Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

Abit shocked at first, some derelict building

• 14th Jan 2015
  • United Arab Emirates

Good health and safety

• 13th Jan 2015

i loved the stay at hostel, the staff and management are so friendly. they made mi feel at home.. treated me with respect. i can honestly say i enjoyed my stay at the hostel .,and i would definately come back again with my friends next weekend

• 8th Jan 2015

Nice, very Cheap, in adjacent to train, nice staff, neat rooms,free wifi and breakfast. Would still come back.

• 8th Jan 2015

When we arrived at the hostel our (2 bed) room was given away to other people. The man that was in charge that night assured us that we would get the room the next day and offered us a room with 4 other people. When we came back from the fireworks show the next day our room was overbooked again! We had to stay in the room with the 4 other people and didn't get much sleep because one of the guests was a heavy snorer. The lack of sleep had an impact on our vacation experience. Horrible administrat

• 30th Dec 2014

THIS PLACE IS NOT A HOSTEL.. IT IS A HALFWAY HOUSE YOU GO TO AFTER PRISON. NEEDS TO BE TAKIN OFF THIS WEBSITE.

• 29th Dec 2014

This place is a pit not fit for pigs..after travelling and working in many developing countries this place is by far the worst place have ever stayed.The owner,manager is a crook.Hostelworld should be held accountable for advertising this shambolic illegally operated place.During my 2day stay the property owner arrived to evict the owner due to 60,000 pounds plus of unpaid debt..Do NOT book this hostel..

• 18th Dec 2014

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

• 6th Dec 2014

The wost hostel where I have been and there is a very rude black man, who is the boss I think.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Spain

this is a very dangerous place inhabited by thoroughly undesirable clientele, i would not recomend this place to any one as it is very unsavoury and well known to local police, please do not advertise this hostel as it is a bad place where theft and violence are common place and practice

• 25th Oct 2014

Absolutely terrible service, if you want to be screamed at by employees this is the place to go! There was urine everywhere in the toilet facilities, which made the place stink of urine throughout the hostel. I took one look at the place and refused to stay, this is no place to go even if you're on a budget! They mess up your booking and then blame you for their incompetence. Extremely unhygienic and hostile employees.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Wales

The staff I found to be excellent but the place is overrun with drunks and people who seemingly lived there.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Enjoyed my stay

Worst hostel I have ever been in, disgusting place i would not reccommend it to anyone and don't be fooled by low price - the service is even lower

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Internet is very bad, disconnection/distruption is very common throughout the day. Need to improve on cleaning in the kitchen especially all counters. Hostel Ordnance is sitting above the bar/pub and next to the cheap supermarket called Iceland. Hostel is far from Jubilee Line Metro, maybe 80 minutes walk BUT hostel is very close to DLR Station. I usually avoid DLR station due to budget. Staff is awesome and helpful

Good helpful & friendly staff.

I was very disappointed with this place. When my husband and I arrived we felt a awful smell. We booked a private room. The recepcionist showed us the room and it was completely DIRTY !!!!! It was impossible to stay in that mess. We tried to find another place to change, it was impossible, though. We had to buy bed sheet and organise the room and try to sleep at night. This was the worst experience EVER in my life. I'll never come back to a hostel llike this again ! Stay away from this place.

The staff are really helpful and the amenities are good

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

I think I've come to expect a different level of hostel over the years, but this served my purpose for the 5 days I was there - I wanted a cheap bed at a commutable distance to the Excel centre. I think without a lot of effort the hostel could be made a lot nicer - it's an old building with a lot of potential, but sadly it's in a state of disrepair.

this hostel looked better on hostelword than in real life. wauw,i've been traveling a lot and i have slept in crapy places but this was not only dirty but the place is a mess. The walls are not finished as the rest of the whole place. i thought that they were working in the hostel or something... the people who work there,wauw again. they were or a sleep at the desk or they had no idea what they were doing. Never again am i going back to that place.

• 6th Aug 2014