Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2027 Total Reviews

loved the dinner and the staff. keep up the good work!

I was the First time in this hostel, and it was amazing! really good people there! and a great food :) i'll definately come back when i'm in barcelona again!

• 18th Feb 2014

Adorable staff, rooms and bathrooms are clean. I had a wonderfull stay.

• 16th Feb 2014

Perfect hostel

This was easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in, EVER. Great location right by a metro stop, perfect to explore Barcelona from. Those working within the hostel are friendly, helpful hosts who really care about personal experience, and the setup and atmosphere made it easy to make friends and hang out. I really enjoyed the family-style dinners, something I had never experienced in a hostel and it really made my stay memorable! I recommend renting a bike!

Nice hostel, awesome staff, I'm definitely going back! Location in El Raval was ok, but the walking felt kind of long from/to everywhere.... Luckily the metro-system is great, so going to see the sights wasn't a problem. Everything was clean. The only thing that I missed was a good chilling-area with couches and everything (there's a big terrace but it was a bit cold for that)! But an awesome place, I definitely recommend it for partying but also for more calm visits!

Hostel one paralelo is incredible! Close to the metro and within walking distance of many sights. But most importantly the staff are amazing, family dinners every night (free or with a donation) and they give you all the info in where to go out, or just come out with you! Definitely would stay here again!

• 15th Feb 2014

Thank you so much for being so helpful! We has a great time and were able to see lots of things during our stay there!

• 15th Feb 2014

Fantastic place that not only has the location and all the facilities that one could ever ask for, but also probably the most amazing staff I've ever had at a hostel. Staying there felt more like meeting up with a bunch of old friends rather than strangers. They showed us around town, helped us score top seats at a Barça game together with great advice on where to go and what to see in the city. A truly great experience, don't hesitate - book it!

I stayed here for 5 nights, and I can say this one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff is amazing and helps organize activities everyday. The perfect balance of a place to meet people or get some rest if you want. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 13th Feb 2014

Best Hostel in Europe, as simple as that. Wonderful staff, great location (right next to the montjuic and 5 min away from the historical center), extremely cheap, included breakfast (REAL quality breakfast), free dinners for both guests and hosts (so you get to know everybody in a cool and relaxed way), wonderful guidance in how to approach Barcelona (which can be tricky if you're a first timer) and the great feeling you get when you're in a place where you're not just a credit card number.

The best hostel I have stayed at! They deserve every award that they have received and more!! Social and friendly atmosphere with awesome staff and guests!! They are incredibly kind and helpful at Hostel One Paralelo!

Perfect staff, perfect location, perfect security, perfect atmosphere and etc. my friend recommended me to stay in Hostel One Paralelo, thanks to him, I had a lot fun during my Barcelona trip. Firstly, I booked 2 nights and for other 3 night I wanted to stay in my friend's place. Then I told my friend that "sorry! this hostel is amazing. I am extending my stay." Angel, Cynthia, PJ, Night Shift guy(sorry I forgot the name), cleaning lady and gentleman. You guys rock! Definitely recommended!!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

The people at this hostel made my stay in Barcelona so much fun. There were group dinners every night and Angel (a.k.a. Saint Angel) took us out every night at no cost. I met a lot of great people and extended my stay past when I expected to leave. If you are interested in meeting other travelers and going out at night in Barcelona, this is a great place to stay and will probably be a much better experience compared to some of the larger hostels in the city.

Nice to meet them. Everybody is open, and they give us facilities and help for discovering barcelona and have a good time.

Thanks Staff.

• 5th Feb 2014

Staff were extremely helpful, giving advice on places to see, where to eat out, and activities to do while in Barcelona. I would recommend this place to everyone - the free dinners, friendly staff, and beautiful patio can't be beat!

Excellent atmosphere, the staff really makes you feel at home! Great place to meet other travelers. Would definitely recommend staying here!

Problem with the place is it ruins all other hostels for you! Staff is exceptional and cooks dinner for everyone every night and you too them as you value the experience. It's not just about the money, it's about the homely experience with the family style dinners, the constant care, the advice and the over the expected standard they go to in order to make your experience awesome.A few other mates who had just come from the hostels facilities in Prague had similar stories.Thanks for everything!

• 4th Feb 2014