Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2029 Total Reviews

The staff really made this hostel one of the best I've stayed in, such friendly, helpful people. Free dinners were awesome too, great friendly atmosphere to socialise with other travellers. Would recommend if you're traveling alone. Only let down was it was in a bit of a sedy area where my friend got pickpocketed but that's Barcelona for ya! Was close to the metro which was good. Thanks guys!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive and ensure you have a great time in Barcelona whether it be by giving you tips to explore the city or taking you out to the best bars. The dinners every night are fantastic, and a great way to meet everyone in the hostel. Thanks to Angel, Goncalo and Nicola for being the best staff!

Our overall experience at Hostel One was absolutely amazing! The staff was super friendly and helpful answering any questions we had about the city and giving us advice. The facility itself is really nice and clean., and the beds were super comfortable. Angel was the best host a traveler could ask for; he took us out on a barcrawl every single night that we stayed... getting us out of cover and lines! However, the best part about staying at Hostel One is the family style dinners that are served!

• 26th May 2014

Best hostel Ive ever stayed at in every way!

• 26th May 2014

Hoste One Paralelo is hands down the best hostel in Barcelona. It is a combination of a family style atmosphere and partying, which is the best of both worlds. Angel, the hostel owner is an amazing host and makes the entire experience completely memorable by preparing nightly activities and being completely accessible to any of your needs. You also get the chance to really make connections with all the guests bc of the free nightly dinner set up in a family style buffet.

• 26th May 2014

Excellent hostel. The staff is super nice and the hostel is small enough in order to meet very nice people.

I had so much fun here! It's a great place to meet people, it's easy to walk to the city centre and the staff are all super helpful and friendly

• 24th May 2014

Reading previous reviews, I'm so glad I chose this hostel. Its a smaller hostel so its easier to meet people and it has a great family like atmosphere. The staff at this place are super friendly and helpful, especially Angel. He is amazing and is incredibly friendly and chill and takes the guests out every night. There is also a free dinner every night.

• 24th May 2014

Excellent place to stay, would recommend to anyone especially solo travellers!

• 22nd May 2014

the hosts, especially angel, were incredibly friendly and helpful. they treat you like family. they made sure we got the most we could get out of barcelona. highly recommended.

• 21st May 2014

I tend to be very apprehensive about staying in hostels but upon arrival at Hostel One this was quickly put to ease. Greeted by PJ who gave me and my 4 friends a map and showed us everything we could possibly need and want! The room was small but it worked. Beds are very comfortable!!! Shared shower was fine for 4 nights. Big mention to Angel for being the best club/nightlife guide. Each night he'll take you out to a club and make sure you're alright and get free entry! I will miss this place!

This hostel was one of the best I have ever stayed in! The location and rooms were great. Very easy to walk most places. Metro stop at end of street. The staff were the absolute best I've ever had at a hostel. They really make the hostel feel like a community with the family dinners and going out together at night. Had a great time in this hostel. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Barcelona and have already recommended it to my friends!!

Best Hostel I've stayed in! The staff are amazing! If you are travelling alone you will definitely feel like you have a family at One Paralelo! If you're with people you will have a great time meeting new people and experiencing Barcelona!

• 17th May 2014

This is an amazing hostel with friendly staff who really treat you like family. The atmosphere is second to none. Great social feeling - they cook every evening and we all eat together (free) - great for meeting other travellers and the food is excellent! Great central location and staff ready to help you if you're stuck on deciding what to do in town. Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at, my Barcelona experience would not have been the same anywhere else. Thank you Hostel One Paralelo!

• 17th May 2014
  • New Zealand

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! This hostel was recommended to me by a couple of friends before I arrived, and I've already started recommending it to my own friends who are visiting Barcelona soon. I loved my experience here and the staff was AMAZING!! I felt so comfortable, safe, happy here and definitely want to return before I leave Spain. Thanks Angel, PJ, Juan, Ricardo "Enrique" for making my Barcelona trip awesome :)

• 16th May 2014

Hostel one is the best hostel i have ever stayed at. the staff is absolutely amazing, they really make you feel at home. i didnt feel like i was at a hostel i felt like i was at home. the dinners are great and the facilities are awesome too. i loved my stay at hostel one SO MUCH!

Staying in this hostel made my trip. Staff are incredibly warm fun and genuinely care about making you feel so welcome. Very easy place to get to know everyone staying at the hostel and the only downside to staying here is you won't want to leave :) Go raibh maith agat to all the staff at this hostel. Gerard, Ireland

The best hostel we stayed at during our trip. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

I've stayed at Hostel One twice now and it is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are all absolutely amazing. PJ and Juan Jose are the best! Everything is very clean and secure, great location close to attractions/metro stop. Free family dinner every night fabulous! LOVE Hostel One, can't wait to go back!!

• 13th May 2014

Only complaint was one shower to about 10 people, and the rooms were a little cramped, but apart from that it was great! "G" was very helpful. Loved having computers free to use that were connected to the Internet.