Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

1984 Total Reviews

Hands down the best hostel I stayed at during my 2 month Europe trip. My friend and I immediately felt at home here mostly because of the amazingly friendly and chill staff but also the facility feels like a home. I felt like I knew everyone who was staying there within one night because we all eat a family style dinner then make plans to go out together with suggestions on clubs from the staff. If you want a real social hostel experience definitely stay here!

Awesome hostel, would stay again!

I traveled to this hostel with three of my friends and we loved it. The staff was helpful and recommended great places to eat, things to see, and where to go (thanks PJ :)). The communal dinner and hanging out in the living area are easy ways to meet other travelers. We walked everywhere from the hostel and thought the location was great (also close to the metro if walking isn't your thing). We had a great time in Barcelona! Thanks!

• 21st Oct 2013

Having traveled for 3 years this is definitely one of the best hostel's I'v stayed in. I would recommend this place to anyone (couples, young/old travelers). The staff couldn't have done anymore and they even cook up amazing food for all the guests. A must stay

• 20th Oct 2013

Nothing bad about this hostel. Just dont expect too much with the free dinner. A piece of eggs with potato must be ok for you. Staff was the best.

• Turkey

PJ and Cynthia are great! Will go out of their way to make sure you experience Barcelona. Clean beds, modern bathrooms, free kitchen to use and a great outdoor area.

• 20th Oct 2013

the whole service was brilliant, clean rooms and bathrooms. evening dinners were delicious. we will be back to barcelona and you guys! thank you for an amazing service and help!

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Very good hostel with awesome staff telling you everything you need to know in advance and during your stay!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

Never before reviewed, but this is a truly amazing hostel, and it deserves the recognition. Cynthia and PJ were especially great. This place is a steal.

• 17th Oct 2013

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful!

Had an amazing time in Barcelona. Made possible by hostel one paralelo. Cynthia and pj. Well done your hostel is a gem. A home away from home for sure. Cynthias tips when you arrive. Making you a wee barcelona bible was very helpful. Family style hostel meals cooked everynight too. Pj's risotto is delicious. I will definitely return and refer everybody I can. Thanks h 1 p

Nothing but love for hostel one paralelo! Amazing staff, amazing bfast, super amazing dinner, awesome location, great hostel mates and partiers, super sick graffiti and murals in the hostels, just a great atmosphere all around! I pigged out on paella, sangria, tortillas de patatas con huevo, and homemade pastries all made by the staff. They can do your laundry for 7 euros and they give you a detailed rundown of what to visit in Barcelona

A fantastic hostel, one of the best I have stayed in. The communal dinners are a great way of meeting other travellers. Facilities are great. Cynthia on the desk is a legend.

Great atmosphere, very easy to meet people. They organize nightly trips out after the home made family style dinner, which was great. Overall a great experience.

Best hostel in all of Barcelona! Very friendly staff that make you feel welcome and at home from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. Loved the family dinners and party atmosphere. The staff always have great tips on the best things to see and do day and night. The rooms are very comfortable and secure. I would recommend to anyone coming to BCN to stay here!!

best hostel I have ever stayed at!

• 10th Oct 2013

Quite possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The friendly staff and positive atmosphere helped make it a weekend to remember, I can't thank everyone I met enough!

• 10th Oct 2013

PJ & Cynthia were both amazing! I really enjoyed the concept of a family dinner at the hostel, and it made my stay feel more comfortable and homey. They were also so receptive to giving us recommendations on things to do, and went out of their way to make getting places and buying tickets easier for us. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and I especially enjoyed that we had outlets right next to our beds. Thanks for being awesome!!

• 10th Oct 2013

5 Stars all the way! Cynthia and PJ were amazing hosts and were always able to provide ideas about what to do. A big thank you to Cynthia for helping me book a spanish guitar concert at the 11th hour. The family dinners are a great way of meeting other travellers too. Will definitely be back!

• 9th Oct 2013

Great place to meet nice people

← Back to search results