Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

I booked the hostel because I was travelling alone. According to the review it has a good atmosphere. Now I've been there I can defenitely confirm this. Amen to the staff for all their help and tips!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Very, very friendly staff that showed us everything we could do and where we can safe money! Really nice the fact that breakfast and dinner is basically free. We really enjoyed being cared for so much!!! BUT: Really bad for us: paper-thin walls! We arrived really late and couldn't sleep the next morning because of construction works(?) that were at some other house - sounded like it was next to you. Same at our departure, we could hear every word spoken next door, even when it was closed :(

• 26th Mar 2014

Hostel One Paralelo was what made our experience in Barcelona so incredible. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Between helping us retrieve our lost luggage, introducing us to this wonderful city, and the fabulous family dinners. We could not have asked for more! This is the perfect place for people of all ages, as long as you like to have fun! Thank you to everyone who made Barcelona our favorite city to visit!

• 26th Mar 2014

Having stayed at over 100 hostels in the past couple of years I have to say this is my favourite. As a result I have now visited 3 times and fully intend to stay again. The whole staff team make you feel like a family and you will love them all! The big family dinners every night are a wonderful way to meet people and you'll never be alone at Hostel One Paralelo.

I arrived at Hostel One at midnight on a Sunday, tired and weary after a long day of travelling. I was greeted with a delicious hot dinner before I even checked in! Great service and great staff made the hostel feel like a second home.

Absolutely brilliant Hostel coupled with brilliant staff. This was my first experience of hosteling alone and I'm glad I chose One Paralelo. All the facilities including the showers and beds are great... there were so many comments before I flew out saying 'I will be back', I now understand why!

• 23rd Mar 2014

Best Hostel Ever I would totally stay here again had so much fun here! Staff was amazing and so helpful and nice!

Great hostel, especially the staff! Angel and Carla were very accommodating and very friendly. They were reaching out to help me in everything I needed. There a very nice pedestrian street with local places to hangout in a bit away from the crowds, but still not very far away from the main sights. If you stay at the 6 person dorms, it can be a little bit too packed, but the atmosphere and the great staff certainly make up for it. it's definitely a hostel to stay in!

very good hostel! everyone have to stay here!!!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Hostel One is by and far the best hostel I've stayed in. Free dinner every night cooked by the staff provided a great way to meet everyone in the hostel before you went out with them for the night. Best atmosphere I've experienced so far. Do not hesitate to book this hostel!

• 19th Mar 2014

Hostel One Paralelo just is the most amazing Hostel in hole Barcelone! I had an awesome time there and the people and staff are just gorgeous! Especially Angel, the owner of the Hostel is amazing, really carring, clever and funny, always hearwarming to see him! I can reocommend Hostel One Paralelo without any doubts, check in there, it's totally worth it! :D

This hostel is excellent, really, really chilled and relaxing. Angel, PJ, Carla and all the staff there are great, they tell you what you can do around Barcelona, where things are and the best way to get there. It could not have a better location or vibe. The beds are comfortable, Angel cooks dinner for everyone in the evening or you can walk 2 minutes down the road for tapas or a beer. Cannot recommend it more:)

• 17th Mar 2014

Great guys, you know this Hostel has a world class inviting atmosphere made possible by the worldly and inclusive staff and respectful and vibrant surroundings.

• 17th Mar 2014

Absolutely awesome, booked two nights, stayed 6. wouldnt leave if i had the choice, ANGEL, PJ and CARLA are unreal.

Loved the cooking together with other guests and the staff people in the evening and good advice about what to do, would definitely go there again!

PJ is awesome. Angel is awesome. Even the cleaning lady was nice. I am usually a shy person but I actually enjoyed the nightly dinner times that we had together. It feels like a family when you are there. I did go out to Nasty Mondays and that was pretty cool also. Barcelona (Barca) is party city! Estrella Beer and Rioja wine and a lot of fun.

Incredibly warm atmosphere! All the staff manages to make everybody feel like home: all the crazy ideas you have are welcomed and supported, nice evening talks and crazy parties- everything is possible here! Thank you so much!

I absolutely LOVED staying here! I would recommend it to any young traveler looking to have a great time in Barcelona. The staff really cares about their customers and are always going above and beyond to ensure their happiness. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay!!! I can't wait to come back.

• 13th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've visited in Europe! Despite the fact that no night staff were scheduled, the host stayed up late in order to greet me at 1 AM. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and get the most out of your stay. It was great! If you don't have a lock for the locker, your stuff will be safe in the luggage room. My only suggestion is to arrive in the daytime; Barcelona can be scary if you're alone at night. and Hostel One is down some mazey side streets.

• 9th Mar 2014

Amazing time in Barcelona and at the Hostel!! Thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2014