Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2072 Total Reviews

Brilliant hostel. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. Good location - walkable to Las Ramblas or there's a metro very close by. Dinner every night is a great way to meet other solo travellers. Bar crawl on Saturday night was poor but apparently this was a once off with a new company. Monday night out with the hostel staff was great.

An amazing hostel! I was travelling alone and met so many other people doing the same thing. It was super easy to connect because the staff made sure the hostel had a very open and friendly atmosphere. They cook dinner for everyone every night and can help you with anything you need in Barcelona. Location was perfect, walking distance to pretty much everything but still didn't feel too "touristy". I extended my stay twice! This is the place to stay if you're in Barcelona!

• 10th May 2014

Staffs are excellent!

Very good hostel. Just outside the centre, near mount Monjuic. But only 15min walk to the ramblas and close to metro station. Staff is super friendly, warm and welcoming. You can ask anything and they will try to help you. For us maybe a too social atmosphere. Staff makes diner at night and then everybody goes out togheter, we just wanted some quality time so we didn't participate. I would really recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 8th May 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay in hostel one... the Atmosphere is great the stuff really helpfull and friendly. We slept in an 4 bed room which was quite small but still ok. The bathroom was cleaned every day but the shower was really small... it was a but hard to moove inside. The hostel is in a good location close enough to the city but quiet in the night. I would stay again in that hostel during my next trip to barcelona

• 8th May 2014

Such an awesome staff! They were so friendly and welcoming and offered great recommendations for going out, eating, places to visit, etc. The entire hostel has such a great atmosphere. I felt at home here and met so many other wonderful travelers. If I ever come back to Barcelona, I will definitely be coming back to stay in this hostel!

Incredible atnmosohere and staff. Best hostel I've ever stayed at and well worth the money.

• 6th May 2014

Great Hostel. Excellent location and amazing staff. Staff and hostel clearly more interested in you having a good stay than making money from you. Evening meals together are great and the staff know all the best places to go to experience the real Barca. Gracias PJ, Nikola and Goncalo. I'll be back again hopefully.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Far more than just a place to stay, they really make your time in Barcelona amazingly better. Free family style dinner cooked every night, breakfast every morning, and an atmosphere that invites people to meet each other, make friends, and enjoy Barcelona together.

• 6th May 2014

The staff is incredibly nice, and so is the atmosphere. It's so small that you get to Know everyone :) for a tip we had Dinner together every night which was a great opportunity to get to Know the other guests (and also very cheap :) Everything is clean and comfortable. If I'll be in Barcelona again, it is definitely going to be this hostel.

Really the best hostel! It represents Barcelona so well that the government should subsidize them! The staff is EXTREMELY helpful, I showed up not knowing a single thing about the city and they had great advices! So genuinly friendly.

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Angel, Nikola and the staff go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. The people I met at the hostel over family dinner were such a great group of people and it really does feel like a family home. As a lone female traveler, I found the location excellent and very secure. Thanks for the great stay!

• 3rd May 2014
  • K_Stewart14

I had a fantastic stay at Hostel One Paralelo, the best hostel I have stayed at. Fantastic staff, very willing to help plan out your day and show you around town. The beds are comfortable and clean. The "family dinner" is fantastic and is really helpful if traveling alone. Will definitely stay here next time I visit!

If you want a family welcoming environment, clean hostel, great place to meet new people - don't look anywhere else. This place is amazing!

• 2nd May 2014

The staff are really friendly and so helpful, basically shaping our trip with their tips! They have made a lovely familial atmosphere at the Hostel.

• 2nd May 2014

Having only gone out of UK to France for school trips over 10 years; I was quite nervous to have a holiday by myself, somewhere I didn't know...but hostel 1 & everyone that was staying made this trip an unforgetable experience. I stayed from Wednesday night till Sunday of May day bank holiday; everyone that worked there was extreamly friendly & welcoming. They put on food for the guests & arrange nights out to make sure everyone's entertained; but of course you can go do your own thing, they kno

• 30th Apr 2014

One of the best of the hostels I've ever stayed in for 2 reasons: the evening meals get everyone together and creates a fantastic atmosphere, and the staff - they make a tremendous effort to make sure your stay is as fun and friendly as possible. They went above and beyond to make my trip wonderful. Thank you

• 30th Apr 2014

First time staying at this hostel and will definitely be back!! Everything about it was great. The staff, atmosphere and environment made it feel like one massive family. Free food is always a bonus, and it was clean and in a great spot. Definitely worth a visit. I know where I'll be staying next time I'm in Barcelona :)

• 29th Apr 2014

Hostel One Paralelo was a fantastic experience in every sense of the word. The hospitable environment created by the warm and enthusiastic staff makes for the ideal way to meet people and maximize the time spent in Barcelona. The nightly family dinners are great and provide an opportunity to gather with everyone in the hostel. The staff have extensive local knowledge and are able to assist with any queries you may have. Many thanks to Angel, PJ, Nico and Juajjo for all the laughs and good times.

• 29th Apr 2014

A decent hostel. However, I found the location quite inconvenient . It's a decent 10 minute walk and after 5 nights of staying there, I still found it difficult to navigate through the nearby streets. I strongly suggest getting something near La Ramblas, especially if you're expecting to party in Barcelona. Angel is a great host. The new girl there is very nice too. PJ's a little sketchy though, it's apparent that he doesn't enjoy working there.