Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

The hostel is very far from the centre you'll pay a lot in transportation. The staff was rude and will give you a lot of trouble if you try to change your reservation. The hostel was in terrible condition, floor planks were missing and carpet was pulled out. Not enough bathrooms. Most guest there live there for months at the time. Most of them are young to middle age men and a few were quite rude to the other guest who stayed for shorter periods. The kitchen hadn't been cleaned in weeks.

• 29th Mar 2014

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Don't be persuaded with the cheap prices, it's a trap. It's absolutely filthy, there are rodents, the bedding hasn't been washed in I don't want to know how long. So many safety hazards as they're "renovating", which means you're living in a construction zone. I vote they knock the building down. So far out of town. Sketchy neighbourhood. Please don't stay here.

Very shady hostel. The only security was a sign on the door that said guests and staff only. The doors were very thin, like they were made of plywood, and the bathrooms were nasty. It is very cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I visited the 02 and it is just a walking distance. Very friendly staff and good location.

• 14th Mar 2014

I had a great time in this place, been travelling to London very often and looking for a nice, little cozy place like this for a long time.n Staff members are very helpful and supportive, people in here are all nice. I fully recomend it.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Romania

Great atmosphere. You feel like home. Woolwich is a nice area as well, although very underrated. I definitely recommend.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

The best thing about this hostel is probably the staff, victor is very helpful :) the rest of the place is pritty much what you should expect when booking a cheep hostel in London. Thanks Jack Panda Jones ;)

This hostel has a very nice kitchen. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, as the transport for London is just across the street.

Very nice hostel!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Zambia

I cancelled my staying in Hostel Ordenanace two weeks ago. Nevertheless, they charged me for my first night, I have been asking for my monye back, and no response. They are grat swindlers. No comment.

Worst hotel ever !! DO NOT STAY HERE !!! They don't have any idea how a hostel should be managed. Only thing that i'm going to say is : I reccomend you guys to not stay there !!

I wasn't satisfied with this hostel. The rooms were dirty and the whole atmosphere was negative. I wouldn't recommend this hostel even considering its low prices.

Cheep and cheerful.

• 29th Oct 2013

Overall, it's not bad (it is cheap after all), but personally I wouldn't return. If you can afford to spend a few extra £ for a different place, it's definitely worth it. Our 10 bed dorm (which they don't have anymore) was crowded, smelled (bearable, but unpleasant) and the bathrooms were not clean. The front door doesn't lock, neither do the dorms, at least the area feels safe. So if it's all you can afford, it's decent, but I would have been happier elsewhere.

Awful, worst experience ever. they cancelled booking 2am the night before so couldn't possibly have known, was stranded in the middle of london on our own at night. rude customer service. NEVER come here. will be complaining elsewhere as well. i was shocked and appalled by the whole experience.

• 26th Oct 2013

The hostel itself was in a good location and was a good value for money, but they could put some time into improving the toilets and shower facilities as it was very unclean and one toilet between numerous people just isn't good enough. We booked a room for 4 people and we were then put in a 6 person room and had to share with someone else. We couldn't tell who was staff and who were the customers, maybe a uniform would help. Also the wifi was pretty poor and the kitchen was extremely basic.

• 24th Oct 2013