Hostel Nucapacha Reviews

Balsamos Sur 308, Urdesa Central., Guayaquil, Ecuador

We liked it, had 3 days before going home from Ecuador, and it was a nice place to stay. 5$ from the airport. It had a good kitchen and a big supermarket near by. The pool was nice on the warm days, it is not crystal clean, but we have never seen a crystal clean pool anywhere in South America. The staff was nice. It is located a bit out if centrum so it is a quiet place, which we liked, but others might want to stay in the center.. We would come back.

Worst hostel! Staff doesnt speak english. Had a flight at 6am- so close to AP. Arrived at night and hostel is not identifiable. At 2:30am local drunks were let in by STAFF!! They were loud and scared me as the only thing separating us was a screen and I had perfect view of them. At 3:30am when we left, they started talking to my husband, more like harassing him. He told them they were loud and they stared us down- again scaring me. After they went into OUR room! Book elsewhere!

I stayed in two of the dorms. The first one did not have lockers. The second one did, but they weren't the most secure. No hot water, but Guayaquil is pretty hot in itself so that wasn't a big deal. Breakfast was two pieces of wheat toast, an egg, coffee, and juice. Very nice pool, but no real atmosphere as far as music and people hanging out, but that could have just been because I was there in the middle of the week. Located pretty far from city center. Laundry was cheap. Overall, ok.

• 19th Jun 2014

Nice hostel in a nice area. No complaints.

Upon arriving, the women was rude and unhappy to receive me as a guest. She changed my reservation from a bed to a room for six dollars more. The room was terrible, with the humidity as a natural state of the city, there were flies all around. Water in the shower and else where was cold throughout the stay. Too many dogs and cats in the hostel and outside made the smell even more intolerable, the poppies' poop was everywhere. I diffidently could do better with the same money elsewhere.

Owner very helpful! I quiet place to stay & the pool was a great treat!

• 30th May 2014

Not a bad place. Good neighborhood. Nice places to eat about a 5-10 minute walk. Few minute taxi ride for $4 to downtown or the airport. The issues I had with this place is the rude blonde girl that everyone seems to mention in the reviews and the fact that one of the girls working there told me it was okay if we left one day early without being charged and then ended up charging us anyways. Requested for the refund but never heard back.

Staff is really helpful. Great kitchen with free drinking water. Good breakfast. You need to take a bus to get anywhere but the staff will tell you where to go. Only con was mosquitos in my dorm room.

Dorms smelled really badly of stale sweat. Pool is very good.

The hostel is far from the center of Guayaquil. Which is kind of uncomfortable. It's in a residential area.

• 21st May 2014

Pretty nice overall. The hostel itself felt pretty secure, but the lock on the door was really flimsy, so we were a little worried about our belongings while we were out of the room. The pool/common area was pretty nice, though it was nearly impossible to actually get someone to sell you a beer at the bar.

Great breakfast (eggs, toast and jam, juice and coffee). The pool is really nice as Guayaquil is sooo humid. The location is great, you have everything you need nearby, it´s safe and it´s easy to take the bus into the centre or where ever. 100% recommend :)

Staff are friendly and helpful .... Nice enough beds ..... Good pool .... Quiet and tucked away ..... Near food

This was a very good hostel. Facilities were regularly cleaned, staff was very helpful and also spoke English. The pool area is really nice, and you can get downtown easily for 5$ in a taxi. The complimentary breakfast is great as well. I'll be going back to hostel Nucapacha next time I am in Guayaquil!

Just stayed one night as it is located close to the airport. Hostel seems to be located in an upscale area. Facilities and pool looked good, staff was nice, shower one of the best in six months travelling. Only point of improvement would be airconditioning instead of ventilators

Comfortable hostel, nice breakfast and in a safe location

nice and clean but room very hot(no air)

We were there only for a few hours because we were going to the airport late at night and living early the next morning, The first time we were there the staff spoke English very well so it was easy to communicate but the 3 rd time the staff did not speak or understand English very well and it was harder to get organised. But at the end everything was fine and I will recommend the place to people who are going to Guayaquill.

Nice pool and hostel, a bit out of the centre so if you speak no spanish it might be hard to get to anywhere. The staff are friendly and try to help but also speak very little english. Definitely learn some spanish before you come to South America!

Really enjoyed our stay. We were able to leave your luggage there while we went condo hunting and they did our laundry while we were away. Perfect stay in Guayanaquil.

• 25th Feb 2014