Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

Enjoyed my stay

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Kenya

Worst hostel I have ever been in, disgusting place i would not reccommend it to anyone and don't be fooled by low price - the service is even lower

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Internet is very bad, disconnection/distruption is very common throughout the day. Need to improve on cleaning in the kitchen especially all counters. Hostel Ordnance is sitting above the bar/pub and next to the cheap supermarket called Iceland. Hostel is far from Jubilee Line Metro, maybe 80 minutes walk BUT hostel is very close to DLR Station. I usually avoid DLR station due to budget. Staff is awesome and helpful

Good helpful & friendly staff.

• 10th Sep 2014

I was very disappointed with this place. When my husband and I arrived we felt a awful smell. We booked a private room. The recepcionist showed us the room and it was completely DIRTY !!!!! It was impossible to stay in that mess. We tried to find another place to change, it was impossible, though. We had to buy bed sheet and organise the room and try to sleep at night. This was the worst experience EVER in my life. I'll never come back to a hostel llike this again ! Stay away from this place.

The staff are really helpful and the amenities are good

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

I think I've come to expect a different level of hostel over the years, but this served my purpose for the 5 days I was there - I wanted a cheap bed at a commutable distance to the Excel centre. I think without a lot of effort the hostel could be made a lot nicer - it's an old building with a lot of potential, but sadly it's in a state of disrepair.

this hostel looked better on hostelword than in real life. wauw,i've been traveling a lot and i have slept in crapy places but this was not only dirty but the place is a mess. The walls are not finished as the rest of the whole place. i thought that they were working in the hostel or something... the people who work there,wauw again. they were or a sleep at the desk or they had no idea what they were doing. Never again am i going back to that place.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I have arived at 9.00pm. I was told ther was no room for me, for witch I paid. It suppose to be a Standard Twin Private Shared Bathroom. Instade I was put in 6 bed share room. Staff was not helpfull and refused to take resposibilities for the situation. I was refused to get a name of suppervisor or menager in charge for this place. I needed to book hotel somewhere else for much higher price for next two nights. I am 61 years old woman and It was not a pleasent experience for me.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Woolwich Arsenal (the community it is in) is extremely run down. We went in and managed to follow through dirty stairways and ripped paper signs to a small, smelly room where the man without any professional cloths on casually says hi and makes us feel like we are inconveniencing him to show us the place (which he forgets to show all of). We go through narrow corridors past sketchy looking guests to use the bathroom that didn't lock. No lockers or bins - we felt so unsafe we left directly left.

• 1st Aug 2014

Value for money

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

This hostel is conveniently located next to a subway station and minimart, but it's extremely far from the city center. The amount of money spent on daily transportation would make choosing a more centralized hostel worth the price. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was absolutely filthy and in our four nights, not one single person came to clean it. We never saw other sheets being changed (ours probably didn't get changed either, gross). The staff wasn't helpful.

Great service, met my expectations, not much to say. No complaints.

• 30th Jun 2014

My stay at hostel Ordnance was very homely and relaxing. I was very impressed with the environment and the location was great and close to all amenities. Keep it up.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

It has never came to my mind that I would ever see a place like Hostel Ordinance. Its XXI century and this "hostel",honestly, doesen't meet any criteria. I didn't expect luxury but Quoting a classic " Lawless, disgusting, it makes me feel sick. I will examplify you what I noticed and I think was extraordinary. Courtain instead of glass, staff look homeless, cracked man pissing and poohing in the room, are you kidding me? Reservation also went wrong. Get rid of it. Bath looked filthy and crampy.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Poland

After visiting hostels all over Europe, this hostel was the worst one I've ever stayed in. First there had been a mistake with a booking so instead of being placed in a twin private room, we were placed in a dorm room. The hostel staff accused us of making a mistake with a booking or it was the fault of Hostelworld. We didn't have a key to the room until the second day and there were no locked internal doors. The bathroom was something which wouldn't be out of place in a 3rd world country.

Very bad experience staying at this hostel.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a memorable stay...Thank You

• 1st Jun 2014
  • India

Would you like a visit to the set of horror flick 'Hostel'? If so this is the place for you. Great facilities such as, no locks on doors, no sense of security, clean sheets only upon your request and definite sense that you won't make it out alive. Has this description put you on edge? Well after a 9 hour drive from Manchester this certainly was not I was expecting to be met with. My friend and I left there after demanded our money back, I really wish I was exaggerating but I am not. Horrible.

• 31st May 2014

This was an awful stay. The place was filthy, the showers had a two-finger thick layer of grime on the floor. We were moved to another room because of the appearance of a mouse...only to have one more show up in the new room, as well. The staff was unhelpful and uncaring of our complaints. We didn't get our money back, but we left the next day. I'm never staying there again, and I suggest everyone else does the same.

• 28th May 2014