Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Very nice and quiet hostel close to the river and market. Owner and staff are really friendly and helpful. Dorm is just mattresses on the floor but they provide individual fan and mosquito net. It's great value for money.

Staff were friendly and helpful, the owner Robert was full of advice and helped us with our onward bookings. Our 4 bed dorm was cool, dark and clean, 4 bathrooms to share for everyone so avoid busy times. Fair rates for a tuk-tuk tour to the Killing Fields and S-21. Nice atmosphere and reasonable rates in the bar, good place to meet other travellers. And the puppy is adorable!

Very barebones, but it's a roof over your head at night and that's what counts. Very friendly staff and good for conversation and information. Didn't get the AC room, but the fans in the fan room are definitely adequate for sleeping. Super close to the night market and old market (easy access to street food). Would definitely stay again.

Great value for money, extremely helpful staff.

Robert's mum Brenda checked us in - what a lovely lady!! She was chatty and welcoming and really made us feel at home! We were in the big 8 bed dorm which has mattresses on the floor and a fan/mosquito net per bed. Mattresses were very comfy and no squeaky bunks! The food was really good, little bit expensive but that's normal for hostel food AND it was western - awesome full English! Robert and Narey were helpful & friendly, full of info about everything! All in all, very comfortable stay!! :)

• 2nd May 2015

Stayed in a four bed dorm with an air con, definitely recommend, although bunk is very squeaky. Best internet we've had so far, loved the free washing service and cheap drinks. Great advice and assistance with both tours and transfers. Pick up from the airport was very helpful!

I've stayed there for 4 days and I've spent a great time! The staff is super friendly and helpful, the room with aircon is big and very quiet (no window), the bathrooms super clean and you can chill in the reception

excellent location !! 5 mins walk from the river. 3 mins walk away from locate markets, restaurant, bar and street food!

Hostel was fine, other guests were great. Staff was either rude or disconnected, honestly it seems as if the owner is in over his head running the place, or that his heart isn't in it anymore. All the other guests we spoke to agreed. Also, we were promised free laundry but their laundry lady had quit because of Chinese New Year and we were offered no further explanation or compensation. Disappointing stay after the good reviews we had read.

Easy access to temples and markets, helpful staff. Not really much of a social atmosphere, but good to just chill before moving on to Siem Reap. I stayed here and Dolphin Hostel while in Phnom Penh and preferred the other just because it was closer to the restaurants and river and attractions, but both were good hostels.

Staff are very helpfull. Cheapest dorm room is very comfortable and every bed has its own fan so it's nice and cool. Plenty of bathrooms and all very clean. Easy walking distance down to the riverfront.

Good location and felt safe here despite Phnom Penh being a dodgy area. The staff are helpful but food and drinks are quite pricy here. This is definitely not the most sociable hostel but met some nice people.

Great staff! Happy and informative. Really liked this hostel!

One of my favourite hostels over the last month. Rob was the guy in the know and helped not only me, but my friend who was staying at a different hostel when she needed advice on medical care for foreigners in Phnom Penh. I stayed an extra 2 nights and met so many like minded people. A nice relaxed atmosphere.

Very basic hostel. The room I stayed in had air conditioning.. but no windows and thus tended to get quite stuffy. The worst however.. were the beds. They creaked even at the slightest of movement. Now multiply that by 6 people staying in the same room. All night long, whoever moved.. there was terrible and loud creaking noises. Also the pillows were as good as a cloth being folded several times. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Owner seemed miserable living in Phnom Penh, yelled at his wife, criticized Cambodians for not speaking English. Beds were super creaky or just mattresses on the floor. Wifi was good downstairs but weak in the rooms on the top floor if you could even get it to work up there. Clean bathrooms and rooms though. A bit out of the way compared to the rest of the hostels and still around the same price.

I am struggling to understand how every other review speaks very highly of myself, my staff and the wifi yet you appear to have come to an alternate Nomads Hostel. It didn't stop you extending your stay for an extra night though. Oh and I often remark to guests how proud I am of my wifes ability to speak 4 languages fluently and I chastise myself for not being able to master Khmer.

Great staff, good food, great location and free laundry! Small and everybody is friendly

Really good service for the price, people there are nice. Robert is helpful with the people i felt good there. The only thing was that i bought a bus ticket in the hostel to travel to Siem Reap from there and i was robbed. I send an email but i didn't receive any response about it.

Cool Hostel, stayed there 2 times. One time in a Small AC-Dorm and other time in an open Fan-Dorm. Liked Fan-Dorm best. Each matress has it's own Fan and Moscito Net.

Fantastic place. If you are the type who wants a place free of drunks, with loads of advice on travel options and local tips, then stay here. The owner and manager, Robert, is particularly helpful. Excellent value for money - they do not skim off money for tuk tuk bookings, for example. And you get 1kg free laundry that is done on the same day! Basically, if you stay anywhere else, its probably going to be inferior.

• 8th Jan 2015