Hostel Nina Reviews

The owner's mom was wonderful as she picked me up from the bus station at night and fed me when I got there! The only thing is that the room really smelled like mold. I think the rooms upstairs were better as I asked others upstairs about it. It kind of felt like I was sharing the owner's house.

Hostel Nina is one of the best hostels we have stayed in this year. The staff are so welcoming, they greeted us with cake and tea and took us on a fantastic war tour. Make sure you grab a drink at zika bar and don't be surprised if you get an impromptu buffet lunch cooked by Nina's mum!

Great location with very friendly and helpful staff. Took a little while to find the place, but that was absolutely no fault of the directions (it was me). A great place to go and explore the south west of Bosnia and South of Croatia! The hostel was clean and offered lots of advice of the city, places to eat, and even local and further flung tours. Highly recommend.

Nina and her family were very welcoming and helpful and they even dropped me off at the train station. They are also very open to talking about their lives and experiences during the war, I had an insightful conversation with her mother and aunt about it the night I arrived. Also went on the war tour which was fantastic and included a home-cooked breakfast! Really enjoyed my stay here, it was a fantastic opportunity to learn more about Mostar.

Really a great place to stay. Everyone involved with the hostel is a very genuinely nice person. The war tour was a great experience, and I highly recoomend to everyone. It is very educational and gives you an insight into life in Mostar. The bar associated with the hostel is also really great. I would love to go back to Hostel Nina. My gf and I really enjoyed it.

Wonderful stay at Hostel Nina. The staff are amazing, going above and beyond a normal hostel experience. Great location, right in the old town and the option of a day tour run by the staff.

Very interesting hostel set up. It is tiny and is more like an apartment that ha been converted into a hostel without any facilities except a bathroom. However the price was great and the lady was so friendly and welcoming!

The staff were amazing. Picked me up from bus station at 11pm and even gave me dinner as I had been on a bus for 8 hours. Dorms were basic but all you need. Provided with towels and linen. Only a few power points though. Large bath room to be shared between 14 guests. Wish there was a common room for guests to hang out and meet each other. Great tour provided by the son Niño about the war 19 years ago.

Arrived very very late so cannot comment on hostel atmosphere etc. Staff were very courteous and accommodating though. It was cheap and clean and quiet to sleep. Thank u.

the hostel is perfect, rooms are very comfortable and clean. The people were extremely welcoming and helpful and even took us to the bus station.

• 25th Aug 2014

Family run hostel. Not very hostel-like. Cooking is made in the family's privet kitchen. They are very nice and we went on a tour around the area on one day which started with breakfast in the garden, a lovely omelette. The tour was good, four of us + the guide, so it was easy to ask questions and we got to know a lot about the war and how life is in Mostar and around today. Our room, a double room was big and with a balcony facing the garden.

Easy to find, peaceful location but still no long walk to bridge, old town or train station. No lockers, but still felt safe. Helpful staff.

+ a very nice place with nice atmosphere, good for meeting people + very kind and helpful staff + excellent location, just few min walk away from the very center. + fully equipped kitchen the only "-" : the only bathroom on the ground floor is very often occupied. Don't leave taking the shower for the last minutes before your departure. Definitely a place to recommend!

Everything was excellent! Nina was very friendly and kept us up to date on the various tours being offered. Her husband led a great tour. Her mother cooks a great breakfast and her father helped us pick figs for breakfast! A true family affair and we're so glad we booked with Hostel Nina for our stay in Mostar.

Really nice place. It was very quite tho and it was difficult to meet people.

• 19th Aug 2014

Good value for money hostel. The room was clean and with enough space for the 10 people. Quite close to the old town. They offer an interesting day tour trip.

Hostel Nina is a nice place to stay in Mostar. It's located near old town and Nina and her mother are really nice. Take one of the tours they are organising to see also the surroundings of Mostar.

The hostel is very clean, the personnel are EXTREMELY friendly and willing to help. Close to the city centre, just a few minutes walk. Also good that it's in a peaceful neighborhood, so you can get a good night's sleep.

Very friendly staff, beautiful new room - only sharing the bathroom with another room can be annoying (as it's not very clean then), but very nice stay!

• 10th Aug 2014

This is probably the place to go to in Mostar. Very close to the main attraction, the bridge. The place looks great, has A/C, laundry service, clean bathroom. Outside there's is a nice place to sit. The owners, Nina and Zeki, a young couple, are great hosts. The tours Zeki provides are among the best I've taken. Especially the war tour. If you plan to travel to or from Kotor, make sure to arrange a transfer from this or any other hostel. Public transportation takes forever and costs the same.