Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Fantastic hostel. Brilliant location, brilliant staff, brilliant vibe. Was the best hostel experience we have ever had. We were in a couple, but we still met so many people, and had a great time. The nightly dinners were great and everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Rooms were not cramped and they were AIR CONDITIONED which is a vital component of a comfortable hostel stay. Trust me. We will be back again next year! Thanks to all the lovely staff.

• 26th Jul 2014

This is THE BEST HOSTEL! Stayed in many of the "best" party hostels in Barcelona, but this is the best one by far. The staff are all ledgends, the nightlife is insaine, they cook dinner every night, and it has the most relaxed environment/ patio area ever! After a long night of partying, the staff let's you sleep in which is AMAZING! Nasty Mondays is a must. Shout out to Angel, Riccardo, and PJ for being the best staff I've had the pleasure of staying with! I will definatly be back!!!

• 26th Jul 2014

I had an amazing stay at hostel one! Angel and his staff were extremely helpful with anything we needed. The beds were comfortable and everything was really clean. The showers are extremely small, but that would be my only complaint. The family dinners were a great way to meet people. I would highly recommend hostel one to anyone staying in Barcelona.

• 26th Jul 2014

H1P is in a good position 5 minutes walk from the Metro and with a bunch of restaurant/bars closer. The staff is its best asset: super friendly and informative. Boss Angel is a great guy and has an inside line on where the best low cost/free clubbing etc is. The free* dinners are a great way to meet other guests. Dorms are clean, the beds sturdy and the lockers great for security of gear. Major complaint is that the 7euro charge for washing is over the top. *donation appreciated.

Spent four nights at Hostel One and wish we could have stayed longer! Out of all of the hostels we've stayed at this trip hostel one is by far the best. In addition to the free meals the people there are great, especially Angel! I would highly recommend it to anyone! See you soon hostel one.

This was the best hostel that I have ever stayed at!

We had an excellent time at Hostel One! The staff was so friendly and helpful. Plus, the hostel was very accessible by metro and the beach wasn't a very far walk away. We had an absolutely wonderful weekend!

The Hostel one stays at can make a huge difference in your experience. I had such a great experience at Hostel One Paralelo, that I am convinced, if this hostel existed in any city, with the same staff and atmosphere, that it would make THAT city my favorite to visit. From the very beginning, Angel Garcia (I like to call him the Godfather) and his staff gave us all the information we needed to explore Barcelona efficiently and inexpensively.Free dinners, free club entrances and skipping lines!

• 23rd Jul 2014

It was the most amazing hostel I have ever been. Staff specially Angel were too kind and nice. Room was very clean, also free dinner was tasty. I absolutely recommend you to chose this hostel, I have been in several hostels in Europe , but this hostel is my number one. Angel helps you in the best way to manage your trip in Barcelona to not lose any attraction. I ll be back, because this hostel is very special. Arvin

Angel is the best host!! He feeds and guides his hostel guests around Barcelona, not to mention, he also gets you into clubs for free. This was above and beyond my favorite Hostel. Great community feel to it

Great free dinners, really friendly staff that will go out of their way to help you and the atmosphere is perfect to meet new people if you are travelling on your own and to go out with them! Has to be one of the best hostels ever! The staff even made food especially for a sick person in my room.

They do not have staff here; only friends. The owner of the hostel takes everyone out every night (and to some of the best places at that). Dinner is cooked every night at 9 for tip only. The downstairs area is an awesome place to meet people and hang out complete with AC, a terrace, and a hot tub (we never used). When we first arrived, the owner explained all of Barcelona to us, pointing out what's best to see and where to eat. He also gave specific directions. Absolutely the best!!

Great hostel! Yummy dinner and the staff did their best to ensure everyone was included and enjoying their time :-)

Really good hostel. Angel and all the staff are so wonderful. Not only give you a map but spend time explaining it and highlights based on what you tell them you like. Dinners at night are great and you have some really awesome nights out planned by hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

It had such a nice stay in Paralelo! I felt like I got in to cozy oaze out of crazy Barcelona streets. The area seems to be safe and really close to all the action. From very first moments staff was taking care of me very well, you can feel there chilling mood and relax comletely after long walking tours or parties. It was also tidy and hostel had all facilities you may need durring your stay. Definatelly I will come back there once again, because this place really care about their hosts! :)

We booked this hostel at the last minute expecting just a quick place to crash for the night. Instead we were welcomed by Angel who made sure we had a great night out and provided us with dinner. The hostel atmosphere was great - everyone was sociable and fun! I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a party hostel near the park, station, and beach. The area was a bit sketchy at night but not too bad.

I only stayed in Barcelona for 2 days, but with the staff's help, I made the best of it. They gave me great tips about the city tours and the best place to eat. Thank you, Angel!

This hostel had the best atmosphere of any I've been to yet. This is in large part due Angel organizing and cooking communal dinners every night. It was a lot of fun and everyone got to know each other before going out afterwards. There's also a hottub which is pretty great. The beds are very comfortable and the hostel is very clean. It's located a few minutes walk from Las Ramblas and a metro stop which is convinient. Overall, a top tier hostel, stay here if you can.

Awesome atmosphere, lovely staff and lovely backpackers!! Couldn't recommend this place more it felt like home!

• 20th Jul 2014

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. As soon as I arrived, Angel made me feel right at home and the group dinners each night are such a great way to meet fellow travellers. The nights out angel arranges are so much fun too and he knows all the right people to skip the lines and show you the best of Barca nightlife. I will go back and recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Barca.