Hostel Nokturno Reviews

Skalinska 2a, Zagreb, Croatia

We have stayed in this hostel over new years eve. At midnight we left the hostel and went out for an hour and when we came back our wallet with money and documents was missing. We have locked the door a checked it two times. But when we came back everything was unlocked and there was noone on the reception. Overall room is quite nice, for four people maybe a little bit small. Bathroom has not been cleaned for a loooong time. Black girl on reception is nice but the other girl, the blond one, not.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

The location could not be better in a street of good value restaurants, near a street of cafes and only a couple of minutes walk to Dolac Square. We had the double room with toilet and shower . The room and shower are small but good value for money. The shower has an unpleasant smell, but this is difficult to fix in some old buildings. The staff we met were helpful and friendly.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed just for one night in Zagreb before heading out to the coast. We stayed in one of the double rooms with a private bathroom, which was very clean and comfortable. The hostel itself was very quiet and really centrally located, just a couple blocks from a main tram station and very close to several restaurants and cafes. We ate in the Nokturno restaurant next door, which was tasty and very reasonably priced.

I stayed here with my friend, whom I was traveling with, and two fellow danes we had just met on the train. The owner was so very welcoming, and we where almost the only people in the hostel, so he did everything he could to give us a great stay. He even made the stay cheaper, because it was my friends birthday! The hostel is nothing special in it self, but the staff was and the location is perfect. Right in the middle of the town. Great experience!

We doubt the room had been cleaned before our arrival (bin full, no toilet paper, hairs in the shower, dust between head of the bed and wall). We hope they changed the bed sheets at least... The shower was blocked (if they had cleaned the shower, staff would have noticed it...) and they was a terrible stench in the bathroom. Very very very noisy at night (restaurants and bars in the street just below the window) !

Remarkably good deal, friendly staff, unbeatable location. The single room that leads onto the main reception doesn't keep out the noise so well but all in all t was an incredibly good deal.

The room I stayed was a single bed private room, not sure if its just me, I couldn't seem to lock the door from outside. The staff was really friendly, kind of miss her smile now. The hostel overall is a little bit too dark, the internet didnt work all the time, but hey its a really nice place to stay for such a price

Really nice place and cheap price ! It's easy to get to zagreb tourist attractions by foot.

1. I found my bed broken, and needed to refer to the stuff for fixing it. Fortunately, it was done quickly, but the bed was still not very cosy. It was a folding bed, and the next 2 days I had back pains. 2. it would be nice to add a couple of more pans/pots and a hardboard in the 3-bed "apartment" that has a separate entrance from the street.

Priceless.. We will recommend this hostel to everyone we know that is coming to visit zagreb! Thank you Nokturno

Nice hostel just next to the main street.

Appalling hostel. Staff completely useless when asked anything, location terrible to get to when travelling with Lots of luggage, common room disgusting food, rubbish left everywhere, holes in Bed sheets, terrible smell in bathroom Booked a private room, allocated a shared room with another group, were told to "sort it out between ourselves" told them again booked private room, in middle of night someone unlocked door tried to put someone else in our room Only good thing was wifi connectivity

• 6th Aug 2014