Hostel Orquideas Reviews

Calle Orquideas 25, Cancun, Mexico

I thought the hostel was very good - and I loved that the meals helped create more of a community. I just think that three bathrooms is insufficient for the size of the hostel.

Great value for money and that was before we found out that we had breakfast and dinner included. Staff were great and will take you out to the beaches and nightclubs.

• 13th Apr 2015

Lovely people and very helpful! A very short walk to a nice Cancun park and the ADO bus station. We would stay here again if we visit Mexico again.

• 4th Apr 2015

Awesome staff and cool vibe. I would definitely recommend this place.

Friendly staff, great food, wish I could have stayed longer...

Great place!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff are very hospitable and with the free meals it's excellent value. Close to the buses (to hotel zone for $10.50 pesos) and collectivos. Security at first seems different/inadequate because the doors and front gate aren't locked but staff are always present and it felt very safe. A great place!

If you are looking for a cozy quiet hostel, this is the wrong place. When I was there, people were partying and it was hard to sleep. The common areas are not very cozy and there are only three bathrooms for ca. 30 people, so even at 3:30 am I had to wait to get a free bathroom. The free dinner and the staff are nice though.

We were staying in a private room with a shower and it didn't work properly. It was far from the beach and need to take a bus for an hour or so to get there. Overall, it was a good experience however.

The most friendly welcome to a hostel ever. Asked me if I was hungry and wanted food before even asking for money etc to check in. AC very welcome in the room. Good amount of space and lockers. All very clean and good brekkie and drinks. Yes, plastic covers on mattress but keeps it clean. Definitely recommend.

I RECOMEND YOU TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE LIGHT BULB WITH ENOUGH BRIGHT SO THAT BE POSIBLE TO READ AT NIGHT. I ENJOYED MY STAY THERE. THANK YOU! SEE YOU SOON! IGOR

Nice place, simple and...loud. Good for party I guess. Probably less to sleep. There was over booking the night we were supposed to stay in the hostel so we couldn't get he rom we paid for. The staff was very helpful and invited us to spend the night in a true hotel instead. No charges extra.

I understand that is necessary to have Air conditioner because of the hot weather, but for people in front is really easy to get a cold during the night, I got sick and I had to sleep one night on hammock. They need more toilets, and bigger lockers.

Hola, gracias para tu comentario todo es necesario para mejorar. Recuerdo bien tu persona, llegaste ya enfermo, te pregunté si necesitaba de una manta, y tu me contestaste que no. Recuerda que estaba compartiendo un dormitorio con otra gente, puede eser mejor cuando una persona está enferma reservar un privado, así que puede manejar solo el aire y no enfermar otras gente.

Nice hostel, we really enjoyed their free dinners!!!

The staff is amazing and the food so yummy! It's cheap and the value for money is great. It is a bit hard to find though and the rooms are quite small and stuffy.

Hostel was okay, there was no hot water but to be honest in the heat that was a blessing. They are very friendly and always willing to help! Felt safe there, lockers were secure and they provide breakfast AND dinner which was awesome. Would recommend for a stop over in cancun town, wouldn't say it's homely enough to stay long term.

Hola, gracias para el comentario, pero el agua caliente está, solo se necesita mover el botón, si lo pusieron en frío para la regadera eléctrica, o esperar 2 minutos que sale caliente en la con calentador.

From what we heard and saw this is by far the best hostel for atmosphere, value for money and just generally in the downtown Cancun area. Really clean, staff are great. Free breakfast AND dinner. Heaps of hangout space and always something going on. Only suggestions guys is you need more bathrooms. Other than that def stay here...

This hostel is truly a wonderful place. Everything is done by the staff to create a warm ambiance and to bring people together. We loved it!

• 6th Mar 2015

Thank you so much!

The people that Run this hostel are very nice. But the place have nô soul, its a run down concrete building, whit tastless deco, dirty toilet and shower. For a cheap laiover, why not !

a very modern hostel on backstreet away from the madness of the hotel district, this place has it all. very communal feel. breakfast is awesome, we had pancakes and then eggs and toast on the 2nd day and more often than not, the owner is generous enough to cook you dinner as well. only two problems with this place, there aren't enough bathrooms for the number of guests and we weren't able to stay longer because we really wanted to :) thank you orquedias!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4