Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Very nice & clean hostel with a friendly staff. They have a family dinner every single night, which is a great way to get to know everyone staying at the hostel and enjoy a delicious meal.

One of the best if not the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Excels in all regards. Staff are extremely helpful and put a lot of effort into making sure you enjoy your stay and also the city and what it has to offer. Great location, very clean, robust wifi. Fun atmosphere, easy meeting others and making fast friends (many guests). Nightly dinners were great fun, as was the going out. An excellent place for the first-time or veteran hosteler. Wish I could've stayed longer. Highly recommended.

This was genuinely the BEST hostel I have ever stayed at, hands down. I've only positive comments about every aspect of my stay there, but most especially about the staff. I've stayed at places with great staff, but no one has ever treated me and my friends with the consideration and attention that we found at Hostel One Paralelo. They so clearly and genuinely cared about our experience in Barcelona--they wanted to be certain that we had the most enjoyable of times. Thanks Angel, Karla and PJ!!!

• 29th Mar 2014

The best staff! The only issue is the shower, only one for too many people, so it is hard to get your turn in the "rushing" hours.

It's the best hostel we've ever stayed in! Would definitely stay here again when we come back to Barcelona! A big thank you to Angel !!! The most fun and helpful hostel staff ever!

Honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff are excellent, atmosphere is unreal. Place is immaculate. I'm trying to find a way to fit it back into my travel plans. Thanks guys, John

I booked the hostel because I was travelling alone. According to the review it has a good atmosphere. Now I've been there I can defenitely confirm this. Amen to the staff for all their help and tips!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Very, very friendly staff that showed us everything we could do and where we can safe money! Really nice the fact that breakfast and dinner is basically free. We really enjoyed being cared for so much!!! BUT: Really bad for us: paper-thin walls! We arrived really late and couldn't sleep the next morning because of construction works(?) that were at some other house - sounded like it was next to you. Same at our departure, we could hear every word spoken next door, even when it was closed :(

• 26th Mar 2014

Hostel One Paralelo was what made our experience in Barcelona so incredible. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Between helping us retrieve our lost luggage, introducing us to this wonderful city, and the fabulous family dinners. We could not have asked for more! This is the perfect place for people of all ages, as long as you like to have fun! Thank you to everyone who made Barcelona our favorite city to visit!

• 26th Mar 2014

Having stayed at over 100 hostels in the past couple of years I have to say this is my favourite. As a result I have now visited 3 times and fully intend to stay again. The whole staff team make you feel like a family and you will love them all! The big family dinners every night are a wonderful way to meet people and you'll never be alone at Hostel One Paralelo.

I arrived at Hostel One at midnight on a Sunday, tired and weary after a long day of travelling. I was greeted with a delicious hot dinner before I even checked in! Great service and great staff made the hostel feel like a second home.

Absolutely brilliant Hostel coupled with brilliant staff. This was my first experience of hosteling alone and I'm glad I chose One Paralelo. All the facilities including the showers and beds are great... there were so many comments before I flew out saying 'I will be back', I now understand why!

• 23rd Mar 2014

Best Hostel Ever I would totally stay here again had so much fun here! Staff was amazing and so helpful and nice!

Hostel One was the BEST part of Barcelona. Immediately upon arriving we felt at home. Each staff member was the friendliest and genuinely wanted to get to know you. The staff made all hostel members feel welcomed and comfortable. Everyone made friends immediately. I would return to Barcelona just so I could stay in Hostel One again.Thank you all Hostel One staff for the best time ever! We miss you Angel and especially PJ's magic beans - Emma & Marissa

Great hostel, especially the staff! Angel and Carla were very accommodating and very friendly. They were reaching out to help me in everything I needed. There a very nice pedestrian street with local places to hangout in a bit away from the crowds, but still not very far away from the main sights. If you stay at the 6 person dorms, it can be a little bit too packed, but the atmosphere and the great staff certainly make up for it. it's definitely a hostel to stay in!

very good hostel! everyone have to stay here!!!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Hostel One is by and far the best hostel I've stayed in. Free dinner every night cooked by the staff provided a great way to meet everyone in the hostel before you went out with them for the night. Best atmosphere I've experienced so far. Do not hesitate to book this hostel!

• 19th Mar 2014

Hostel One Paralelo just is the most amazing Hostel in hole Barcelone! I had an awesome time there and the people and staff are just gorgeous! Especially Angel, the owner of the Hostel is amazing, really carring, clever and funny, always hearwarming to see him! I can reocommend Hostel One Paralelo without any doubts, check in there, it's totally worth it! :D

This hostel is excellent, really, really chilled and relaxing. Angel, PJ, Carla and all the staff there are great, they tell you what you can do around Barcelona, where things are and the best way to get there. It could not have a better location or vibe. The beds are comfortable, Angel cooks dinner for everyone in the evening or you can walk 2 minutes down the road for tapas or a beer. Cannot recommend it more:)

• 17th Mar 2014

Great guys, you know this Hostel has a world class inviting atmosphere made possible by the worldly and inclusive staff and respectful and vibrant surroundings.

• 17th Mar 2014