Hostel Old Plovdiv Reviews

3 Chetvarti yanuari Str, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Great experience!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Blagodarja ! :) You & friends are kind of guests we dream for ! Best regards Hristo

this is definitely the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. I came with a few friends and despite some last minute changes Hristo put us in an amazing room. I had to tell the girls I was with not to expect this quality from every hotel they stayed it. Situated in an amazing part of town in an amazing old building it was everything i could have ever wanted.

It is so great to see, that our guests evaluate us like you !!! Thank you ! You and the girls are always welcome back here ! Best regards: Hristo

perfect hostel, best I've ever stayed in. couldnt have asked for better staff and service!

• 7th Jul 2014

Thank you, my Australian friend :) You left some broken hearts at our Reception Front Office :) Best regards Hristo

Wonderful hostel! Staff were super friendly and helpfull. The place was super clean, comfy beds, in a charming old building, great decor, fab location and great atmosphere, this place was too good to be classed as a 'hostel'. Loved my stay here, many thanks to Hristo and the team.

Wow ! Thank you so much for giving us the highest possible rating ! Now you know, that we are not only THE BEST IN BULGARIA, but voted as # 4 IN THE WORLD FOR 2014 BY LONELY PLANET ! Waiting to see you back in September :) Best regards: Hristo

The little things go a long way! Staff and facilities are incredible. The owner, Hristo, goes out of his way to make sure you feel welcomed and taken care of. No bunk beds, flooded showers, or fighting for outlets, so it feels more like your staying with a friend. Location is perfect for exploring old town Plovdiv and staff gives you plenty of help on the best ways to experience Bulgaria!

WE allready miss you :) Thank you ! Me & my wife has invested our hearts in this house and it is always nice to see, that this is much appreciated ! Best regards Hristo

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The owner is a really nice guy, he came and found me in his car and lead me to his hostel when I couldn't get through the streets. They had a welcome sign and a flag at the entrance for me to make me feel at home. The staff are super friendly, breakfast was awesome. The rooms are really tastefully decorated and super comfortable and the whole place is clean. Would come back, just to stay at the hostel.

Thank you, my friend and Long Live Australia :) It was so nice to have you as our guest ! As you know we are THE ONLY HOSTEL IN TOWN WITH FREE PARKING & GARDEN :) Waiting to see you back in September :) Best regards: Hristo

Incredible place! Beautiful building in a great location. The staff were helpful and very proud of what they've set up which was nice to see. Great value for money and a definite if you're in Plovdiv.

WOW ! Thank you ! It was honor to share with you our achievments: # 4 IN THE WORLD BEST VALUE STAY FOR 2014 BY LONELY PLANET and CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE FOR 2014 BY TRIPADVISOR ! Best regards: Hristo

Great Hostel, brilliant location, super friendly staff, beautiful building, comfortable, clean, relaxing, cant find fault definitely stay here. We all loved our staying here, didn't want to leave and hope to return one day.

The best hostel i ahve ever stayed! Great and friendly staff and owner, clean, best bathrooms and showers of all hostels, great location and ameazing commom garden!

• 9th Jun 2014

To have the highest possible rating from such an experienced traveller like you is a great honor !!! YES, WE ARE THE ONLY HOSTEL IN TOWN WITH A GARDEN :) WE HAVE 9 ROOMS AND 4 BRAND NEW BATHROOMS, MAINTAINED PERFECTLY CLEAN 24/7 ! All the girls from our front office are allready missing you :)

This hostel is absolutely amazing. You have to see and experience the place to believe it.

• 5th Jun 2014

WOW ! Thank you, my friend :) The girls from our front office send you million of kisses & hugs:) It was a great pleasure to talk with you in our garden, under the fruit trees :) Best regards: Hristo

Four of us stayed in Hostel Old Plovdiv for two nights while we explored Plovdiv. We had a great stay and found the care and attention of the staff was of very high quality. The Hostel has a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere, and yet is run very efficiently. The house and courtyard garden are extremely attractive, being beautifully restored, with loads of original features. We will be back whenever we visit Plovdiv.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place at perfect location and with nice staff. Clear, good facilities, free breakfast. That is it.

Fantastic, friendly and welcoming staff. A gorgeous, unique and clean hostel in the perfect location. A hostel far better than many hotels with a cost to better most hostels. Will definately recommend to all and will be sure to return, Many Thanks guys. Danny (Mario # 4)

Thank you! To have you and the boys as our guests was a real pleasure ! THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING US TO YOUR FRIENDS TOO ! We are waiting to see you back in September ! Best regards Hristo

Fantastic place. The location is right in the middle of the Old Town area and is a great base from which to explore the Old area of Plodiv. Staff are very friendly and helpful and are a great source of information on things to do including organising day trips to areas around Plodiv. The facilities are of excellent standard. Would definitely stay here again.

It so nice of you to give us THE HIGHEST POSSIBLLE RATING !

Very compétent and friendly staff. Beautiful hostel.

I always start my day monitoring new reviews :) So you really make my day !!! Thank you also for recommending us to your friends. Best regards Hristo

Great Hostel, in fact the nicest owners on my whole trip from Athens to Istanbul. The place hast the perfect location, the house itself is beautiful and everything. The breakfast could be better but it's very much okay, too ;] Defenitely a first choice place as a hostel!

• 5th May 2014

Danke ! You had just make my day ! It is always great to see, that our guests appreciate our efforts to give them top quality service ! Best regards Hristoi

5 star hostel - totally welcoming, very friendly staff and excellent price value, located in the heart of Old Plodiv. The owner was very kind to come pick us up from the rain, welcome us with hot tea and arranged everything for a perfect stay. The building and the back garden are incredibly beautiful. We felt very special. I highly recommend the place!

Our guests from Romania are always so positive and smiling ! Thank you so much for your great feedback ! Best regards Hristo

Too many "best hostel ever" reviews on this website but to be honest Im having trouble thinking of a better one than old plovdiv. The building is gorgeous, beds more comfortable than the usual plus proper beds, not double bunks, the garden is just so (not a dark alley way) and the staff particularly excellent. And there's a chunk of thracian wall in the breakfast room which makes a fine 5000 year old conversation piece. One finds it difficult to leave.

It is so great to see, that our efforts to offer first class service are much appreciated ! Thank you for this wonderful feedback !!! It is great honor for me & my team, that you also recommended us to your friends ! You are always welcome back here ! Best regards Hristo

Fantastic gem of a building situated in the heart of old town. Staff members were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were enormous and the showers always hot. One of the best hostels i've ever stayed in!

So personal feedback ! Thank you ! We are waiting to see you back in September :) Best regards Hristo

Very good breakfast, YUMMY!!!

Thank you ! Yes , OUR BREAKFAST IS GREAT ! Real Italian Espresso Coffee, 5 varieties of Tea, Italian Ham& Salami, Olives from Greece, Famous Bulgarian White Cheese, Famous Bulgarian Yellow Cheese (Kashkaval), Jam, Honey, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Butter, Toasted Bread (White & Full grain) , Muesli & Milk :) And it is served in our beautiful inner garden :) Best regards Hristo