Hostel Orquideas Reviews

Calle Orquideas 25, Cancun, Mexico

Thanks 4 everthing!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

My group and I enjoyed the hostel very much! If we had questions or wanted recommendations, they were very happy to help. The continental breakfast and dinner was a plus! It was very delicious and gave everyone a chance to sit and chat with people staying at the hostel. Also the hammocks were a plus and convinced me to get one while I was out there!

Awesome hostel in a great location. Close to all your transport needs in Cancun. The owners and staff are super friendly and nice, they take care of all your needs and have great suggestions of place around cancun to visit. The family dinners are awesome and a great social aspect. Great place to meet fellow travellers. We just had to return

The staff is amazing and they have breakfast and dinner.

The stuff is very kind, we felt like in a big family eat and trink that excellent food they cooked together (breakfast and italian dinner). Thank a lot for staying at yours! 2 German Girls on her trip through mexico ;-)

Lovely hostel with an amazing vibe. Loved the staff and the free dinner every night was great!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The best hostel I've ever been, the owners Mauricio and Antonella are really nice and flexible. Hermes is super cool and always have plans for night clubs or just hanging around cancun.

Everythin is clean, staff is so friendly and you must have a really good time there. Try it, you will love it. Cheers

• 27th Sep 2014

This hostel was amazing with it's family style dinners (included!) and breakfasts. I was super happy here. The staff (esp. Rebecca) were incredibly friendly and helpful with our questions. Thank you!! :)

• 10th Sep 2014

We had a fantastic experience at Orquideas! I would highly recommend this hostel. Very friendly, fun and helpful staff with a great chilled out vibe. The hostel is a 5 minute walk from a supermarket, ATM, most public bus routes and the ADO bus station. So convenient!

• 6th Sep 2014

breakfast and dinner was an awesome inclusion and there's a kitchen there if you prefer to cook. AC in the dorms was very much appreciated. friendly hosts with heaps of advice to offer on future travels. its within walking distance to the bus station too which is also good for the budget.

Great atmosphere free dinner every night is great to meet new people a bit far from the beach 20 mins on the bus but staff are great

I liked Hostel Orquideas when I visited. The day I went to check in was a different story. As it turned out, I did not want to stay in a mixed dorm. Female dorms frankly smell fresher.I did look at the dorm I was to occupy. The dirty sock smell was a real turn off. No fault of the owner. I think when people are sharing a small space, dirty clothes should be washed before moving in. I never checked in. I went back to the Kin Mayab Hotel which was in the area, same price as private room @ hostel.

I want to start off by saying that I have never written a review for any online product, service, or hostel. However, having experienced how genuine the owners and staff at Hostel Orquideas are, I decided I write my first review. If you enjoy traveling in hostels and meeting other travelers, book here. If you want free purified water, free breakfast, and free dinner, book here. The character limit of this post is keeping me from talking about all of the great things, but I truly loved my 5 days.

• 9th Aug 2014

Really nice people there, every evening dinner all together, nice rooms, all was very clean, the main busstation is very closed. It´s definitely a good idea to stay there.

Nice and clean hostel. Only spent one night, but still got to know many people. Liked the idea of having dinner with everyone.

The staff were so friendly and were always around to help. They also provided a fantastic breakfast and dinner!! I was only there one night but found it easy to get to the ado terminal and to get buses to the hotel zone. Pretty warm in the rooms but they do put on the airconditioning at night which helps

My first night of my trip was at this hostel and it became a great start. Everyone is really nice and I loved all the hammocks.

It included of breakfast and dinner. Owner cooked our dinner everyday. It's delicious Italian!!!!

Very nice environment!! The hostel's owners, the Italian couple Antonella and Mauricio, are very kind and attentive. And I loved the dinner time, because they cook for us and all the people get together around the table!! You can have a nice meal and meet nice people. The staff also is very kind and help you whenever you need. The hostel is also very clean and well located at Centro, near the Bus Terminal! I highly recommend it! It was a wonderful time my stay there!!

• 23rd Jul 2014