Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Was a very good stay. And the owner was a nice and helpful person. There was an error with the booking and for the first night he took us personally to a guest house that he trusted. Very good place.

You get what you would expect from a Nomads! Very nice, helpful staff.

Staff is great

Really good experience here! Clean place good staff and a great location. Robert talks too much but whatever. The lady in the kitchen cut up my dragon fruit for me and gave me a bowl to eat it out of.

The owner English man who was extremely helpful gave us future travelling plans and warned us about the usual local scams, breakfast was a little expensive but also gorgeous real beans!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Robert is truly a charming fellow and so is his mom whom I spent quite a time with while there. More about the hostel though- very barebones and practical. Beds were not beds, but matresses with fans adjacent to them with bug nets surrounding them. Showers had two settings: cold and colder but that was welcomed after a long day. Internet never held, so don't rely on it. Overall a solid place. Robert is also the best middleman for bus services to many destinations, so use his services offered.

the biggest benefit to staying here is Robert and his local knowledge and contacts.

The cleaness hostel i been in cambodian..

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

As older hostelers, this place was a dream. It was for information and great sleeping, not for partying, though opportunities for drinking were close by. Great to have an Englishman (and his Mom) as host.

Overall a great stay. Has a lot of useful information for tourists and Rob was very well placed to give advice.

Robert and Brenda were great - the most basic room is just mattresses on the ground though so would definitely recommend the few dollars upgrade. We stayed in the AC room which was fine. Robert arranged for us to share a tuk tuk with two others at the hostel going to the killing fields and s21 to lower the price which was good. They also took us out ($10) for an authentic Cambodian meal included fermented fish and bbq'd frog which was interesting and also social.

Very very nice staff, helped a lot! Recommend!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • China

Immediately after booking the hostel , I got an email from Rob giving instructions for Nomads. I called him and he could help out with a tuk-tuk for airport pick-up, that was quick and efficient. It was a great time at Nomads hostel, the lady (Rob's wife) at front desk was very kind enough to help me and find out a bus for Angor Wat. I happen to cancel my bus ticket and they were courteous to get that cancelled and return the money. Fabulous and generous staff !!!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • India

This is great hostel to stay in the city. The owner is very friendly but talks for England so he will help you with anything and everything and will tell you a lot more than you will ever need. Breakfast is good. The location is pretty rough opposite some homeless area which is quite scary but the rooms do the job and are clean.

A great hostel. Very clean and well run. Rob is very friendly and helpful, answered all our little questions. Organised a bus to Siem Reap and gave us excellent advice. A quiet hostel with a small area at the front for socialising. Free laundry service too!

Quirky and interesting owner! Awesome place to stay!!

• 11th Jun 2014

You're not the first person to use the term "quirky" lol. Remember .. Old BackPackers never die... they just buy a Hostel :)

This place is really great for its location, very close to riverfront.

Best hostel I've ever been to, mainly down to the experience and personality of Rob the owner. He knows what travellers are looking for, has all the info you could ever want, handy tips on the local area and is a really nice guy. If anything does happen to go wrong for you he will be able to help you out. Very clean and secure hostel. Good facilities, everything as described in the info with good tour packages on offer too. Great hostel, I've recommended it to everyone I know heading that way!

First of all: staff is amazing! The british owner is so helpful and nice and always good for a chat. Rooms and bathroom are incredible clean! Lockersufor everyone and a security guard in the front of the house. Everything you need is in walking distance (pubs, restaurants, riverside,..) Ii's not a party hostel, but for me it was perfect, met some nice people there. Really enjoyed my stay!!!

Thanks for the lovely review. I will pass on the compliment to our cleaners.

Robert is fantastic and is very helpful with information. Everything is always very clean and I love the charging ports in the lockers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3