Hostel Olet Reviews

Havliekovo nam. 10, Prague 3, Prague, Czech Republic

Considering the guests staying here the facilities were clean and nice. But they did not enforce their stated quiet hours (7-10) in the slightest and it made those of us that actually wanted to sleep at night and explore the city during The day fairly miserable. It is possible to still have a fun, party friendly atmosphere without allowing people to scream and shout in the hallways at 3am. With that said, it was cheap and there was a free breakfast. I was just glad I had earplugs.

it is a good and comfortable place.Maybe i will use their service in the future

• 9th Jul 2013
  • Belarus

Its a school turned into a summer hostel but its kept clean. Its near the bus station which was good. I had paid for the breakfast online, yet they charged me extra on arrival (though it was just 1 euro)

Only one girls and boys shower per floor for about 3 rooms of 11. Very close to station and easy to find way to town but a bit of a walk. Very good staff and atmospher

It's in an old school with big echo-y rooms, so even if people are trying to be quiet, it's VERY noisy. Bring earplugs, the creaky door and floors of my room woke me up everytime someone tried to sneak in to sleep. Otherwise no complaints, good price and clean, not far from the center of the city.

Not the best hostel in Prague, but one of the cheap options..

Absolutely great !! Great atmosphere, great people to meet, great idea with the old school ! ! !

• 19th Aug 2012

fantastic hostel. you can do everything you want, always! it's just the ideal hostel to meet people, have fun and do many activities! you can BBQ, play footbal, blaze everywhere, play table tennis, flipper, and play your own music and drink beer when you get back from the night out! love it! 100%

The school that works as a hostel of the summer months is a great idea. Essentially because of there being the necessary facilities for a school there is like wise the right facilities for a hostel. Unfortunately it is run rather loosely. Where people are allowed to smoke everywhere- it therefore has a grotty atmosphere. The dorm rooms realistically don't have enough airflow for the amount of people in the room- so they smell. The mattresses are very hard and there is inadequate bedding provided

Bedlinen means a blanket wrapped around some hard sofa cushions. If you want a blanket or a pillow you have to make deposit. I could not charge my phone in the dorm room because the sockets did not work. There were no locks on most toilets. If you want to party with a bunch of teenagers, this is the place to stay. If you want accommodation, go somewhere else. What sort of people stay here if you cannot give them a pillow and a blanket without taking money as insurance?

If people would be honest enough, there wont be any deposit. Unfortunately they are not. Hostel Olet is open for 22 years and it wasnt our idea to have deposits. People made it and we just secure as. Why should i buy 20 pillows and blankets, if there is way that cost NOTHING and everyone give you back? Deposit is just a deposit, so its still free. Think about it... It wasnt us who made it, people act that we had to make it....

Hostel Olet is a bit far from the city center but access by tram is not bad The Internet access was bad. I couldn't send any email with photos from this place. The building is old and big. I walkedd up to the kitchen on the top floor. The scenary from the top is good but why is the kitchen on the top of the building?

When we first arrived at the hostel, there wasn't lockers for us so we had to sleep with all our valuables under our pillow. There's no locks on any doors and there's only a dozen of lockers. We booked ourselves into a 8-person mixed dorm but in our room there was 10 inhabitants. The mattresses and pillows are really hard, but it didn't cause any troubles after you got used to it. The Hostel's facilities are very worn and crappy, but we had really good time in this Hostel and in Prague.

Dear Mikko Niemeläinen We really do appreciate you enjoyed your staying in our hostel, but please if you make reservation read all info about it. There is written about that we need to move beds sometimes so some groups may stay together in the same room, also about mattresses. As for the lockers, we offer safe at the reception desk for your valuables. Have a nice traveling Youth Hostel Olet

Generally not at all what was expected from reading the info on hostelworld

Dear Tania Attruia Could you be a little bit more specific about what is wrong for you please ? I really do think that everything you can expect in our hostel is written there. Thank you

You get what you pay for. I was out of the hostel at 8am in the morning and wouldn't return until i absolutely had nothing else to do in town at 10pm later because the thought of heading back to this hostel made me cringe really hated staying here.

Pretty poor atmosphere, you get what you pay for. Location wasn't too far from the centre, but the beds were very uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't go back here.

One of the cheapest place in town, great if you don't really plan on sleeping. The fact that the hostel is a school during the year and a hostel only during summer holidays is kinda weird, and the children paintings on the wall makes the atmosphere unique. There is a tram station near, the city center is 7 or 8 minutes away by tram, there is a bar inside, a very young ambiance. I definitly recommend it for a few nights of drinking.

• 8th Aug 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff were less than interested in helping and answering questions, let alone greeting you! Security and lockers were few and far between. The setup is a shamble! Its dirty, dark and creepy! Wouldn't stay again unless I was extreme desperate - and even then I'd have my doubts!

A lovely, very clean hostel at a very good price and close to TV tower, with possibility to add cheap and tasty breakfast and additional laundry, always warm showers, wifi and enough electricity sockets, enough common rooms, wifi around office and in 1st floor near office and computer room, 24hrs supermarket, a sleeping bag can be useful to save borrowing blankets and pillows for deposit, fellow travellers were all ok, walked from flora subway mall downhills was easy to reach. Will visit again.

they tell you what to expect before you get there... it was a great social hostel, easy to meet people ready to party. kinda a long walk to the old town and stuff, but its in a nice quite neighborhood with some nice little restaurants nearby. although wasnt a big fan of being able to smoke inside

Nice place to stay, and quite inexpensive.