Hostel Nokturno Reviews

Skalinska 2a, Zagreb, Croatia

I don't even know where to start... This was the worst hostel experience I have ever had. They DO NO have 24 hour reception. I booked this place specifically because they were suppose to have 24 hour reception. I did not see a person at the front desk my entire stay at the hostel. A friendly gentleman from the restaurant next door had to help get me settled. There were a ton of ants all over the floor and the bathroom had a weird smell. The only good this about this place is the location.

We have stayed in this hostel over new years eve. At midnight we left the hostel and went out for an hour and when we came back our wallet with money and documents was missing. We have locked the door a checked it two times. But when we came back everything was unlocked and there was noone on the reception. Overall room is quite nice, for four people maybe a little bit small. Bathroom has not been cleaned for a loooong time. Black girl on reception is nice but the other girl, the blond one, not.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

The location could not be better in a street of good value restaurants, near a street of cafes and only a couple of minutes walk to Dolac Square. We had the double room with toilet and shower . The room and shower are small but good value for money. The shower has an unpleasant smell, but this is difficult to fix in some old buildings. The staff we met were helpful and friendly.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed just for one night in Zagreb before heading out to the coast. We stayed in one of the double rooms with a private bathroom, which was very clean and comfortable. The hostel itself was very quiet and really centrally located, just a couple blocks from a main tram station and very close to several restaurants and cafes. We ate in the Nokturno restaurant next door, which was tasty and very reasonably priced.

I stayed here with my friend, whom I was traveling with, and two fellow danes we had just met on the train. The owner was so very welcoming, and we where almost the only people in the hostel, so he did everything he could to give us a great stay. He even made the stay cheaper, because it was my friends birthday! The hostel is nothing special in it self, but the staff was and the location is perfect. Right in the middle of the town. Great experience!

We doubt the room had been cleaned before our arrival (bin full, no toilet paper, hairs in the shower, dust between head of the bed and wall). We hope they changed the bed sheets at least... The shower was blocked (if they had cleaned the shower, staff would have noticed it...) and they was a terrible stench in the bathroom. Very very very noisy at night (restaurants and bars in the street just below the window) !