Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2027 Total Reviews

By far the best hostel chain I´ve stayed in. The staff make you feel like family, free dinner every night, good location (10 minute walk from a lot of clubs) and the manager takes you out partying pretty much every night! Only downside is the shower is tiny (like 2 feet wide) and the door to my room was never locked because it had an entrance within it to a staff room outside. Highly recommend!

The hostel was excellent. Rooms were clean, the shared areas well thought out, and all facilities were easy to access. The staff were incredible, and really made our trip to Barcelona perfect. Thanks Angel and the team!

• 25th Jun 2014

Great hostel- nice amenities (every bed has an outlet and a light), very clean, not too loud. Free dinner every night was tasty. Outdoor patio in the back was also nice, and the staff were all super friendly and very helpful.

Hostel One Paralelo is a fantastic Hostel. Centrally located, clean and safe. Look no further...BOOK NOW! Angel and his staff are genuine and attentive. They sincerely go out of there way to make sure you see and experience the best of Barcelona, whether it's pointing out the best of the best; ranking which sites are not to miss given the time of your stay, where to find the best paella, to taking you on amazing pub crawls highlighting Barcelona's famous nightlife! Gracias amigos!

Best hostel experience of my life. All of the staff (not naming any names ... *cough* PJ and Angel) went above and beyond in terms of hospitality for their beautiful city. Our experience of Barcelona was so much more than it could have ever been without these amazing people helping us out. Hostel One is awesome - we will be back!

• 25th Jun 2014

Thank you Hostel One. Met some beautiful people who took care of us. Angle was like the father of the Hostel, he really looked out for us. Pj was so cool and lovely, he really showed us how to have a good time. Delicious dinner, great bathrooms, had no problems at all. You won't regret staying here!

• 25th Jun 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at Hostel One Paralelo. Angel was a wonderful and very helpful host. He cooked amazing food and we watched the World Cup on the reception computer. I will definitely come back to Hostel One Paralelo when I'm back in Barcelona!

Of the 8 hostels I stayed in throughout my trip, this was my favourite hostel. The staff here, Angel, PJ, Ricky, and the rest treat you like family, not just another traveler. With free dinner every night and having all the guests eat at one big table allows you to meet all the other guests at the hostel. The well set up common area further helps build relationships with the other travelers and staff. Honestly, this 500 character max isn't enough to write all the great things about this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2014

Great location, great staff, and great rooms. AC was a big help. There's a small charge for breakfast, but that's no biggie as the staff cooked dinner on a tip basis every day I was there. Angel cooked every time I was there and his food was really good. I'm sure the other staff members are good at it too. Considering this was a last minute Barcelona booking, I'm extremely satisfied.

Homey atmosphere, great for meeting other people, especially loved the "family dinners" every night (cheap and good way to talk to other people). Was able to cook breakfast in the morning. Staff was friendly and helpful, great to talk to! Recommended for solo travelers.

It was so difficult for us to leave because we loved it so much!! Stay here and you will feel like you're at home! Home made dinners every night and all the guests go out together with the staff getting us in places without lining up or paying cover charges. Very clean and tidy, breakfast available for a small fee, free wifi and computer access, jacuzzi an very roomy living areas. Dont think twice, just stay here!!

I thoroughly enjoyed all of my experiences at this hostel and the hospitality of the staff. The facility was always clean and the environment was relaxing. Combined with Angel's personality and helpfulness, Hostel One became a home away from home and a healthy climate for fun and fellowship. I will definitely be visiting this hostel in the future.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This hostel was amazing. The staff was extremely helpful (especially Angel), and they made sure that you had a great time in Barcelona. I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Barcelona.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This hostel was absolutely amazing! Angel, the manager is the best hostel host anyone traveling could ask for. Dinner was made family style every night and the host was always there to answer any questions, give advice or recommendations. I met so many fun, kind people during my stay at Hostel One Paralelo. The rooms were great and cleaned everyday. Really a fantastic place to stay in Barcelona. I highly recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Beautiful terrace, very helpful staff. Breakfast abundant for price and with no time limit, which was nice. Clean, has air conditioning and is near many pinxtos bar, which made my day. Recommend it.

Super friendly

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed at. From the moment we entered, we were received by the hosts and staff so warmly and generously. Special shout out to their staff member Angel for arranging such amazing nights out. If you're planning to come to barca and need an amazing place to stay and meet great people, hostel one is by far and away the best choice. You won't regret it.

• 21st Jun 2014

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I loved it. Staff was great, 2.50 for a standard continental breakfast but the day I was there the owners cooked a huge meal for us for free. They made us all feel like a community even though we just met. I highly recommend

Thanks for having us Angel and all the staff at Hostel One Paralelo! The evening events and FREE dinner were so well organised. We also met some great people there. Staff were very helpful about local places for food, recommendations and tips. The location was good, a little walk from central barcelona but we also liked how local the area felt. Only negative is the room layout, it was a 6 bed dorm but felt more like a 18 bed dorm as there was only one entrance for three 6 bed dorms.

• 20th Jun 2014

Angel and his crew make everything perfectly amazing. Very clean common room and dorms. Nice athmosphere to meet travellers, sometimes during a teamwork for cooking lesson. Do not hesitate to get inside to this real family.