Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

This is one of my fave hostels so far - its got a really great atmosphere. I loved how you can opt in for group dinners for a donation fee and everyone sits around the table like a big family. Staff were really friendly but didnt seem to be "in your face" like some small hostels. Only issue was that the dorm room was barely locked (everyone had a key) but you needed a code to get through the front door, so not a massive security issue. I'll come back for sure when returning to Barcelona.

Cynthia ruelz

• 30th Jan 2014

Best hostel I stayed at in my whole European trip. The staff is notoriously great, as is atmosphere and location. The closest I got to what could be called a home.

Hostel One is definitely the best hostel I ever stayed in. The staff is just AMAZING! They really take care of you and make you feel at home. Thanks to Angel, PJ, Juan Jose, Cynthia and Marcus, you guys really made my stay something special. The hostel has a great atmosphere, is super easy to meet new people, as everyone gathers together for the dinners. The food is amazing and you really feel that its made with love. I highly recommend this hostel, it´s by far my best hostel experience ever!

Awesome location, great hostel with even better people working and staying there

• 26th Jan 2014

Small nice hostel with cool staff! Rooms are small but ok.. in terms of location, there are really cool spots to eat close to the hostel and enjoy (even though it is not centred).. my only bad review goes especially to cleanliness because I got bed bugs...

Perfectly OK place to stay. Nice evening meal and breakfast.

I am so happy to be part of this extraordinary experience! thanx to the wonderfull staff and the nice energy that hostel gives to the guests! The Best One!!!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Israel

PJ FOR PRESIDENT =) Excellent staff; and good facilities and kitchen. Great dinners- esp the Carbonara PJ=)

It was absolutely amazing, i really liked the stuff, and the whole hostel!! Like a big family, i would really recommend it!! Thank you!

I just have to say: Stay here, don't be dumb. Everything is the best in this hostel i loved it.

Awesome laid back hostel and really good food! Why wouldn't you want to stay here?

• 18th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

great hostel and great staff that care about you. i really enjoyed my stay here. the hostel provided for all of my needs and made exploring the city and meeting new people very easy. best thing is the staff who are all intertesting, engaging, helpful and fun. i would highly recommend you stay here

Really nice Hostel, cozy and clean, also close to the metro Paralelo. The stay was great and the staff super helpful. Special thanks to Cynthia and Marcus that helped me in finding information for a research I was doing on a neighborhood there. The dinners were really cool as well!! Thank you guys!

The hostel is located between Montjuïc and Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. A personal locker is available. Staffs are really kind and Rooms are well-organised.

Felt like home as soon as we arrived the saff are absolutely amazing and so friendly and welcoming! The family dinners are a great way to meet others and not to mention delicious. The bathrooms were modern and clean and the beds were comfy. Close to the metro, main sites and shopping centres. The perfect hostel!

• 9th Jan 2014

This is a standout hostel!.. staff are incredibly friendly, such a warm feel to it!

• 6th Jan 2014

Excellent hostel with great staff. Located in a nice area of Barcelona and close to the metro and other attractions. Would highly recommend!

We had such an amazing time at this hostel! The atmosphere is so good, with family dinners every night (thanks PJ!) providing a great way to meet everyone. The location is also perfect - away from the tourist area, with great local tapas bars around, but also within walking distance to La Rambla and the gothic quarter. I loved it here and made some great friends, I will definitely stay here next time I come to Barcelona.

This place is so much fun! Everynight it's family dinner with everybody, so we have the opportunity to meet the other travellers! The food is always so good...and it's cheap so you have more money to spend on what you really want. The staff is so cool and they gave lots of infos on the city, on the places you could go...WOW!!! The place is clean, it's near of metro and 15 min. walk from La Rambla...so you can enjoy a calm place while being close to everything.