Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

By far one of the best, if not thee best hostel I've ever stayed at. The location is a 2 min walk from the metro and facilities are clean. The staff is super friendly and are very group activity oriented so it is an awesome hostel to socialize and partner up for a day trip and party together at night. Met Angel and Mauro when I arrived, real nice guys very welcoming. Later in the day met Marcos, great guy took a group out in the city and everyone had a blast! Would DEFINITELY recommend.

• 1st May 2015

It was the best decision to stay at the One Paralelo hostal in Barcelona. The staff is very welcoming and helpful and always present to make you laugh, to help you out and to answer any kind of question, even if they were not working. The family vibe makes this city hostel very special and I can definitely and 100% recommend this wonderful place. 4 dorm was spacious enough but not huge and the lockers in the room are practical.

Allthough our stay was short, me and Diana had a wonderfull time with all the guys, thank you very much for making our stay a wonderfull expirience!

• 1st May 2015

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The Hostel One crew gets you into the best clubs, bars and restaurants in Barcelona safely and seamlessly. When you stay at Hostel One you get to visit Barcelona as a Spaniard, even you don't know the city at all or speak any Spanish like me. It's not a question of if I'm coming back to Barcelona, but when. And when I do, even if I were to have all the money in the world there's only one place I'm staying: Hostel One!

Everything was great!

If you are in Barcelona and not staying in Hostel One Paralelo - YOU ARE MISSING OUT !!!. I had the best time ever, spend 6nights there & i made the best decision. Staff is so friendly - Angel is awesome, he spends 45 mins with you and tells you exactly where to go & how to go (makes it much easier if you have less days) There is free food every night & most of the nights we had free sangria too.. Everyday the crew will take you to different bars and night clubs of Barcelona. Thank you

I've stayed at quite a few hostels in my day and this definitely ranks in the top 3. Everything about it was SO great - from the minute I checked in until the minute I left. The staff was more than friendly. They were helpful and organized nightly outings which are such a great thing for people like me traveling alone! Angel, Marcos, Mauro and Merilin...you all ARE amazing! Thanks for hosting me in Barcelona!! I hope to be back some day!

• 29th Apr 2015

This is the perfect hostel! The location is very good and it is always clean.Wifi works all the time. The staff is even better! They know all the guests by name. Every night there is free dinner and later everybody go out together (many free shots and entries in clubs). We were like a big family in the few days I stayed there. Perfect for solo travellers. I know now where is the place to be when I head back to Barcelona! Thanks Angel, Marco, Mauro, Merilin and Natasja for the wonderful days!

The hostel itself - that is to say, the building and certain facilities - may not quite justify a 100% rating, but it is the wonderful atmosphere created by a world class staff that has earned them this rating, and it is well-deserved. To echo the opinions of others, this was a great place to stay in Barcelona precisely because everyone who worked there put in the extra effort to make it so. Most definitely worth a return visit.

They have one strategy: this is home, we are family. This is only possible thanks to the good hearted team. They greet you, are genuinely happy to see you, and from that moment on you are in their good hands. Every night they cook for us so that we come together. They are always willing to take the time to offer us a more local experience. It was only intended to be a short stay but because Angel & Marilyn whole heartedly want you to feel at home it was a simple decision to extend my stay.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Morocco

If you're reading this, please do yourself a favor and book this hostel NOW. I had some of the best times and craziest nights of my life here, while meeting a bunch of amazing people from all over the world. And, if you aren't already convinced, the location, wifi, and free meals are all top notch; the staff, incredibly helpful and accommodating: Merilin is one of the coolest and most down-to-earth people I've ever met, Mauro is the man, and Angel will make sure you have a great stay.

What makes this place worth my 100% rating is because of the sensational feeling of being at HOME I encountered as soon as I entered the Paralelo hostel. Angel, Mauro, Marcos, Marilyn, Natasja (2x) and friends thanks for a wonderful week!

From the moment I arrived here I was treated like family. The first employee I met was Natasha, a friendly Dutch girl who checked me in and made sure I knew the best places to visit. She pulled out a map and circled everything that I was interested in, and made sure I knew exactly how to get there. At first I thought I was receiving special treatment, but as my stay here continued I realized that they treat everyone this way.... This has been the best experience I've had in a hostel!

• 27th Apr 2015

This is THE BEST Hostel in all of Europe. Seriously, Angel and his staff are the most loving and amazing people you meet meet. They take care of you and treat you like family. My friend and I stayed there for three nights and when we left I felt like I was saying goodbye to family. The hostel is clean, it's in a great location, but most of all it's FUN! If you say at Hostel One Paralelo you will never forget it for the rest of your life, you have to stay here, I can't wait to go back!

From the moment you are welcomed in it feels like home. Very social and inviting atmosphere, not like any hostel I've stayed at. Charlie greeted me my first night after arriving at 2am and even bought me a beer to welcome me! Marcous cooked us amazing dinners most every night and hung out with us like an old friend during the day. And Natasja who, not only being extremely easy on the eyes, also made a mean Spanish omelet for breakfast; always smiling and helpful. Radical experience all around!

It's a home away from home. A place to recharge the batteries, make some great friends quickly as you share the free home cooked dinners, then go out as a group. You can't ask for A better time. My thanks to Angel, Marcos and Natasha and one other.

Best hostel I stayed in my life, I will probably stay again. The crew is really nice, and makes everybody feels comfortable.

This is truly a great hostel and an absolute must stay if you are traveling to Barcelona. The facilities and beds are nice but the thing that really sets this place apart from most hostels is the staff and the amazing atmosphere that they create. Every single staff member is incredibly welcoming, always willing to go out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable and then they take you out for an awesome night drinking, after a delicious dinner and a big bowl of sangria. Amazing hostel!!!

I've been backpacking across Europe for the last two months , I can honesty say hostel one was the best hostel I have ever stayed , the rooms are great . And showers are clean but that's not why I loved it . I loved it because of the people that work there . Every single person is just so amazing. So nice , so caring . I will defiantly be going back to Barcelona and staying there . Thank you Angel , Marcos , Mauro . And everyone else

Simply put, best hostel experience I´ve ever had. Very much of it was due to Marcos. He made sure that everyone was having a great time. He always had something planned, whether it was day or night for the hostel guests. Also what´s great about this hostel is that it can be either a party hostel or a chill hostel, it´s all up to what you´re looking for. Have been to many, many hostels and must say that this quality is quite rare to find.