Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2011 Total Reviews

I stayed here for 5 nights, and I can say this one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff is amazing and helps organize activities everyday. The perfect balance of a place to meet people or get some rest if you want. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 13th Feb 2014

Best Hostel in Europe, as simple as that. Wonderful staff, great location (right next to the montjuic and 5 min away from the historical center), extremely cheap, included breakfast (REAL quality breakfast), free dinners for both guests and hosts (so you get to know everybody in a cool and relaxed way), wonderful guidance in how to approach Barcelona (which can be tricky if you're a first timer) and the great feeling you get when you're in a place where you're not just a credit card number.

The best hostel I have stayed at! They deserve every award that they have received and more!! Social and friendly atmosphere with awesome staff and guests!! They are incredibly kind and helpful at Hostel One Paralelo!

Perfect staff, perfect location, perfect security, perfect atmosphere and etc. my friend recommended me to stay in Hostel One Paralelo, thanks to him, I had a lot fun during my Barcelona trip. Firstly, I booked 2 nights and for other 3 night I wanted to stay in my friend's place. Then I told my friend that "sorry! this hostel is amazing. I am extending my stay." Angel, Cynthia, PJ, Night Shift guy(sorry I forgot the name), cleaning lady and gentleman. You guys rock! Definitely recommended!!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

The people at this hostel made my stay in Barcelona so much fun. There were group dinners every night and Angel (a.k.a. Saint Angel) took us out every night at no cost. I met a lot of great people and extended my stay past when I expected to leave. If you are interested in meeting other travelers and going out at night in Barcelona, this is a great place to stay and will probably be a much better experience compared to some of the larger hostels in the city.

Nice to meet them. Everybody is open, and they give us facilities and help for discovering barcelona and have a good time.

Thanks Staff.

• 5th Feb 2014

Staff were extremely helpful, giving advice on places to see, where to eat out, and activities to do while in Barcelona. I would recommend this place to everyone - the free dinners, friendly staff, and beautiful patio can't be beat!

Excellent atmosphere, the staff really makes you feel at home! Great place to meet other travelers. Would definitely recommend staying here!

Problem with the place is it ruins all other hostels for you! Staff is exceptional and cooks dinner for everyone every night and you too them as you value the experience. It's not just about the money, it's about the homely experience with the family style dinners, the constant care, the advice and the over the expected standard they go to in order to make your experience awesome.A few other mates who had just come from the hostels facilities in Prague had similar stories.Thanks for everything!

• 4th Feb 2014
  • India

The BEST Staff ever!!!

BEST HOSTEL EVER! 100%!! Fabulous staff, great location and fun atmosphere! Located just a short walk from one.of the main streets and not far from the beach. Fittingly it won the award for best atmosphere and staff IN THE WORLD while we were there. The staff are so friendly and will help with anything, even get you in to clubs for free and skip the ques!! If you stay here you are guaranteed to have a fantastic time and meet plenty of great fun people especially at the hostel dinner each night !

• 3rd Feb 2014

Incredible hostel! The staff are so generous and friendly, the breakfast is bountfiul (and served till 1pm as opposed to most hostels where they serve it in the slimmest, earliest window of time possible). Great location, home cooked dinners every night, fabulous vibe. One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Never change Angel, never change.

This is one of my fave hostels so far - its got a really great atmosphere. I loved how you can opt in for group dinners for a donation fee and everyone sits around the table like a big family. Staff were really friendly but didnt seem to be "in your face" like some small hostels. Only issue was that the dorm room was barely locked (everyone had a key) but you needed a code to get through the front door, so not a massive security issue. I'll come back for sure when returning to Barcelona.

Cynthia ruelz

• 30th Jan 2014

Best hostel I stayed at in my whole European trip. The staff is notoriously great, as is atmosphere and location. The closest I got to what could be called a home.

Hostel One is definitely the best hostel I ever stayed in. The staff is just AMAZING! They really take care of you and make you feel at home. Thanks to Angel, PJ, Juan Jose, Cynthia and Marcus, you guys really made my stay something special. The hostel has a great atmosphere, is super easy to meet new people, as everyone gathers together for the dinners. The food is amazing and you really feel that its made with love. I highly recommend this hostel, it´s by far my best hostel experience ever!

Awesome location, great hostel with even better people working and staying there

• 26th Jan 2014

Small nice hostel with cool staff! Rooms are small but ok.. in terms of location, there are really cool spots to eat close to the hostel and enjoy (even though it is not centred).. my only bad review goes especially to cleanliness because I got bed bugs...

Perfectly OK place to stay. Nice evening meal and breakfast.