Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice hostel with lots of info located close to the riverfront. Locker wasn't big enough to fit either of my bags, but the security of the place in general seemed pretty good.

We arrived to this hostel having booked a 7 bed mixed dorm and what we found turned out to be a 12 matresses on the floor dormitory without air conditioning but noisy fans. It was quite shocking when the owner of the hostel charged money for hot water to prepare instant noodles, he was kind though letting us have a shower for free...

The fan dorm you booked had 1 extra bed as a guest had a friend who wanted to stay in the same room. So we put 1 extra bed down. When you book a fan dorm why would you be upset when it is a fan dorm and not A/C?? Also you purchased an item from the menu and now seem to be complaining that that item wasn't free?? Hot water is on the menu at 25cents as people want it for their noodles just like you did (comes in a bowl with chopsticks, spoon and a fork)

Good location, really informative kind owner and a puppy. Perfect

Ideal place, did the job for one night stopover as I needed. Helpful staff.

I cannot say enough about the perfect experience I had at Nomads. The staff was unbelievably helpful -- letting me in at midnight, arranging the easiest tuk-tuk ride from airport to hostel, booking buses the next morning, and generally offering any and all information needed to navigate Cambodia. WONDERFUL place! So clean comfortable, friendly, knowledgeable. I slept like a baby! Perfection.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Interesting setup with the beds on the floor. Very informative owner.

This is a really well thought out hostel that gets many of the little things right. There is a plug in the locker to charge your phone or laptop and you get a days worth of laundry done for free every day you are there. Robert is a really helpful guy who is happy to share tips and suggestions about Cambodia. I definitely recommend spending the extra dollar or whatever it is on the ac rooms which are much nicer than the fan rooms. My only complaint about this place is the overpriced food.

This hostel wasn't quite as close to everything as I was expecting. They don't have soap in the bathrooms and there was rarely any toilet paper. There was a little incident with my tuk-tuk pick-up as well, so I learned I should be pleasantly surprised if they come. The owner is very knowledgeable about the area and is full of ideas and recommendations, though he does tend to prattle on a bit. Be aware-some of the pricing info on the board is outdated (for the museums, etc)

Was a very good stay. And the owner was a nice and helpful person. There was an error with the booking and for the first night he took us personally to a guest house that he trusted. Very good place.

You get what you would expect from a Nomads! Very nice, helpful staff.

The hostel is in a really good location in Phnom Penh. The Dorms are basic, but they have everything you need to be comfortable. The owner, Robert, is an incredibly friendly englishman and a great source of information about Phnom Penh and Cambodian culture in general. I had a great time staying here and would highly recommend Nomads to anybody going through Phnom Penh.

Staff is great

Really good experience here! Clean place good staff and a great location. Robert talks too much but whatever. The lady in the kitchen cut up my dragon fruit for me and gave me a bowl to eat it out of.

The owner English man who was extremely helpful gave us future travelling plans and warned us about the usual local scams, breakfast was a little expensive but also gorgeous real beans!!

Robert is truly a charming fellow and so is his mom whom I spent quite a time with while there. More about the hostel though- very barebones and practical. Beds were not beds, but matresses with fans adjacent to them with bug nets surrounding them. Showers had two settings: cold and colder but that was welcomed after a long day. Internet never held, so don't rely on it. Overall a solid place. Robert is also the best middleman for bus services to many destinations, so use his services offered.

the biggest benefit to staying here is Robert and his local knowledge and contacts.

The cleaness hostel i been in cambodian..

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Nomads is a nice, simple hostel that had everything I needed. The owners Robert and Naree are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and linen and laundry (1kg) are free. The hostel is slightly north of the main tourist areas, so it's pretty quiet and not a real party place, but I liked that atmosphere, and it was very easy to get around. The beds are great value - the fan dorms are fine - and it's a nice, comfortable place to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 10th Jul 2014

As older hostelers, this place was a dream. It was for information and great sleeping, not for partying, though opportunities for drinking were close by. Great to have an Englishman (and his Mom) as host.

Overall a great stay. Has a lot of useful information for tourists and Rob was very well placed to give advice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3