Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Hostel was fine, other guests were great. Staff was either rude or disconnected, honestly it seems as if the owner is in over his head running the place, or that his heart isn't in it anymore. All the other guests we spoke to agreed. Also, we were promised free laundry but their laundry lady had quit because of Chinese New Year and we were offered no further explanation or compensation. Disappointing stay after the good reviews we had read.

Staff are very helpfull. Cheapest dorm room is very comfortable and every bed has its own fan so it's nice and cool. Plenty of bathrooms and all very clean. Easy walking distance down to the riverfront.

Good location and felt safe here despite Phnom Penh being a dodgy area. The staff are helpful but food and drinks are quite pricy here. This is definitely not the most sociable hostel but met some nice people.

Great staff! Happy and informative. Really liked this hostel!

One of my favourite hostels over the last month. Rob was the guy in the know and helped not only me, but my friend who was staying at a different hostel when she needed advice on medical care for foreigners in Phnom Penh. I stayed an extra 2 nights and met so many like minded people. A nice relaxed atmosphere.

Very basic hostel. The room I stayed in had air conditioning.. but no windows and thus tended to get quite stuffy. The worst however.. were the beds. They creaked even at the slightest of movement. Now multiply that by 6 people staying in the same room. All night long, whoever moved.. there was terrible and loud creaking noises. Also the pillows were as good as a cloth being folded several times. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Owner seemed miserable living in Phnom Penh, yelled at his wife, criticized Cambodians for not speaking English. Beds were super creaky or just mattresses on the floor. Wifi was good downstairs but weak in the rooms on the top floor if you could even get it to work up there. Clean bathrooms and rooms though. A bit out of the way compared to the rest of the hostels and still around the same price.

I am struggling to understand how every other review speaks very highly of myself, my staff and the wifi yet you appear to have come to an alternate Nomads Hostel. It didn't stop you extending your stay for an extra night though. Oh and I often remark to guests how proud I am of my wifes ability to speak 4 languages fluently and I chastise myself for not being able to master Khmer.

Great staff, good food, great location and free laundry! Small and everybody is friendly

• 22nd Jan 2015

Really good service for the price, people there are nice. Robert is helpful with the people i felt good there. The only thing was that i bought a bus ticket in the hostel to travel to Siem Reap from there and i was robbed. I send an email but i didn't receive any response about it.

Cool Hostel, stayed there 2 times. One time in a Small AC-Dorm and other time in an open Fan-Dorm. Liked Fan-Dorm best. Each matress has it's own Fan and Moscito Net.

Fantastic place. If you are the type who wants a place free of drunks, with loads of advice on travel options and local tips, then stay here. The owner and manager, Robert, is particularly helpful. Excellent value for money - they do not skim off money for tuk tuk bookings, for example. And you get 1kg free laundry that is done on the same day! Basically, if you stay anywhere else, its probably going to be inferior.

• 8th Jan 2015

For the price of this hostel it was pretty good. It's a short walk to the backpacking hub so it's a bit quieter. The staff were helpful and the breakfast is really good! We also got free laundry done for staying more than one night!

The staff are great- Robert emailed us before we arrived to give us tips, a map etc. He was also excellent at helping organize tours etc once in Phnom Penh. There were lockers and fans for each bed. The bus we booked from here to go to Ho Chi Minh City was a little dodgy but that was hardly his fault and it was cheap.

• 7th Jan 2015

Cheap and cheerful. Nice atmosphere, good location and friendly staff.

Great stay at this hostel. Robert is extremely conscientious and gives some amazing advice. I would recommend this hostel to both groups and solo travellers as it is quite safe and friendly. The food is yummy and Robert worked hard to give us what we wanted, including running out to the supermarket to get more eggs!

Mattresses on the floor which was different but fine, still as comfortable as a bunk bed. Everyone has a locker with a charging point inside it which was awesome. Very helpful in organising tuk tuk to Killing Fields/Genocide Museum and giving advice where to go and where to eat etc.

Excellent small hostel for $4.5/night. Second time I stayed here and I would stay again. It's got all you need and the location is away from the touristy riverside. Robert (I think that's his name) & his wife Nary are excellent help with everything about Phnom Penh and Cambodia.

Really enjoyed my stay. Being picked up at the airport was definitely a plus. Robert was super helpful and made it easy too arrange bus tickets and activities around Phnom Penh.

It`s my second time in Hostel Nomads and definitely not my last! The first impression might be one of a quiet and decent hostel , but once you spent not even five minutes there you realize how communal and relaxed this hostel is! Robert and Nari are always there to give informations and open for a chat. The rooms are clean and comfortable , the lockers the best I came across yet ( poweroutlets inside if them!). The surrounding area is a goid start for Phnom Penh firts-timers !

Great staff! Very helpful and friendly! Easy to meet people with the tables and chairs inside and out near the entrance. Only stayed one night but definitely recommend :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3