Hostel Orquideas Reviews

Calle Orquideas 25, Cancun, Mexico

Lovely hostel with an amazing vibe. Loved the staff and the free dinner every night was great!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The best hostel I've ever been, the owners Mauricio and Antonella are really nice and flexible. Hermes is super cool and always have plans for night clubs or just hanging around cancun.

Everythin is clean, staff is so friendly and you must have a really good time there. Try it, you will love it. Cheers

• 27th Sep 2014

This hostel was amazing with it's family style dinners (included!) and breakfasts. I was super happy here. The staff (esp. Rebecca) were incredibly friendly and helpful with our questions. Thank you!! :)

• 10th Sep 2014

We had a fantastic experience at Orquideas! I would highly recommend this hostel. Very friendly, fun and helpful staff with a great chilled out vibe. The hostel is a 5 minute walk from a supermarket, ATM, most public bus routes and the ADO bus station. So convenient!

• 6th Sep 2014

breakfast and dinner was an awesome inclusion and there's a kitchen there if you prefer to cook. AC in the dorms was very much appreciated. friendly hosts with heaps of advice to offer on future travels. its within walking distance to the bus station too which is also good for the budget.

Great atmosphere free dinner every night is great to meet new people a bit far from the beach 20 mins on the bus but staff are great

I liked Hostel Orquideas when I visited. The day I went to check in was a different story. As it turned out, I did not want to stay in a mixed dorm. Female dorms frankly smell fresher.I did look at the dorm I was to occupy. The dirty sock smell was a real turn off. No fault of the owner. I think when people are sharing a small space, dirty clothes should be washed before moving in. I never checked in. I went back to the Kin Mayab Hotel which was in the area, same price as private room @ hostel.

I want to start off by saying that I have never written a review for any online product, service, or hostel. However, having experienced how genuine the owners and staff at Hostel Orquideas are, I decided I write my first review. If you enjoy traveling in hostels and meeting other travelers, book here. If you want free purified water, free breakfast, and free dinner, book here. The character limit of this post is keeping me from talking about all of the great things, but I truly loved my 5 days.

• 9th Aug 2014

Really nice people there, every evening dinner all together, nice rooms, all was very clean, the main busstation is very closed. It´s definitely a good idea to stay there.

Nice and clean hostel. Only spent one night, but still got to know many people. Liked the idea of having dinner with everyone.

The staff were so friendly and were always around to help. They also provided a fantastic breakfast and dinner!! I was only there one night but found it easy to get to the ado terminal and to get buses to the hotel zone. Pretty warm in the rooms but they do put on the airconditioning at night which helps

My first night of my trip was at this hostel and it became a great start. Everyone is really nice and I loved all the hammocks.

It included of breakfast and dinner. Owner cooked our dinner everyday. It's delicious Italian!!!!

Very nice environment!! The hostel's owners, the Italian couple Antonella and Mauricio, are very kind and attentive. And I loved the dinner time, because they cook for us and all the people get together around the table!! You can have a nice meal and meet nice people. The staff also is very kind and help you whenever you need. The hostel is also very clean and well located at Centro, near the Bus Terminal! I highly recommend it! It was a wonderful time my stay there!!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Friendly, helpful, welcoming staff, even when I arrived well after midnight.

Stayed here once before--great experience, secure lockers and friendly staff--main problem is that the AC in the yellow room went out once, and the next time I stayed was not very effective. Could use a new one. They also mixed up my reservation and gave my bed to someone else, but cleared it up without too much problem. The hostel overall has a good vibe and attitude, especially with free homemade dinner, just MAKE SURE TO BRING BUG SPRAY as you sleep--but that's true of any hostel in the area.

very familiar hostel with owners who really care about their guests. every morning and evening they cook a small but fresh made meal for everybody. also the rooms are ok and clean. would go there again

The hostel was a bit difficult to find, but in a safe neighborhood near a plaza. It was filled with young travelers & had outdoor space w/some hammocks. The owners were very nice & made nachos for dinner. The dorms were clean, but the AC did not work and it was extremely hot and humid in the rooms. The doors didn't really shut to the rooms and they definitely didn't lock. There were some lockers inside the lobby. A little too much of a party feel for me. Breakfast was good.

Best hostel I stayed in on my trip - very friendly atmosphere, dinner is served in the evenings which is great for the price but also to meet other people staying in the hostel. Really clean, good downtown location and close to buses to go the beach.

« first « Prev 1 2 3