Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The hostel was really good value for money, staff were nice, free laundry was great. Could have been a few more showers, just one on a floor of a lot of people meant there was usually a cue around dinner. Could use some small lights in the air con room too, so people don't have to wake everyone up when they get up early.

Thanks for the nice review. We are waiting for a quiet spell so we can actually install some small bedside lights in the A/C dorms. Shower/toilets .. there is only 1 on that floor but there are 2 on the next floor up and 1 below. Maybe that was me not informing you where the extra showers were and if that was the case I do apologize.

Great place, super friendly and helpful staff. They're knowledgable about traveling the area which helped a lot. Great place to crash for a few nights in PP.

We had a generally good experience here . Good points: clean, owner and staff friendly and able to provide info and book travel. Nice bar area . Food is western only by design , we liked this option and had several decent meals. Bad points: our dorm was windowless therefore lacked ventilation and not too our taste. Draft beer was generally slightly flat. Overall nice place , we'll run and relaxing hassle free stay .

Very good hostel for a great price. Staff very helpful. Clean and a good location. Information on boards in reception about the rest of Cambodia was very helpful too.

I slept in a four person, air conditioned room without windows. Since I was only sleeping there, it was great as it was quiet. ONLY hostel I've ever been to that has power points inside the valuables locker -brilliant!! Nice atmosphere is conducive to meeting other travelers. Food, beer, cocktails are all available. Host Robert is a wealth of useful information and made my visit even better. Locks and towels provided. I extended a day and would return if again in Phnom Penh!

Good value for money and good location.

Decent dorms for our night stay. The hostel also provides very useful information on scams and guide prices for travelling to killing fields etc so that you don't get ripped off. Bus we were sold to Sihanoukville had a stop for a while at Kampot when we were told it was a bus straight there. Was possibly a bit pricey too.

stayed in this great hostel 2 days longer than i intended to. rob and his wife nari (?) try very hard to make everyone happy. downstairs there is a meeting area with great cheap drinks and food. though i am a bit older than the usual backpacker i still enjoyed my dorm experience. wifi works wonderful, and the place is kept spotless. also for everyday you stay there is 1 kg of free laundry. fully recommended.....

• 25th Aug 2015

Staff were amazing and all so friendly. Were great with organising trips and further travel. Would recommend to all.

Good lockers, helpful stuff. I liked the dorm with mattresses on the ground and mosquito net. Very good towels and location is ok. Would recommend it as a good budget hostel.

Nomads is good value for money however the owner is extremely rude. On arrival we found him to be very arrogant and at check out we found him to be very rude! I wouldn't stay here again. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms too. Showers are always cold and you always have to ask for the toilet paper and there's hardly ever any in the loo! I couldn't find many other tourists in the area and the hostel was pretty dead. You could definitely find a better located one for a similar price like we did

Well we did ask you to vacate your room 4 hours after check out time as we had people checked in and waiting for it to be cleaned. I thought we were very accommodating with you there but seems that makes me rude. Also you appear to be more of the party hostel type and maybe in future you will select your hostel on type rather than price. As for *dead* our guests are way too busy exploring the city both day and evening to be sitting around... though we do get some who come here to relax in peace.

Staff happy to give advice. Good location in a quiet part of the city but with everything still accessible. I got a really good priced dorm as I went with the no frills option of mattress, mosquito net and fan. It was still comfortable. The hostel also offers 1kg of laundry for freeas well which is a bonus!

Excellent hostel, the prices are incredible for what you get and its location is excellent being only a fifteen minute walk from the riverfront.

Robert, the host, was super helpful and very knowledgeable. Location is good but not super close to the waterfront. But it is very easy to hire a tuktuk at the hostel and get around Phnom Penh. Robert also arranged a pick-up from the airport which was very nice after my morning flight.

One of our favourite hostels so far on our trip. Robert and his wife are so lovely and welcoming and know everything there is to know about Phnom Penh. The hostel has tuk tuk drivers waiting outside with a fixed price to the killing fields and S21 which was good value. My only complaint would be the lack of toilet paper and soap in the toilet but apart from that, rooms were comfortable and a good temperature.

• 31st Jul 2015

Could not have been better. Robert and his wife were incredible hosts. It felt more like a homestay than a hostel, so welcoming and friendly. They went above and beyond for anyone. The world needs more Roberts.

Hostel owner was amazing, very friendly. The wifi doesn't really work in the rooms. Otherwise, a very good hostel in Phnom Penh.

Not as good value as expected. The staff were helpful but I was not liking cold showers at no point was there a choice of hot available!

very good Wi-Fi, clean, helpful, the Robert guy has an lot of positive energy and they can provide you a lot of information.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful, does good and easy breakfast. A chilled out atmosphere.