Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

The hostel was not clean, the room and bathroom also, me and my friend were not feeling safe, we wanted to see the room first but the receptionist said:" this is a hostel not a Hotel, so we should not expect high standard" but the only good thing is that it was very close to the train station

• 21st Aug 2015

I've travelled through EU, North America and SEA and I can comfortbaly say this is the worst hostel I have ever been to. Filthy, poorly located, unsafe and poorly run. DONT STAY HERE I AM SERIOUS. Don't be like me and think 'OMG so cheap lets book it!' Stay away! trust me

My friend and I have stayed in this hostel for two nights. Actually we did have stayed before at the very beginning of our trips. The kitchen has improved a lot in terms of both cleanliness and numbers of tools. The room was not bad. However, the room only has one plug with one socket, which is totally not enough for six people in the room.

It's better to be inside than outside, better to have a roof than to be homeless. But this hostel has to be improved in every aspect.: it's a matter of Health, public health.

Thanks for your comment and for staying with us. we are making major improvements since your visit as the managing team has changed and all the places are cleaned twice a day. You could the improvement when you visit us again Management

This hostel is not safe. I'm not sure the front door locks properly. The only female toilet has no light fixture inside. The showers are not private, without so much as a curtain, and they are directly visible from the hallway when anyone opens the door. One night when returning to the hostel I had to ask a homeless person to get out of the doorway so I could get through. When I finally couldn't take it anymore and asked to check out early, the clerk actually fought with and yelled at me.

Thanks for your comment. We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy the stay with us.. After your visit we have replaced the locks in the rooms and have ordered new curtains to be installed in the ladies bathroom. I have also spoken to the concerning person who was on the shift and have cautioned him for the attitude he has shown with you.. I apologise for this from the management side. We are looking forward for your stay with us again and you would find the improvements Management

Worst place i ever been, strongly do not recomend to anyone. Saw mouse in room, dirty showers, one toilet for 15 rooms

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

You get what you pay for. The rooms are tiny, just big enough to fit the beds, trash bin, your suitcase and yourself. But the sheets were clean, kitchen had the basic equipment you'd need to make yourself a meal, i never once had to take shower in cold water and even though you might want to take flip-flops with you, it's really not that bad. And the staff was super nice and always willing to help with anything. It is a little far from central london but the DLR and buses run well and often.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

My friend and I couldn't even stay there. We felt unsafe and it wasn't clean or livable. Further, we checked out and stayed somewhere else and when asked if we could get out money back for the two other days that we didn't even stay and we never got a response back.

• 1st Jul 2015

It is cheap but please, you should not go, if you love yourselve, please dont go!

Disgusting facilities, in a really unsafe location and without any conditions, no lockers, no internet in the rooms and an the worst environment I ever experienced. Frightening, I paid but left in the same day without sleeping there, rather sleep in the airport.

They need to clean the bedrooms, mine wasn't cleaned any day of my stay. The breakfast was the cheapest bread-cereal-milk-butter you could find and nothing more. Everything is dirty, they don't want to accept credit cards. If you are visiting London just for tourism, this hostel is quite far from the center

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Absolutely filthy dirty hostel. There was so much damp and dirt in the male showers that they were unusable. I had to use the female shower that were dirty but at least didn't wreak of damp and urine. There was a layer of dust throughout the hostel and bed sheets had been used by a previous occupant.

Bed night and breakfast for £6 code to Woolwich Arsenal DLR friendly staff Lot of decorating been done to improve hostel

By allowing venues to post their own photos & descriptions without verification (per a previous contact), we were duped in to staying in this hostel which is below human habitation levels. London locals advised us that "this hostel was borderline dangerous, delapidated & filled with temporary workers & addicts." This was true. The same were prone to late-night loud, fights in the halls. Add rampant mould & untrained staff we walked out on our last two nights after being sternly told no refunds

this hostel, schould be open for forin workers and not for turists..because i saw more than half of workers, so they live ther all the time...

• 7th May 2015
  • Slovenia

A good hostel with friendly staff and great security. When I asked for a locker after arriving, they were all taken up and I realised half of them were broken! Also, I used a bathroom straight after one person used the shower in there and it was really disgusting, the floor was dirty and the toilet and sink were in bad condition. Overall, an average stay.

• 23rd Apr 2015

The hostel was disgusting. The toilet was clogged and had a broken Crack pipe floating in it. The sink did not work at all. I ended up changing hostels. They would not give me a refund, and when I asked to talk to the manager, they lied and said he was busy until 11:00. I waited until then. They then said he couldn't be reached, and they "didn't know" what I wanted. It was a horrible experience, and I would never go back.

Dirty everywhere (surprisingly not that much at the bathrooms). Although reserved in cca 3 months advance our room occupied when we arrived. Just one male and one female bathroom for the whole floor - male one always busy. For female one you need to go for a key to the reception one floor below.

Just read the reviews and decide by yourself.