Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

A very enjoyable stay - with breakfast even included in the price!

For the entire week there was blood on the floor outside the room. I said I would be there at 4 they kept telling me 10 minutes over the duration of 3 hours. Git to the room a sharp knife was left on the side along with a filthy towel and empty food contents under the bed. I can officially say worst hostel I've ever seen.

• 17th Jan 2016

It very good location and close to the Public transport and Shops. Very cooperative staff and good living atmosphere. Compare to price they are providing good service. I recommend hostel ordanace is good hostel for safe stay.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Sri Lanka

My stay at Hostel Ordnance was very good the staff were very kind, supportive and available. The environment was calm, homely, clean, and It's good value for money too.

As a regular hostel sleeper can tell you this hostel has its character.If you want to see real raw London go there.Hostel is situated on the main square there.Early morning on the square noisy street pitchers building their tents there,will wake you up,but you can observe them from the window and think about them.Weekends are the best,that is,under the hostel there is a good pub,square in the night filled with people enjoying the life.Some hostels pretending atmosphere,this one is real.Safe.

500 characters: not enough to explain the poor conditions of this place. WiFi: good. Location: good. Kitchen: big but lacking vital stuff (only 1 knife, 2 forks, 1 plates & 1 small pot). Rooms: cold & smelly (we were in rooms 1 & 2. Room 1 was the coldest). Duvets: VERY thin, not warm at all. I slept with a jacket on. It didn't seem as if beds were made when people checked in/out. I saw a guy with cleaning supplies, but the bathroom was dirty, trash wasn't taken out in 6 days. Someone saw a rat

I've been in many Hostels in UK but this has been the worst so far with unfriendly staff and guests, some kind of reverse racism, I reckon. The coden to the outdoor seldom works.

The worst Hostel around the planet even outside the planet, never ever please!!!

Staff were friendly and went to the local library to print something out for me and hostel close to station. However extremely filthy hostel, uncomfortable mattresses, no toilet paper, only one female toilet in whole hostel, sketchy people staying there, far from city centre, no heating in the room (had to wear 5 layers of clothing to bed), staff often high, filthy kitchen (didnt even bother looking at the free breakfast) and felt very unsafe in the general location of the hostel in woolwich.

Staying here was like staying in a homeless shelter! Upon arrival I was insulted, treated absolutely disgustingly, and then the staff that treated me this way demanded that "I should apologise". The facilities of the building were absolutely disgusting, showers and toilets badly had doors that could lock. The breakfast that was "included" was just bread. In conclusion, this place should not be open to the public, avoid this place at any cost, I would never stay there again even if you paid me.

The owners don't care about th place, and if you are in a really short budget situation is the unique option, no heater working, no WiFi working in rooms just in the reception, sometimes other parts, dirty as hell, no toilet paper, old old everything. Rude staff.

Our reservation was canceled just 3 days before we should come with no refound of deposid. When I contacted them they didn't respond.

The cleanliness can be improved.

I only stayed for one night so I didn't use all of the facilities provided. It was in an area with a lot of music at night (though it may have been just that particular night). The cold water tap in the kitchen needs to be turned more than expected. Other than that, the staff and other guests were very friendly and welcoming.

• 24th Oct 2015

CLEAN UP TOILET TISSUE TOILET HAND WASH The manager is all about money and even when you book on the internet he tries to ignore the cheap internet rate and charge you the higher in-hotel price. Dont tolerate him because he wont tolerate you whenyou are wrong.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Zimbabwe

You get what you pay for but this doss house wasn't worth any amount of money dirty run down filthy showers and toilets security was virtually non existent it's only redeeming feature were the staff who were friendly but no matter how good a deal this seems do not book here!

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Very dirty!!! lots of dust at rooms, and toilets the most dirty I´ve even seen. Even saw a mouse at my room, this is normal in London but yet.... Staff and location was ok, but has a weird atmosphere.

It's cheap.

The hostel has undergone a new transformation and they are still working on it

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

I have been traveling to many countries, I have never seen a poor hostel like (Hostel Ordnance), unsafe, poor reception, very dirty, and most of people who live there are workers, I mean they work and live there. I had few chats with new people who came to the hostel and they where shocked of what they saw. I advice any one not to make the same mistake I made, pay something more and get your peace to your step door.

• 30th Sep 2015