Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2077 Total Reviews

This hostel was amazing, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with all accommodations.

Can't wait to stay here again. Perfect hostel

Great hostel. The people working there are very welcoming and ready to help at any time. The location and the property of the hostel are very satisfying. I won't hesitate to go back there next time I'm going to Barcelona.

• 12th Jun 2014

Really great. Dinners every night make it very easy to meet others! Staff were extremely friendly and offered to take a group of people out every night if you wanted, or were very helpful for suggesting where to go for a good time! Also very helpful for things to do during the day. Really nice place if you want to party and also have a chill time. Would recommend for sure.

The guys working at the front desk are super helpful. Big thank you to both of them for being accommodating to the needs of the travelers and going above and beyond what is expected of a hostel. We definitely appreciate it! These guys are there to help you with whatever you may need during your stay.

Fantastic hostel! Great for meeting people, clean and spacious rooms. Good location, outstanding staff!! Nice outside area for chilling and meeting fellow travelers. Will be back for sure!!

Absolutely great atmosphere coming from the staff and other people staying. The lobby is a great place to hang out and meet people. They have plenty of chill spots including a hot tub. The staff cooks dinner every night for the entire hostel and it serves as a great time to meet people before going out that night. PJ took us to Nasty Monday's at Apollo- that was ridiculous. The staff cares about your time there and really helped us enjoy Barcelona!!!

Excellent hostel with very nice and welcoming staff. The hostel is very backpacker oriented. I am absolutely in favour of the common dinners that are organised very regularly if not daily. The location is great, located in a bit of a quiet corner in Barcelona, but still on a walkable distance from the city center's bars and pubs.

Fantastic hostel with a great atmosphere....The beds were comfy, the toilets very clean and the free meal at night was delicious (as good as anything in Barcelona). The staff were extermely friendly especailly Nikola and PJ!! Thanks for a great stay!!!

• 7th Jun 2014

This is Greatest hostel I've ever stayed. Only bad thing is it will make every other hostel you stay at seem lame. It's not the atmosphere, the rooms, or the beds that make this place great. It's the staff. Yes, the people who work at the hostel are amazing. I loved their energy. I kept extending my stay at this hostel just because I felt so welcomed. I love the nightly dinner they always make. I'm vegan and they always made sure there was vegan food. I thank PJ, Nikoletta, Go

I literally love this place so much. The staff is young and really knowledgable and willing to take you out to really great places. The place is really cool and has a kitchen with food that was leftover if you are super hungry and broke at the same time. The staff is willing to barter for things too. I did the dishes from dinner one night not expecti anything out of it and they asked me if I needed anything. I needed a clean towel and he lent me one for free for doing the dishes. GO HERE!

• 6th Jun 2014

Staying at this hostel was a lot of fun! It was great to meet so many people and hang out in the common areas. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. It was nice to be in a smaller room after sharing with 12-14 people at other hostels. We will definitely be staying at this hostel if we are ever back in Barcelona!

We had a wonderful time at Hostel One. Accomodations were pretty standard - a few bunk beds, lockers, and very clean shared bathrooms. The staff made it phenomenal - receptionists were all extremely friendlt and helpful. We talked with one fellow for hours about his life in Argentina, and another, PJ, led us as a group to an incredible underground bar. The staff did a great job of creating a community among its guests, who regularly hung out in the evening. Breakfast was good and cheap as well.

Best hostel in all of Europe! Very social atmosphere and really close to great tapas bars and clubs. Clean rooms, good wifi connection, friendly and helpful staff. What more could you need?

• 3rd Jun 2014

This hostel was unbelievable. Family dinners are amazing. The staff are amazing. The people are so open and inviting and making it the perfect destination for any solo traveler. Easily the best place to stay in Barcelona. If you're tossing up between this hostel and another stop your search now. Book this hostel before it gets taken up. Will definitely be going back :)

• 2nd Jun 2014

Quite likely one of the best hostels in the world. The rooms are great, but what really sets this Hostel apart is the staff and the atmosphere they create. With there example everyone became instant friends. Could not recommend Paralelo enough.

If you're after a fun party hostel in Barcelona then this place is a winner. Maybe not the place to go if you're after a good night's sleep though! Music and drinking keeps going till late (although maybe that's more a comment on the city than the hostel!) Decent facilities and wonderful staff, and a terrific place to meet people. Great location too, walking distance from everything worth walking to!

1) Very nice staff! I had a very nice welcoming by Nikoletta. 2) Sorry PJ, you dinner is not the best. :P

Nikoletta was great! I got in late and she was more than willing to help me book a tour for the next day. Comfortable beds too. Angel, the owner, was helpful too with recommendations...

• 30th May 2014

The staff really made this hostel one of the best I've stayed in, such friendly, helpful people. Free dinners were awesome too, great friendly atmosphere to socialise with other travellers. Would recommend if you're traveling alone. Only let down was it was in a bit of a sedy area where my friend got pickpocketed but that's Barcelona for ya! Was close to the metro which was good. Thanks guys!