Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Fantastic place. If you are the type who wants a place free of drunks, with loads of advice on travel options and local tips, then stay here. The owner and manager, Robert, is particularly helpful. Excellent value for money - they do not skim off money for tuk tuk bookings, for example. And you get 1kg free laundry that is done on the same day! Basically, if you stay anywhere else, its probably going to be inferior.

• 8th Jan 2015

For the price of this hostel it was pretty good. It's a short walk to the backpacking hub so it's a bit quieter. The staff were helpful and the breakfast is really good! We also got free laundry done for staying more than one night!

The staff are great- Robert emailed us before we arrived to give us tips, a map etc. He was also excellent at helping organize tours etc once in Phnom Penh. There were lockers and fans for each bed. The bus we booked from here to go to Ho Chi Minh City was a little dodgy but that was hardly his fault and it was cheap.

• 7th Jan 2015

Cheap and cheerful. Nice atmosphere, good location and friendly staff.

Great stay at this hostel. Robert is extremely conscientious and gives some amazing advice. I would recommend this hostel to both groups and solo travellers as it is quite safe and friendly. The food is yummy and Robert worked hard to give us what we wanted, including running out to the supermarket to get more eggs!

Mattresses on the floor which was different but fine, still as comfortable as a bunk bed. Everyone has a locker with a charging point inside it which was awesome. Very helpful in organising tuk tuk to Killing Fields/Genocide Museum and giving advice where to go and where to eat etc.

Excellent small hostel for $4.5/night. Second time I stayed here and I would stay again. It's got all you need and the location is away from the touristy riverside. Robert (I think that's his name) & his wife Nary are excellent help with everything about Phnom Penh and Cambodia.

Really enjoyed my stay. Being picked up at the airport was definitely a plus. Robert was super helpful and made it easy too arrange bus tickets and activities around Phnom Penh.

It`s my second time in Hostel Nomads and definitely not my last! The first impression might be one of a quiet and decent hostel , but once you spent not even five minutes there you realize how communal and relaxed this hostel is! Robert and Nari are always there to give informations and open for a chat. The rooms are clean and comfortable , the lockers the best I came across yet ( poweroutlets inside if them!). The surrounding area is a goid start for Phnom Penh firts-timers !

Great staff! Very helpful and friendly! Easy to meet people with the tables and chairs inside and out near the entrance. Only stayed one night but definitely recommend :)

Nice place. Owners were very friendly. Clean, but bed bugs really need to be taken care of. Simply cleaning won't wipe them out. Bathrooms could be better cleaned and throughout the day. Everything was nice otherwise!

Unfortunately, we can't control unwanted visitors that are brought into the hostel. We do act swiftly to eradicate any problems and the room is steam cleaned to kill bugs and any eggs. The bathrooms are cleaned twice a day but in a dorm they are in constant use and our cleaners do monitor them in case they require an extra clean.

Nice hostel, staff are a bit frantic but well-meaning. Clean, big bathrooms, lockers are outside of the dorm but that's not a problem. Not a bad place to stay.

Really nice place and a lovely couple running it. Stayed in the 4 bed air con dorm which was worth it as it was so hot. The hot coffee with sweet milk was amazing!! Very good value for money and not far to walk from the restaurants, bank, markets or to have a walk around the city. The toilets could do with some soap in them but very minor point. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Phnom Penh.

Great atmosphere & nice people. Staff gave very helpful advice. Thanks a lot!

Good hostel, In a Google location close to the riverside. My girlfriend and I like to run, and there was a nice 1.5km stretch along the waterfround, 5 mins walk from the hostel. Beer and food available downstairs, as well as lockers, information and clean rooms. A nice easy place to slay.

• 24th Nov 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. Robert and his wife were incredibly helpful and full of information about Phnom Penh and Cambodia. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Great value for money. Excellent hostel run by one of the most friendly owner I've seen. Robert is very helpful and has tons of good advises. He tends to talk a lot, but you better listen what he has to say! I stayed 5 days, first in a 4 beds dorm and then in a 6 beds dorm. Both were very clean, with proper A/C and comfortable beds. The common area is perfect to socialize and the atmosphere was really good. This is not a party hostel but rather a perfect place for travelers that like to mingle.

We stayed three amazing days in Nomads. The staffs are just great, super helpful and fun. The hostel is close to everything you need like restaurants, pubs, night market. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing, not only the staffs, but it looks that everyone who goes there must be extremely friendly Hahahahhaha Great place to stay. We even end up getting together with more people and changed our plans just to be with them. Highly recommend to stay there

Nice Hostel. The staff is really nice and helpful. It's a little far from the Royal Palace, but the location is not bad. I'd recommend it!

Good location, a short walk from the river and a market. The hostel's facilitie and rooms were about average, nothing special, but what really made this stay memorable was the extremely helpful staff. The owner is very knowledgable about the city and area and is ready and willing to help travelers out. He also arranged for a trusted tuk-tuk to pick us up at the bus station, to ensure we didn't get ripped off. Small common area, but they did serve some good breakfasts, and beer on tap.

• 19th Nov 2014