Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

I promised PJ I will write a review and here it is ;) So the hostel is amazing. What really makes the difference is the staff. So the staff of the Paralelo are really living their job and they mean it. I've seen a lot of hostel staff and a lot are friendly but you feel it's kind of an act but Angel and the others are really so kind and not just giving a show! You feel welcome there. And the dinner for free is very good. A decent meal after a long day. Keep up the good work people!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Easy and friendly people

The is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Good location, easy access to city centre but far enough out that it's not noisy at night. It's quite small which means that you quickly get to know the other people in the hostel. The atmosphere is unbelievably friendly and the staff are fantastic. The rooms are clean and the kitchen well equipped. Great breakfast for just 2.5€. The staff can't do enough to make your stay memorable. Thank you for making my time there so great!!

This hostel was awesome! Great atmosphere, family dinners offered every night. Nice size, not too big. Great staff. Best i´ve stayed.

• 14th Apr 2014

The staff at this hostel MADE my experience. Unfortunately Barcelona itself, though many people LOVE it, it just isn't my favorite city. However, because of my experience at this hostel, I would absolutely go back. I met the most amazing people there, but I also got to know the staff and call them friends by the end of my three day stay. This hostel is a magical place!

The best hostel I've ever been in. Great atmosphere and great staff. There is always something going on and the staff will answer any questions regarding what to do in barcelona. BTW, Family dinner is excellent and only €2-3. When I come back to barcelona I will definetly be staying here.

I traveled around Europe for 5 weeks and this was one of my most memorable, exciting, and enjoyable stays. I planned Goncalo and Angel and PJ - you guys were so easygoing and fun, you made my stay awesome. I love you guys and if I ever return to Barcelona, I'll stay here for sure.

• 12th Apr 2014

I had an amazing experience at Hostel One Paralelo. First of all, the hostel was very easy to find from the airport using the recommended directions provided in an email after I booked online. As for the hostel itself, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and I loved the easygoing atmosphere. Little things such as having dinner cooked by Goncalo every night were awesome. The other travelers I met at the hostel were all very friendly. I highly recommend this hostel to any travelers!

• 12th Apr 2014

Really great location, very close to the center but still in a quite street. amazing staff, constantly trying to help and make sure you enjoy your stay.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Great place to stay (said to be the best in Barcelona ?). Free diner every evening make it so easy to meet the other guests in the hostel and go for a day/night out together. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the place is clean . Would absolutely recommand this hostel to anyone.

This was the single best hostel I have visited throughout all my travels. The main reason for this is how sociable and friendly and fun everyone was. Family dinners are absolutely fantastic for meeting people and the staff are very friendly. The hostel is comparatively small to many I've visited but this only adds to the charm of the place as everything is a lot more close-knit and everybody feels integrated. No issues with security or cleanliness. Would absolutely 100% recommend!!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location and amazing staff that are extremely helpful and fun. Best hostel I've been to!

• 9th Apr 2014

Great placer

I'd thoroughly recommend this hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly (big shout out to pj!) and it's a great place to meet other travellers thanks to the group dinners and planned nights out. I'll definitely return!

One of the best hostels I have been at with super friendly personell!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Norway

Carla is a great host

• 4th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Wonderful stay! Clean and fun staff.

I had an excellent stay. The staff were incredibly friendly and made me feel so welcome which is exactly what I wanted given I was travelling alone. Free evening dinners provided a great opportunity to meet new people. I couldn't recommend this place higher and generally all Hostel One hostels, I've had great experiences wth them everywhere I've been.

We couldn't have asked for more from this lovely hostel. The staff were some of the friendliest I've met at a hostel and couldn't do enough for you. The private room we took was simple but very clean, comfortable and secure. The location itself is also really good being only a 15 minute walk from La Rambla. It really felt like the place was trying to instill a sense of family amongst fellow travellers and this more than anything made you feel really welcome. Highly recommended!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Great atmosphere, staff were awesome and so helpful. Went as my first time travelling alone and never felt out of place, everyone was friendly and loads of other lone travelers so always someone to get to know. Beds were clean, and the showers/toilets nice quality. Only complaint was that the street the hostel was down felt a tiny bit sketchy at night as a lone woman.

• 3rd Apr 2014