Hostel Old Plovdiv Reviews

3 Chetvarti yanuari Str, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Staff very helpful and the hostel is clean and had a great atmosphere. great location in the old town

Thank you and Long Live Australia, Haydn !!! I hope your trip to Istanbul was nice and safe ! Waiting to see you back soon ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

A personalized sign welcomed me and the decor is top notch. I love this hostel. Nice breakfast, cool travelers and staff in a wonderful city. I didn't get a locker but there were more probably.

It was so nice to share with you, Amanda, our latest Big International Award : TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2015 !!! Thank you also for the new booking ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Our stay at the Old Plovdiv Hostel was excellent. The rooms and building are beautiful and the location is ideal for getting around and seeing the sights of this lovely city. The staff were incredible, helping us organise transport and recommending places to go. They really went out of their way to help us. This was easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Thank you so much for this feedback, Alex ! To have you and the boys was a pleasure for me and my team ! P.S.You left some broken hearts at our Reception Desk :) Best regards Hristo-the owner

A great place with awesome staff. The most charming hostel I've stayed in. Really has the old feeling that you know the building has. Everything was awesome about it! I did my laundry and my clothes have never smelled so clean!

Thank's to reviews like yours we are now OFFICIALLY THE BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015, AWARDED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you so much, Alexandra ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

I have spent 7 years travelling since retiring and stayed in at least 50 hostels. Hostel Plovdiv is the nicest small town hostel that I have stayed in so far. The facilities in the historic building are immaculate and the staff are helpful and friendly. The free breakfast is very good and there is a lovely garden to relax I as well as a comfortable common room.

To have such a positive feedback from an experienced traveller like you is a great honor, Ron ! Thank you also for recommending us to your friend ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Location is great however, taxis do not like to come to the old town so it was an absolute mission to carry our suitcases up the steps, then the rocky path and hill. Too hard with suitcases. The hostel itself is amazing, lovely outdoor area to sit around, rooms clean, bathroom fine. Thank you!

It is so great to see, that you have described us as "AMAZING HOSTEL", thank you so much, Lily ! All respected Taxi Companies are cominfg directly to our door, I am sorry , that your driver was not cooperative :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

We really enjoyed our stay at the Old Plovdiv Hostel. Everyone was really friendly, and we had no problems getting information about the city. The rooms and bathrooms were all spacious and clean, and the free breakfast had something for everyone.

Long Live Canada and thank you so much for such a great feedback, Emily ! Best regards Hristo-the owner

Excellent hostel - my dorm had real beds (not bunks) and a fresh towel, rooms are spacious and breakfast and wifi are both excellent. Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed at around the world! There are a couple of cats wandering around, but they're well behaved.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future guests, Breandan ! To have 100 % Positive Rating from you is a great honor for me and my team ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Gorgeous hostel, right in the centre of the old town. Definitely one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at, in terms of hostel layout, building, cleanliness and value for money. Room was very nice, with massive lockers. Had a nice garden in the back, which was nice in the sunshine. Would definitely recommend/go back again if I'm ever in the area!

Long Live Canada and thank you so much for this great feedback, Heather ! Thank you also for recommending us to your friends-they arrved safe and sound ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

This is a hotel/ hostel housed in traditional house on Old Town. Informative staff at reception. i had a spacious, comfortable room decorated in traditional style. No kitchen , just a microwave and free hot drinks. Good breakfast in the morning. Toilet sink I saw was too small for washing( other than hands) and larger shower/ washing area in basement could have done with some heat, but no other problems.Characterful common room. Heating in my room was available.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future guests, Peter ! We have 4 bathrooms for 9 rooms, so the sinks in 3 of them are as big as a basin :) We also provide wash basins to our guests. Our kitchen has everything a traveller needs, but you did not asked where it is :) Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

no kitchen, even if saying this.

Thank you for giving us the highest rating for Cleanliness and Location, Hannah ! As for the kitchen - we have all you need , but you did not asked for it :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Everything here was really great. The staff was super helpful and kind. The owner of the hostel came down to greet us at breakfast to see if he could offer his opinions or help. Really cool experience. Best hostel I've been at.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thanks to reviews like yours we have been voted BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future guests, Andrea ! Best regards Hristo

Great breakfast, helpful staff, big warm shower

• 4th Mar 2015

Thank you so much for such a positive feedback, Kelsey ! Waiting to see you back soon :) Bestregards Hristo-the owner :)

This hostel is by far the best hostel!!! Everything exceeds excellence. First of all,I arrived at 145 in the morning and wow to my surprised I have my flag hanging at the balcony with a welcome note saying "welcome Jesse"- the warmest welcome Indeed and completely unexpected wow., The rooms are grand and very spacious. I love the bed, it's pure white linen no stains, soft, comfortable and aromatic smells..friendly staff everything is excellent.strongly recommend and will definitely to come back

Long Live Australia ! Thank you so much for this great review, Jesse ! Thanks to reviews like this we are now officially BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 awarded by HOSTELWORLD.COM and winners of 13th Annual Hostel Awards ! Best regards Hristo-the owner

A nice restored 19-century house. There is no lack of bathrooms, there are two computers which actually work. Appreciate the coffee machine! I imagine the garden will be nice in the summer.

Dear Guest, As you have mentioned- TEA & COFFEE ARE FREE OF CHARGE 24/7 FOR OUR GUESTS! We are proud with our Italian Espresso Machine and real Italian Coffee served. Thank you also for recommending us to your friend Nasko - he arrived safe & sound. Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

I stayed for only one night (I wish it could have been longer - next time!), but the hostel is wonderful. Great rooms, comfy beds, nice lounge area, clean and decent showers. But what really takes this hostel to the next level is the friendliness and enthusiasm of the owner Hristo and his staff. Hristo cheerfully arranged airport transfer for us, then car hire when we changed our plans. We were even greeted with our own personalised welcome sign on arrival! :) Recommended! Thank you again!

Dear Guest, Thank you so much ! Reviews like your made us BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 voted by HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you also for recommending us to the group, they have already booked too :) Waiting to see you back in August ! Best regards Hristo

Very friendly staff, warm welcoming. Beautiful, clean and renovated hostel in a historic house, very well located

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Azim Pinar, Tesekur Ederim for such a great review ! Thank's to guest revies like your we are VOTED BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 BY HOSTELWORLD.COM !!! Best regards Hristo

"Old Plovdiv Hostel" is a well preserved house from the 19th century. All the rooms are different along with the wide common area and the garden. The garden is especially nice because there are old trees and antique tap fountain. While chilling out in the garden you can sometimes hear the melodic guitars of the street musicians. I can imagine what would be in the summer or spring.The owners and the staff are lovely people. The breakfast is solid and very diverse and they even ask for preference.

Dea Momchil, It was honor for me to share with you OUR LATEST BIG INTERNATIONAL AWARD: BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA for 2015, voted by HOSTELWORLD.COM ! We achieved this thanks to reviews like yours ! I hope your trip to London, Madrid and Columbia will be nice and safe ! Best regards Hristo

nice old town place

Thank you so much, Steven ! I really enjoyed chatting with you :) Best regards Hristo

This hostel is beautiful. It has an elegant look but a casual atmosphere. The staff are friendly and very helpful. They arranged airport transport and tours for me. It is clean and comfortable and they provide a good hearty breakfast. I do wish you could make your own food selection because there were some items that I didn't eat and I felt so wasteful. The only other thing is there are no lockers in the dorms. All in all this is one of the best hostels. I will absolutely stay here again.

Reading your review was such a great start of my day ! As you allready know WE OFFER OUR GUESTS EXCELLENT TRIPS and AIRPORT TRANSFERS WITH THE BEST PRICES IN TOWN :) Thank you for recommending us to your friends too :) They arrived safe and sound ! Best regards Hristo