Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2067 Total Reviews

I literally love this place so much. The staff is young and really knowledgable and willing to take you out to really great places. The place is really cool and has a kitchen with food that was leftover if you are super hungry and broke at the same time. The staff is willing to barter for things too. I did the dishes from dinner one night not expecti anything out of it and they asked me if I needed anything. I needed a clean towel and he lent me one for free for doing the dishes. GO HERE!

• 6th Jun 2014

Staying at this hostel was a lot of fun! It was great to meet so many people and hang out in the common areas. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. It was nice to be in a smaller room after sharing with 12-14 people at other hostels. We will definitely be staying at this hostel if we are ever back in Barcelona!

We had a wonderful time at Hostel One. Accomodations were pretty standard - a few bunk beds, lockers, and very clean shared bathrooms. The staff made it phenomenal - receptionists were all extremely friendlt and helpful. We talked with one fellow for hours about his life in Argentina, and another, PJ, led us as a group to an incredible underground bar. The staff did a great job of creating a community among its guests, who regularly hung out in the evening. Breakfast was good and cheap as well.

Best hostel in all of Europe! Very social atmosphere and really close to great tapas bars and clubs. Clean rooms, good wifi connection, friendly and helpful staff. What more could you need?

• 3rd Jun 2014

This hostel was unbelievable. Family dinners are amazing. The staff are amazing. The people are so open and inviting and making it the perfect destination for any solo traveler. Easily the best place to stay in Barcelona. If you're tossing up between this hostel and another stop your search now. Book this hostel before it gets taken up. Will definitely be going back :)

• 2nd Jun 2014

Quite likely one of the best hostels in the world. The rooms are great, but what really sets this Hostel apart is the staff and the atmosphere they create. With there example everyone became instant friends. Could not recommend Paralelo enough.

If you're after a fun party hostel in Barcelona then this place is a winner. Maybe not the place to go if you're after a good night's sleep though! Music and drinking keeps going till late (although maybe that's more a comment on the city than the hostel!) Decent facilities and wonderful staff, and a terrific place to meet people. Great location too, walking distance from everything worth walking to!

1) Very nice staff! I had a very nice welcoming by Nikoletta. 2) Sorry PJ, you dinner is not the best. :P

Nikoletta was great! I got in late and she was more than willing to help me book a tour for the next day. Comfortable beds too. Angel, the owner, was helpful too with recommendations...

• 30th May 2014

The staff really made this hostel one of the best I've stayed in, such friendly, helpful people. Free dinners were awesome too, great friendly atmosphere to socialise with other travellers. Would recommend if you're traveling alone. Only let down was it was in a bit of a sedy area where my friend got pickpocketed but that's Barcelona for ya! Was close to the metro which was good. Thanks guys!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive and ensure you have a great time in Barcelona whether it be by giving you tips to explore the city or taking you out to the best bars. The dinners every night are fantastic, and a great way to meet everyone in the hostel. Thanks to Angel, Goncalo and Nicola for being the best staff!

Our overall experience at Hostel One was absolutely amazing! The staff was super friendly and helpful answering any questions we had about the city and giving us advice. The facility itself is really nice and clean., and the beds were super comfortable. Angel was the best host a traveler could ask for; he took us out on a barcrawl every single night that we stayed... getting us out of cover and lines! However, the best part about staying at Hostel One is the family style dinners that are served!

• 26th May 2014

Best hostel Ive ever stayed at in every way!

• 26th May 2014

Hoste One Paralelo is hands down the best hostel in Barcelona. It is a combination of a family style atmosphere and partying, which is the best of both worlds. Angel, the hostel owner is an amazing host and makes the entire experience completely memorable by preparing nightly activities and being completely accessible to any of your needs. You also get the chance to really make connections with all the guests bc of the free nightly dinner set up in a family style buffet.

• 26th May 2014

Excellent hostel. The staff is super nice and the hostel is small enough in order to meet very nice people.

I had so much fun here! It's a great place to meet people, it's easy to walk to the city centre and the staff are all super helpful and friendly

• 24th May 2014

Reading previous reviews, I'm so glad I chose this hostel. Its a smaller hostel so its easier to meet people and it has a great family like atmosphere. The staff at this place are super friendly and helpful, especially Angel. He is amazing and is incredibly friendly and chill and takes the guests out every night. There is also a free dinner every night.

• 24th May 2014

Excellent place to stay, would recommend to anyone especially solo travellers!

• 22nd May 2014

the hosts, especially angel, were incredibly friendly and helpful. they treat you like family. they made sure we got the most we could get out of barcelona. highly recommended.

• 21st May 2014

I tend to be very apprehensive about staying in hostels but upon arrival at Hostel One this was quickly put to ease. Greeted by PJ who gave me and my 4 friends a map and showed us everything we could possibly need and want! The room was small but it worked. Beds are very comfortable!!! Shared shower was fine for 4 nights. Big mention to Angel for being the best club/nightlife guide. Each night he'll take you out to a club and make sure you're alright and get free entry! I will miss this place!