Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Excellent place to stay, would recommend to anyone especially solo travellers!

• 22nd May 2014

the hosts, especially angel, were incredibly friendly and helpful. they treat you like family. they made sure we got the most we could get out of barcelona. highly recommended.

• 21st May 2014

I tend to be very apprehensive about staying in hostels but upon arrival at Hostel One this was quickly put to ease. Greeted by PJ who gave me and my 4 friends a map and showed us everything we could possibly need and want! The room was small but it worked. Beds are very comfortable!!! Shared shower was fine for 4 nights. Big mention to Angel for being the best club/nightlife guide. Each night he'll take you out to a club and make sure you're alright and get free entry! I will miss this place!

This hostel was one of the best I have ever stayed in! The location and rooms were great. Very easy to walk most places. Metro stop at end of street. The staff were the absolute best I've ever had at a hostel. They really make the hostel feel like a community with the family dinners and going out together at night. Had a great time in this hostel. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Barcelona and have already recommended it to my friends!!

Best Hostel I've stayed in! The staff are amazing! If you are travelling alone you will definitely feel like you have a family at One Paralelo! If you're with people you will have a great time meeting new people and experiencing Barcelona!

• 17th May 2014

This is an amazing hostel with friendly staff who really treat you like family. The atmosphere is second to none. Great social feeling - they cook every evening and we all eat together (free) - great for meeting other travellers and the food is excellent! Great central location and staff ready to help you if you're stuck on deciding what to do in town. Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at, my Barcelona experience would not have been the same anywhere else. Thank you Hostel One Paralelo!

• 17th May 2014
  • New Zealand

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! This hostel was recommended to me by a couple of friends before I arrived, and I've already started recommending it to my own friends who are visiting Barcelona soon. I loved my experience here and the staff was AMAZING!! I felt so comfortable, safe, happy here and definitely want to return before I leave Spain. Thanks Angel, PJ, Juan, Ricardo "Enrique" for making my Barcelona trip awesome :)

• 16th May 2014

Hostel one is the best hostel i have ever stayed at. the staff is absolutely amazing, they really make you feel at home. i didnt feel like i was at a hostel i felt like i was at home. the dinners are great and the facilities are awesome too. i loved my stay at hostel one SO MUCH!

Staying in this hostel made my trip. Staff are incredibly warm fun and genuinely care about making you feel so welcome. Very easy place to get to know everyone staying at the hostel and the only downside to staying here is you won't want to leave :) Go raibh maith agat to all the staff at this hostel. Gerard, Ireland

The best hostel we stayed at during our trip. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

I've stayed at Hostel One twice now and it is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are all absolutely amazing. PJ and Juan Jose are the best! Everything is very clean and secure, great location close to attractions/metro stop. Free family dinner every night fabulous! LOVE Hostel One, can't wait to go back!!

• 13th May 2014

Only complaint was one shower to about 10 people, and the rooms were a little cramped, but apart from that it was great! "G" was very helpful. Loved having computers free to use that were connected to the Internet.

Location was in a residential area near the metro so there were grocery stores and inexpensive restaurants nearby. Simple home cooked meals served at a single table was appreciated and encouraged conversation. But it was PJ and Gonzalo who make this a wonderful hostel! They really care about their guest's comfort, safety, and enjoyment of this magical city! Suzanne Carter, Austin, TX USA

Hostel One Paralelo staff made my visit to Barcelona 100times better! When I arrived at 9pm, tired

Brilliant hostel. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. Good location - walkable to Las Ramblas or there's a metro very close by. Dinner every night is a great way to meet other solo travellers. Bar crawl on Saturday night was poor but apparently this was a once off with a new company. Monday night out with the hostel staff was great.

An amazing hostel! I was travelling alone and met so many other people doing the same thing. It was super easy to connect because the staff made sure the hostel had a very open and friendly atmosphere. They cook dinner for everyone every night and can help you with anything you need in Barcelona. Location was perfect, walking distance to pretty much everything but still didn't feel too "touristy". I extended my stay twice! This is the place to stay if you're in Barcelona!

• 10th May 2014

Staffs are excellent!

Very good hostel. Just outside the centre, near mount Monjuic. But only 15min walk to the ramblas and close to metro station. Staff is super friendly, warm and welcoming. You can ask anything and they will try to help you. For us maybe a too social atmosphere. Staff makes diner at night and then everybody goes out togheter, we just wanted some quality time so we didn't participate. I would really recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 8th May 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay in hostel one... the Atmosphere is great the stuff really helpfull and friendly. We slept in an 4 bed room which was quite small but still ok. The bathroom was cleaned every day but the shower was really small... it was a but hard to moove inside. The hostel is in a good location close enough to the city but quiet in the night. I would stay again in that hostel during my next trip to barcelona

• 8th May 2014

Such an awesome staff! They were so friendly and welcoming and offered great recommendations for going out, eating, places to visit, etc. The entire hostel has such a great atmosphere. I felt at home here and met so many other wonderful travelers. If I ever come back to Barcelona, I will definitely be coming back to stay in this hostel!