Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nomads is good value for money however the owner is extremely rude. On arrival we found him to be very arrogant and at check out we found him to be very rude! I wouldn't stay here again. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms too. Showers are always cold and you always have to ask for the toilet paper and there's hardly ever any in the loo! I couldn't find many other tourists in the area and the hostel was pretty dead. You could definitely find a better located one for a similar price like we did

Well we did ask you to vacate your room 4 hours after check out time as we had people checked in and waiting for it to be cleaned. I thought we were very accommodating with you there but seems that makes me rude. Also you appear to be more of the party hostel type and maybe in future you will select your hostel on type rather than price. As for *dead* our guests are way too busy exploring the city both day and evening to be sitting around... though we do get some who come here to relax in peace.

Staff happy to give advice. Good location in a quiet part of the city but with everything still accessible. I got a really good priced dorm as I went with the no frills option of mattress, mosquito net and fan. It was still comfortable. The hostel also offers 1kg of laundry for freeas well which is a bonus!

Excellent hostel, the prices are incredible for what you get and its location is excellent being only a fifteen minute walk from the riverfront.

Robert, the host, was super helpful and very knowledgeable. Location is good but not super close to the waterfront. But it is very easy to hire a tuktuk at the hostel and get around Phnom Penh. Robert also arranged a pick-up from the airport which was very nice after my morning flight.

One of our favourite hostels so far on our trip. Robert and his wife are so lovely and welcoming and know everything there is to know about Phnom Penh. The hostel has tuk tuk drivers waiting outside with a fixed price to the killing fields and S21 which was good value. My only complaint would be the lack of toilet paper and soap in the toilet but apart from that, rooms were comfortable and a good temperature.

• 31st Jul 2015

Could not have been better. Robert and his wife were incredible hosts. It felt more like a homestay than a hostel, so welcoming and friendly. They went above and beyond for anyone. The world needs more Roberts.

Hostel owner was amazing, very friendly. The wifi doesn't really work in the rooms. Otherwise, a very good hostel in Phnom Penh.

Not as good value as expected. The staff were helpful but I was not liking cold showers at no point was there a choice of hot available!

very good Wi-Fi, clean, helpful, the Robert guy has an lot of positive energy and they can provide you a lot of information.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful, does good and easy breakfast. A chilled out atmosphere.

Pretty basic- a comfy mattress on the floor with a mosquito net. But for $3.50 a night it is very good value for money and spotlessly clean as well.

• 19th Jun 2015

Very simple hostel, mattress on the floor, mosquito nets and individual fans, but very comfortable still - also powerpoints next to the beds. Small lockers are provided out of the room for valuables. Robert was extremely helpful, very easy to talk to and can give you tips and advice for seemingly anything. Location was alright, short walk to the riverfront and plenty of restaurants - local and foreign cuisines.

I missed better pillows and a shelf or something to put my staff near to me appart from the floor

Absolutely great hostel and exactly what I was looking for. Facilities are very basic but you will have everything you need: bed, fan, shower, locker and beer. :) People working there are great and always up for a chat. Overall I really enjoyed it there and stayed way longer than planned. Free 1kg laundry a day and free pickup on arrival and beer glasses that come out of the fridge so the beer stays cooler longer are just some of the little things that make this hostel a unique and great place!

1 2 Next » last »