Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

This is a great place to stay if you are traveling alone. There really is a family atmosphere here and it's very easy to meet people to hang out with. The employees are some of the nicest and accommodating that I've met. I don't think people ever locked the door to our room, but we all trusted each other and each person is provided a locker. Family dinner every night is awesome!

Best hostel ever! Gonçalo and his team are so welcoming, you will feel at home from the first minute. With awesome extras like hot jacuzzi and organized dinner every night, this place is really hard to beat!

Couldn't have asked for a better hostel stay in Barcelona. I wanted to stay somewhere sociable, but not super party, that was clean, well located, affordable, etc. The best thing here really is the staff - Marcus, Juan Jose, Gonzalo and Cynthia all make for a great team and create a comforting zone that really enhanced my visit to the city. Stayed for the dinners a few nights, great food and nice getting to meet other travelers. Going out with the staff/travelers also tons of fun. Truly a gem.

• 25th Nov 2013

Amazing place, really nice, clean, close to the metro station and, by far, the best staff a hostel could ever ask!!! The staff were such amazing persons, really nice, humble, they treated you not as a client but as a friend and gave me a lot of tips, so it made my stay really pleasant! Really, really worth it and would definitely stay there again.

Awesome all around!!! Bill

Awesome hostel, staff was great, atmosphere great, nothing bad to say. I´ve stayed here twice now on my trips through Barcelona and would definitely recommend to anyone.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Absolutely loved all of the staff. Cynthia was very informative and tried to help as much as she could. The day shift guys were awsome as well. They did a great job at creating a family atmosphere during dinner. Juan Jose and the other night shift staff were really fun on those nights when we felt like just staying in at the hostel and having a few beers. Location is awesome, lots of cheap stores in the area. First hostel and I'm pretty sure it will be my favorite.

Absolutely awesome place to stay. The family dinners were brilliant and a great way to meet people. This place must go off in the summer. Massive shoutout to the amazing staff too, very helpful and fun! Definitely recommend this place! Great location too

Best hostel in the world. Great staff, especially Marcus and Juan José. Great work!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. Great staff and facilities, and they cook big dinners and show you the night life!

• 15th Nov 2013

Very nice stay, though only one night. Staff is very friendly, they have a jacuzzi outside and breakfast everyday. Rooms and bathrooms are small but clean. I recommend it.

Had the absolute BEST TIME here. Staff are amazing and really make the place feel like home. You need to stay here when in Barcelona!!! Fun, clean, friendly, hot tub, family dinner. Can't go wrong. Miss it already

• 14th Nov 2013

I like the staff and the hostel room very much.

First 100% I have given! and well deserved. Location excellent, everything clean. Staff are amazing, welcoming as soon as you step in the door. Met some amazing friends over the lovely dinners. Just to top it off, the place has a bloody spa! Top work. Also, the supermercat down the street has 2€ bottles of red wine! 'Terra Nostre', well worth a go its a lovely drop. Cheers

Apart from the hostel itself, I very much like the quarter Poble Sec in which it's located: Not touristy, safe, multicultural, cheap and excellent food, cheap drinks... Moreover, it's both close to the city center and to Montjuic: One can walk everywhere in just a few minutes.

Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed, staff (especially Marcus and PJ) very attentive and helpful. thanks for the experience.

• 8th Nov 2013

Staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, particularly PJ. I arrived around 9pm and was greeted with a homemade meal to enjoy with the rest of the guests, which is something I was not expecting. The hostel contains a lovely courtyard complete with a jacuzzi, which is worth a special mention. Beds are extremely comfortable, to the point where I couldn't wake up and nearly missed my flight. Overall was a fantastic place, definitely lives up to it's name and ratings.

• 7th Nov 2013

I booked one night and stayed a week! the communal area is great to meet people and have a few drinks in the spa. Cynthia in particular is an angel and made our stay amazing, always pulling strings to help us stay more nights. and PJ makes a great free dinner! would definately come back here

Absolutely great hostel a real feeling of family, the staff are great and do everything they can to make your stay more enjoyable, thanks to Pj for taking us on some great nights out and to cynthia for going way out of her way to find my missing hoodie

• 4th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

The one thing that made this hostel was the friendly staff. They are so helpful and really show an interest in not only making your stay amazing, but also in being in your friend and chatting to you about things. Really chilled atmosphere as well. The rooms were clean - I stayed in a 6 person mixed dorm and despite some annoying people who decided to have a brawl in the middle of the night, it was quite good. Also loved the home cooked dinners - I think it really made the hostel feel homey.