Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is truly a get-what-you-pay-for experience. The hostel is pretty bare and your sleeping quarters are thin mattresses directly on the floor. The owner was very helpful but sort of prickly and was not initially friendly to us at all. However, the food was good and the free pickup from the bus was a plus. No frills at all and very bare bones, but for $3? You decide.

Fantastic hostel. Robert is extremely helpful. Thanks!

I booked a seven bed dorm and ended up in a dorm with ten matresses! I only stayed one night here so it was okay but I would never stay longer. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Had a very pleasant 4 night stay here. Robert was extremely helpful giving us tons of info about the area as well as helping us arrange a tuk tuk and bus tickets to Siem Reap. The 4 bed dorm we stayed in was clean and quiet. The lockers also added peace of mind. My only minor complaints are that the shower on the middle floor never heated up, and toilet paper was often lacking. The puppy at the front barks a lot but mostly because he needs to get out more. Definitely recommended.

Great location, Great staff and great price.

Very helpful in planning trips, they know a lot about the places around. The food is good and the prices are fair.

The facilities aren't amazing (but when you're paying $3.5 a night you can't complain). That said, the owner is an interesting character and very helpful -- teed up a next day visa for Vietnam and a good bus service there.

brilliantly ran hostel, central Phnom Penh just a short walk from central market/the riverfront. staff are amazing, definitely recommend.

Well this was the first hostel i landed in on my trip, and boy, was i delighted. After getting picked up from the airport, i was greeted by the host, Robert. A backpacker himself he helped me plan my itinerary for the day. My 6 dorm room was neat and tidy, and my locker was big enough to fit in my laptop bag! My room didn't have a nice view, but right outside you'll see a colony of bats, which is a pleasing site too! Highly recommend this place!

A basic hostel that has an amazing host. Hostel was decent and really clean. The owner, Robert, was really friendly and elpful. He knows a lot and is always available to help. I wish they had bigger lockers where i can put my bag though.but they make up for this by giving away free 1kg laundry.

Good location near the Quay. Owners are quite helpful and there is free laundry! Lots of tips and recommendations posted all over the wall. It's off-season so the hostel was pretty quiet, but it was nice being able to get a good night's sleep in an almost empty room!

Great staff, conveniently located.

Nice hostel with lots of info located close to the riverfront. Locker wasn't big enough to fit either of my bags, but the security of the place in general seemed pretty good.

We arrived to this hostel having booked a 7 bed mixed dorm and what we found turned out to be a 12 matresses on the floor dormitory without air conditioning but noisy fans. It was quite shocking when the owner of the hostel charged money for hot water to prepare instant noodles, he was kind though letting us have a shower for free...

The fan dorm you booked had 1 extra bed as a guest had a friend who wanted to stay in the same room. So we put 1 extra bed down. When you book a fan dorm why would you be upset when it is a fan dorm and not A/C?? Also you purchased an item from the menu and now seem to be complaining that that item wasn't free?? Hot water is on the menu at 25cents as people want it for their noodles just like you did (comes in a bowl with chopsticks, spoon and a fork)

Good location, really informative kind owner and a puppy. Perfect

Ideal place, did the job for one night stopover as I needed. Helpful staff.

I cannot say enough about the perfect experience I had at Nomads. The staff was unbelievably helpful -- letting me in at midnight, arranging the easiest tuk-tuk ride from airport to hostel, booking buses the next morning, and generally offering any and all information needed to navigate Cambodia. WONDERFUL place! So clean comfortable, friendly, knowledgeable. I slept like a baby! Perfection.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Interesting setup with the beds on the floor. Very informative owner.

This is a really well thought out hostel that gets many of the little things right. There is a plug in the locker to charge your phone or laptop and you get a days worth of laundry done for free every day you are there. Robert is a really helpful guy who is happy to share tips and suggestions about Cambodia. I definitely recommend spending the extra dollar or whatever it is on the ac rooms which are much nicer than the fan rooms. My only complaint about this place is the overpriced food.

This hostel wasn't quite as close to everything as I was expecting. They don't have soap in the bathrooms and there was rarely any toilet paper. There was a little incident with my tuk-tuk pick-up as well, so I learned I should be pleasantly surprised if they come. The owner is very knowledgeable about the area and is full of ideas and recommendations, though he does tend to prattle on a bit. Be aware-some of the pricing info on the board is outdated (for the museums, etc)

« first « Prev 1 2 3