Hostel Nucapacha Reviews

Balsamos Sur 308, Urdesa Central., Guayaquil, Ecuador

Was the second time there and everything was fun and clean! I really like the pool and their atmosphere!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Peru

Hostel was fine for a one night stopover. Rooms were pretty shabby and the curtains let in all the light from the corridor. Staff never noted that I had paid and wouldn't let me leave the next morning until they had confirmed with other staff, also forgot to call my taxi that I had booked. Breakfast is wonderful, coffee, eggs etc.

This was an ok hostel. The staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful, but they weren't rude either. It could've been a bit cleaner. It was a bit far from the city, but it's in a nice neighbourhood. The breakfast was pretty good though. Having a top bunk was a bit difficult too - there is less room between the top bunk and the roof than between the bottom and top bunks .

We really enjoy the stay over there, the people where really nice with us and gave us exelent turist tips!!!! im extreambly gratefull with them cause i forgot my ipad in the bed during the chek out, and when i came back to fetch my stuff they told me they{ve found it, and gave it back!!!!!! :) cons: only that there is no air conditioner nither hot water, but none of them where a problem for us!

We liked it, had 3 days before going home from Ecuador, and it was a nice place to stay. 5$ from the airport. It had a good kitchen and a big supermarket near by. The pool was nice on the warm days, it is not crystal clean, but we have never seen a crystal clean pool anywhere in South America. The staff was nice. It is located a bit out if centrum so it is a quiet place, which we liked, but others might want to stay in the center.. We would come back.

Only stayed one night before heading to the Galapagos.

I had no problem with the distance - just stuck around the hostel area to get over jetlag, Close to the airport in what I thought was a safe area. All good!

Worst hostel! Staff doesnt speak english. Had a flight at 6am- so close to AP. Arrived at night and hostel is not identifiable. At 2:30am local drunks were let in by STAFF!! They were loud and scared me as the only thing separating us was a screen and I had perfect view of them. At 3:30am when we left, they started talking to my husband, more like harassing him. He told them they were loud and they stared us down- again scaring me. After they went into OUR room! Book elsewhere!

I stayed in two of the dorms. The first one did not have lockers. The second one did, but they weren't the most secure. No hot water, but Guayaquil is pretty hot in itself so that wasn't a big deal. Breakfast was two pieces of wheat toast, an egg, coffee, and juice. Very nice pool, but no real atmosphere as far as music and people hanging out, but that could have just been because I was there in the middle of the week. Located pretty far from city center. Laundry was cheap. Overall, ok.

• 19th Jun 2014

Nice hostel in a nice area. No complaints.

Upon arriving, the women was rude and unhappy to receive me as a guest. She changed my reservation from a bed to a room for six dollars more. The room was terrible, with the humidity as a natural state of the city, there were flies all around. Water in the shower and else where was cold throughout the stay. Too many dogs and cats in the hostel and outside made the smell even more intolerable, the poppies' poop was everywhere. I diffidently could do better with the same money elsewhere.

Owner very helpful! I quiet place to stay & the pool was a great treat!

• 30th May 2014

Not a bad place. Good neighborhood. Nice places to eat about a 5-10 minute walk. Few minute taxi ride for $4 to downtown or the airport. The issues I had with this place is the rude blonde girl that everyone seems to mention in the reviews and the fact that one of the girls working there told me it was okay if we left one day early without being charged and then ended up charging us anyways. Requested for the refund but never heard back.

Staff is really helpful. Great kitchen with free drinking water. Good breakfast. You need to take a bus to get anywhere but the staff will tell you where to go. Only con was mosquitos in my dorm room.