Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Decent dorms for our night stay. The hostel also provides very useful information on scams and guide prices for travelling to killing fields etc so that you don't get ripped off. Bus we were sold to Sihanoukville had a stop for a while at Kampot when we were told it was a bus straight there. Was possibly a bit pricey too.

stayed in this great hostel 2 days longer than i intended to. rob and his wife nari (?) try very hard to make everyone happy. downstairs there is a meeting area with great cheap drinks and food. though i am a bit older than the usual backpacker i still enjoyed my dorm experience. wifi works wonderful, and the place is kept spotless. also for everyday you stay there is 1 kg of free laundry. fully recommended.....

• 25th Aug 2015

It's not a place I'd recommend to my friends. Few mattresses on the floor in the dorm room. Dodgy location of the hostel. The good thing about the place is the price. But - if they ask you for the key deposit - make sure they'd give it back to you. I was sure they had asked me for a key deposit but while checking out the guy told me they never asked for that (to make sure I even asked few travellers on trip advisor and they all confirmed that they paid the bond).

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Staff were amazing and all so friendly. Were great with organising trips and further travel. Would recommend to all.

Good lockers, helpful stuff. I liked the dorm with mattresses on the ground and mosquito net. Very good towels and location is ok. Would recommend it as a good budget hostel.

Nomads is good value for money however the owner is extremely rude. On arrival we found him to be very arrogant and at check out we found him to be very rude! I wouldn't stay here again. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms too. Showers are always cold and you always have to ask for the toilet paper and there's hardly ever any in the loo! I couldn't find many other tourists in the area and the hostel was pretty dead. You could definitely find a better located one for a similar price like we did

Well we did ask you to vacate your room 4 hours after check out time as we had people checked in and waiting for it to be cleaned. I thought we were very accommodating with you there but seems that makes me rude. Also you appear to be more of the party hostel type and maybe in future you will select your hostel on type rather than price. As for *dead* our guests are way too busy exploring the city both day and evening to be sitting around... though we do get some who come here to relax in peace.

Staff happy to give advice. Good location in a quiet part of the city but with everything still accessible. I got a really good priced dorm as I went with the no frills option of mattress, mosquito net and fan. It was still comfortable. The hostel also offers 1kg of laundry for freeas well which is a bonus!

One of our favourite hostels so far on our trip. Robert and his wife are so lovely and welcoming and know everything there is to know about Phnom Penh. The hostel has tuk tuk drivers waiting outside with a fixed price to the killing fields and S21 which was good value. My only complaint would be the lack of toilet paper and soap in the toilet but apart from that, rooms were comfortable and a good temperature.

• 31st Jul 2015

Could not have been better. Robert and his wife were incredible hosts. It felt more like a homestay than a hostel, so welcoming and friendly. They went above and beyond for anyone. The world needs more Roberts.

Hostel owner was amazing, very friendly. The wifi doesn't really work in the rooms. Otherwise, a very good hostel in Phnom Penh.

Not as good value as expected. The staff were helpful but I was not liking cold showers at no point was there a choice of hot available!

very good Wi-Fi, clean, helpful, the Robert guy has an lot of positive energy and they can provide you a lot of information.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful, does good and easy breakfast. A chilled out atmosphere.

Pretty basic- a comfy mattress on the floor with a mosquito net. But for $3.50 a night it is very good value for money and spotlessly clean as well.

• 19th Jun 2015

Very simple hostel, mattress on the floor, mosquito nets and individual fans, but very comfortable still - also powerpoints next to the beds. Small lockers are provided out of the room for valuables. Robert was extremely helpful, very easy to talk to and can give you tips and advice for seemingly anything. Location was alright, short walk to the riverfront and plenty of restaurants - local and foreign cuisines.

I missed better pillows and a shelf or something to put my staff near to me appart from the floor

Absolutely great hostel and exactly what I was looking for. Facilities are very basic but you will have everything you need: bed, fan, shower, locker and beer. :) People working there are great and always up for a chat. Overall I really enjoyed it there and stayed way longer than planned. Free 1kg laundry a day and free pickup on arrival and beer glasses that come out of the fridge so the beer stays cooler longer are just some of the little things that make this hostel a unique and great place!

Hostel Nomads was a pleasant but slightly random place to stay. The owner and his mother were really kind, but the hostel was mostly quiet while I was there. The location is a little out of the way - easy walk to the night market and riverfront, farther from most sights. I stayed in the cheapest dorm room, and it was very basic but reasonably comfortable - mattresses on the floor, fans, mosquito netting. Clean, friendly, and cheap, but next time I might look for something closer and more social.

Very nice and quiet hostel close to the river and market. Owner and staff are really friendly and helpful. Dorm is just mattresses on the floor but they provide individual fan and mosquito net. It's great value for money.

Good location only a couple minutes from the river. Robert is super helpful and is full of information. Super clean, lockers with chargers in them, beds on the floor with a personal mosquito net and fan so you don't get too hot. They do a good English breakfast and have beer on tap for 75cents a glass, we drank at the bar each night we were there and had a blast. Lots of good local food in the area too. You also get a free kilo of laundry which is awesome!