Hostel One Sants Reviews

Calle Casteras 9, Barcelona, Spain

Nice people but far from any party hostel I have stayed at. Felt a bit boring and lonely at the hostel itself, not a cool social vibe at all, partly due to the way the social areas are fragmented. But the people make the party so maybe it was just the various travelers that were there the week that I was. I won't be back.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This is a fantastic hostel with wonderful amenities. The free dinner every night is great and allows you to interact with everyone in the hostel. Rafa and everyone on the staff are incredibly helpful and fun to hangout with. The only downside is the location is a not very close to the city centre, but there is a metro stop near the hostel that takes you to the city center in 10 minutes. I would definitely stay at this hostel again.

Great staff, friendly and helpful. No complaints, the hostel was clean and accomations were nice. Definitely would recommend for travelers.

• 18th Jul 2014

Had an awesome stay here! The staff was incredibly helpful, told us all the sights to see, and even made us delicious dinner! There is also a large breakfast available for relatively cheap. This hostel is a great value, and the experience is unbeatable.

• 17th Jul 2014

I liked the hostel a lot. The rooftop terrace is really nice to relax in the evening. Staff was very helpfull. Because it is close to the trainstation is was easy located for me.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff were SO awesome and friendly!! The most fun and friendly people we encountered on our trip to be honest. We enjoyed some delicious, and amazingly cheap Sangria (only 2.50 euro for a pitcher! we had paid up to 15 euro at other places) on their cute little rooftop terrace, which was very nice and a good place to talk to other travelers and meet cool people. Showers and bathrooms were great, I really appreciated how private and clean they were. It was fun, definitely worth staying here!!!

• 16th Jul 2014

Hostel one was probably one of my favourite hostels because of the staff and the atmosphere. They really make you feel at home and it wasn't until i stayed at other hostels that I realised how good Hostel one was. Location is a bit out of the way but its a short metro ride and you're in the city centre.

I loved staying at this hostel. The staff were great and made me feel really welcome. They were able to produce a family like atmosphere that made meeting new people really easy. Rooms were a little small but with kitchen, roof terrace, and a room in the basement I never felt cramped. Have recommended to many other people.

This is a great hostel. They make you free dinner every night which was very good. Location is great. You are near the metro which takes you anywhere in the city. I highly recommend!

• 10th Jul 2014

Very enjoyable relaxed hostel . A bit nice but that was fine . Had a good time there no problems

The hostel is a little out of the city, which is no problem when the trains are running, but at night when you are partying it's hard to come home with taxi/bus. I love this hostel! When I first arrived, Carlos gave me this massive warm welcome speech and introduction & marked a map out - like ive never experienced. It made me feel great. The free dinner is real and great! Imagine massive bowls of pasta etc. Rafael is amazing too. The two guys are great staff. Would def stay here again

Wonderful hostel! The people were great and genuinely care about making your stay in Barcelona the best in can be! Plus, free dinner is always fantastic. Only downside is that it's not close to the beach or the main area what stuffs happening, so you have to take a couple trains to get anywhere

• 9th Jul 2014

Great spot to be close to the center but in a place you can rest and relax.

The shared bathrooms got a bit messy over the course of the day. There is free dinner every night and a really good atmosphere among the guests and the staff at the hostel. It's in a nice place but just a little removed from most of the tourist areas.

This was a wonderful hostel. The cake in the morning and free dinner at night were a wonderful addition. The location was very convenient and the staff was extremely helpful.

• 8th Jul 2014

Disappointing. Stayed at the Hostel One in Prague and had an incredible time. The staff here wasn't as family esque and actively, I don't know how to describe it, but inclusive and fun. Location was FAR out of town stay in the other one in Barcelona right in the center. Our outlets didn't work, found the staff a little different, and plus far location. Wouldn't stay here again.

The bathroom, toilets and rooms didnt look like they were cleaned when i was there, but other than that, the rest were okay for that price. Wifi was unstable in my room as well.

Great staff who took the time to explain the city map and offer local suggestions. Felt welcome from the beginning (2am) where we were offered food and drinks before the night staff went home.

Staff were very helpful and dinner was a treat. Only downside is you need to pop a taxi/metro to the city.

Over the course of my trip, I stayed at 11 different hostels. Hostel One Sants was BY FAR my favourite! Not only was the hostel incredible, the staff were all easygoing, friendly, and accommodating. As a solo traveler, I counted on meeting people in hostels to socialize with. Hostel One Sants made this easy. They provided free dinners (that were always very good), which allowed for all the guests to come together and meet each other before going out at night. I HIGHLY recommend Hostel One Sants!