Hostel Nokturno Reviews

Skalinska 2a, Zagreb, Croatia

We doubt the room had been cleaned before our arrival (bin full, no toilet paper, hairs in the shower, dust between head of the bed and wall). We hope they changed the bed sheets at least... The shower was blocked (if they had cleaned the shower, staff would have noticed it...) and they was a terrible stench in the bathroom. Very very very noisy at night (restaurants and bars in the street just below the window) !

Remarkably good deal, friendly staff, unbeatable location. The single room that leads onto the main reception doesn't keep out the noise so well but all in all t was an incredibly good deal.

The room I stayed was a single bed private room, not sure if its just me, I couldn't seem to lock the door from outside. The staff was really friendly, kind of miss her smile now. The hostel overall is a little bit too dark, the internet didnt work all the time, but hey its a really nice place to stay for such a price

Really nice place and cheap price ! It's easy to get to zagreb tourist attractions by foot.

1. I found my bed broken, and needed to refer to the stuff for fixing it. Fortunately, it was done quickly, but the bed was still not very cosy. It was a folding bed, and the next 2 days I had back pains. 2. it would be nice to add a couple of more pans/pots and a hardboard in the 3-bed "apartment" that has a separate entrance from the street.

Priceless.. We will recommend this hostel to everyone we know that is coming to visit zagreb! Thank you Nokturno

Nice hostel just next to the main street.

Appalling hostel. Staff completely useless when asked anything, location terrible to get to when travelling with Lots of luggage, common room disgusting food, rubbish left everywhere, holes in Bed sheets, terrible smell in bathroom Booked a private room, allocated a shared room with another group, were told to "sort it out between ourselves" told them again booked private room, in middle of night someone unlocked door tried to put someone else in our room Only good thing was wifi connectivity

• 6th Aug 2014

Very good hostel. Cheap and a top location. Friendly personnel and also a good restaurant of the same owner

I absolutely loved this hostel!

We had a private appartment for three outside the main building. We had a nice kitchen, a large bedroom and a lot of storage room.The staff was kind and gave us tips about Zagreb. The thing we liked was that we were right in the middle of the action in Zagreb. We loved it!

It's one of the best choice if you stay a night in Zagreb! The staff can be quite busy since they do make sure everything is clean, but some of them are really nice and talkative. There is a restaurant just down stair with really good prices ran by the same owner. Good place for either breakfast or dinner. There is only air- conditioning in the hall way. It can be a bit warm in summer but they have a few fans you can borrow with deposit.

This is my third time in Hostel Nokturno because I love it, it's in the heart of the city and on a particularly beautiful street. The beds are comfortable and the dorms are not huge but are spacious enough. However, since I stayed there in 2009 it seems like the owners might have laid back a bit, so I have left this time a less good review. However, nothing major (the shower door has seen better days, the shower head itself was broken: not important things) so I still recommend it!

Everything was nice. It's location is center of Zagreb and cheap, but clean hostel.

Thanks , except for the party upstairs that kept me awake until 05h sunday.. the hostel is ideally located (I just wish someone had invited me to that party) near to all nightlife and centre of city, 2 stops from main train station and 5 tram stops from bus station! suggest visitors try to turn up at planned arrival time as staff may "wander" :) the restaurant downstairs has good atmosphere and a good menu selection and friendly waiters (say "hello" to "scouser Tommy" from ChRiS)

There was no staff at the reception nearly the whole week. Our "deluxe" room was in another building than the hostel so the security was not the same as the rest of the hostel. Our room wasn't clean when we arrived and it wasn't cleaned once in one week! We didn't get any towels and the sheets were not changed. But the location in the city was very good. We could reach many museums, restaurants and shops by foot.

The woman on reception was chilled the whole stay, Only a few people in the hostel and so our 8 bed dorm became our own room and I think other people had the same during their stay too. Truly located in the heart of the city and seemingly within 10-15 minutes walk of everything. Though the atmosphere was diminished through a lack of people I can't imagine it being able to cater capably to being full and comfortable but for our stay the facilities were clean and worked well.

It was low season so we were pretty much the only ones there. The street outside is quite loud, and even with the window closed it felt like the people talking were right in the room with us. The hot water was a little sketchy we had to keep turning it back on. On a positive note, the location is really great and the restaurant below has excellent food.

• 28th Sep 2013

Liked the hostel, very nice staff. But room was very dark and no real window with curtain! At night there was a bit of a noise from the reception. The walls are paper thin. I would only recommend it for young people that want to go out. The room was not comfy hard bed and just to uncomfortable.

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Denmark

We booked a 6 bed mixed dorm.the path to the apartment felt like a dungeon, the lights turn off automatically after a while even if u are walking along the path and we had to have a torch or remember where the light switches were. the room was a bit squeezy.one of the beds had a broken frame. there were partying people outside our window till the wee hours of the morning.the bathroom mirror was too high to use

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7