Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2028 Total Reviews

Had the absolute BEST TIME here. Staff are amazing and really make the place feel like home. You need to stay here when in Barcelona!!! Fun, clean, friendly, hot tub, family dinner. Can't go wrong. Miss it already

• 14th Nov 2013

I like the staff and the hostel room very much.

First 100% I have given! and well deserved. Location excellent, everything clean. Staff are amazing, welcoming as soon as you step in the door. Met some amazing friends over the lovely dinners. Just to top it off, the place has a bloody spa! Top work. Also, the supermercat down the street has 2€ bottles of red wine! 'Terra Nostre', well worth a go its a lovely drop. Cheers

Apart from the hostel itself, I very much like the quarter Poble Sec in which it's located: Not touristy, safe, multicultural, cheap and excellent food, cheap drinks... Moreover, it's both close to the city center and to Montjuic: One can walk everywhere in just a few minutes.

Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed, staff (especially Marcus and PJ) very attentive and helpful. thanks for the experience.

• 8th Nov 2013

Staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, particularly PJ. I arrived around 9pm and was greeted with a homemade meal to enjoy with the rest of the guests, which is something I was not expecting. The hostel contains a lovely courtyard complete with a jacuzzi, which is worth a special mention. Beds are extremely comfortable, to the point where I couldn't wake up and nearly missed my flight. Overall was a fantastic place, definitely lives up to it's name and ratings.

• 7th Nov 2013

I booked one night and stayed a week! the communal area is great to meet people and have a few drinks in the spa. Cynthia in particular is an angel and made our stay amazing, always pulling strings to help us stay more nights. and PJ makes a great free dinner! would definately come back here

Absolutely great hostel a real feeling of family, the staff are great and do everything they can to make your stay more enjoyable, thanks to Pj for taking us on some great nights out and to cynthia for going way out of her way to find my missing hoodie

• 4th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

The one thing that made this hostel was the friendly staff. They are so helpful and really show an interest in not only making your stay amazing, but also in being in your friend and chatting to you about things. Really chilled atmosphere as well. The rooms were clean - I stayed in a 6 person mixed dorm and despite some annoying people who decided to have a brawl in the middle of the night, it was quite good. Also loved the home cooked dinners - I think it really made the hostel feel homey.

The staff of Hostel One Paralelo are outstanding and do an excellent job in making it (in my opinion) the best hostel in Barcelona.

Best atmosphere and staff and just a great hostel!

Extremely helpful staff first of all. The location is quite good and close to vibrant nightlife areas of Barcelona. Rooms are clean and fresh. Free breakfast and tipping dinner is just great and you get to taste many local food as well. The fact that it has a jacuzzi on the terrace is just like cherry on top!

Cool chilled atmosphere, small enough to make friends (especially at the free dinners), helpful staff, great wifi, super clean, great location (super close to placa de espanya magic fountain and the gothic region). AMAZING free dinner! I had a free dinner at hostel one Prague which was pooptastic but Paralelo's paella with mussels was one of the best meals I've had in ages (let alone for free)!

Great place. Great staff. Would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Barcelona again.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Brilliant stay! Hostel is in a perfect location and the staff could not be better...would definitely stay again in the future!

• 1st Nov 2013

Really Nice Hostel, perfect location with walking distance to everything, but still in a calm neighbourhood. Friendliest hostel staff I ever met. I will definiteley come back.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Awesome! Felt so welcome there

and again 100% to Hostel One Paralelo :)

The stuffs are super friendly!! very homy place, I felt like at my home, relaxing and comfortable. The breakfast and dinner were quite nice, though I only had the breakfasts :D anyway, it's a very nice to stay!!

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Taiwan

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Superb location, family dinners, nights out, great fun...and not to forget PJ, Juan and Gonzalo, the best staff ever! I'm definitely coming back guys! Gurcan