Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

This was my first ever stay in a hostel, and it's set the bar very high! The staff were always there to help you, and the 24 hour reception was great- there was always someone there to help if you needed. They did free dinner and sangria every night and it was a really sociable hostel without being a large hostel. They gave me a towel for the beach for free which was great too! the staff were able to recommend what metro to catch/how to get to places too, overall a great stay! Thanks hostel one!

The people here are amazing. Finding this hostel made my whole trip absolutely amazing. Very special place with a vibe you won't just find at any other hostel. Great parties too :)

• 27th Jun 2015

Natasja, Mauro, Marilyn, Ffion, and Milito were the greatest hostel staff I've ever seen! Mauro was hilarious, with some good stories-- he needs to write a book. Milito was really helpful and super chill, and all the women are beautiful 🙈 (and of course helpful and really down to earth) Everyone was just like family there and I miss them already! If you are in Barcelona you have to stay at this hostel-- don't split up Barcelona between 2 hostels, stay here the entire time. Sending love from NC!

• 26th Jun 2015

Really a fantastic hostel. The facilities were super nice and cleaned daily, they had air conditioning (yes!!), and on top of that an awesome staff who's always willing to help us whether it's to figure out what sites to see or make pizza at 2am. Had such an awesome stay and would definitely aim to stay there again if I'm in Barcelona.

Really enjoyed my stay at Hostel one Paralelo. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Barcelona.

• 25th Jun 2015

I love the entire Hostel One chain. The staff are so wonderful and fun to be around. The daily dinners are such a great way to get to know everyone in the hostel, I attended every one while I was there. They take care of you in terms of keeping the place clean and well maintained. And I should also mention the breakfast runs until 2 ish so you'll definitely not miss out. It's worth all the hype, a really great hostel.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff is great and are always willing to help. The family dinners are fantastic and give you a chance to meet new people. If I am back in Barcelona I will definitely be staying here again.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • ZachHorvath

Extremely social, made lots of friends. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, free dinner is excellent, free towels. Kept my locker all day and came back to shower before leaving. However, there are no doors on the dorms, and only a door code for the building. There were people from other hostels there. Look after your stuff. Also, the staff take people out every single night and they come back early morning every day. Be prepared. Great if you like that, no so much if you want peace and quiet.

Nothing to fault! Great atmosphere, clean hostel, easy to make friends and the staff are really friendly and helpful. One of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in

We had an amazing time in your hostel and will definitely like to return there. Great atmosphere and the friendly staff was the best part :)

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Great place, great people, great location!

I read rave reviews before staying and as much as it was awesome I was thinking what if it's just the #Yolo #looseunits or just cannonball people having a rant! But as a seriously otherwise normal 25 yr old I want to assure you this place makes me want to rant! Never written a rv before but just had a completely mental 3 days and I really attribute so much of it to the hostel. Good location. Staff phenomenal and now honestly friends, there for you all week. No busabout/contiki groups just c

• 22nd Jun 2015

We stayed in Hostel One for five nights while we were in Barcelona for Sonar festival. Had an absolutely amazing time - definitely the best hostel experience I've had. We met so many great people while we were there and all the staff are awesome! The whole hostel was so clean as well, and the free dinners and group outings were great! Really can't recommend the hostel enough - we will definitely be back next year!

• 18th Jun 2015

The best hostel I've ever stayed. I loved the nighlty outings.

I usually never write reviews, but I feel like Hostel Paralelo One really deserves one. Super friendly, helpful, genuinely nice staff/ really fun people to meet/ delicious free family dinners & sangria/ and so much more. Yay! It is also pretty party party, if this is what you are looking for. I will definitely miss it here! MERCI Marcos, Mauro, Ffion, Milito, and a super super special thank you to Natsja and Merilin! Big hug from Montréal.

• 15th Jun 2015

This hostel is absolutely AMAZING. I extended my stay for 2 more nights and then when I had to stay at another hostel after that due to availability, they graciously invited me back for their dinner and activites. Everyone on the staff is more than accomodating, helpful in every regard, and the people are wonderful.

Hands down the best hostel I stayed in during my short time in Europe. I made a last minute decision to go to Barcelona for 3 days and by the end of my stay I found myself never wanting to leave, thanks in part to the great staff and people I met at Hostel One. Great atmosphere, awesome staff, and amazing people made for the best experience I could've asked for in Barcelona.

• 14th Jun 2015

This is definitely a party hostel, but they do go out of their way to make you feel included. There were organized nights out every night and family dinners, so I met a lot of people. This would be a great place for a young single traveler to meet people. If you need a quiet environment, this will not be for you- lots of drinking and fun, but also people up into the wee hours of the night.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. It's like one big family, so hard not to meet people! Family dinner and the bar crawl are always so much fun.

Out of all the hostels my friend and I have stayed at across Europe, none compete with Hostel One. By far the best hostel experience I've ever had, would never stay at any other hostel in Barcelona!