Hostel Old Plovdiv Reviews

3 Chetvarti yanuari Str, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Great place to stay, friendly and helpful staff.

This was probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the whole hostel has great atmosphere and lots of character. Plovdiv is a a fantastic place to visit and if you come stay here.

Great location. Great facilities. Great staff. Great manager. Hirsto (the manager) helped a lot in what I asked. The bathroom+shower are flawless, just like in the pictures :) Nice and simple breakfast, at a great dining place. In short: GREAT!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Great location in the old town and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast though the room by the road was quite noise and didn't have mosquito nets on the windows.

A beautiful place with very friendly people! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, we'll defenitely come back!

This place is amazing! Had such a great stay for three nights and I wish I could've stayed longer. The breakfast is delicious and the house is unlike anywhere else I've stayed. Thanks to Hristo and the team for making my stay so enjoyable.

Wonderful! I'll be back!! (Especially if the creaking door gets fixed ;o) ) I love this hostel - especially the warm welcome but also the aura of the place.

one of the most beautiful hostel I've ever been! In the center of il Plovdiv, near all monuments and pedestrian street! The owner and the staff was great!! I had the bus early morning and they prepare breakfast for me! Since was my birthday i found i board with the greeting!! Very nice surprise :))

An outstandingly good hostel. The internet was indeed very fast - consistently 18Mbps. Staff were extremely helpful and beds were very comfortable. Lighting could've been a bit better in the downstairs dorm room, but not a huge issue. Breakfast was good, although I felt sorry for the girls working there as I found out they stayed up all night to prepare breakfast from 4-5am. I certainly wouldn't have had an issue with serving the food for myself!

I had a fantastic stay here at Hostel Old Plovdiv. The staff were lovely, the hostel clean and welcoming and it's situated right in the old town near the top of this beautiful lookout. My only issue was that there were no lockers but that's a pretty minor thing and otherwise I really, really recommend this place.

Long Live Australia ! To have such a positive review is a great honor ! Thank you also for recommending us to your friends- they arrived safely :) Best regarsd: Hristo

I booked my stay at old Plovdiv 2/3 hours before check in and I arrived to a poster with my name welcoming me. It was truly welcoming, homy feeling and everyone was very friendly especially Hristo and his team. I actually decided to extend one more day and this was entertained and made possible. My stay was quite a personalized experienced; everyone called me and others by name, Hristo makes sure he spends some time with all guests and he also remembered what the rest of my trip was

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Egypt

When I arrived a welcome sign in my own language and my name was displayed along with other guests all scattered around the reception area which was very welcoming as it was anyway. I thought this was a lovely touch and I haven't seen this at any other guesthouse. The staff were really friendly, helpful and the general atmosphere was wonderful. I don't normally write a review for guesthouses but I really feel the need to do so because of the terrific experience I had for my short stay here!

Only managed to stay in this beautiful hostel for 1 night, but had a really nice time. The location is perfect, right in the middle of the old town, and the building is stunning, with a lovely terrace at the back. Hristo was incredible and gave excellent advice, not just about Plovdiv but also about the next stop on our trip, and there was even a welcome sign up for us when we arrived! Quiet in the evening, too. Thanks, Hristo!

Thank you so much my friend !!! It was so nice to talk with you in our beautiful garden :) All the girls from our Front Office send you their best regards :) I hope to see you back in September ! Best regards: Hristo

Beautiful hostel and lovely staffs! Their shower is really the best among all the hostels I lived in in Bulgaria! Definitely recommend it to the other travelers!

Simply perfect, the atmosphere of the well renovated old building is great. The staff is very helpful.

Tessekur Ederim, Kardes ! It is always a great pleasure for me & my team to have as our guests from Turkey ! Best regards: Hristo

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff and owner too. The dorms were big, the beer was cheap and the terrace was a great place to hang out together. The breakfast was also a great plus.

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Thank-you so much to Hristo and the staff for being so wonderful and friendly. We loved Plovdiv, and the hostel was a great highlight of our trip. The building is beautiful and historically interesting. I decided to visit Plovdiv after seeing this hostel on hostelworld, and it was possibly the best decision of my trip. I hope to visit again!

Kelly, you had just made my day ! Thank you so much for such a positive feedback ! To decide to visit Plovdiv just to be our guests - such an honor for me !!!! You are always welcome back here ! Best regards: Hristo

Great experience!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Blagodarja ! :) You & friends are kind of guests we dream for ! Best regards Hristo

Great hostel, the only thing that I found annoying was that the house was not very good isolated and I could hear everything on the street, in the floor ...

Thank you , Dora !!! It is always great start of the day for me when I see, that our guests like so much our hospitality ! Best regards: Hristo

The only place to stay in Plovdiv! Absolute social heaven, with the most friendly and helpful staff we encountered on our entire trip. The manager Hristo was welcoming and helpful, and made sure we were all well looked after throughout our stay. The hostel itself is unique, with a generous breakfast spread and a really nice patio at the back where you can socialise all day and night. Twenty minutes after checking in, we added an extra night to our booking. A safe, happy, busy environment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3