Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Vaya! Es lo mejor! Just go. This is the first and possibly the only 100 star rating that I will give. I planned on staying one night, but I loved it so much I stayed another night. To start off, the people are amazing and the facility is excellent. They feed you, entertain you, house you, and would probably clothe you too. They said "more members to the family" when I arrived. It only took me one night to understand why they said that. They are really special people in a very special place.

Simply one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The awesome dinner every night was a great way to meet other travelers and make new friends. The pub crawl was also great for getting a feel of the night life in Barcelona. I can not wait to go back!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great free dinner. People were really beyond great. Merilin and Javier were so attentive to all of our needs and were also just so fun to hang out with. Met other really cool backpackers there as well. If you're in Barcelona you have to stay at this hostel.

I AM LOVING HOSTEL ONE!! Warm hospitality which makes one so hard to leave, a very social place, a cool location also to explore Barcelona's nightlife by foot and a delightful breakfast for a very little extra charge. I was most of the time in contact with Barcelona's all secrets knower the wonderful Merilin and the man of stealth, making the impossible possible maker Angel. YOU ARE BOTH GREAT!! @Merilin: really I never had such smooth paper in no hostel in the world. ;)

Hostel One Paralelo is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff are always available and ready to help. They cook a free dinner for everyone at the hostel every night (funded only by tips) and then everyone goes out for drinks after. Very fun place.

Been traveling for a few months now and this place is the best of the best. The staff are super nice and helpful, "family dinners" every night make it real easy to meet people (great as a solo traveller), basically everything you'd want in a hostel. Next time I'm in Barca I'll definitely be back here

Staff are super friendly and are happy to help you in any way. Atmosphere is great, just like one big happy family! The place was clean and everything was functional, rooms were small with limited space to pack and unpack but it was never really an issue. Beds were really comfortable. Highly recommend it!

Hostel One Paralelo is one of the best hostels I've stayed in my life. The atmosphere is great, the staff deserves a special mention as they are the most awesome people I met. They will help you with anything you need. The dinners prepared at night are always great and it is a good place to meet other travelers. If you are coming to Barcelona you should definitely stay here. I know I will when I come back! Thanks Angel for everything :)

I love this hostel! The staff Angel in particular, but also PJ are friendly & always there to make genuine conversation. They have an incredible wealth of knowledge of the area & are a great resource for suggestions--even if you don't want to party every night. They do a great job of making solo travelers feel welcome & keep the place clean. A major highlight for me was the communal dinners they have every night.

• 3rd Mar 2015

This hostel is extremely nice and cozy. What makes it really especially nice and fun is the warm staff who are very friendly and helpful with everything you can imagine. They constantly want you to feel good and enjoy your stay :)

The entire staff was so helpful and accommodating. They went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed and more! Our stay in Barecelona was absolutely amazing, and it largely was because of our stay at this Hostel.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Holy cow. What an amazing hostel. Easily one of the cleanest and most friendly Hostels I have ever been in. The staff couldn't be more loving and golden-hearted. Wow. Would I recommend? Yes, I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to make friends, feel safe, and enjoy their time in BCN.

• 28th Feb 2015

Excellent family atmosphere with staff who go above and beyond to help you enjoy your stay in Barcelona. John "the night guy" adds to the security at night. Nightly outings to bars and clubs.

Hostel one paralelo should be stayed at in Barcelona. Period. It's a really nice place. The staff makes it perfect. Nobody can have any negative reviews about this place. Even if i'm travelling to Barcelona for the tenth time, I'd love to stay here...

• 27th Feb 2015
  • India

Definitely my favorite hostel so far! I was staying with Hostel One Paralelo for five days and it was awesome! Staff here are the best! Big thanks to Angel and Merilin, you guys have been so helpful and sweet! Every night after DELICIOUS free dinner, staff would take us to bars and clubs and offer us free shots and beers. Just imagine going out with a big gang of 30 people from the hostel! Anyways, if you are going to Barcelona, stay with Hostel One Paralelo! You'll have a fantastic time!

Had the best experience in this hostel, the stuff is amazing and very friendly, they give the best info about the area and with the best attitude, definitely I would stay in this place again.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Hostel One was Amazing!! Super friendly staff, great location.. It was not in La Rambla like it seemed most hostels were so I like that it was not extremely loud outside the hostel yet it still had tons to do and see da round it and was very close walking to La Rambla, Metro, and tons of great things to do and see in Barcelona.. Free dinners (just give a tip), Free Sangria, they brought us all to the best places.. What is not to like.. They make you feel like family when you are here. 5 stars

I LOVE THIS HOSTEL. This was my second time staying here and I still don't want to leave. Angel, Mauro, and Merline will make you feel right at home. Good location, clean facilities, and a very social environment. I'll be back for a third time before too long!

Excellent stay! It was my first time and my friend's first time staying in a Hostel. I liked that there was a buzzer or security code to get into the hostel. The staff made themselves familiar with their guests. We were delighted with the cleanliness. The best part was the staff. PJ was helpful and kind during our check in. Angel was an excellent host and cook. All the hostel guests got together and enjoyed a night at a bar and club. I made a connection with everyone!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Had a great time in this hostel. The staff is extremely helpful in explaining the city. The manager Angel is great at hospitality and information. Other employees like Merilyn cook and take people out to bars every night and show everyone a great time. There is a group dinner every night at 9pm so its a great way to meet other people before going out or sightseeing. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Location is a few blocks from metro station so its easy to get anywhere.

• 23rd Feb 2015