Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

Value for money

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

Great service, met my expectations, not much to say. No complaints.

• 30th Jun 2014

My stay at hostel Ordnance was very homely and relaxing. I was very impressed with the environment and the location was great and close to all amenities. Keep it up.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

It has never came to my mind that I would ever see a place like Hostel Ordinance. Its XXI century and this "hostel",honestly, doesen't meet any criteria. I didn't expect luxury but Quoting a classic " Lawless, disgusting, it makes me feel sick. I will examplify you what I noticed and I think was extraordinary. Courtain instead of glass, staff look homeless, cracked man pissing and poohing in the room, are you kidding me? Reservation also went wrong. Get rid of it. Bath looked filthy and crampy.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Poland

After visiting hostels all over Europe, this hostel was the worst one I've ever stayed in. First there had been a mistake with a booking so instead of being placed in a twin private room, we were placed in a dorm room. The hostel staff accused us of making a mistake with a booking or it was the fault of Hostelworld. We didn't have a key to the room until the second day and there were no locked internal doors. The bathroom was something which wouldn't be out of place in a 3rd world country.

Very bad experience staying at this hostel.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a memorable stay...Thank You

• 1st Jun 2014
  • India

Would you like a visit to the set of horror flick 'Hostel'? If so this is the place for you. Great facilities such as, no locks on doors, no sense of security, clean sheets only upon your request and definite sense that you won't make it out alive. Has this description put you on edge? Well after a 9 hour drive from Manchester this certainly was not I was expecting to be met with. My friend and I left there after demanded our money back, I really wish I was exaggerating but I am not. Horrible.

• 31st May 2014

This was an awful stay. The place was filthy, the showers had a two-finger thick layer of grime on the floor. We were moved to another room because of the appearance of a mouse...only to have one more show up in the new room, as well. The staff was unhelpful and uncaring of our complaints. We didn't get our money back, but we left the next day. I'm never staying there again, and I suggest everyone else does the same.

• 28th May 2014

Hostel is mad dirty. Booked for 3nights but could not even stay for the first. But because our flight landed at 8pm this was the only place we planned to go. The facilities was a joke! Showers were clogged and water was about 4inches high. No toilet paper in the bathrooms. Free breakfast?! umm just no. The kitchen looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. Gunks of dried pieces in microwave and kitchen sink, and stove. I could keep going. the only pro is that there is a 24hr Tesco nearby.

They doubled booked and cancelled my booking. Only e-mailing me while I was travelling at very short notice. Very poor. After travelling for 14+ hours I had then had to find alternative accommodation. Very difficult and expensive on a bank holiday weekend.

Ugly, dirty smelly place. Security?? I didn't need a key to my room, becouse there was no lock. No lockers in the rooms. Staff?? Unhelpfull, even they smoke cigarettes in the toilets. No atmosphere!!! 90% of people who are living there, they are homeless people and people who are working in London temporary (construction workers, waiters etc). No respect for each other, mess and dirty clothes (dirty underwear, smelly cheep shoes) everywhere. They have one answer, it's a hostel. MOUSES EVERYWHERE

Excellent hostel

i checked out after 1 night!!! don'y go back! want my money back . this place suckt , really i was bad!!!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

The staff were nice but the hostel itself wasn't in great condition and it's not in the best neighborhood.

The hostel is very far from the centre you'll pay a lot in transportation. The staff was rude and will give you a lot of trouble if you try to change your reservation. The hostel was in terrible condition, floor planks were missing and carpet was pulled out. Not enough bathrooms. Most guest there live there for months at the time. Most of them are young to middle age men and a few were quite rude to the other guest who stayed for shorter periods. The kitchen hadn't been cleaned in weeks.

• 29th Mar 2014

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Don't be persuaded with the cheap prices, it's a trap. It's absolutely filthy, there are rodents, the bedding hasn't been washed in I don't want to know how long. So many safety hazards as they're "renovating", which means you're living in a construction zone. I vote they knock the building down. So far out of town. Sketchy neighbourhood. Please don't stay here.

Very shady hostel. The only security was a sign on the door that said guests and staff only. The doors were very thin, like they were made of plywood, and the bathrooms were nasty. It is very cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I visited the 02 and it is just a walking distance. Very friendly staff and good location.

• 14th Mar 2014

I had a great time in this place, been travelling to London very often and looking for a nice, little cozy place like this for a long time.n Staff members are very helpful and supportive, people in here are all nice. I fully recomend it.

• 14th Mar 2014