Hostel Nomads Reviews

#91, street 108, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We stayed here twice while travelling through cambodia... its the perfect place if you're on a budget in phnom penh - cbeap and basic but very clean and in fantastic central location. Its run by an english dude and his khmer wife ( plus his english mum while we were there) all of whom were preposterously friendly and helpful. Robert will help you find and do anything you're after in phnom penh. He even leant us tshirts while all of ours were in the (free!) wash.

• 20th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

that morning was so funny. My wife was like "why they wear your clothes?" then after I tried to explain about you having all yours in the laundry she couldn't quite grasp that backpackers generally don't do their laundry on a daily basis. The Cambodians wear it one day and it's washed the next as a rule. My mum says Hi btw :)

Great location, in the middle of everything. Amazing staff, British owner is always around and willing to give advice about anything related to travelling the area. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area. Not a party atmosphere if that's what you're looking for.

• 20th May 2014

Thanks for the review and we help everyone, even if they're aren't staying here lol. Not a party atmosphere but there's some amazing bars and restaurants for all budgets just a short walk away. And when you come back after a night you know you're going to get a good nights sleep. Ready for that 6am bus!!

One of the best in PP. Very safe and clean. We were picked up upon arrival and Robert was extremely helpful, providing useful tips about the city and things to do. We were in the fan dorm which was comfortable and cool enough (though there was only 3 of us in the room!). It isn't the most lively hostel so if you're looking for a party perhaps the Mad Monkey or Lovely Jubbly would be more your style. But if you actually want to go into the city, and just need a place to sleep, then this is great.

Owned by an Englishman who is very helpful. He even drove me and my heavy pack (for free) by scooter across town when it was late at night! Dorm beds are simply floor mattresses with clean bedding. At first the dorm looked funny to me but I got over it. The mattress was comfortable and there was a mosquito net and fan to match each bed. The room had very high ceilings so it never felt cramped. Location is great (during day the street might be barricaded off so just ask guards to let you through)

It didn't feel right letting you walk half-way across PP at that time of night tbh. I wasn't doing anything important and it only took 15 mins to go there and back. The barriers across the road are being removed in a few days so future guests may not see them ;) oh and my mom says thank you for the fan you gave to her. She uses it all the time!

Nice little place, right where u'd want to be. Close but not too close..:) Stayed for a few nights and the only thing i could find to complain about was it was really cold in the room (because of the ac) at night and only thin sheets, no blankets. But that was probably more of a battle between me and my room mates about what temperature to set the ac to! Charming, family owned with some lovely girls helping out.

Basic, ok hostel. Bunk beds in the 6-bed dorm are not the best ones, they are noisy and moving a lot, maybe next time I would actually prefer the mattresses on the floor in the fan dorm.

Great location, the owner is nice and our room (4 bed dorm) was ok. We needed the place for bed, shower and air con - this is what we've got. I recommend it, definitely.

Really well located! Robert is really helpfull and attentions! Really clean! Really cheap! Definetely recommended!

The owner and his people were extremely helpful, reminding us about taking care of our things, booking tickets for us, etc. Hotel was really clean too. There were a few things being repaired while we were there (one of the DSL connections and the 2nd floor bathroom, which was the floor of our room). Thankfully, the hotel wasn't fully booked so we didn't have to wait to use the bathrooms. We appreciated the lockers with sockets inside - you don't get that a lot!

Thanks for having us again! Great place to relax in Phnom Penh.

A great place to stay in Phnom Penh. Thank you for having us!

I really enjoyed my 3 night stay here. Rooms are very clean and have mosquito nets too. There's not really a huge social atmosphere, and the hostel is slightly away from the main pub/bar/restaurant area. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and love that free laundry is offered.

1 2 3 Next » last »