Hostel Orange Reviews

Wenceslas Square 20 (Vaclavske namesti 20), Prague, Czech Republic

Was a short trip so booked it for it's location and it was just that- an excellent location but facilities were all quite average. Beds were alright. Layout of hostel was a bit weird. Overall good if you want to see the city for the price you pay. The staff was nice and helpful and gave good advice.

Party hostel. Lot of young people making a mess in the kitchen (hehe). Dorms where ok. Bathrooms a bit dirty, but ok for backpackers like us.

Great hostel. Very accommodating

Orange Hostel in Prague was great! The location was the best and only 5 minutes from the old square. And on top of that you the hostel is located right on one of the main shopping streets and only 10 minutes walk from the central station. I would highly recommend this place to everyone!

WARNING a handful of rooms at the hostel have not been refurbished as specified in their description/pictures. 8 bed dorm room and bathroom on ground floor was covered in the belongings and rubbish of the other people in the room. Staff made no effort to have it tidied for new arrivals or ask the other occupants to be respectful. "Ensuite" area was OLD and unkept. The shower door had no handle and couldnt be closed. Power plug next to my bed was coming out of the wall. I left after first night.

Perfect location--within walking distance of train station and main attractions.

Lockers were broken in the room (had to share). Didn't receive a towel when I checked in (check in was delayed about 2 hours). Power outlets in the common area didn't work. Dryer didn't dry my clothes.

Fantastic place to stay. Very helpful staff. But the best has to be the daily turnover rate. 20 new faces everyday and the hostel is designed such that you have no choice but to interact. Made great friends.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • India

All in all, the receptionists are very pretty

Location can't be beat!! Walking distance to everything including main train station and tons of sights. It was a little noisy when I was there and due to my room location I could hear everything in the place. Overall a great stay! And the restaurant downstairs is very good as well.

It was very cheap and located in the central location of Prague. The rooms are new and clean, enough sockets and lights, also a personal locker. The wifi in the rooms was bad and everyone had to stay on the stairs for internet, though it provided a very chance for chatting. Definitely needs more toilets and bathrooms, it was so crowded during the morning when everyone needs to take a shower.

Incredible location right on Wenceslas Square in the center of the tourist area of Prague. Dorms didn't have air conditioning, but the big windows helped with that. Good atmosphere - everyone was a friendly, young traveler. Wifi didn't work in the dorms, which was annoying. But overall, great hostel.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Really good for young backpackers.

Great location right in the city center, also 5 mins away from main train station by metro. Rooms were clean but very hot. There is no atmosphere in this hostel or areas to meet other guests just a kitchen and that's all.

The entrance is slightly difficult to find but it's located on the shopping road/square and is really only a short 10-minute walk away from historical centre. Staff members at the reception counter are quite helpful (we accidentally overbooked the number of beds and the person at our check-in helped us out with cancelling 2 of the beds). Be prepared to climb the stairs with your luggage! Cleanliness of the bathrooms varies on days.

My friends and I stayed at this hostel for one night due to a logistics error in our travel plans. For this reason, the hostel served its purpose. It was good for the price, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, the kitchen was a little small as well as the common area. The rooms were spacious but the atmosphere was a little bland for a few college kids on a month long, post-graduation trip. Nevertheless, it was a good, cheap hostel.

Very friendly staff at the hostel. Julia shines with her enthusiasm to help others!!

The location was great and I liked the staff. The building itself was also great, but the common areas were small, too hot, uncomfortable, and not kept in the best shape. The roof was also closed while we were there, so we didn't find the hostel to be as social as we had hoped.

There was always someone staffed and the staff were really willing to help, but I just didn't find them to be that helpful. On my first night, I tried to do laundry, but the dryer wasn't working. After 2 loads, my clothes were still wet! Then I asked for directions to the nearest grocery store, after finding the Albert below the hostel, I found that it was closed when I was told it'd be open! I also didn't find any money exchanging places on the street that was pointed out to me.

The location was great, within walking distance of all the main sights. The common room was a bit out of the way, so not that easy to meet people. Generally the place was kept in good order and the staff were also helpful. Key-card access and lockers are provided.

« first « Prev 1 2 3