Hostel New King Reviews

15/16 ram dwara road, main bazar ,pahar ganj-55, New Delhi, India

We were received were warmfully. Stuff was very helpful to us. After one stay we decided to come here again only one month later, so it.s probably the best comment.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Don't stay here. There's a reason why it's dirt cheap. It is located next to a urine stall, a pile of trash, and stray dogs. I am by no means picky when it comes to hostels, but this place is very dirty; there were no sheets on the mattress. The AC spewed hot air at us. The bathroom didn't lock and the toilet didn't flush. The staff is nice, we left a day earlier (just couldn't do it) they didn't charge us for the extra night. There's other hotels that are still cheap for better quality.

• 4th Jul 2014

The rooms are ok for the price and have everything that you need. Shower and Internet are working good. Big pluspoint: Haven´t seen any cockroaches or other tiny animals (beside of the little puppies the hotel- dog got when I was there... and they were adorable). It´s true that you have to walk through some "darker" streets to reach it but I never had a problem there. The stuff is willing to help and give you good advices if you have any qhestions. If I come back I´ll stay there again.

• 1st Jul 2014

the guy at the reception was amazing ...

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

this location is terrifying if it is your first stay or experience in india. very dirty, smelly, dark and intimidating as it is down a dark alley near an area that is a public toilet, you have to literally sweep the flies out of the way. you get used to it after a night or two but i would not recommend it as a starting place in india. Robin, the manager was pretty cool however, DO NOT USE THE TOURIST COMPANIES THEY RECOMMEND. DONT USE ANY! they are angry scam artists. plan your journey yourself!

hi! dontt even look at the pictures of the website, you won't have this! first of all, the landlord 's gonna give you a single room as he was making you a big favour. but you booked a dormirtory ( which doesnt exist) you wont believe you booked there until he shows you the booking paper.... WIFI access only at the entrance, The bedroom very rustic, with sheet not even changed from the previous costumer.

• 30th May 2014

We booked a delux room with air conditioning but were initially given a tiny room with no A/C. After complaining we were moved and the deluxe room was much bigger. It was clean and had a good hot shower but for a couple of dollars extra per night you can find much nicer accommodation. The location is down a small alleyway so not ideal for lone travellers.

Good location, nice staff, cheep price.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Japan

In pahar ganj, a dirty alley with people peeing on the street, rooms are spacious and ok but no real common area to meet people.

I recommend staying at this place., well located, friendly stafff ... and for the price it costs the rooms are goood. By the way, do not miss the man with the long hair, Rouben, for the chanti chanti way of doing..... Thanks you guys for making of my first staying in india a good impression.

• 12th May 2014

Location convenient and staff always amenable.

• 10th May 2014

The hotel is a nice one, spacious and clean rooms and bathrooms, but there is one thing about the location which we did not like. this hotel is not on the actual main bazaar, but to get there you need to pass a few narrow and id say a bit dodgy side streets - which is the reason why two females like us decided its not safe and found a new place. if you are a man or are planning to stay in the hotel once it gets dark, then the place is good considering the price and proximity of metro etc.

• 9th May 2014
  • Slovakia

This is an inexpensive hostel in an excellent part of Delhi. If you're looking for some great street food and shops with interesting Indian clothes, spices and gifts it's a great place to stay. The hostel is a bit run down but the staff are fair and overall good place for money.

It is a very basic hostel for not fussy travelers. The rooms and the whole hostel is dirty and unkempt. hostel staff just wants to sell you tours and train tickets. In my case, when I explained that I had already bought my train journeys, they became angry with me and will not speak again during my entire stay. I do not recommend this hostel.

Robin the manager, a young man with long hair is GRATE !!! He is making the place. I will definitely come back!!!

Small hostel in a decent location for exploring the city although be prepared to go down busy streets, if you have been to india before you will be used to this. Staff are very friendly, especially the manager who was a great help in planning my stay. Basic facilities but clean and for the price no complaints.

• 5th May 2014

Nice place with really good value for the money and friendly open staff. I will come back the next time ...

• 3rd May 2014

For delhi for that price it's okay. The guy with the long hair and the cute dog is quite helpful and friendly!

Very pleased with all the help offered by robin a highly recommended hostel

• 27th Apr 2014

perfect position!! 5 minutes from New Delhi train station. hot water, wi fi and power energy work all day!!

1 2 Next » last »