Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Robert and Brenda were great - the most basic room is just mattresses on the ground though so would definitely recommend the few dollars upgrade. We stayed in the AC room which was fine. Robert arranged for us to share a tuk tuk with two others at the hostel going to the killing fields and s21 to lower the price which was good. They also took us out ($10) for an authentic Cambodian meal included fermented fish and bbq'd frog which was interesting and also social.

Very very nice staff, helped a lot! Recommend!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • China

Immediately after booking the hostel , I got an email from Rob giving instructions for Nomads. I called him and he could help out with a tuk-tuk for airport pick-up, that was quick and efficient. It was a great time at Nomads hostel, the lady (Rob's wife) at front desk was very kind enough to help me and find out a bus for Angor Wat. I happen to cancel my bus ticket and they were courteous to get that cancelled and return the money. Fabulous and generous staff !!!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • India

This is great hostel to stay in the city. The owner is very friendly but talks for England so he will help you with anything and everything and will tell you a lot more than you will ever need. Breakfast is good. The location is pretty rough opposite some homeless area which is quite scary but the rooms do the job and are clean.

A great hostel. Very clean and well run. Rob is very friendly and helpful, answered all our little questions. Organised a bus to Siem Reap and gave us excellent advice. A quiet hostel with a small area at the front for socialising. Free laundry service too!

Quirky and interesting owner! Awesome place to stay!!

• 11th Jun 2014

You're not the first person to use the term "quirky" lol. Remember .. Old BackPackers never die... they just buy a Hostel :)

This place is really great for its location, very close to riverfront.

Best hostel I've ever been to, mainly down to the experience and personality of Rob the owner. He knows what travellers are looking for, has all the info you could ever want, handy tips on the local area and is a really nice guy. If anything does happen to go wrong for you he will be able to help you out. Very clean and secure hostel. Good facilities, everything as described in the info with good tour packages on offer too. Great hostel, I've recommended it to everyone I know heading that way!

First of all: staff is amazing! The british owner is so helpful and nice and always good for a chat. Rooms and bathroom are incredible clean! Lockersufor everyone and a security guard in the front of the house. Everything you need is in walking distance (pubs, restaurants, riverside,..) Ii's not a party hostel, but for me it was perfect, met some nice people there. Really enjoyed my stay!!!

Thanks for the lovely review. I will pass on the compliment to our cleaners.

Robert is fantastic and is very helpful with information. Everything is always very clean and I love the charging ports in the lockers.

Nomads was really conveniently located. The owner is good at what he does and really is helpful if you have questions. There's no AC but with the mosquito nets and personal fans he provides for every bed I was perfectly comfortable. I would stay there again!

Thanks for the lovely review and that you found the fan dorms comfortable. Don't tell everyone but myself and my wife have the same set-up (bed + fan) in our room. For those who need it a little cooler there's always the option of the Aircon dorms.

It wasn't that hard to find(then again, I don't think anything is hard to find in Phnom Penh). Robert, the owner, and his wife is really really helpful and friendly. He is a little talkative, but he means well. The power socket in the locker is a nice, and ingenious, touch. They offer free laundry too if you stay for at least 2 nights! Just a tip, pick the the airconditioned room. It's a room with 2 bunk beds, but worth the extra you pay for it, trust me.

Great value for money, mattress dorm had a fan for each bed and the high ceilings made it feel really roomy. Bathrooms were pristine. Staff were very helpful with things to do and booking onward travel. Plug points in lockers is a good idea but an adaptor is needed to use them. No real hangout area.

Great hostel. It's cheap, very clean, and well located. I strongly suggest to go for an ac room, as it gets really hot. Ac rooms are nice. Robert, the owner, is a great guy and will help you with anything you need. Breakfast not included but they do serve breakfast and some lunch dishes.

We stayed here twice while travelling through cambodia... its the perfect place if you're on a budget in phnom penh - cbeap and basic but very clean and in fantastic central location. Its run by an english dude and his khmer wife ( plus his english mum while we were there) all of whom were preposterously friendly and helpful. Robert will help you find and do anything you're after in phnom penh. He even leant us tshirts while all of ours were in the (free!) wash.

• 20th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

that morning was so funny. My wife was like "why they wear your clothes?" then after I tried to explain about you having all yours in the laundry she couldn't quite grasp that backpackers generally don't do their laundry on a daily basis. The Cambodians wear it one day and it's washed the next as a rule. My mum says Hi btw :)

Great location, in the middle of everything. Amazing staff, British owner is always around and willing to give advice about anything related to travelling the area. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area. Not a party atmosphere if that's what you're looking for.

• 20th May 2014

Thanks for the review and we help everyone, even if they're aren't staying here lol. Not a party atmosphere but there's some amazing bars and restaurants for all budgets just a short walk away. And when you come back after a night you know you're going to get a good nights sleep. Ready for that 6am bus!!

One of the best in PP. Very safe and clean. We were picked up upon arrival and Robert was extremely helpful, providing useful tips about the city and things to do. We were in the fan dorm which was comfortable and cool enough (though there was only 3 of us in the room!). It isn't the most lively hostel so if you're looking for a party perhaps the Mad Monkey or Lovely Jubbly would be more your style. But if you actually want to go into the city, and just need a place to sleep, then this is great.

Owned by an Englishman who is very helpful. He even drove me and my heavy pack (for free) by scooter across town when it was late at night! Dorm beds are simply floor mattresses with clean bedding. At first the dorm looked funny to me but I got over it. The mattress was comfortable and there was a mosquito net and fan to match each bed. The room had very high ceilings so it never felt cramped. Location is great (during day the street might be barricaded off so just ask guards to let you through)

It didn't feel right letting you walk half-way across PP at that time of night tbh. I wasn't doing anything important and it only took 15 mins to go there and back. The barriers across the road are being removed in a few days so future guests may not see them ;) oh and my mom says thank you for the fan you gave to her. She uses it all the time!

Nice little place, right where u'd want to be. Close but not too close..:) Stayed for a few nights and the only thing i could find to complain about was it was really cold in the room (because of the ac) at night and only thin sheets, no blankets. But that was probably more of a battle between me and my room mates about what temperature to set the ac to! Charming, family owned with some lovely girls helping out.

Basic, ok hostel. Bunk beds in the 6-bed dorm are not the best ones, they are noisy and moving a lot, maybe next time I would actually prefer the mattresses on the floor in the fan dorm.