Hostel Old Plovdiv Reviews

3 Chetvarti yanuari Str, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Amazing hostel and the staff were incredibly helpful.

Nice quiet hostel in the Old Town. They have a good breakfast and a lovely outdoor area but there wasn't much atmosphere when I was there. Sleeping in beds instead of bunks was a nice change.

maybe one of the best hostels I ever been. But for sure the worst staff I ever knew, and because of that and because I think we are talking about and hostel than can and must persuit the excellence I must be tough with my evaluation. They have this laydy red hair and glasses (sorry but its the only way to identifie her), that has a terrible sense of responsability and service. You ask anything and she in a correct manner make you fell stupid. A lot of bad experienses with Her but no space h

Thank you for evaluating as as "ONE OF THE BEST HOSTELS YOU EVER BEEN "! The lady with the red hair and the glasses is Maria, one of our Front Office managers and I am really sorry tro see, that she was not useful for you.Since I can not understand what is the problem - plerase send me a personal E-mail top tell me more about it so I can take care. I will asked Maria for the same! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Really great hostel with perfect location next to the fortress! Very welcoming staff with open atmosphere for socialising! Highly recommended! Especially for lone travellers

it is a really nice place. more of a hotel than a youth hostel. the location is nice and the beds are very comfortable and overall it is very clean

Thank you for recommending us to your friends ! They arrived safe and sound ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Not laundry service is the only thing that i would mentioned. Nowadays is the best hostel i ever visited. Fantastic.

Nice place but extremely noisy with the road atenant to the dormitory and the old wood floor... moreover, they put the lights on at any time during the night in the dormitories, without any consideration for the people who sleep there, and wake up everybody in the very middle of the night with no excuses. Quite rude... Almost no sleep during my stay.

Dear Emmanuele, I am sorry to see, that you have some issues , during your stay. Please accept my sincere regret., but nobody from Hostel staff has ever entered your room and put the lights on- it was your roommates :) Since it is your first stay in hostel and you have booked a Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Dorm Room you had to know, that you will share the room with 3 more people :) The so called noisy "road" is a small coblled street in the heart of the Old Town, so there 4-5 cars passing it daily :)

Great stay at this hostel. Very welcoming and good atmosphere. Would stay again.

Guest reviews are very important for us and having the highest possible rating in Bulgaria is a great honor for me and my team ! This is due to such positive comments like yours, Thomas ! Thank you also for placing a new booking for September ! Best regards Hristo

We had a great time at the Old Plovdiv. The welcome is extremely warm and the house is an amazing old house, renovated with great care. The little backyard is perfect for the good breakfast in the morning and beers at night. Very quiet and peaceful. If you meet the owner, he will readily tell you everything you want to know, be it about the house or travelling to Turkey. The prices are really good value. I would absolutely stay there again.

Helping you with advise and tips was a pleasure for me, Yvonne ! Thank you for appreciating this and for recommending us to our future guests ! Our house is a National Moniument of Culture, built 1868 and is the most beautiful in the heart of the Old Town. Chatting with you in the garden and sharing stories with other guests was a special moment for me too :) Waiting to see you back soon :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Everyone is so attentive and nice, even before arrival. The property is beautiful and the location ideal. Would definitely recommend it.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Viva La Mexico, Pamela ! Thank you for recommending us to our future guests - it is a great help for our family bussiness ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

What a privilege to stay in such a beautiful old building in Plovdiv's cute Old Town. Breakfast in the back garden was generous and peaceful; I could've sat there whole day! The 4-bed dorm was incredibly spacious and atmospheric with its dark-panelled wood. There was a lot of noise spill from the wooden floorboards on the stairs, but it's an old building. Highly recommended for the amazing price, quality of facilities and gorgeous location.

It was so great to share with you our Latest Big International Award: Top 5 Best Luxury Hostel in Europe, according to The Times Newspaper !!! Recommending us to your friends is such a nice gesure, Emma ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Amazing hostel. Beautiful house, staff were great, breakfast was great, rooms were cool and clean. Just perfect. Arrived late around 3am and we're still greeted warmly at reception. Highly recommend.

WOW ! Such a glowing feedback, thank you so much, Christine ! We are a family run hostel and reviews like this really give us strength to be even more better ! Thank's to you and all our guests we have been awarded as HOSTEL # 1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015, VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Waiting to see you back in September ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Unique location close to view of the city, sunset and Roman theatre.

Thank you for pointing our Top Location, Mathijs :) Just 24 meters from the Ethnographical Museum, 16 meters from the famous Balabanov's House Museum and 86 meters from the Roman Fortress on the top of the hill we offer our guests all they can dream for ! Main Pedestrian Street with shops, bars and galleries is only 3 minutes walking from us :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

This was the BEST hostel I've stayed at in my entire life. :) it had personality, but was cheap and the service was fantastic. Clean and a good breakfast included. I hope I will be able to come back to Plovdiv, just to stay at this hostel again.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

I really hope we deserve your compliments, Amanda !!! Thank's to reviews like your we are officially THE MOST AWARDED BULGARIAN HOSTEL EVER !!! For less than 3 years we receive following awards: 1. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014 & 2015 2. Best Value Stay # 4 in the World for 2014 by Lonely Planet 3. 2014 Guest Review Award by BOOKING.COM 4. Best Hostel in Bulgaria for 2015 by HOSTELWORLD.COM You are always welcome nack here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

This was an amazing place. The staff was amazing and extremely friendly. The only dislike I had during my stay was the age gap in guest that stayed. They were either younger or older and the older crowd complained on us at 10pm while having a few beers in the garden. I will be coming back to Plovdiv and staying at Old Plovdiv

Feedbacks like yours has made us HOSTEL # 1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 , VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you, Marko ! Waiting to see you back in August :) Best regards Hristo-the owner

Very good place to stay. Not sure about other hostels but this one is a must to stay :) Helpful staff. Clean and tidy rooms and shared facilities. Breakfast is good, and most important for me - coffee from fresh grained beans. Tip: when you are on you way for awhile let the hostel wash your clothes. Soft, perfect folded and smells awesome when they return it the next day :)

Dear Tam, thank you so much ! 100 % positive rating from an experienced traveller like you is a great honor for me and my team ! Now you know that we only serve Real Italian Esspresso Coffee and it is free for our guests 24/7 :) Our laundry service is the best in the city and our kitchen facilities are all you can dream for ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Very nice staff and wonderful facility! Nice lounge area and even an outdoor patio. Breakfast was fantastic! The staff went above and beyond in helping me while staying at the hostel. Great location in old town. Easy taxi ride from major transport hubs. Would stay at again.

Thank you so much, Sarah ! Having reviews like this is the reason why we are OFFICIALLY HOSTEL # 1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015 , VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! You are more then welcome back here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Very very good hotel, very comfortable, amazing and very thoughtful staff. I had my birthday on our first night and they had a surprise hen we came back! It was an amazing stay! I strongly recommend it.

Dear Aurore, having you and Anne as our guests was such a pleasure ! I am so glad, that you like your birthday party surprise :) Reviews like yours has made us THE BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2015, VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Thank you so much ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Good hostel, great staff, lot of fun

Can I use your great review for a slogan, Dan ? :) The girls at the Reception are allready missing you :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Great staff - I was welcomed with my name on a personalize sign and home made lemonade. My room had real beds not dorm beds. The only hostel I stayed at with a Roman wall in the dinning room. Good location in the old town and the outside area at the back is nice.

Chris, my friend ! It is so nice to see , that you loved our home made lemonade :) As you know - we don't have bunk beds and our dorm room is huge with only 4 beds :) The Roman Wall in the middle of our Dining Room is more than 2000 years old :) Thank you also for your new booking-we are waiting to see you back in August ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3