Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2016 Total Reviews

Amazing time in Barcelona and at the Hostel!! Thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Although I stayed here during the low season, I absolutely loved the homely and warm atmosphere of this hostel and how friendly and helpful the staff were. It was like a big family. Thank you for making my stay awesome, Carla, Gonçalo and PJ! The meal that Gonçalo cooked was also super delicious. The only thing that I can recommend is to make the bunk beds less squeaky but apart from that it was wonderful and I would highly recommend this hostel.

The atmosphere is amazing, you are really feeling welcome. There's a "family" dinner every night, drinks and music, going out for a wild club crawls. But it should mainly be a HOSTEL and for that, the rooms are claustrophobic, I caught someone smoking weed in my bedroom (no fire alarm), no remote controls for aircon (really cold at night), staff is super nice but not well organised (they overbooked the place and when I came back at 8 am once, I had to sleep on the porch bed).

I liked it. The dinner is absolutely delicious each day, and only 2 euro! The breakfast is also awesome, and only 2.50, and served until 12pm usually. The staff is nice, especially Carla was super helpful. They all take you out wherever you want to go each night which was great. Easy to meet others in the common room. Only suggestions are comfier chairs in common room, faster wifi in rooms, hand towels/paper towels in bathroom, and darker curtains for the morning light. Would stay again!

I would repeat if i would have to go again to Barcelona

Fantastic small hostel. Warm welcome, nice and airy rooms, cool kitchen/lounge, and fun guy running the place who played drinking games with us, a group of solo travellers from all over the place. Round the corner from a whole street of awesome cheap tapas places. Good hostel to meet other people.

I had a good time during my stay, though I'm not sure why this hostel was rated the best in Spain. The facilities themselves were a little cramped, and I thought it was strange that I had to go through someone else's room to get to mine. The staff was helpful. I appreciated the nightly dinner they did, as it brought guests together.

Had a great time in Barcelona! Angel helped us out from the get-go and showed us the known and lesser-known spots. We saw a lot in 2 days thanks to his tips! There's a great atmosphere in the hostel and they make great meals there. They even accommodated for our vegetarian needs (which is a rarity in Spain :P )! Came back a second time, which is always a good sign! Will be back a third time soon, surely!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

By far the best hostel! You will feel like you are in your home with your friends and family. The staff is amazing and always helpful. Definitely they can make your journey to Barcelona a lot better.

Honestly, one the the greatest hostels I have ever stayed in. I love the dinner and the group outings at night as well. Angel is one great tour guide!

• 20th Feb 2014

I don't even know how to start. Great location with nearby local tapas spots, awesome common area set up to meet other travelers where you have the reception, kitchen, everything together making it perfect to meet new people. The staff is legendary! They will help you but not like ordinary staff that just answer your question and then "next"! They will really talk to you like your best friend and make you feel welcomed and at home! The facilities are also modern and clean! amazing place for sure

I absolutely loved my stay here - the staff is amazing!!! This has by far been my best experience in a hostel. If you decide to visit Barcelona and you are a social person, then you should definitely stay at Hostel One Paralelo. The atmosphere is wonderful, the dinners are great, and the people are very friendly!

loved the dinner and the staff. keep up the good work!

I was the First time in this hostel, and it was amazing! really good people there! and a great food :) i'll definately come back when i'm in barcelona again!

• 18th Feb 2014

Adorable staff, rooms and bathrooms are clean. I had a wonderfull stay.

• 16th Feb 2014

Perfect hostel

This was easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in, EVER. Great location right by a metro stop, perfect to explore Barcelona from. Those working within the hostel are friendly, helpful hosts who really care about personal experience, and the setup and atmosphere made it easy to make friends and hang out. I really enjoyed the family-style dinners, something I had never experienced in a hostel and it really made my stay memorable! I recommend renting a bike!

Nice hostel, awesome staff, I'm definitely going back! Location in El Raval was ok, but the walking felt kind of long from/to everywhere.... Luckily the metro-system is great, so going to see the sights wasn't a problem. Everything was clean. The only thing that I missed was a good chilling-area with couches and everything (there's a big terrace but it was a bit cold for that)! But an awesome place, I definitely recommend it for partying but also for more calm visits!

Hostel one paralelo is incredible! Close to the metro and within walking distance of many sights. But most importantly the staff are amazing, family dinners every night (free or with a donation) and they give you all the info in where to go out, or just come out with you! Definitely would stay here again!

• 15th Feb 2014

Thank you so much for being so helpful! We has a great time and were able to see lots of things during our stay there!

• 15th Feb 2014