Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

The hostel was disgusting. The toilet was clogged and had a broken Crack pipe floating in it. The sink did not work at all. I ended up changing hostels. They would not give me a refund, and when I asked to talk to the manager, they lied and said he was busy until 11:00. I waited until then. They then said he couldn't be reached, and they "didn't know" what I wanted. It was a horrible experience, and I would never go back.

Dirty everywhere (surprisingly not that much at the bathrooms). Although reserved in cca 3 months advance our room occupied when we arrived. Just one male and one female bathroom for the whole floor - male one always busy. For female one you need to go for a key to the reception one floor below.

Just read the reviews and decide by yourself.

There were not breakfast, the atmosphere is not cool!

I was impressed thank you ! The hospitality was good only that you should improve on the general cleanliness of the facility, avoiding the fun smell that welcomes you right from the door! People also should not smoke and buzz in the facility since some customers are allergic to such cases. Other wise thanks for hosting me that was lovely!

• 21st Feb 2015

Brilliant staff with lovely people from all walks of the globe. Makes staying at a hostel more enjoyable!!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Fiji

A great hostel in a great location - enjoyed my stay. Clean sheets, nice people.

• 13th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay - the hostel was near the station, very clean and had great atmosphere.

• 12th Feb 2015

not a bad area, near to DLR station, )

• 11th Feb 2015

The place was execellent and more varieties of breakfast would be appreciated. Value for money

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

The location is excellent and the staff are friendly. Value for money

• 9th Feb 2015

The place was very dirty and stank. There was no locker or any other thing to to put my stuffs. The Staff didn't gave us any kind of map or information about the city. The hostel is really far from the city center and they didn't gave a precise location of the hostel. The breakfast is very simple, all the dishes were dirty and there was almost no plates, spoons and knifes for everyone. The place is cheap but i didn't recomend it. They need to improve a lot.

Abit shocked at first, some derelict building

• 14th Jan 2015
  • United Arab Emirates

Good health and safety

• 13th Jan 2015

i loved the stay at hostel, the staff and management are so friendly. they made mi feel at home.. treated me with respect. i can honestly say i enjoyed my stay at the hostel .,and i would definately come back again with my friends next weekend

• 8th Jan 2015

Nice, very Cheap, in adjacent to train, nice staff, neat rooms,free wifi and breakfast. Would still come back.

• 8th Jan 2015

The worst hostel ever. Hostelworld should revoke their ties with them since its not up to the par of a property in London, a metropolitan city with all its hype. This hostel was appalling in every aspect, you couldnt describe with words, please avoid this at all cost. Far from the centre, horrendous atmosphere.

When we arrived at the hostel our (2 bed) room was given away to other people. The man that was in charge that night assured us that we would get the room the next day and offered us a room with 4 other people. When we came back from the fireworks show the next day our room was overbooked again! We had to stay in the room with the 4 other people and didn't get much sleep because one of the guests was a heavy snorer. The lack of sleep had an impact on our vacation experience. Horrible administrat

• 30th Dec 2014

THIS PLACE IS NOT A HOSTEL.. IT IS A HALFWAY HOUSE YOU GO TO AFTER PRISON. NEEDS TO BE TAKIN OFF THIS WEBSITE.

• 29th Dec 2014

This place is a pit not fit for pigs..after travelling and working in many developing countries this place is by far the worst place have ever stayed.The owner,manager is a crook.Hostelworld should be held accountable for advertising this shambolic illegally operated place.During my 2day stay the property owner arrived to evict the owner due to 60,000 pounds plus of unpaid debt..Do NOT book this hostel..

• 18th Dec 2014