff. Great value for money.

i stay in a single private room for 2 nights. It's so hot in summer because there is no AC, but indeed the price is very cheap. wifi is very weak in 3rd, 4rd floor. In my room there is no wifi signal.

Very good location and spacious rooms

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice people here, we went here three times during our trip without nz booking and were welcomed every time without any complications. The hostel is only a few meters away from main bazar, where you can have a nice walk and a cold drink in the evening. I can definitely recommend this place for staying in delhi!

• 14th Aug 2014

This place is fine to spend a few nights, good location near the main bazaar. Feels a bit rundown/unclean. But I had no issues with this place, especially at such a good price.

Overall they were nice and helpful, I could get some nice cold bottled water at 4am which was a life saver. For the price it's worth it.

• 1st Aug 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE....

• 10th Jul 2014

I really enjoyedmmy stay in this hostel, the staff were really helpful and nice and the bed was very comfortable! I would go back anytime!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

We were received were warmfully. Stuff was very helpful to us. After one stay we decided to come here again only one month later, so it.s probably the best comment.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Don't stay here. There's a reason why it's dirt cheap. It is located next to a urine stall, a pile of trash, and stray dogs. I am by no means picky when it comes to hostels, but this place is very dirty; there were no sheets on the mattress. The AC spewed hot air at us. The bathroom didn't lock and the toilet didn't flush. The staff is nice, we left a day earlier (just couldn't do it) they didn't charge us for the extra night. There's other hotels that are still cheap for better quality.

• 4th Jul 2014

The rooms are ok for the price and have everything that you need. Shower and Internet are working good. Big pluspoint: Haven´t seen any cockroaches or other tiny animals (beside of the little puppies the hotel- dog got when I was there... and they were adorable). It´s true that you have to walk through some "darker" streets to reach it but I never had a problem there. The stuff is willing to help and give you good advices if you have any qhestions. If I come back I´ll stay there again.

• 1st Jul 2014

the guy at the reception was amazing ...

• 27th Jun 2014