Hostel Orange Reviews

Wenceslas Square 20 (Vaclavske namesti 20), Prague, Czech Republic

First one I gave five starts to across the board I think!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Wifi is bad.

This hostel was just dead. The bathroom kept flooding and staff wouldn't do anything about it. Also be careful when walking into the corridor when the restaurant downstairs is closed. It's dark. There is a light switch there but you need to know where it is. Some staff were very friendly, others not so helpful.

I like the location of the hostel, accessible to the metro and near the old townsquare. The bedroom was ok, i just wish they could clean better bcoz under the beds are really dusty. Overall, it was an ok stay for me.8

Very good location, nice rooms and comfortable beds. Wifi didnt work in all of the rooms but otherwise no complaints!

Went midweek and it was nice and quiet for me. This place is an amazing location! Would definitely stay here again.

The location of this hostel is excellent. Pretty good atmosphere but the smell from the restaurant is a little nauseating. Not a bad place overall though! Maybe the towels could look nicer but it's a hostel so I guess i can't expect Hilton towels.

• 25th May 2015

It's a decent place to sleep and everyone's friendly. Don't expect anything beyond that.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the location is great, and the price was very good. However I would hesitate to recommend this place because of our mattress. We had a double room (no 2) with a shared bathroom. Our mattress was way too soft, and well past it's expiry date. Also, it seems there weren't enough bathrooms, we were often waiting to use the bathrooms, and the bathrooms were never very clean.

It was an awesome hostle.I will strongly recommend this.Staff and location are the best here.

• 23rd May 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very dirty under each bed. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wish there were more bathrooms though, one toilet/shower per floor was difficult in the mornings.

Overal, the hostel was great. The beds were comfy and the room, bathroom and common area were clean and tidy. The hostel is in a good location, not far from Charles bridge or the old town centre. The only issue was the wifi which was pretty rubbish even on the hostel computer. Was trying to book trains and found it impossible with the wifi signal that there was.

Overall great. Green Tea room #4 is pretty banged up. It should really be painted. Also, one of the lockers is broken in there. Please sweep under the beds, too! They were very dusty. The staff was super friendly, but all seemed pretty new. One got very frazzled during a busy check-in period. Stay calm! :)

Everything was ok, just like another guy said in comments, the atmosphere it wasnt the best. The hostel could be better, because has everything to be a good hostel.

This place had a great location, but besides that I was very displeased. When we first got their I saw that they had an award for top cleanliness among hostels?!? Not sure how they got that, because the bathroom were gross. Dirty sinks, sometimes no toilet paper, floors were covered in soap and shampoo. It was awful. The staff also needs to be more aware of what is going on in the hostel. Our hallway was used as a party hall to drink and be obnoxiously loud, terrible hostel.

• 7th May 2015

We´ve stayed there for the 3rd time but I must say that it was much better at the beginning. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, but the door lock was broken, and you should think about cleaning the bathrooms more often.

I had bed bugs the very first night in Orange. 4 types of bug were in my bed with 7 bugs total... The hostel wouldn't give me my money back AND they said it was most likely my fault. Impossible because I don't stay in hostels or CARRY bugs around. I thought it was very rude that they assumed it was me and wouldn't give me my money back. I'd stay at a different in the future that put their customers and needs first.

• 29th Apr 2015

great central location with friendly staff. 24 hour reception in an interesting and quirky building. Sometimes a wait for the showers but that's to expected. Reading lights and plentiful plugs are very good! Free lockers (in some rooms) too! Good selection of books and information. the one draw back was the limited facilities in the kitchen (no oven and as lack of hobs and utensils). Free computer 💻 and a very cheap laundry service. WiFi was somewhat unreliable throughout the whole hostel

Great location, near most sights. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed at but good value for money.

Great location and friendly staff. Really good value for money and in the centre of Prague, great stay, thanks

• 3rd Apr 2015