Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Best place to stay and hangout, special thanks to Angel, he took care of us just like family, what I love is the Family dinner, it was awesome I felt I am home :-) next time travel Barcelona to visit Hostel One

• 10th Nov 2015
  • India

Oh Hostel One, how to sum up our love for you! This place is infectious, from the staff & volunteers who become friends, to the constantly bumpin beats, to the daily free dinners (make sure to tip to keep it going) that got everyone together, to day funitivities, to the nighttime shenanigans. The location is prime - close to the beach, Montjuíc, the Gothic quarter, metro is only a few minutes away - & the vibes are on point. Thank you for helping us fall in love with Barca! Love, the Emily's :)

The staff were amazing!

One of the best hostels ever, great for solo travelers. Basically summer camp for adults, with activities and dinner every day, all designed to foster community. It was super easy to meet other travelers, and the staff were never too shy to join in on the fun ;) Enthusiastic staff always ready with their tips on what to do/avoid in Barcelona. Matheus, Val, Natasja, Rob, to name a few -- thank you for an excellent base camp from which to explore Barcelona! Can't wait to come back one day.

Brilliant place! First choice everytime I go to Barcelona. The helpful and welcoming staff really makes it feel like a home away from home

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Friendliest hostel staff I have ever encountered. Very helpful and very pleasant.

• 5th Nov 2015

This hostel was amazing . From the moment i checked in, natasha made me feel very welcome and part of the family. The whole place was awesome. The bathrooms were clean..each bunk had its own power outlet and the free dinners and sangria were amazing . The best part about this hostel though is the hosts. Valerie, Mauro, natasha and Pierre went out of thier way to made sure everyone had a good time and had what they needed . Being a solo traveller, this place makes you feel at home.

• 4th Nov 2015

Great staff, clean, good location and all around excellent environment--I highly recommend it!

• 2nd Nov 2015

Loved our stay at hostel one! The staff where unbelievably gracious and made us feel comfortable and part of the community the whole time we where there. We really enjoyed family dinners at night and the organized bar and clubs. It made every night enjoyable and more of an event. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Location is perfect for all the sights but without being in tourist central. Natasja was so welcoming and helpful as well. The environment of this place is wonderful.

Absolutely adored this hostel. The staff was upbeat, friendly and helpful! The rooms and beds were extremely clean and comfortable. Each night the hostel cooks and eats dinner together (it's really good food). This place would be great for solo travelers for groups looking to meet new travelers!

Wonderful staff, atmosphere and facilities. This is an ideal example of how hostels should be run. Would certainly recommend to anyone staying in Barcelona.

Absolutely the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

best hostel I've stayed in! An absolute must for Barcelona. Staff great, LOVED the free family dinners/sangria in evenings. Not overpriced, but priced to be cheap for travelers. Met great people, had great recommendations from staff, the location was top, and the atmosphere equally amazing. quality Halloweekend. I love you guys, and cant wait to come back!

What started as a 2 night stay quickly became 8 nights. Such a great place. I got to know all the staff and they're all incredible people. The nightly dinners bring everyone together, and the nights out are wild to say the least :) I even considered volunteering but I had to return to the US. This is a unique community and an amazing spot to spend your time in Barcelona, it's an experience not to be missed!

• 29th Oct 2015

My friend and I loved our stay here! Excellent staff that made you feel welcomed and the nightly dinners were amazing!

• 29th Oct 2015

I had a great time at Hostel One! The nightly club crawls are great fun and the free dinner taste great!

The best place to stay in Barcelona hands down. The family dinner every night is one of the coolest things I've seen in a hostel, it makes it incredibly easy to meet people and get to know the staff. Natasja and Mauro were so personable and helpful, it was more like hanging out with a friend than a staff member. Location is super close to metro, bus stop, and a close walk to tons of bars, shops, etc... Super fun place, didn't want to leave!

Had a groovy time at Hostel One, Great place and staff. I for sure recommend it.

Wow. Staff was great. Especially Pierre and Mario. Really made me feel at home. Great vibes and great people make the experience at this hostel the best possible. Stayed at 17 hostels so far and this was my second favorite (only to hostel one home in Prague of course).

Not enough thanks and adjectives of praise can be given to the inimitable staff of this jewel of a hostel and the one of a kind atmosphere they and it provides. After a few hours you already feel like part of their family, well the kind of family you eat amazing food and drink pitchers of sangria with until 500am anyways. You Barcelonian's are crazy, but the very best kind of course:) My stay may have been shorter than I'd have liked but no question I'll be back! Hope to see you again soon!