Hostel Old Plovdiv Reviews

3 Chetvarti yanuari Str, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

We had a great time at the Old Plovdiv. The welcome is extremely warm and the house is an amazing old house, renovated with great care. The little backyard is perfect for the good breakfast in the morning and beers at night. Very quiet and peaceful. If you meet the owner, he will readily tell you everything you want to know, be it about the house or travelling to Turkey. The prices are really good value. I would absolutely stay there again.

Amazing hostel. Beautiful house, staff were great, breakfast was great, rooms were cool and clean. Just perfect. Arrived late around 3am and we're still greeted warmly at reception. Highly recommend.

WOW ! Such a glowing feedback, thank you so much, Christine ! We are a family run hostel and reviews like this really give us strength to be even more better ! Thank's to you and all our guests we have been awarded as HOSTEL # 1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015, VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Waiting to see you back in September ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Unique location close to view of the city, sunset and Roman theatre.

Thank you for pointing our Top Location, Mathijs :) Just 24 meters from the Ethnographical Museum, 16 meters from the famous Balabanov's House Museum and 86 meters from the Roman Fortress on the top of the hill we offer our guests all they can dream for ! Main Pedestrian Street with shops, bars and galleries is only 3 minutes walking from us :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

This was the BEST hostel I've stayed at in my entire life. :) it had personality, but was cheap and the service was fantastic. Clean and a good breakfast included. I hope I will be able to come back to Plovdiv, just to stay at this hostel again.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

I really hope we deserve your compliments, Amanda !!! Thank's to reviews like your we are officially THE MOST AWARDED BULGARIAN HOSTEL EVER !!! For less than 3 years we receive following awards: 1. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014 & 2015 2. Best Value Stay # 4 in the World for 2014 by Lonely Planet 3. 2014 Guest Review Award by BOOKING.COM 4. Best Hostel in Bulgaria for 2015 by HOSTELWORLD.COM You are always welcome nack here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

This was an amazing place. The staff was amazing and extremely friendly. The only dislike I had during my stay was the age gap in guest that stayed. They were either younger or older and the older crowd complained on us at 10pm while having a few beers in the garden. I will be coming back to Plovdiv and staying at Old Plovdiv

Feedbacks like yours has made us HOSTEL # 1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 , VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you, Marko ! Waiting to see you back in August :) Best regards Hristo-the owner

Very good place to stay. Not sure about other hostels but this one is a must to stay :) Helpful staff. Clean and tidy rooms and shared facilities. Breakfast is good, and most important for me - coffee from fresh grained beans. Tip: when you are on you way for awhile let the hostel wash your clothes. Soft, perfect folded and smells awesome when they return it the next day :)

Dear Tam, thank you so much ! 100 % positive rating from an experienced traveller like you is a great honor for me and my team ! Now you know that we only serve Real Italian Esspresso Coffee and it is free for our guests 24/7 :) Our laundry service is the best in the city and our kitchen facilities are all you can dream for ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Very nice staff and wonderful facility! Nice lounge area and even an outdoor patio. Breakfast was fantastic! The staff went above and beyond in helping me while staying at the hostel. Great location in old town. Easy taxi ride from major transport hubs. Would stay at again.

Thank you so much, Sarah ! Having reviews like this is the reason why we are OFFICIALLY HOSTEL # 1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 , VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! You are more then welcome back here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Very very good hotel, very comfortable, amazing and very thoughtful staff. I had my birthday on our first night and they had a surprise hen we came back! It was an amazing stay! I strongly recommend it.

Dear Aurore, having you and Anne as our guests was such a pleasure ! I am so glad, that you like your birthday party surprise :) Reviews like yours has made us THE BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015, VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you so much ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Good hostel, great staff, lot of fun

Can I use your great review for a slogan, Dan ? :) The girls at the Reception are allready missing you :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Great staff - I was welcomed with my name on a personalize sign and home made lemonade. My room had real beds not dorm beds. The only hostel I stayed at with a Roman wall in the dinning room. Good location in the old town and the outside area at the back is nice.

Chris, my friend ! It is so nice to see , that you loved our home made lemonade :) As you know - we don't have bunk beds and our dorm room is huge with only 4 beds :) The Roman Wall in the middle of our Dining Room is more than 2000 years old :) Thank you also for your new booking-we are waiting to see you back in August ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Awesome location. Safe area after dark. Huge lockers, awesome breakfast, great decor. The downside was that there weren't enough bathrooms, especially for busy mornings. I rated this hostel low on security because, when I asked for the bus sechedule, they kindly promted it for me. When I looked at the paper later, I saw that on the back of the paper was a printout of someone else's personal info. Recycling is good, but be safe with personal info! Hopefully this was a one-time mistake.

Dear Aimee, if you can show me a another hostel with Room/Bathroom Ratio 2:1 I will be very grateful :) We have 9 Rooms and 4 Brand New Modern Bathrooms :) As for the recycling- yes- we are proud to be environmental friendly ! The so called "personal info" you are referring is the first name of our former guests and his booking reference number :) Even the family name was not there :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Staying at Hostel Plovdiv was really great. The staff were friendly, the breakfast was good, and the back garden was lovely. The beds in the room were comfortable and the showers were hot. The location was also perfect, not far from the pedestrian street and Kapana (the Trap).

Rachel, my friend ! We are allready missing your smile :) I have to hire you to take care for our Public Relations :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Very nice staff, amazing old building with a very nice and secluded backyard space to rest, close to the center. Only thing you have to keep in mind - because it is an old house floorboards and doors are quite creaky - you might wake up quite early with other guests getting ready for the day and hustling and bustling about. Still, would stay there again. It's just sooo nice.

Dear Martin, Thank you so much for giving us 5/5 for Staff & Atmosphere ! You have seen and experienced the fact, that WE ARE THE ONLY HOSTEL IN TOWN WITH A REAL GARDEN and THE BEST LOCATION :) Thank's to reviews like your LONELY PLANET HAS AWARDED US AS # 4 IN THE WORLD FOR 2014 ! You are always welcome back herew ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in during five months of travel. The staff is great. The hostel is charming. The location in the Old City is great.

Having you as our guest was such a positive experience , Brian ! Giving us 100 % rating - thank you so much ! It was a pleasure for me to share with you the history of our house :) Thank you also for recommending us to your friends-they arrived safe and sound ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

I loved my time here and would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone. The staff is fantastic, and it didn't even feel like a hostel. For those of you who hate top bunks, this hostel is definitely for you! I stayed in a 'real' (not bunk) bed for the first time in weeks and it was fabulous.

We do not have bunk beds and will never have, Laura:) Only 4 beds in a spacious room :) And 4 bathrooms for 9 rooms :) Special thanks for such a glowing review - due to guests like you we have been AWARDED with TripAdvisor CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE FOR 2015 ! Our latest Big International Hospitality Award ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Absolutely amazing hostel! Probably the best I've ever been to. Beautiful building with a great atmosphere, all dark wood and big elegant rooms. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, giving advise and going out of their way to help. The dorms have grey beds and lockers. They don't have a kitchen you can use, but they give you free breakfast/tea/coffee. They welcome you with a sign and when I got there it was really early so they let me sleep on the couch and shower before checking in.

Eleanor, Our personalised welcoming is allready a Trade Mark ! We have fully equiped kitchen, sorry for not seeing it - it is in the garden :) Thank you for refering us as " THE BEST HOSTEL EVER " :) Your friends arrived safe and sound, thank you for recommending us to them ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

The staff were very helpful and asked me if I wanted a vegetarian breakfast which was nice. There is a pleasant terrace to socialise with other travellers if you want to and ,when you first arrive, the staff display "welcome" signs in the language of the person arriving which is a lovely touch. The rooms have nice beds and are tastefully decorated with many period items. All in all, a great experience but you might want to bring some earplugs as some travellers enjoy socialising into the night.

We are proud to offer vegeterian and vegan options for breakfast, Simon, thank you for noticing it :) As you allready know - WE ARE THE ONLY HOSTEL IN TOWN WITH A GARDEN :)Thank you also for recomending us to your friend ! He arrived safe and sound :) Best regards Hristo-the owner

Awesome stay - the owner and his Team are incredibly Kind and hospitable. There remained no more desires openly:)

100 % Positive Rating-thank you so much, Sara-Kristina ! It is because of reviews like yours we are now OFFICIALLY VOTED BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank ytou also for recommending us to your friends ! You are always welcome back here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Staff very helpful and the hostel is clean and had a great atmosphere. great location in the old town

Thank you and Long Live Australia, Haydn !!! I hope your trip to Istanbul was nice and safe ! Waiting to see you back soon ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

A personalized sign welcomed me and the decor is top notch. I love this hostel. Nice breakfast, cool travelers and staff in a wonderful city. I didn't get a locker but there were more probably.

It was so nice to share with you, Amanda, our latest Big International Award : TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2015 !!! Thank you also for the new booking ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)