Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The owner and his wife were incredibly knowledgeable about the city, and helped us book tours of the Killing Fields and S-21 using the hostel's own tuk tuk driver. Very reasonably priced. Must mention the wifi - best speed I've ever seen in a hostel! Also, the free laundry each day was a huge bonus for us.

Location of this hostel is great, walking distance from Riverside and market streets. There aren't any convenience stores near the hostel so you have to go few streets down the road. The staff are helpful in giving you directions and advice and I really appreciated that. For example the guy said not to carry around a bag, because snatch thieving is very common in the area especially at night.

Excellent place to stay. Ask for advice from Robert because it will help you. I stayed in an a/c room with 4 beds and highly recommend choosing that. You will be happy to have a refuge from the heat. Location is fine once you get your bearings. Take tuk tusk to start. I would easily stay again.

We loved our stay at Hotel Nomads! It is definitely a budget accommodation but it had everything that we needed. The four bed AC room was great. Their food was good and reasonably priced as well. Most importantly, the owner and his wife were so friendly and helpful. We were so glad we started our trip in Cambodia here because they had so many helpful tips. They even helped set up bus tickets to our next destination. We would definitely stay there again!

This is truly a get-what-you-pay-for experience. The hostel is pretty bare and your sleeping quarters are thin mattresses directly on the floor. The owner was very helpful but sort of prickly and was not initially friendly to us at all. However, the food was good and the free pickup from the bus was a plus. No frills at all and very bare bones, but for $3? You decide.

Good hostel recommended owner is very Helpful

• 22nd Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel. Robert is extremely helpful. Thanks!

I booked a seven bed dorm and ended up in a dorm with ten matresses! I only stayed one night here so it was okay but I would never stay longer. Staff was friendly and helpful.

We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations as a Backpacker Hostel. The night in question we did have to cope with a group who had to re-checkin in the evening as their Visa's were not in order for a land crossing. We tried to speak to as many guests as possible to explain the situation as sometimes peoples plans do not go as expected and at Nomads we like to help when that happens.

Had a very pleasant 4 night stay here. Robert was extremely helpful giving us tons of info about the area as well as helping us arrange a tuk tuk and bus tickets to Siem Reap. The 4 bed dorm we stayed in was clean and quiet. The lockers also added peace of mind. My only minor complaints are that the shower on the middle floor never heated up, and toilet paper was often lacking. The puppy at the front barks a lot but mostly because he needs to get out more. Definitely recommended.

Great location, Great staff and great price.

Very helpful in planning trips, they know a lot about the places around. The food is good and the prices are fair.

The facilities aren't amazing (but when you're paying $3.5 a night you can't complain). That said, the owner is an interesting character and very helpful -- teed up a next day visa for Vietnam and a good bus service there.

brilliantly ran hostel, central Phnom Penh just a short walk from central market/the riverfront. staff are amazing, definitely recommend.

Well this was the first hostel i landed in on my trip, and boy, was i delighted. After getting picked up from the airport, i was greeted by the host, Robert. A backpacker himself he helped me plan my itinerary for the day. My 6 dorm room was neat and tidy, and my locker was big enough to fit in my laptop bag! My room didn't have a nice view, but right outside you'll see a colony of bats, which is a pleasing site too! Highly recommend this place!

A basic hostel that has an amazing host. Hostel was decent and really clean. The owner, Robert, was really friendly and elpful. He knows a lot and is always available to help. I wish they had bigger lockers where i can put my bag though.but they make up for this by giving away free 1kg laundry.

Good location near the Quay. Owners are quite helpful and there is free laundry! Lots of tips and recommendations posted all over the wall. It's off-season so the hostel was pretty quiet, but it was nice being able to get a good night's sleep in an almost empty room!

Great staff, conveniently located.

Nice hostel with lots of info located close to the riverfront. Locker wasn't big enough to fit either of my bags, but the security of the place in general seemed pretty good.

We arrived to this hostel having booked a 7 bed mixed dorm and what we found turned out to be a 12 matresses on the floor dormitory without air conditioning but noisy fans. It was quite shocking when the owner of the hostel charged money for hot water to prepare instant noodles, he was kind though letting us have a shower for free...

The fan dorm you booked had 1 extra bed as a guest had a friend who wanted to stay in the same room. So we put 1 extra bed down. When you book a fan dorm why would you be upset when it is a fan dorm and not A/C?? Also you purchased an item from the menu and now seem to be complaining that that item wasn't free?? Hot water is on the menu at 25cents as people want it for their noodles just like you did (comes in a bowl with chopsticks, spoon and a fork)

Good location, really informative kind owner and a puppy. Perfect