Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

Hostel One Paralelo is the best place I've ever stayed. The entire staff was amazing. Juan, Manuel, Nikola, and Angel all had the greatest attitudes. Ricardo is a true legend; the guy is the one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Rafa as well, he cooked the best food I had in Barcelona. I'd highly recommend staying here.

• 1st Sep 2014

In my opinion the matresses are very thin/ hard

• 31st Aug 2014

PJ is AWESOME!

• 31st Aug 2014

Great hostel with a good location and very helpful and friendly staff. Major attractions are within a convenient walking distance. Dorms are clean and air conditioned. Highly recommended!

Being two women in our sixties, a hostel could be awkward. Within minutes of arriving we were invited to tapas with the staff and other travelers. We shared stories over several meals over the next few days. It was a wonderful, fun place to stay with easy access to different parts of the city.

Awesome hostel! You must check this place out. Although my stay was short, I really enjoyed my time here. If it was possible, I would have stayed longer.. and will definitely be staying here next time I find myself in Barcelona. The atmosphere was cool and perfect for meeting other travelers. The staff were awesome - Nikola was lovely, really helpful and made me feel welcome and part of the family. I would totally recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Budapest! :D

• 28th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Like this hostel as it was not a big hostel and you can easily interact with other people who come from different parts of the world..even they have free dinners so its awesome..also the beds are comfatable..one thing that's not cool is the showers are too small apart from that everything is nice

Wow. Amazing staff, amazing atmosphere, amazing value. Located slightly further from Las Ramblas but if you're looking for a hostel that balances partying/having a good time with getting to know your fellow backpackers, this is it. The hostel dinners every night really brings everyone together. Met some of the coolest backpackers here.

The staff was the best I have ever experienced in any hostel, they went out of their way to help us out.

The hostel is in a great location with easy access to the major sites in Barcelona. The staff is incredibly friendly and it is extremely easy to meet other people in the hostel (especially during the group dinners). As a first time solo traveller, I thought it was nice that they provide that experience for their guests. The rooms are well maintained. My one complaint is that the showers are very small, but that didn't detract from my overall experience. Definitely planning to come back!

• 23rd Aug 2014

The staff were awesome. The shower was extremely small with nowhere to put soap, shampoo, etc. The dinners cooked for us were fresh and healthy (and cheap!) which was a nice change from the usual backpackers diet.

Wonderful place to stay and at a great location. Super friendly staff that are very helpful. Short walk to the metro line that gets you to all the top sites. 100 metres from the hostel is Blai Street which offers good options for enjoying tapas. Definitely will choose Hostel One Paralelo when returning to Barcelona.

This hostel was simply amazing! The atmosphere is great and there is a strong sense of community with both staff and other guests. Dinner is served every night at 9 where we all get a chance to socialize and then party together! Barcelona was my last and favourite city of my EuroTrip thanks to this wonderful hostel that made my experience completely unforgettable!

• 21st Aug 2014

like a home away from home, the staff where great and really added to the atmosphere of the place

Felt like a family. Wonderful staff and communal dinners.

I cannot say enough about this hostel. From the location to the AMAZING staff, I had an incredible time thanks to Hostel One Paralelo. As soon as I was greeted by Riccardo, I knew that I was in for an unforgettable time. Made amazing friends, enjoyed nightly dinners and the nightlife. Would definitely recommend staying here! Thanks again for everything PJ, Nikola and Riccardo! This Canadian girl cannot wait to come back to Barcelona xo

Absolutely loved it from the second I walked in. PJ, Nicola, Manuel and Richardo are all amazing people who all look out for you to ensure you have a brilliant time in Barcelona. 9pm dinner each and every night (by donation) and cheap breakfast option in the morning. Rooms had air conditioning and were clean and secure. Footsteps away from excellent Spanish tapas, churros and pinchos as well as a supermarket. Come here for the atmosphere and good people.

Completely loved my stay! Thanks:)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • India

Good loacation, close to subway and not so far from ramblas and nightclubs. Breakfast is ok, delicious tortilas. Wifi in all floors. Terrace to relax and meet people. Great staff, thanks for everything Ricardo and PJ. Had great time here.

I felt the hostel is run by young people. I do love that, they were nice and polite. It wasn't that clean but I strongly think it wasn't because of the users. My room has this funky smell, it came from the clothes and shoes of the backpackers...hey I can afford a hotel room, I'm here for the experience with other people, so no complaints about this. If you pay a hostel you have to be aware of this. I like the location and the nice touch of the included breakfast! Great job guys!