Hostel One Paralelo Reviews

Calle Salvá 62, Barcelona, Spain

2079 Total Reviews

First time staying at this hostel and will definitely be back!! Everything about it was great. The staff, atmosphere and environment made it feel like one massive family. Free food is always a bonus, and it was clean and in a great spot. Definitely worth a visit. I know where I'll be staying next time I'm in Barcelona :)

• 29th Apr 2014

Hostel One Paralelo was a fantastic experience in every sense of the word. The hospitable environment created by the warm and enthusiastic staff makes for the ideal way to meet people and maximize the time spent in Barcelona. The nightly family dinners are great and provide an opportunity to gather with everyone in the hostel. The staff have extensive local knowledge and are able to assist with any queries you may have. Many thanks to Angel, PJ, Nico and Juajjo for all the laughs and good times.

• 29th Apr 2014

A decent hostel. However, I found the location quite inconvenient . It's a decent 10 minute walk and after 5 nights of staying there, I still found it difficult to navigate through the nearby streets. I strongly suggest getting something near La Ramblas, especially if you're expecting to party in Barcelona. Angel is a great host. The new girl there is very nice too. PJ's a little sketchy though, it's apparent that he doesn't enjoy working there.

I love this hostel, the staff (Angel, PJ, John!!) are all great, very welcoming and helpful. You feel like they actually are happy to have you there, not like they're just there working. Patio area is really nice spot to hang out, group dinners at night are fun especially if you like to cook, Angel can always use your help to cook for 20 people! One recommendation is to stay in the 4person rooms if you like your quiet times, less traffic than 6person rooms.

• 28th Apr 2014

This was my second time in this hostel and my stay was just as perfect as the last time. Angel the hostel manger and all the other staff are absolutely fantastic. I could`t recommend this place highly enough. This is the ONLY place you want to stay if you get the chance to visit the wonderful city.

I had a fantastic experience in Hostel One - first time travelling on my own in ages and I felt right at home and didn't want to leave! The staff make it, and dining together in the common room is so special!

• 28th Apr 2014

This hostel was fantastic! Not too far from the beach, not too far from the city center; "family dinners" every night!; an incredible staff team; definitely worth every euro!! Thanks for a great stay guys!! :)

This is the best hostel that I have already been, I do not have in words to explain the support and attention given by Angel and Carla during my stay in Barcelona. I really reccomend this hostel and no doubts that you will have the best experience in your life staying in a hostel.

This was the best hostel I ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help you with everything, and they created a family atmosphere that made it very easy to befriend others. It was clean, close to downtown, and definitely worth the price. I felt I was always taken care of, and when I come back to Barcelona, this will be the only place I would consider staying.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Hostel One was a really great place to stay! It had an awesome atmosphere that made it easy to meet people and see the city. The staff were very nice and helpful, and Angel, one of the staff makes an awesome dinner for everybody everynight- his pasta was definitely a win (my sister and I ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner one day). Stay here!

Hostel One Paralelo was really a good hostel. Located right out of the center, you can get out of the madness for a second if you like. There´s a really nice little walking street near by the hostel with great places to get Tapas for 1 Euro each... they are amazing! The hostel itself is very nice, the staff being the best part. They will go out of their way to help you out, in a good way. Overall the hostel also has a very relaxed attitude towards all that Barcelona has to offer.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Awesome place to stay!!!!

Staff extremely friendly. We ate very good pastas. Place very clean and nice.

The staff are what make this place. From the get go they are welcoming & friendly. As i was travelling alone it was the perfect place to meet & connect with people, particularly over some delicious home cooked food made by the hostels own staff....so great!! I would recommend Hostel One - Paralelo to everyone!

• 20th Apr 2014

Pure happiness! My stay with Angel, PJ, Carla, Vanessa and the crew was such a good time! Frankly, if felt like being at home, chilling/having fun with friends. Definitely, a place to visit again!

• 18th Apr 2014

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Fantastic! Great staff, really good at getting everyone to join in and have a really fun time. Angel as well, what a guy! And everyone should eat at spunky dreams. A salty masterpiece.

I've been in many hostel before but this is definitely the most fun, friendly so far. The staff makes the difference, they really make you feel like you are coming to one of your friends house. They give you all the direction of what to do in Barcelona and also help you a lot with all your bookings etc. Dont doubt to stay in this place, it is a warranty of having an excelente experience in Barcelona. Great location, great atmosphere, and no words for the staff (they are amazing)Carla the best :)

Great family atmosphere. Honestly can't say a bad word about the place it's awesome. Nightly dinners are great for meeting people had one of the funniest/crazy night of our lives. Thanks for making it so good guys. See you again soon!!! From the staff of spunky dreams!!!

We had a fantastic stay, very friendly and helpful staff!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing experience and one of the best and most caring staffs I have ever dealt with. They are really there to facilitate to the customers needs. Special shoutout to Angel.

• 16th Apr 2014