Hostel Old Plovdiv Reviews

3 Chetvarti yanuari Str, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I had a great stay here! The location is great and the staff were excellent. The building is very charming but that unfortunately also means the walls are thin so sometimes it sounds like people in the hall are in your room. I definitely recommend this hostel for your stay in Plovdiv!

Its is such a pleasure to see, that you have enjoyed your stay, Kerry ! Thank you for recommending us to John and Tim - they arrived safe and sound :) Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Absolutely wonderful, in the center of the old town. The fact that most of the rooms are made of wood gives it a very cosy atmosphere. Beds are very comfy and the living room is just amazing!

It was so great to celebrate with you our newest Big Intarnational Hospitality Award-Hostel Old Plovdiv is officially the Best Hostel In Bulgaria for 2016 ! Thank you, Hostelworld.com ! Two years in a row- we want to thank to all our guests for their amazing reviews and for sharing their experience ! Your great feedback Nicolas is the ultimate award for me and my team ! You are always welcome back here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Been there twice, and definitely going back, when I need a place in Plovdiv! Great staff, awesome location and the place itself is amazing, giving you that vintage feeling. I'd actually like to live in such a house! Go ahead and book it, you won't regret it!

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Bulgaria

It was so nice to share with you our Latest Big International Award: BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2016, VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM !!! It is due to excellent reviews like yours, Dzhengiz ! Thank you so much ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

this is an uber-quaint hostel in the heart of old plovdiv. the building is cozy, full of history. the common room seating arrangement is one of the best i've experienced, making connecting with others very easy. the breakfast and wifi are finei. the shower head had disco lights built into it, so i took to taking showers in the dark...fantastic. they provided one of the warmest welcomes i've ever experienced. it's an old building, so the walls are thin, and sound travels.

WOW ! It was so great to share with you our latest Hostelworld.com Award: VOTED BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2016 BY HOSTELWORLD.COM ! This is due to you too, Aaaron and to 5989 more happy guests ! Thank you and you are always welcoma back here ! P.S. Our cat Veneta sends regards :) Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Fantastic hostel, one of the friendliest, cosiest and most lovely we have ever stayed in! The owner was very accommodating that we were vegans and we had an excellent breakfast everyday of salad, fruit, toast and jam, muesli and soya milk which they specially bought for us. All of the staff were lovely and helpful too :) Highly recommend this hostel!

• 19th Jan 2016

To have such a great feedback from experienced travellers like you is such a great honor, Charlie !!! We offer our guests Vegeterian and Vegan Options for Breakfast and it is so nice to see, that you have enjoy it ! I hope your trip to Macedonia will be nice and safe ! You are always welcome back here ! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

My only problem was that, in the 5-bed dormitory, I was stuck under the heating unit. I couldn't sleep because one roommate had it on 30 C three nights in a row. Everything else was amazing.

Thank you for this positive feedback, Joseph ! Because of you We Are Officially the Best Hostel in Bulgaria for 2016, Voted by Hostelworld.com ! Two years in a row- we want to thank to all our guests for their amazing reviews and for sharing their experience ! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Wonderful hostel. Very pleasant and welcoming stay.

Sharing with you pour Latest Big International Award was an honor for me, Brian ! Due to guests like you we are officially THE BEST HOSTEL IN BULGARIA FOR 2016, VOTED BY HOSTELWORLD.COM !!! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Bunks were extremely nice for their price, almost hotel level. Owner was very friendly and always made sure everything was alright with us. Breakfast was pretty amazing as well. Definately one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Such a great start of 2016 with your excellent review ! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our future guests, Justin ! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

The staff was really really nice. Very friendly and helpful. The owner was very kind with us and gave us tips even for our next destination. The place is awesome and it totally made us love Plovdiv even more. Totally worth it!

I hope my tips for Istanbul were usefull for you :) Thank you for placing new booking, we are waiting to see you back in February :) Best regards Hristo

Velislava and Hristo's watm welcome made my stay in Plovdiv incredible. The house represents the spirit of the old town and makes you feel at home. The beds are very wide and comfortable and the rooms themsleves were very warm and cozy. The staff is incredibly nice and if it's sunny tgey will take you outside in the garden and tell you more about the city. Everything was perfectly clean and I was given a wecoming present. Thank you sincerely, I am definitely coming back.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

Sometimes even small things, like getting a new great review like yours can make us feel so happy :) It is an honor for us to have you back as our guest, Su :) Best regards Hristo and Velislava

I received a very warm welcome. Friendly and accommodating staff. A cozy hostel with indescribable atmosphere!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

It is so nice to finish 2015 with such a great feedback from an experienced traveller, thank you , Vladi ! Best regards Hristo

Perfect location. But more of a B&B than a hostel.

Is it bad to be more like B&B?:) You have booked 2 dorm beds and I have upgrated you for free into a Dounble Private Room. If this is B&B feeling you have - yes, I am guilty :) Thank you for giving us the highest possiblle rating for Staff and Location- it is much appreciated ! Waiting to see you back in 2016 ! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

This stay in Old Plovdiv was not my first and surely won't be the last! I'm an experienced traveler, but I have never encountered such spectacular hospitality. Rooms are spotless, beautiful, and authentic, the location and facilities are ideal, as for the atmosphere and service: the character limit for reviews on this website doesn't allow me to use all the words the Gyulevi family deserve for maintaining such a cozy and friendly living space. From the bottom of my heart I recommend a stay here.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

WOW ! Such a great feedback! Thank you so much ! Having you for 5-th time this year as our guest is such an honor ! Thank you for sharing your experience with our future guests and for recommending us ! Best regards Hristo and Velislava

Fantastic location and great staff! The owners really went out of their way to make sure I had a great experience. Would definitely recommend it.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

My friend ! It is so nice to see, that you have a great experience, staying at Hostel Öld Plovdiv"! Thank you also for recomending us to Ivan - he arrived safe and sound :) Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

Great place to stay!!! Very nice welcome with greetings on a board with your name on it, comming with hot tea! Perfect location in the middle of the old town! Delicious and hearty breakfast! The internet is excellent all over the place. Very beautiful gardan and comfy common room. And of course very frendly stuff, ready to help with everything and the owner - Hristo is greets you and asks how you sleep, how you feel, which makes you like home!!! Definitely recommend it highly!

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

This feedback is so fantastic, thank you so much for this positive attitude ! Just to read reviews like yours is award big enough to justify all our efforts to offer first class service and genuine Bulgarian Hospitality ! Waiting to see you back in February 2016 ! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Incredibly hospitable and accommodating hosts, paired with a stunningly preserved old building, makes a good recipe for a memorable experience. Staff goes the extra mile in thoughtful little gestures. A highlight of my trip by far!

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Singapore

At the end of the year after more than 5 000 guests welcomed, to read such a positive review is the best award for the efforts of my team to be THE BEST HOSTEL NOT ONLY IN BULGARIA !You have catched the essence of our house and managed to pass it to our future guests in such a positive way , thank you for this! Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

I had a superb experience in hostel Old Plovdiv! It is located in the heart of the old city and has maintained the original style of the old Bulgarian houses. The owners are very hardworking people who love their guests and make sure that everybody staying in the hostel feels at home. The smiles never come off their faces. The food is great and the rooms are very cosy and beautifully decorated. It's the best hostel I've visited, by far. 10 out of 10.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

My dear friend !!! Thank you so much ! Thanks to reviews like yours WE ARE OFICIALLY HOSTEL #1 IN BULGARIA FOR 2015, ACCORDING TO HOSTELWORLD.COM ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

We had a wonderful stay at Old Plovdiv! This is a beautiful hostel in a great location. The dorm rooms are spacious and homely (the absence of bunk beds was a nice surprise!), the bathroom is modern and clean, the breakfast is great and the staff are all very welcoming and accomodating. The owner is especially friendly. He even offered us a lift to the bus station when we couldn't get a taxi. He is very very passionate about his city and he wants to see that his guests have the best time :)

Dear Guest, we dont have bunk beds and we wil never have :) I really appreciate to see, that you have like our Warmest Bulgarian Hospitality and the great location we have ! Your review is one of the most positive we ever have ! Thank you for recommending us to your friends too :) Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

Such a great hostel woth a unique history. Right in the center of old town. The owner is so enthusiastic and loves what he does which really reflects on his work ethic.

Thank you, you warm my heart :) I really enjoy what I work and you have managed to feel it :) Thank you for pointing Our Top Location in the Heart of Historical Old Town too. We are just meters away from the best galleries, museums and restaurants ! Waiting to seeyou back soon :) Best regards Hristo-the owner:)

It was a great experience! The staff is very nice and the location of the hostel is amazing. The hostel itself has preserved the unique atmoshpere of the old town. It is like you are entrering a world centuries ago, being surrounded by so much history, tradition and art. I will reccommend the place to anyone who wants to take the best from Plovdiv.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thank you so much :) We are hoping to see you back in January 2016 ! Best regards Hristo-the owner :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3