Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Decided to stay here after reading all the stellar reviews. It lived up to the hype and more. This is the best hostel I've stayed at in my life. Clean and great facilities but the best part are the people. The staff was amazing. The free dinners brought everyone in the hostel together and everyone went out together afterward. Do not stay anywhere else in Barcelona, Hostel One Paralelo all the way.

Awesome time at Hostel one. One of the best hostels I have stayed in ( and that is a lot) Staff make you feel like part of the family , cooked dinner every night ,then there is the option of a bar crawl after for everyone at the hostel. I will defiantly be staying at this Hostel again the next time I am in Barcelona .Thank you guys for making me have the best time :)

• 10th Feb 2015

I stayed in this hostel for 6 days and it was super fun and great trip to Barcelona! Especially the atmosphere was great so i could meet so many awesome people there and became good friends!! I want to say special thanks to Merilin who made my trip more wonderful there. She always cared for all people, made great dinner for all of us, and was so helpful to let me know what i can do in Barcelona. You made my journey sweetie!! If i go to Barcelona again, i'm definitely going to stay here again!!

So great, staff were interactive and helpful. Fantastic place for making mates and the free dinners were always great!

One of the best hostels I haven stayed in with an amazing vibes. The rooms are what you would expect, clean with lockers etc... But what makes this hostel special is the communal feel with group dinners, well utilized communal space, and superb location in a neighborhood that is fun, yet just far enough from the heavy touristy districts. The staff go out of the way to be friendly and helpful. What is not to love.

Great place to stay. Great location: access to metro, near La Rambla, plenty of tapas bars down the block. Excellent and affordable laundry service. Staff is superb at encouraging family atmosphere.

The most friendly staff and fellow travelers!! I always have a great experience at this hostel and would recommend it to anyone staying in Barcelona :)

• 6th Feb 2015

This hostel is incredible and if you stay anywhere else in Barcelona you've made a mistake. You'll fall in love with everything about the place. Best hostel in the world.

Amazing Hostel!! Best place to stay in Barcelona for sure! Staff are so friendly, dinners were great, breakfast lasts till 1pm, staff take you to best places at night, rooms are clean, atmosphere is awesome...what more could you want! I will defo be visiting again :)

Been to Barcelona a fair few times and this is the best hostel I've stayed in there. Really nice atmosphere, small enough for people to get to know each other - helped by the meal everyone sits down to each night, cooked by the hostel staff! One thing I would say however is that One should teach all their staff how to take payment. I was leaving early in the morning and the guy on the desk wasn't sure how to process it, meaning I had to leave without paying! (My friend covered for me later).

• 5th Feb 2015

What an awesome hostel. The staff really go the extra mile to make it a great experience which included putting on an evening meal and taking you out to a bar/club every night of the week. Felt right at home and have already recommended to friends. The hostel is located in walking distance to the old town, La rambla and is on the direct line to Sagrada Familia.

I had a great couple of days at Hostel One Paralelo. The staff were all excellent and the hostel itself is in a great location. The highlight for me was the evening meal which brings many of the guests together. If you are a solo traveller wanting to meet other travellers an evening meal at Hostel One Paralelo will enable you to do just that.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Awesome location to try food and explore the city!

• 2nd Feb 2015

Such a great hostel, would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. The staff was really friendly and also helpful with things to do and getting around the city. Also free dinner every night was delicious and a great way to meet the people at the hostel.

Not sure I'll ever find a hostel as good as this anywhere...I can't complain about a single thing but the staff are especially brilliant, creating a fantastic atmosphere and being incredibly helpful. I would recommend Hostel One Paralelo to anyone without any hesitation at all!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Awesome hostel. The staff is crazy helpful and friendly. They really focus on making your stay personal.. Free dinner every night (actually good stuff) is above and beyond what is expected from them. They have outings you can go to every night, usually with VIP status. I also thought it was incredibly thoughtful of them to offer a cheap breakfast until like 2 pm in case you choose to sleep in after a big night. Good location as well.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is absolutely my favorite! I have been there four times now and it continues to feel more and more like a family. The people who work there are some of the most incredible people! Angel, of course, is always welcoming and works his hardest to makes sure that everyone has the most amazing experience! Merilin cooks delicious dinners and has the most selfless heart. Charlie, Mauro, Rebeca, Ruben and PJ are super friendly and always there if you need someone to talk to. I love them all!

This is an amazing hostel. The common room is huge. The free dinner is better than most restaurants. All of the staff were really helpful, especially Angel and Ruben. There was always the option of a fun night out, but if you just wanted to stay in and play chess you could. It has a great atmosphere so you're sure to meet people if you try. A faultless hostel!

• 30th Jan 2015

Though the rooms were small and the toilets more occupied than not. the meals, staff, and atmosphere were awesome. The best and most memorable hostel we stayed in 13 cities. Recommended, especially for the price.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hostel One Paralelo is a fantastic place to stay! After traveling for over a month across Europe, I can say without a doubt that it has been the most pleasant hostel experience! The primary reason is the awesome staff- Angel (My friend!), Merilin, Mauro, and PJ are extremely friendly and helpful. They do their very best to take care of their guests. Breakfast is only 2,5 euro and the excellent dinner is free! Rooms are spacious and clean, location is perfect, and a great price. Stay there!