Hostel Ordnance Reviews

18 Beresford Square, Woolwich, London, England

this hostel looked better on hostelword than in real life. wauw,i've been traveling a lot and i have slept in crapy places but this was not only dirty but the place is a mess. The walls are not finished as the rest of the whole place. i thought that they were working in the hostel or something... the people who work there,wauw again. they were or a sleep at the desk or they had no idea what they were doing. Never again am i going back to that place.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I have arived at 9.00pm. I was told ther was no room for me, for witch I paid. It suppose to be a Standard Twin Private Shared Bathroom. Instade I was put in 6 bed share room. Staff was not helpfull and refused to take resposibilities for the situation. I was refused to get a name of suppervisor or menager in charge for this place. I needed to book hotel somewhere else for much higher price for next two nights. I am 61 years old woman and It was not a pleasent experience for me.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Woolwich Arsenal (the community it is in) is extremely run down. We went in and managed to follow through dirty stairways and ripped paper signs to a small, smelly room where the man without any professional cloths on casually says hi and makes us feel like we are inconveniencing him to show us the place (which he forgets to show all of). We go through narrow corridors past sketchy looking guests to use the bathroom that didn't lock. No lockers or bins - we felt so unsafe we left directly left.

• 1st Aug 2014

Value for money

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

This hostel is conveniently located next to a subway station and minimart, but it's extremely far from the city center. The amount of money spent on daily transportation would make choosing a more centralized hostel worth the price. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was absolutely filthy and in our four nights, not one single person came to clean it. We never saw other sheets being changed (ours probably didn't get changed either, gross). The staff wasn't helpful.

Great service, met my expectations, not much to say. No complaints.

• 30th Jun 2014

My stay at hostel Ordnance was very homely and relaxing. I was very impressed with the environment and the location was great and close to all amenities. Keep it up.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

It has never came to my mind that I would ever see a place like Hostel Ordinance. Its XXI century and this "hostel",honestly, doesen't meet any criteria. I didn't expect luxury but Quoting a classic " Lawless, disgusting, it makes me feel sick. I will examplify you what I noticed and I think was extraordinary. Courtain instead of glass, staff look homeless, cracked man pissing and poohing in the room, are you kidding me? Reservation also went wrong. Get rid of it. Bath looked filthy and crampy.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Poland

After visiting hostels all over Europe, this hostel was the worst one I've ever stayed in. First there had been a mistake with a booking so instead of being placed in a twin private room, we were placed in a dorm room. The hostel staff accused us of making a mistake with a booking or it was the fault of Hostelworld. We didn't have a key to the room until the second day and there were no locked internal doors. The bathroom was something which wouldn't be out of place in a 3rd world country.

Very bad experience staying at this hostel.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a memorable stay...Thank You

• 1st Jun 2014
  • India

Would you like a visit to the set of horror flick 'Hostel'? If so this is the place for you. Great facilities such as, no locks on doors, no sense of security, clean sheets only upon your request and definite sense that you won't make it out alive. Has this description put you on edge? Well after a 9 hour drive from Manchester this certainly was not I was expecting to be met with. My friend and I left there after demanded our money back, I really wish I was exaggerating but I am not. Horrible.

• 31st May 2014

This was an awful stay. The place was filthy, the showers had a two-finger thick layer of grime on the floor. We were moved to another room because of the appearance of a mouse...only to have one more show up in the new room, as well. The staff was unhelpful and uncaring of our complaints. We didn't get our money back, but we left the next day. I'm never staying there again, and I suggest everyone else does the same.

• 28th May 2014

Hostel is mad dirty. Booked for 3nights but could not even stay for the first. But because our flight landed at 8pm this was the only place we planned to go. The facilities was a joke! Showers were clogged and water was about 4inches high. No toilet paper in the bathrooms. Free breakfast?! umm just no. The kitchen looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. Gunks of dried pieces in microwave and kitchen sink, and stove. I could keep going. the only pro is that there is a 24hr Tesco nearby.

They doubled booked and cancelled my booking. Only e-mailing me while I was travelling at very short notice. Very poor. After travelling for 14+ hours I had then had to find alternative accommodation. Very difficult and expensive on a bank holiday weekend.

Ugly, dirty smelly place. Security?? I didn't need a key to my room, becouse there was no lock. No lockers in the rooms. Staff?? Unhelpfull, even they smoke cigarettes in the toilets. No atmosphere!!! 90% of people who are living there, they are homeless people and people who are working in London temporary (construction workers, waiters etc). No respect for each other, mess and dirty clothes (dirty underwear, smelly cheep shoes) everywhere. They have one answer, it's a hostel. MOUSES EVERYWHERE

Excellent hostel

i checked out after 1 night!!! don'y go back! want my money back . this place suckt , really i was bad!!!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

The staff were nice but the hostel itself wasn't in great condition and it's not in the best neighborhood.

The hostel is very far from the centre you'll pay a lot in transportation. The staff was rude and will give you a lot of trouble if you try to change your reservation. The hostel was in terrible condition, floor planks were missing and carpet was pulled out. Not enough bathrooms. Most guest there live there for months at the time. Most of them are young to middle age men and a few were quite rude to the other guest who stayed for shorter periods. The kitchen hadn't been cleaned in weeks.

• 29th Mar 2014