Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Excellent family atmosphere with staff who go above and beyond to help you enjoy your stay in Barcelona. John "the night guy" adds to the security at night. Nightly outings to bars and clubs.

Had the best experience in this hostel, the stuff is amazing and very friendly, they give the best info about the area and with the best attitude, definitely I would stay in this place again.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Hostel One was Amazing!! Super friendly staff, great location.. It was not in La Rambla like it seemed most hostels were so I like that it was not extremely loud outside the hostel yet it still had tons to do and see da round it and was very close walking to La Rambla, Metro, and tons of great things to do and see in Barcelona.. Free dinners (just give a tip), Free Sangria, they brought us all to the best places.. What is not to like.. They make you feel like family when you are here. 5 stars

I LOVE THIS HOSTEL. This was my second time staying here and I still don't want to leave. Angel, Mauro, and Merline will make you feel right at home. Good location, clean facilities, and a very social environment. I'll be back for a third time before too long!

Had a great time in this hostel. The staff is extremely helpful in explaining the city. The manager Angel is great at hospitality and information. Other employees like Merilyn cook and take people out to bars every night and show everyone a great time. There is a group dinner every night at 9pm so its a great way to meet other people before going out or sightseeing. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Location is a few blocks from metro station so its easy to get anywhere.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • ktc927

So much love for this hostel! Staff are friendly, genuine and make lots of effort to include everyone and its a great place to meet people. Communal area is cosy, breakfast great value and the location is just right. Thanks a lot!

This place is amazing. I originally planned to stay for a couple days, but I had to extend my trip because how great this hostel was! The staff, Angel, Mauro, PJ, Cynthia, are all very passionate and knowledgeable about Barcelona. The minute I walked in, they treated me like family. As a solo traveller, this hostel provides a great atmosphere to meet new people! It is always clean, and is very central! I definitely now have a home when I visit Barcelona again. Thank you Hostel One Paralelo!

• 23rd Feb 2015

As far as I'm concerned this is the only hostel to stay in if you're going to Barcelona. The staff and the atmosphere are amazing. Go there and find out

Angel ES yn angel Es el host and he is so amazing he is always guiding you and advising you super professional all the stuff are amazing the food that they cooks ne the beds are so clean and the elevator makes it easier angel makes you feel at home!!! I will defiantly recommend it to you or anyone trying to spend less and get quality!!! There is always fresh breakfast and dinner !!! It's so close to everywhere !!! Angel is the name of the manager and he is the BEST , we love him ! From Miami

• 22nd Feb 2015

I cant recommend this place enough. From the location, to the staff, to the guests everything exceeded my expectations. Ideal for solo travellers as the staff encourage a communal vibe. Every evening everyone sits down for dinner together (provided by the hostel) before heading out to party together. You'll probably find you know everyone by the end of the first evening. Always very clean, great showers too. Quiet dorms most of the time (dorms are far from communal areas). Book it!

Best hostel I’ve stayed in. The room was nice and had everything you need, bathroom was very nice and clean. The kitchen and sitting area had a nice family feel to it. Every night they cook a nice dinner and in return you put in a tip into the box for the next night. The best thing about the hostel however, was the staff. All were happy to help and nothing was ever too much trouble, especially Angel who is possibly my best friend ever now. All in all couldn’t ask for anything more. - Lee

Great place to stay if you want to get good location, great mood and awesome experience of Barcelona! Great people at the reception are extremely helpful and friendly!) Thanks to Angel and all other guys who took so much care of us – you made our stay super brilliant!))

We had such an amazing stay at Hostel One Parelo! Amazing staff, free tasty dinner, and always an excellent atmosphere! If you are going to Barcelona, make sure you stay here, it will make your trip!! Can't wait to return!

Best hostel I stayed at during my whole time around Europe. The staff is really helpful and make you feel right at home. It is the perfect place to meet plenty of other travellers since we all had supper at the hostel together in the evening. It is in a good location, close to some of the main attractions and good places to go out. You can also get a cheap breakfast in the morning at the hostel and the rooms are cleaned every day.

Hostel One Paralelo is really amazing. I stayed there for 8 nights and it was really enjoyable. The location is good. In 15 minutes, u can reach major sites and the fish market. Staff there are really friendly and make u feel at home. They will cook for u for dinner, so with a little tips, u can have dinner almost for free. and They will take u out to bars and clubs. I miss staff there already. They make my journey really enjoyable. I highly reccomend this place to everybody.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • China

I had an amazing time in Barcelona and the staff at the hostel were a big part of the reason why! Angel, PJ, Charlie made everyone feel so welcome and a part of the family. It was my first hostel experience and I am afraid no other place will be able to compete. I will definitely be back!

• 16th Feb 2015

While booking, I was shocked by all the reviews and thought that everyone is probably exaggerating.. But all these reviews dont lie. Hostel One Paralelo isn't just a hostel, it is a caring, every-day growing family of likeminded people, who you will never forget and will make your stay in Barcelona once a lifetime experince! :) I met so many great people and many of them even prolonged their stay because it really is hard to leave! Thank you for making me feel at home, hope to come back soon.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

I made so many friends during my stay at hostel one!! Including the staff, so many wonderful humans!! The location might not be right in the middle of everything, but after my stay in Barcelona, I know I wouldn't have wanted to be at one in the middle of the city. It was in a quit part of town, with great food near by!! The generous dinner based off tips is must another example of how wonderful these people were!! Great patio, but you gotta take the hottub off the website if its not open;)

The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Like other hostel ones I've stayed in you felt like family as soon as you stepped through the door.

• 14th Feb 2015

Every day and night I've spent in One Paralelo was so great! It's like a family this hostel, and that was my feeling from my arrival. So thank you very much Mauro for your good suggestions and advises, thank you Merilin for your tasty homemade dinners, and thank you Angel for being such a good manager and a very open minded person! Thank you One Paralel for offering me such a good time in Barcelona!

• 14th Feb 2015