Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel, going through renovations but still good. Wifi was great with good coverage and speeds even when busy. Rooms were clean and aircon worked well keeping rooms at a very comfortable temperature. Owner Rob was very knowledgeable and information signs had been completed the day before we left and these look great, simple lay out but full of information. Def recommend staying here.

When I got in Nomads, the renovation of the hostel was still going on. Therefore, a lot of the facilities were not available, like a common room, the bar, the restaurant and also no book exchange. You meet people on the staircase between the first and second floor, where everyone tries to get wifi, but a common room would be more comfortable. Other than that, it is a nice place and the owners are friendly. When the construction is over, I'm sure it's a good place to stay.

We had the bar/reception area redecorated but thankfully the Hostel is now all back to normal. Unfortunately a big festival in Phnom Penh meant it took longer than we had planned and some bookings had come in before we could take the beds offline. But we now have a nice new, shiny bar, reception and restaurant area!

Very nice place with lovely owners-crossing my fincers for quick finish of renovatiin!!!!

And your wish has been granted!! all done... cold beer on tap, Nary has a whole new daytime & evening menu too. Lots more information on everything Cambodia ... we look forward to seeing you when you are back in Phnom Penh :)

It is hard to review this place because it was under HEAVY construction when we arrived...so it really should't have been renting rooms. Good location, though, and the owner is knowledgeable. Beds were comfy but they were just mattresses on the floor. Mosquito nets were provided, as there were a fair amount in the (non-AC) room. Lockers available, and you can charge your gear in them whilst they are locked- helpful. Staff lost a bunch of our laundry, though.

Had bad luck because visited the place during renovation (eg. no common area) so can't say nothing about atmospere which wasn't at all. Good thing would be mentionig that on hoostelworld I think. But owner was helpful. Also great is free loundry (1kg per day). In general very OK

I highly recommend this hostel. The staff were very friendly and also full of information about the city, the country and the sights and sounds. The staff will help you arrange anything you need. They have several tuk-tuks out front with honest drivers, and they make sure that the buses that you take are from companies that haven't had troubles or difficulties. They'll let you know what to be wary about in Phnom Penh. Food is cheap there, rooms are cheap. It's a place perfect for backpackers!

The owner and his wife were incredibly knowledgeable about the city, and helped us book tours of the Killing Fields and S-21 using the hostel's own tuk tuk driver. Very reasonably priced. Must mention the wifi - best speed I've ever seen in a hostel! Also, the free laundry each day was a huge bonus for us.

Location of this hostel is great, walking distance from Riverside and market streets. There aren't any convenience stores near the hostel so you have to go few streets down the road. The staff are helpful in giving you directions and advice and I really appreciated that. For example the guy said not to carry around a bag, because snatch thieving is very common in the area especially at night.

Excellent place to stay. Ask for advice from Robert because it will help you. I stayed in an a/c room with 4 beds and highly recommend choosing that. You will be happy to have a refuge from the heat. Location is fine once you get your bearings. Take tuk tusk to start. I would easily stay again.

We loved our stay at Hotel Nomads! It is definitely a budget accommodation but it had everything that we needed. The four bed AC room was great. Their food was good and reasonably priced as well. Most importantly, the owner and his wife were so friendly and helpful. We were so glad we started our trip in Cambodia here because they had so many helpful tips. They even helped set up bus tickets to our next destination. We would definitely stay there again!

This is truly a get-what-you-pay-for experience. The hostel is pretty bare and your sleeping quarters are thin mattresses directly on the floor. The owner was very helpful but sort of prickly and was not initially friendly to us at all. However, the food was good and the free pickup from the bus was a plus. No frills at all and very bare bones, but for $3? You decide.

Good hostel recommended owner is very Helpful

• 22nd Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel. Robert is extremely helpful. Thanks!

I booked a seven bed dorm and ended up in a dorm with ten matresses! I only stayed one night here so it was okay but I would never stay longer. Staff was friendly and helpful.

We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations as a Backpacker Hostel. The night in question we did have to cope with a group who had to re-checkin in the evening as their Visa's were not in order for a land crossing. We tried to speak to as many guests as possible to explain the situation as sometimes peoples plans do not go as expected and at Nomads we like to help when that happens.

Had a very pleasant 4 night stay here. Robert was extremely helpful giving us tons of info about the area as well as helping us arrange a tuk tuk and bus tickets to Siem Reap. The 4 bed dorm we stayed in was clean and quiet. The lockers also added peace of mind. My only minor complaints are that the shower on the middle floor never heated up, and toilet paper was often lacking. The puppy at the front barks a lot but mostly because he needs to get out more. Definitely recommended.

Great location, Great staff and great price.

Very helpful in planning trips, they know a lot about the places around. The food is good and the prices are fair.

The facilities aren't amazing (but when you're paying $3.5 a night you can't complain). That said, the owner is an interesting character and very helpful -- teed up a next day visa for Vietnam and a good bus service there.

brilliantly ran hostel, central Phnom Penh just a short walk from central market/the riverfront. staff are amazing, definitely recommend.

Well this was the first hostel i landed in on my trip, and boy, was i delighted. After getting picked up from the airport, i was greeted by the host, Robert. A backpacker himself he helped me plan my itinerary for the day. My 6 dorm room was neat and tidy, and my locker was big enough to fit in my laptop bag! My room didn't have a nice view, but right outside you'll see a colony of bats, which is a pleasing site too! Highly recommend this place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3