Hostel Olet Reviews

Havliekovo nam. 10, Prague 3, Prague, Czech Republic

I enjoyed the stay a lot; nice to stay in a school during summer holidays. The hostel was very clean, people "behaved" very well and I found a good night's sleep. The only strange thing was that I was charged an additional 15 CZK as "tourist fee". The other two hostels in which I stayed in Prague have not had such a fee. According to Olet, that fee was introduced by the municipality of Prague just some weeks ago at the beginning of August. However, it felt just like a reason to earn a bit more.

There should be less beds in a room, I think

Very interesting to be staying in a school house while the kids are on summer break, amazing garden and soccer field area out back as we'll as the cafeteria serving as a bar type area at night. A large beer was 25 korunas ($1.30usd) so amazing. Close to the central train station and the metro to go to all the touristy spots. It was always clean and staff more than helpful

if you want to have the real prague experience, go to this place. This place gives you everything you deserve at that moment.

It did what it said on the tin, was good to rest your head for the night.

It's a bit too bad that the doors cannot be locked individually, and that even most of the toilets don't have a key to lock them. But I was looking for a cheap place to stay for one night, so I guess for that it was fair enough.

Hello Nathalie, I want tell you something about that toilet keys. I personally bought 150 keys at the start of season (1.7.2013). We have 26 lockable toilets and 7 lockable showers. That´s 33 keys necessary to have and 117 keys in advance. Now we are out of keys and few left on some doors. Question is, where are those keys? Should i give all tourist deposit even for that thing? Even now people complain about deposits for everything... Its because of that...

nice place gets noisy on wknds because there is a club on the first floor. Facilities are lacking because there are 4 floors. But,only showers on 1/3 floors for men very small showers also. man must turn sideways to enter/exit shower. But, women have showers and toilets on all 4 floors

Hostel is in really good place. My friends and me were very happy. I was really surprised by beds, they were so comfortable, after very long trip by car it was so good just lye down and relax

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Lithuania

The hostel is perfect for people who want to chill out and make friends, probably suited towards the 18-25 range. The value for money is incredible with lots of good facilities in the hostel, like table tennis, a big garden, football pitch and a bar. The staff were always friendly and the location is in a nice cheap and cheerful place of prague with a 10 minute tram into the center. The best value for money hostel I have been to

• 14th Aug 2013

It would have been nice to have some lockers in the rooms for our important things.The breakfast was like air-nothing good in it, and we couldn't eat or drink till we were full.When we were about to check in,the receptionist's phone rang and she picked it up and started to have a private conversation.After she hung up she didn't excuse herself and(of course)had forgotten what she was about to do before the phone rang, so we, and the ppl behind us had to wait even longer.She wouldn't smile either

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. Yes, it was a bit untidy at points but the staff's approach to the customers swept all the negatives away. The common room is really cool and almost makes you forever want to stay in the hostel and not even check out the city. When you check out (10 am) you can still store your bags there for free and you can hang out in the common room, use the bathrooms and even shower. I mean, what other hostel would let you that?

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

It's basically what you can expect for a price this low. The building (normally a primary school) is a bit shabby and the sanitary rooms as well, but everything is clean and works. No locks for toilets and showers. A lot of space in the rooms, but few sockets. No elevator, so if your room is on the fourth level, you might have difficulties with heavy luggage. Staff is slow (there's always a queue in front of the reception), but nice. Free WiFi in the common rooms. Breakfast is horrible.

You get what you pay for. The fact that this place is usually a school gave it an interesting character. Shared lockers were a weird concept (really not the point of a locker). Breakfast was average but free. You needed to leave a deposit for everything (linen/towels etc) but you get it back when u leave. 1 women's shower on our floor was a joke (between about 5 x 10 bed dorms). Also a guy that worked there put an extra mattress on our floor at 1am...

This place is actually a school that is converted into a hostel over the summer. So its not terribly posh or plush, but it is really cheap and fairly clean! Its rather far from the Old Town, but the tram system is cheap and easy to use, so its not that big of a deal.

This hostel was brilliant! Ideal for a group of young backpackers to stay. Atmosphere was great with everyone staying there mixing together. Rooms were spacious & bathroom facilities kept clean. lots of info on places to go & pub crawls etc. Also has its own bar to buy drink if you run out and no complaints about being too noisy etc. Staff were also very friendly and helpful. Directions given from wrong train station but signs on the road were a great help. Good location. Fav hostel of our trip.

As long as you leave your valuables at the counter, and don't mind a loud hostel, this is a GREAT find. The kitchen is surprisingly one of the more comprehensive I've seen in a hostel. The hostel looks very suspect but is surprisingly clean and the people in charge of keeping it clean work seemingly all day to keep it that way. A really great hostel to meet people in as well. It's not a place to be pampered, but if you don't mind "roughing-it" a little, it's an incredible place!

Hostel 's atmosphere is very nice, the old priary school is such a cool place to sleep. Staff is good, professionnal and friendly. Nice stay in Olet Hostel

• 2nd Aug 2013

Lets be honest, for the price (I was paying about 150czk/6eur a night) it's hard to not like it. Sure you have to hike up ten flights of stairs to get to your room, the beds are hard as rocks, and everyone is smoking inside this temporarily converted elementary school, but for 6eur a night I'd do it again (and actually did extend my stay while I was there).

Very cheap and clean. Lovely atmosphere, met travelers from all over the world. Would definitely recommend.

This youth hostel is inside a school, so that the dormitories are inside the children's room, and are decorated with children's drawings. There is a cheap bar inside the hostel, you even can put your music on. As the hostel is very big, the dormitories are quiet even if it is a really good place for partying.