Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Its an amazing hostel with such a great staff.

The hostel is well situated and close to the metro station, and even to la rambla. Simple dinner is available every night and the friendly staff would even knock on your door to let you know that it's ready. Remember to tip at the reception if you are taking the breakfast. The potato tortilla was awesome! :)

Great place to stay if you're a new or solo traveller. Atmosphere is great and it's really easy to meet people. Staff were so friendly and very helpful!

Great hostel, great fun, close to la rambla , pub crawls every night, small hostel so get to actually meet people

This was by far the best hostel experience I have had. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Every night there is a communal meal prepared by a member of the staff that is not to be missed. After 5 nights I didn't want to leave. Everyone that stayed there became very tightly nit by the end. If I every find myself in Barcelona again I will be sure to stay here again.

Awesome place, great staff!! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Because it is so small, you get to know everybody who's staying there. They also cook dinner every night. When I go back to Barcelona, I'm surely staying there again.

Amazing experience. Since the moment I was welcomed with a much needed beer, the fabulous staff and guests, the group nights out, the clean and quiet rooms, the community dinners (yum!) and the sad goodbye! The area was also perfect, away from all the tourist traps but really hip and close to everything. Next time you're in BCN stay here, you won't regret it!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I loved my stay at this hostel! The staff are so sweet and provide you with maps and help give you tricks to visiting some of the most beautiful sights of Barcelona. Nightly dinners are a great way for solo travelers or groups of friends to meet other people and then go out with a pub crawl and free entry to clubs! Room was clean and the restrooms were as well. Loved the atmosphere and the location is within walking distance to the clubs/las rambalas. Also a quick walk to the metro.

Loved this hostel! Cannot say enough about the place and the staff. On arrival we received an excellent orientation talk recommending where to go and what to see. The hostel do a nightly dinner for all of the guests which is like a big family dinner! The staff are all awesome and so friendly. Even the small details were great ie we got a lot of washing done and the hostel handled it all and was ready the next day. Make sure you stay here you won't regret it! Thanks for having us!

absolutely the best hostel i have stayed! really good atmosphere. the free dinner every night gathers travellers together. so everyone ends up talking and having fun together afterwards in the common room. staff are supper nice! as a student, i have met so many other students which are ideal! love barcelona love hostel one! definitely go back someday!

I was greeted by Marco at about 2am. What a guy. In fact, the hostel's biggest asset is the people who work here. The meals together are genuinely priceless if you're a lone ranger, or you just fancy buddying up to wander around in the day. I stayed for 3 weeks. Couldn't recommend the place enough. The hot tub is golden. And clean. Met a babe called Stacey and we chilled in the tub with a smoke. Do it.

• 20th Sep 2014

A fantastic hostel with a great community vibe. They encourage guests to come along to the evening meal served in the hostel - great for those on a budget and a great opportunity to socialise. The dorm room was smallish but very quiet at night and despite the cool autumn weather, I'm sure the built in air-con would be v-useful in the summer. The subway is a few minutes walk with good links to the rest of the city. The hostel workers are very friendly and always on hand to offer advice and tips.

Extremely good atmosphere, you felt at home immediately. Hostel life at its best.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hands down the best hostel staff I've ever stayed with. So genuinely welcome from the moment I pressed the bell that I actually felt at home. These guys just want you to have the best time and are just ridiculously helpful and friendly. The vibe among the guests was friendly and relaxed, helped along by the staff and the tip-based dinners and breakfasts. Beds and sheets were clean and smelled good. Air-conditioning was great. Only complaint: showers were a bit small but I'm a bigger guy.

The staff and place were amazing!

The hostel is awesome. I'm going to miss the friends I've made. I want to go back already.

• 17th Sep 2014

Hostel One Paralelo is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff are incredible here and so helpful. They help create a friendly and fun atmosphere for everyone by cooking dinner each night and then taking who ever wants to go out to the clubs every night. The hostel is very clean and modern with plenty of communal areas to relax in and chat with other travellers and the staff. I would highly recommend it to both solo travellers as well as groups.

• 16th Sep 2014

We had a great time in Barcelona and this hostel. It's a great atmosphere there and the staff is just amazingly nice. With the family dinner it is perfect to meet people and to have a good time and a good party night out too. The food was not fancy but yummy. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay though, it is maybe not the best place. It is busy and kind of noisy.

Easily the best hostel I have been to in Europe. Ricardo and Nikola are amazing. Very friendly and helpful. The common area, breakfast for 2.5euros and the dinner make this hostel 'the' place to stay in Barcelona.

Very cool and helpful staffs! Look for that guy Riccardo, he's the best!

• 12th Sep 2014