Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2018 Total Reviews

Incredibly warm atmosphere! All the staff manages to make everybody feel like home: all the crazy ideas you have are welcomed and supported, nice evening talks and crazy parties- everything is possible here! Thank you so much!

I absolutely LOVED staying here! I would recommend it to any young traveler looking to have a great time in Barcelona. The staff really cares about their customers and are always going above and beyond to ensure their happiness. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay!!! I can't wait to come back.

• 13th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've visited in Europe! Despite the fact that no night staff were scheduled, the host stayed up late in order to greet me at 1 AM. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and get the most out of your stay. It was great! If you don't have a lock for the locker, your stuff will be safe in the luggage room. My only suggestion is to arrive in the daytime; Barcelona can be scary if you're alone at night. and Hostel One is down some mazey side streets.

• 9th Mar 2014

Amazing time in Barcelona and at the Hostel!! Thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Although I stayed here during the low season, I absolutely loved the homely and warm atmosphere of this hostel and how friendly and helpful the staff were. It was like a big family. Thank you for making my stay awesome, Carla, Gonçalo and PJ! The meal that Gonçalo cooked was also super delicious. The only thing that I can recommend is to make the bunk beds less squeaky but apart from that it was wonderful and I would highly recommend this hostel.

The atmosphere is amazing, you are really feeling welcome. There's a "family" dinner every night, drinks and music, going out for a wild club crawls. But it should mainly be a HOSTEL and for that, the rooms are claustrophobic, I caught someone smoking weed in my bedroom (no fire alarm), no remote controls for aircon (really cold at night), staff is super nice but not well organised (they overbooked the place and when I came back at 8 am once, I had to sleep on the porch bed).

I liked it. The dinner is absolutely delicious each day, and only 2 euro! The breakfast is also awesome, and only 2.50, and served until 12pm usually. The staff is nice, especially Carla was super helpful. They all take you out wherever you want to go each night which was great. Easy to meet others in the common room. Only suggestions are comfier chairs in common room, faster wifi in rooms, hand towels/paper towels in bathroom, and darker curtains for the morning light. Would stay again!

I would repeat if i would have to go again to Barcelona

Fantastic small hostel. Warm welcome, nice and airy rooms, cool kitchen/lounge, and fun guy running the place who played drinking games with us, a group of solo travellers from all over the place. Round the corner from a whole street of awesome cheap tapas places. Good hostel to meet other people.

I had a good time during my stay, though I'm not sure why this hostel was rated the best in Spain. The facilities themselves were a little cramped, and I thought it was strange that I had to go through someone else's room to get to mine. The staff was helpful. I appreciated the nightly dinner they did, as it brought guests together.

Had a great time in Barcelona! Angel helped us out from the get-go and showed us the known and lesser-known spots. We saw a lot in 2 days thanks to his tips! There's a great atmosphere in the hostel and they make great meals there. They even accommodated for our vegetarian needs (which is a rarity in Spain :P )! Came back a second time, which is always a good sign! Will be back a third time soon, surely!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

By far the best hostel! You will feel like you are in your home with your friends and family. The staff is amazing and always helpful. Definitely they can make your journey to Barcelona a lot better.

Honestly, one the the greatest hostels I have ever stayed in. I love the dinner and the group outings at night as well. Angel is one great tour guide!

• 20th Feb 2014

I don't even know how to start. Great location with nearby local tapas spots, awesome common area set up to meet other travelers where you have the reception, kitchen, everything together making it perfect to meet new people. The staff is legendary! They will help you but not like ordinary staff that just answer your question and then "next"! They will really talk to you like your best friend and make you feel welcomed and at home! The facilities are also modern and clean! amazing place for sure

I absolutely loved my stay here - the staff is amazing!!! This has by far been my best experience in a hostel. If you decide to visit Barcelona and you are a social person, then you should definitely stay at Hostel One Paralelo. The atmosphere is wonderful, the dinners are great, and the people are very friendly!

loved the dinner and the staff. keep up the good work!

I was the First time in this hostel, and it was amazing! really good people there! and a great food :) i'll definately come back when i'm in barcelona again!

• 18th Feb 2014

Adorable staff, rooms and bathrooms are clean. I had a wonderfull stay.

• 16th Feb 2014

Perfect hostel

This was easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in, EVER. Great location right by a metro stop, perfect to explore Barcelona from. Those working within the hostel are friendly, helpful hosts who really care about personal experience, and the setup and atmosphere made it easy to make friends and hang out. I really enjoyed the family-style dinners, something I had never experienced in a hostel and it really made my stay memorable! I recommend renting a bike!