Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2016 Total Reviews

Homey atmosphere, great for meeting other people, especially loved the "family dinners" every night (cheap and good way to talk to other people). Was able to cook breakfast in the morning. Staff was friendly and helpful, great to talk to! Recommended for solo travelers.

It was so difficult for us to leave because we loved it so much!! Stay here and you will feel like you're at home! Home made dinners every night and all the guests go out together with the staff getting us in places without lining up or paying cover charges. Very clean and tidy, breakfast available for a small fee, free wifi and computer access, jacuzzi an very roomy living areas. Dont think twice, just stay here!!

I thoroughly enjoyed all of my experiences at this hostel and the hospitality of the staff. The facility was always clean and the environment was relaxing. Combined with Angel's personality and helpfulness, Hostel One became a home away from home and a healthy climate for fun and fellowship. I will definitely be visiting this hostel in the future.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This hostel was amazing. The staff was extremely helpful (especially Angel), and they made sure that you had a great time in Barcelona. I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Barcelona.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This hostel was absolutely amazing! Angel, the manager is the best hostel host anyone traveling could ask for. Dinner was made family style every night and the host was always there to answer any questions, give advice or recommendations. I met so many fun, kind people during my stay at Hostel One Paralelo. The rooms were great and cleaned everyday. Really a fantastic place to stay in Barcelona. I highly recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Beautiful terrace, very helpful staff. Breakfast abundant for price and with no time limit, which was nice. Clean, has air conditioning and is near many pinxtos bar, which made my day. Recommend it.

Super friendly

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed at. From the moment we entered, we were received by the hosts and staff so warmly and generously. Special shout out to their staff member Angel for arranging such amazing nights out. If you're planning to come to barca and need an amazing place to stay and meet great people, hostel one is by far and away the best choice. You won't regret it.

• 21st Jun 2014

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I loved it. Staff was great, 2.50 for a standard continental breakfast but the day I was there the owners cooked a huge meal for us for free. They made us all feel like a community even though we just met. I highly recommend

Thanks for having us Angel and all the staff at Hostel One Paralelo! The evening events and FREE dinner were so well organised. We also met some great people there. Staff were very helpful about local places for food, recommendations and tips. The location was good, a little walk from central barcelona but we also liked how local the area felt. Only negative is the room layout, it was a 6 bed dorm but felt more like a 18 bed dorm as there was only one entrance for three 6 bed dorms.

• 20th Jun 2014

Angel and his crew make everything perfectly amazing. Very clean common room and dorms. Nice athmosphere to meet travellers, sometimes during a teamwork for cooking lesson. Do not hesitate to get inside to this real family.

This place is absolutely amazing. I've stayed in hostels all over Europe and never have I felt so rapidly welcomed and comfortable among the staff and other guests. Angel is the best! For people that like the night life he always had a club in mind and was able to get people in without a waiting in line and without a cover. He also knew of low key bars and pubs if that's more up your alley. I can't say enough this place is great!

• 19th Jun 2014

This hostel was amazing, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with all accommodations.

Can't wait to stay here again. Perfect hostel

Great hostel. The people working there are very welcoming and ready to help at any time. The location and the property of the hostel are very satisfying. I won't hesitate to go back there next time I'm going to Barcelona.

• 12th Jun 2014

Really great. Dinners every night make it very easy to meet others! Staff were extremely friendly and offered to take a group of people out every night if you wanted, or were very helpful for suggesting where to go for a good time! Also very helpful for things to do during the day. Really nice place if you want to party and also have a chill time. Would recommend for sure.

The guys working at the front desk are super helpful. Big thank you to both of them for being accommodating to the needs of the travelers and going above and beyond what is expected of a hostel. We definitely appreciate it! These guys are there to help you with whatever you may need during your stay.

Fantastic hostel! Great for meeting people, clean and spacious rooms. Good location, outstanding staff!! Nice outside area for chilling and meeting fellow travelers. Will be back for sure!!

Absolutely great atmosphere coming from the staff and other people staying. The lobby is a great place to hang out and meet people. They have plenty of chill spots including a hot tub. The staff cooks dinner every night for the entire hostel and it serves as a great time to meet people before going out that night. PJ took us to Nasty Monday's at Apollo- that was ridiculous. The staff cares about your time there and really helped us enjoy Barcelona!!!

Excellent hostel with very nice and welcoming staff. The hostel is very backpacker oriented. I am absolutely in favour of the common dinners that are organised very regularly if not daily. The location is great, located in a bit of a quiet corner in Barcelona, but still on a walkable distance from the city center's bars and pubs.