Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

This is the perfect hostel! The location is very good and it is always clean.Wifi works all the time. The staff is even better! They know all the guests by name. Every night there is free dinner and later everybody go out together (many free shots and entries in clubs). We were like a big family in the few days I stayed there. Perfect for solo travellers. I know now where is the place to be when I head back to Barcelona! Thanks Angel, Marco, Mauro, Merilin and Natasja for the wonderful days!

The hostel itself - that is to say, the building and certain facilities - may not quite justify a 100% rating, but it is the wonderful atmosphere created by a world class staff that has earned them this rating, and it is well-deserved. To echo the opinions of others, this was a great place to stay in Barcelona precisely because everyone who worked there put in the extra effort to make it so. Most definitely worth a return visit.

They have one strategy: this is home, we are family. This is only possible thanks to the good hearted team. They greet you, are genuinely happy to see you, and from that moment on you are in their good hands. Every night they cook for us so that we come together. They are always willing to take the time to offer us a more local experience. It was only intended to be a short stay but because Angel & Marilyn whole heartedly want you to feel at home it was a simple decision to extend my stay.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Morocco

If you're reading this, please do yourself a favor and book this hostel NOW. I had some of the best times and craziest nights of my life here, while meeting a bunch of amazing people from all over the world. And, if you aren't already convinced, the location, wifi, and free meals are all top notch; the staff, incredibly helpful and accommodating: Merilin is one of the coolest and most down-to-earth people I've ever met, Mauro is the man, and Angel will make sure you have a great stay.

What makes this place worth my 100% rating is because of the sensational feeling of being at HOME I encountered as soon as I entered the Paralelo hostel. Angel, Mauro, Marcos, Marilyn, Natasja (2x) and friends thanks for a wonderful week!

From the moment I arrived here I was treated like family. The first employee I met was Natasha, a friendly Dutch girl who checked me in and made sure I knew the best places to visit. She pulled out a map and circled everything that I was interested in, and made sure I knew exactly how to get there. At first I thought I was receiving special treatment, but as my stay here continued I realized that they treat everyone this way.... This has been the best experience I've had in a hostel!

• 27th Apr 2015

This is THE BEST Hostel in all of Europe. Seriously, Angel and his staff are the most loving and amazing people you meet meet. They take care of you and treat you like family. My friend and I stayed there for three nights and when we left I felt like I was saying goodbye to family. The hostel is clean, it's in a great location, but most of all it's FUN! If you say at Hostel One Paralelo you will never forget it for the rest of your life, you have to stay here, I can't wait to go back!

From the moment you are welcomed in it feels like home. Very social and inviting atmosphere, not like any hostel I've stayed at. Charlie greeted me my first night after arriving at 2am and even bought me a beer to welcome me! Marcous cooked us amazing dinners most every night and hung out with us like an old friend during the day. And Natasja who, not only being extremely easy on the eyes, also made a mean Spanish omelet for breakfast; always smiling and helpful. Radical experience all around!

It's a home away from home. A place to recharge the batteries, make some great friends quickly as you share the free home cooked dinners, then go out as a group. You can't ask for A better time. My thanks to Angel, Marcos and Natasha and one other.

Best hostel I stayed in my life, I will probably stay again. The crew is really nice, and makes everybody feels comfortable.

This is truly a great hostel and an absolute must stay if you are traveling to Barcelona. The facilities and beds are nice but the thing that really sets this place apart from most hostels is the staff and the amazing atmosphere that they create. Every single staff member is incredibly welcoming, always willing to go out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable and then they take you out for an awesome night drinking, after a delicious dinner and a big bowl of sangria. Amazing hostel!!!

I've been backpacking across Europe for the last two months , I can honesty say hostel one was the best hostel I have ever stayed , the rooms are great . And showers are clean but that's not why I loved it . I loved it because of the people that work there . Every single person is just so amazing. So nice , so caring . I will defiantly be going back to Barcelona and staying there . Thank you Angel , Marcos , Mauro . And everyone else

Simply put, best hostel experience I´ve ever had. Very much of it was due to Marcos. He made sure that everyone was having a great time. He always had something planned, whether it was day or night for the hostel guests. Also what´s great about this hostel is that it can be either a party hostel or a chill hostel, it´s all up to what you´re looking for. Have been to many, many hostels and must say that this quality is quite rare to find.

Truely one of a kind hostel, staff went out of their way to make sure that you feel welcomed and comfortable. The atmosphere is really friendly, a great place to meet people and be shown Barcelona by people who live there. Thanks especially to Charlie!

Amazing staff and great experience! Everyone was so nice and friendly and I loved how every night the staff had a fun night out planned for everyone to partake in. I can't wait to go back! Best hostel I've every stayed in hands down.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This is the perfect hostel for touring Barcelona! The staff are simply incredible - by far some the nicest people I've ever encountered. My friend and I were in a jam, desperate to get our car fixed before we left the city when Muhammed and Jesus came to our rescue. While they found a good garage for us, Angel helped us destress and taught us a great recipe from Seville. In addition to AMAZING staff you've got a great location by the heart of the city, and delicious free dinners. Stay here!

I spent 2 nights and three days here. The staff will tell you everything you need to find your way around Barcelona. They make you feel at home; the kitchen is great. There is a nice patio where you can sit outside in the shade and have a drink. It´s really awesome. The location is 3 minutes from the metro and they give you excellent directions and a guide to Barcelona (you download it once you make a reservation). Stay here it will make your visit to this big city easier and a lot more fun.

• 22nd Apr 2015

From the moment I arrived I was greeted with a warm welcome & made feel very much at home (gracias Ángel & all the staff!) - I was even handed a plate of food! There was a lot of activity in the hostel & a great atmosphere - I couldn't go out, but if you wanna party, the party moves on to some local bars at about 23:30 & breakfast is available all day, so no need to get up early! For people who don't wanna/can't party, the hostel is quiet after midnight & pretty chilled in the mornings.

BEST HOSTEL EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD! The staff are absolutely brilliant and a pleasure to meet, they really take care of you during your stay & as an extra bonus they take you out every night - so much ridiculous fun. The atmosphere between everyone staying in the hostel is fantastic, the location is perfect... I honestly cannot say enough good things about Hostel One Paralelo. I'd recommend it to everyone & it's definitely where I'll be staying on my next trip to Barcalona. It was GUUDTT.

• Scotland

Had a great stay. It’s clear to see that it really does matter to all the staff that you have a good time in the city and at the hostel. They help create a great atmosphere – especially with the daily dinners they put on.