7.0
Very Good 891 Total Reviews
7.0
Very Good 891 Total Reviews
Hostel New York Located at C/ d'en GIGNAS 6, 08002, Barcelona.
Spain
Barcelona 08002 C/ d'en GIGNAS 6, 08002
70% 891
41.3805796 2.1795799
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Sep 2016
5.7

Very unorganised. There was always a lot of people waiting in the tiny foyer. So you had to wait awhile before getting in. Dirty rooms. No linen included. No signs saying respect your room mates. We had people smoking and drinking in the room so you had to breathe that in while sleeping. Had two ladies in the room drinking and one of them spilt beer all over the floor. Lockers were very squeaky and made a lot of noise. Staff weren't very attentive but not a big deal for me. A no for me.

• England, Female, 31-40
31st Aug 2016
6.3

The room was tiny and stuffy. One of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Breakfast was simple and the breakfast lady was rude. However, the location was excellent.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2016
7.7

Nice place to stay, wouldn't recommend staying solo though; not a very social hostel. Included breakfast of white rolls; spreads, cereal and tea & coffee. Staff are nice, but don't talk to you much. Location is only a 10 at most walk to rambla. They have a kitchen and wifi is good once you're connected

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2016
5.4

My stay at this hostel wasn't a pleasant one. The rooms were small, a lot of the lockers were not working, the showers quite grubby. There was also no air con and can get very stuffy in the room. Service was also not the best. Location was great and it was do able but I would not come back here again.

26th Jul 2016

it is a nice hostel, more like a family hostel, definitely not a party one (wich wasnt a problem for me). Rooms were big and clean, but only two (two!!) plugs in a room for 6 people. One of them was used to turn on the only (one!!) fan in the room. I didnt sleep much because of the heat. A little loud at night (stayed in the 3rd floor). Too much hair in the shower. Location is awesome! Breakfast is good but it starts only at 08:30 until 10:30.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016
5.4

Small room, a bit dirty and didn't look like the photos

21st Jul 2016

A bit cramped in my room with 6 beds. Good location for tourist attractions. Don't offer walking tours our pub crawls but staff can help you find them. The take your keys when you go out of the hostel which is nice so you don't have to worry about losing them.

17th Jul 2016
3.4

If I were to design the worst hostel I can imagine, I wouldn't come even close to this place. There is only one shower and bathroom per floor and the sink in the shower is clogged and spewing orange goo. I had made the booking for the wrong night at the hotel, so when I asked to change I was told to "shut up and show him some respect". When I sat down on the sofa to search for another hotel, I was told to get out of the hostel as I had no right to stay inside without a reservation. Rudest ever.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Jul 2016

Not a bad place to stay, good location, free locker equipment, except had to pay to use sheets. Met some great people during my stay here, would come back again for the central location.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
4th Jul 2016
8.0

This hostel is located in the Gothic Quarter, which is the old Barcelona. The streets are small and it's easy to get lost but the atmosphere is amazing and everything is nearby! We only used the hostel to sleep and shower so I can only say that it did it's job. Would probably stay at another hostel that's easier to navigate through at night but I did enjoy my stay at Hostel New York