Hostel Orquideas Reviews

Calle Orquideas 25, Cancun, Mexico

Stayed here once before--great experience, secure lockers and friendly staff--main problem is that the AC in the yellow room went out once, and the next time I stayed was not very effective. Could use a new one. They also mixed up my reservation and gave my bed to someone else, but cleared it up without too much problem. The hostel overall has a good vibe and attitude, especially with free homemade dinner, just MAKE SURE TO BRING BUG SPRAY as you sleep--but that's true of any hostel in the area.

very familiar hostel with owners who really care about their guests. every morning and evening they cook a small but fresh made meal for everybody. also the rooms are ok and clean. would go there again

My only suggestions are that you add some hooks or rods in the bathrooms to place clothing and towels on. When I showered I had to put my clothes and toiletries on the toilet seat, wet sink or on the ground. Also to add a fan to the downstairs dorm area for day time use. Otherwise a lovely facility!

All the staff were amazing. So so helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Great atmosphere, nice free breakfasts and the free evening meal made it all feel like a big happy family. I will be definitely be back anytime I'm in Cancun.

I loved this hostel! One of the best I've been so far. Confortable, cheap, good location, lovely staff, good breakfast, delicious dinner. I recomend!

A great hostel where spending your time in Cancun!

Way better than other hostels in the area--clean beds, friendly staff, no mold. Be ready for mosquitos and apply the deet since doors are open to the outside. This makes it feel like camping but for $13usd/night it's worth it. This hostel serves home cooked breakfast AND dinner-- something simple but delicious, and a lot of people join. It's a nice communal time to chat. It's social if you want it to be. Only challenging if the AC unit goes out :/

We didn't end up staying here. The 8 bed dorm was so small there wasn't enough room for our bags. The bathroom was dirty. Pillows looked like tissues. Common space was dirty as well. it didn't even have a locked gate or locks on the rooms. It's cheap but I really didn't like the look of it. We paid for two nights but ended up going roundthe corner to hotel Moloch which has very nice rooms for around 500 pesos.

Bunk beds: had worst matresses ever. Springs in our backs. And we've slept in some losy places before. Shocked when tried to reattach shower head hose repeatedly. Unclean bathrooms. Broken glass side door in bunkroom compromised security. Very hard to find and locals, including police did not know its street. Bad location. Decent breakfast of fruit, coffee, eggs, and coffee cake.

• 1st Jul 2014

We booked one night and didn't want to leave. Booked a further 5 nights. Its easyto find, just round the corner fromthe bus station. Easy and cheap to get to beach and clubs too. Owners are absolutely lovely and so helpful. Staff go out of there way to help and make sure you get the best out of Mexico. Food was always delicious and the atmosphere is always brilliant around the table. It's incredibly hygienic and we will definitely be returning if we ever return to the area.

Great place, free dinner included, and staff were very help me to change my room as needed.

Pros: ・lockers - $4 refundable deposit to borrow a padlock ・air conditioning -can turn on the AC from 9pm to 9am ・location - ADO bus from /to the airport. supermarket (8 min walk), market/park (3 min walk), good restaurants on Av Yaxchilan and Tulipanes, take R1, R2 to go to the beach ・food -breakfast and dinner provided Cons: ・bathroom -recommend the bathroom by the front desk, the cleanest and the biggest ・refrigerator -my food got stolen, LABEL YOURS ・internet- slow & disconnects

Beautiful people with an awesome atmosphere. Thanks so much for a great stay. Breakfast and dinner were greatly appreciated

• 26th Jun 2014

There were little lockers for your valuables, but no locks on doors and front door open. Had free computer to use. Good location by a square, near bus station, and big supermarket. Atmosphere okay, hammocks in the shade. Even though away from the nightlife, people still came back drunk and woke other guests up. Breakfast was good and seemed to change each day. Evening meal also varied, but not really a lot of food and so I am not sure of value for money there. Nice place to crash before leaving

Gracias por el comentario. Lo siento si no le gustó la cena, pero es un extra que ponemos, si tu mira en internet no está incluida, y cualquier otro hostel con esto precio no la pone.

Very friendly and very helpful two owners Maurizio and Antonella. Near the bus station which is good. Short bus ride away from the beaches and sights.

The place was slightly tricky to find, but it's right next to Las Palapas public square which is super nice, close to lots of very affordable restaurants and 5 minutes from a Cherdraui supermarket. The staff was what really made the place amazing! The owners are suuuuuuper friendly and helpful! Plus you get a really good breakfast AND dinner included!

Was a very nice hostel, staff were really friendly. However, it was quite quiet at night and there was no bar or any activities on at the hostel. It was a very relaxing place though and would definitely recommend it as a place to stay before/after heading off to other more lovely places in Mexico such as playa del Carmen.

Super helpful and friendly hostel, the people who work there were great! Joel made us welcome and even handed us some freshly squeezed mango juice when he saw us having our lunch, didn't have to but did! The tour with Oscar was great, he is really passionate and cool! Thanks Hostel Orquideas.

Perfect hostel for what we needed! Nice and clean with comfy beds and a good shower. The small meal in the evening was really tasty and staff were really helpful.

Absolutely wonderful! The owners are the most beautiful people that go well above and beyond to look after their guests. Breakfast AND dinner everyday at the communal table which is excellent for meeting other travellers. Free wifi and internet laptop available, hammocks, kitchen, etc. And it's right in the heart of 'real' Cancun not the Americanised Hotel Zone. I would highly recommend Hostel Orquideas and hope to return in the future. Thanks again guys!

« first « Prev 1 2 3