Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

absolutely the best hostel i have stayed! really good atmosphere. the free dinner every night gathers travellers together. so everyone ends up talking and having fun together afterwards in the common room. staff are supper nice! as a student, i have met so many other students which are ideal! love barcelona love hostel one! definitely go back someday!

I was greeted by Marco at about 2am. What a guy. In fact, the hostel's biggest asset is the people who work here. The meals together are genuinely priceless if you're a lone ranger, or you just fancy buddying up to wander around in the day. I stayed for 3 weeks. Couldn't recommend the place enough. The hot tub is golden. And clean. Met a babe called Stacey and we chilled in the tub with a smoke. Do it.

• 20th Sep 2014

A fantastic hostel with a great community vibe. They encourage guests to come along to the evening meal served in the hostel - great for those on a budget and a great opportunity to socialise. The dorm room was smallish but very quiet at night and despite the cool autumn weather, I'm sure the built in air-con would be v-useful in the summer. The subway is a few minutes walk with good links to the rest of the city. The hostel workers are very friendly and always on hand to offer advice and tips.

Extremely good atmosphere, you felt at home immediately. Hostel life at its best.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hands down the best hostel staff I've ever stayed with. So genuinely welcome from the moment I pressed the bell that I actually felt at home. These guys just want you to have the best time and are just ridiculously helpful and friendly. The vibe among the guests was friendly and relaxed, helped along by the staff and the tip-based dinners and breakfasts. Beds and sheets were clean and smelled good. Air-conditioning was great. Only complaint: showers were a bit small but I'm a bigger guy.

The staff and place were amazing!

The hostel is awesome. I'm going to miss the friends I've made. I want to go back already.

• 17th Sep 2014

Hostel One Paralelo is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff are incredible here and so helpful. They help create a friendly and fun atmosphere for everyone by cooking dinner each night and then taking who ever wants to go out to the clubs every night. The hostel is very clean and modern with plenty of communal areas to relax in and chat with other travellers and the staff. I would highly recommend it to both solo travellers as well as groups.

• 16th Sep 2014

We had a great time in Barcelona and this hostel. It's a great atmosphere there and the staff is just amazingly nice. With the family dinner it is perfect to meet people and to have a good time and a good party night out too. The food was not fancy but yummy. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay though, it is maybe not the best place. It is busy and kind of noisy.

Easily the best hostel I have been to in Europe. Ricardo and Nikola are amazing. Very friendly and helpful. The common area, breakfast for 2.5euros and the dinner make this hostel 'the' place to stay in Barcelona.

Very cool and helpful staffs! Look for that guy Riccardo, he's the best!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Great hostel to stay in. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the facilities are very good. Breakfast for €2.50 is a bargain also. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, but it is a particularly good place to stay if you are travelling alone, as it is really easy to meet, talk to and socialise with other travellers. Will definitely come to Barcelona again and will definitely be staying here again.

This hostel was the best we've stayed in by far. The staff are friendly,helpful and kind,the atmosphere fun and inclusive and the building itself well positioned,clean and accessible. We intend to stay here again thanks to the great atmosphere and wonderful people we met. Free family meals were amazing and the staff made everyone feel just that- well looked after like a member of the family. Can't recommend this place highly enough!

• 8th Sep 2014

This is what all hostels should feel like, welcoming, clean, and comfortable, everything I feli at Hostel One. Everyone on staff, Ricardo, Nicoletta, and (Marco , I believe was the night staffer). Ricardo was hilarious and even made my first day there feel nice and comfortable, like I've been there before, made me feel very relaxed in a new place. Not a lot of places would offer a free dinner either, which made the place feel even more like stopping in on family. I give this place a A++++.

• 8th Sep 2014

It was super great !!! Thanks a lot for your kindness, the food and your smiles !! We loved our experience in Hostel One Paralelo ! AND we LOVE Barcelona !! Sarah & Jesse :)

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Fantastic hostel! The staff were amazing! Of all the hostels I stayed on my trip this one had the best atmosphere, with communal meals in the evening you get to know your fellow travellers and the food was good. The facilities were excellent and clean. The hostel is located within a five minute walk to the metro and then its only a few stops to La rambla. Excellent hostel!

Great hostel. Great staff and really good food too!!

Staff is amazing, you will have fun and feel comfortable. I will recommend this place to all Barcelona travellers. Thanks guys!

Fantastic place to stay, will recommend to everyone!

It is the best hostel in Europe.

• 6th Sep 2014