Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Rob is the man! Best host - he truly went out of his way to find where our night bus left from, organized our tour to the killing fields for a good price, and has a super cute dog.

Great hostel in a good location, close to the giant ibis bus terminal. Comfy bunks for what you get for the price as well.

All need and want from a hostel. Safe, clean, reasonable price and great staff with helpful information.

The stay was great with a lot of useful information from the staffs. The location is away from the chaotic riverside and yet close enough to most of the tourist spots in the city. Recommended for unwind after whole day of walking around the city.

Robert is a very knowledgeable person. And the hostel organised trips around are a great way of meeting people too.

On the positive side, the hostel has a good location - within walking distance from the main sights, good lockers and the possibility to organize a shared tuk-tuk trip to the killing fields. The fact that the hostel is relatively small, makes it perfect for meeting another travellers. The 4-bed mixed dorm, however, is very basic consisting literally of 4 walls, 2 bunk-beds and an air-conditioning. As there is no window, night lights over each bed would be quite useful as would be a chair or two.

Excellent place to base yourself to explore Phnom Penh. Robert the owner is a superb source of information, not just on the capital but Cambodia in general! Free kilo of laundry, excellent wifi, lockers with chargers, matrices changed every day. Robert was super friendly and even very honest with me about his prices when others may not have been. There's a road of stalls to the right of the hostel towards the river where you can buy tastu maggots for a cheap snack! Yum

Nomads was great for many reasons. It was cheap, clean, and close to where my bus dropped me off. Robert was extremely helpful upon my booking, he promptly sent an email with info and a map. He helps organize groups for share tuk tuks to killing fields and museum which was helpful for a solo traveler. The rooms however have no security whatsoever. You are supplied w a locker but that's it. Area is away from tourists, both good and bad thing. Local feel, but far walk or tuk tuk to attractions.

Robert and his wife are amazing hosts. Lots of information readily available and good to help with any local tours or travel you need. They have their own tuktuk drivers so they dont take the piss and set a price for you. $16 dollars for a driver for the entire day to go to various tourist places for 4 people. Great value. Hostel itself is nice and the food is lovely. Great real chips...

Robert is the most helpful host in the world! Thank you for all the information and safety tips as i was thrown off by how different PP was from the other Asian cities I've visited. Beds are on the floor so it may not be for everyone but it's clean and i had a great night's sleep every time. Social atmosphere though not a party hostel by any means. They let me leave my large pack in storage while i took a weekend trip to Kampot which was incredibly helpful. Thanks again Robert!

After two months of travelling this is definitely one of my favorite hostels so far! The atmosphere was great and after five minutes I already felt at home. The common area was perfect for meeting new people and also the owner, Robert, is a big reason why the atmosphere is so good at Nomads. Also he really takes his time to help you out and explain what to do/see and what to look out for in the city. If I ever go back to Phnom Penh this is the only place I'd stay in!

+ Owner: resourceful, interesting, handles crisis situations professionaly and calm +House Keeping: Very honest, gives back lost money and stuff left on the lockers by mistake +Security Guard outside + Decent sized rooms with high ceilings +Big shower albeit cold if i remember correctly + Good location, near the Ibis bus stop, river, mall, market - unsinspiring commons area but ok - Beds are unstable and one of the worst i have encountered (soft enough though) Would stay again, thanks!

• 21st Oct 2015

Nice hostel, we arrived at 12 at night but that was no problem. Beds are good, location as well, central market is about 10 min. Free laundry service!!

Staff are extremely helpful, which is great. I stayed in a fan dorm, and that worked well, though the mattresses were on the floor, which might not work for everyone. Washrooms clean, but shower water lukewarm. Still, for the good price and helpful staff, I would stay here again.

Helpful staff but food seemed overpriced to me. Beds are soft matresses on the floor - or at least that's what I got. Pretty okay location.

The owner was very helpful and informative!

The hostel was really good value for money, staff were nice, free laundry was great. Could have been a few more showers, just one on a floor of a lot of people meant there was usually a cue around dinner. Could use some small lights in the air con room too, so people don't have to wake everyone up when they get up early.

Thanks for the nice review. We are waiting for a quiet spell so we can actually install some small bedside lights in the A/C dorms. Shower/toilets .. there is only 1 on that floor but there are 2 on the next floor up and 1 below. Maybe that was me not informing you where the extra showers were and if that was the case I do apologize.

I really liked Nomads. Great place and a short walk from the river. I wasn't prepared for Cambodia at all, so arriving at Nomads was a safe place to land. The staff were very welcoming and helped me get my bearings. So grateful for that. Nomads has a quieter vibe so I got surprisingly good sleep. Loved the Aircon rooms! Highly recommend it. Thank you!

Great place, super friendly and helpful staff. They're knowledgable about traveling the area which helped a lot. Great place to crash for a few nights in PP.

We had a generally good experience here . Good points: clean, owner and staff friendly and able to provide info and book travel. Nice bar area . Food is western only by design , we liked this option and had several decent meals. Bad points: our dorm was windowless therefore lacked ventilation and not too our taste. Draft beer was generally slightly flat. Overall nice place , we'll run and relaxing hassle free stay .