Hostel Nokturno Reviews

Skalinska 2a, Zagreb, Croatia

Very good hostel. Cheap and a top location. Friendly personnel and also a good restaurant of the same owner

I absolutely loved this hostel!

We had a private appartment for three outside the main building. We had a nice kitchen, a large bedroom and a lot of storage room.The staff was kind and gave us tips about Zagreb. The thing we liked was that we were right in the middle of the action in Zagreb. We loved it!

It's one of the best choice if you stay a night in Zagreb! The staff can be quite busy since they do make sure everything is clean, but some of them are really nice and talkative. There is a restaurant just down stair with really good prices ran by the same owner. Good place for either breakfast or dinner. There is only air- conditioning in the hall way. It can be a bit warm in summer but they have a few fans you can borrow with deposit.

This is my third time in Hostel Nokturno because I love it, it's in the heart of the city and on a particularly beautiful street. The beds are comfortable and the dorms are not huge but are spacious enough. However, since I stayed there in 2009 it seems like the owners might have laid back a bit, so I have left this time a less good review. However, nothing major (the shower door has seen better days, the shower head itself was broken: not important things) so I still recommend it!

Everything was nice. It's location is center of Zagreb and cheap, but clean hostel.

Thanks , except for the party upstairs that kept me awake until 05h sunday.. the hostel is ideally located (I just wish someone had invited me to that party) near to all nightlife and centre of city, 2 stops from main train station and 5 tram stops from bus station! suggest visitors try to turn up at planned arrival time as staff may "wander" :) the restaurant downstairs has good atmosphere and a good menu selection and friendly waiters (say "hello" to "scouser Tommy" from ChRiS)

There was no staff at the reception nearly the whole week. Our "deluxe" room was in another building than the hostel so the security was not the same as the rest of the hostel. Our room wasn't clean when we arrived and it wasn't cleaned once in one week! We didn't get any towels and the sheets were not changed. But the location in the city was very good. We could reach many museums, restaurants and shops by foot.

The woman on reception was chilled the whole stay, Only a few people in the hostel and so our 8 bed dorm became our own room and I think other people had the same during their stay too. Truly located in the heart of the city and seemingly within 10-15 minutes walk of everything. Though the atmosphere was diminished through a lack of people I can't imagine it being able to cater capably to being full and comfortable but for our stay the facilities were clean and worked well.

It was low season so we were pretty much the only ones there. The street outside is quite loud, and even with the window closed it felt like the people talking were right in the room with us. The hot water was a little sketchy we had to keep turning it back on. On a positive note, the location is really great and the restaurant below has excellent food.

• 28th Sep 2013

Liked the hostel, very nice staff. But room was very dark and no real window with curtain! At night there was a bit of a noise from the reception. The walls are paper thin. I would only recommend it for young people that want to go out. The room was not comfy hard bed and just to uncomfortable.

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Denmark

We booked a 6 bed mixed dorm.the path to the apartment felt like a dungeon, the lights turn off automatically after a while even if u are walking along the path and we had to have a torch or remember where the light switches were. the room was a bit squeezy.one of the beds had a broken frame. there were partying people outside our window till the wee hours of the morning.the bathroom mirror was too high to use

OK hostel, got VERY lost trying to find t, and the security was rubbish, I went back in once we'd checked out because I had forgotten something, and there was no one around and we hadn't been given a room key when we checked in so the doors were unlocked. But other than that it was a nice place to stay.

Only stayed one night in this hostel. Location is very good, close to everything, staff was friendly and the room small but clean. There is no real common room so you don't have this hostel atmosphere so much and the hot water in the shower did not work when we tried it.

Everything was top notch, nothing to complain about.

No hot water, but in general ok!

• 10th Aug 2013

Very poor beds. All the other things (shower, cleanliness) were great!

No air conditioning in the rooms makes it ridiculously hot pretty much all the time. Duvet smelled a bit musty

I was a little concerned about the front entry to the hostel being open to the street. When i walked in i felt like i'd walked into someone's house. Great staff, really helpful and kind. Great location.

It was a great hostel. We were 9 girls and all of us enjoy the stay. Thanks a lot

• 24th Jul 2013