Hostel Orquideas Reviews

Calle Orquideas 25, Cancun, Mexico

I liked Hostel Orquideas when I visited. The day I went to check in was a different story. As it turned out, I did not want to stay in a mixed dorm. Female dorms frankly smell fresher.I did look at the dorm I was to occupy. The dirty sock smell was a real turn off. No fault of the owner. I think when people are sharing a small space, dirty clothes should be washed before moving in. I never checked in. I went back to the Kin Mayab Hotel which was in the area, same price as private room @ hostel.

I want to start off by saying that I have never written a review for any online product, service, or hostel. However, having experienced how genuine the owners and staff at Hostel Orquideas are, I decided I write my first review. If you enjoy traveling in hostels and meeting other travelers, book here. If you want free purified water, free breakfast, and free dinner, book here. The character limit of this post is keeping me from talking about all of the great things, but I truly loved my 5 days.

• 9th Aug 2014

Really nice people there, every evening dinner all together, nice rooms, all was very clean, the main busstation is very closed. It´s definitely a good idea to stay there.

Nice and clean hostel. Only spent one night, but still got to know many people. Liked the idea of having dinner with everyone.

The staff were so friendly and were always around to help. They also provided a fantastic breakfast and dinner!! I was only there one night but found it easy to get to the ado terminal and to get buses to the hotel zone. Pretty warm in the rooms but they do put on the airconditioning at night which helps

My first night of my trip was at this hostel and it became a great start. Everyone is really nice and I loved all the hammocks.

It included of breakfast and dinner. Owner cooked our dinner everyday. It's delicious Italian!!!!

Friendly, helpful, welcoming staff, even when I arrived well after midnight.

Stayed here once before--great experience, secure lockers and friendly staff--main problem is that the AC in the yellow room went out once, and the next time I stayed was not very effective. Could use a new one. They also mixed up my reservation and gave my bed to someone else, but cleared it up without too much problem. The hostel overall has a good vibe and attitude, especially with free homemade dinner, just MAKE SURE TO BRING BUG SPRAY as you sleep--but that's true of any hostel in the area.

very familiar hostel with owners who really care about their guests. every morning and evening they cook a small but fresh made meal for everybody. also the rooms are ok and clean. would go there again

The hostel was a bit difficult to find, but in a safe neighborhood near a plaza. It was filled with young travelers & had outdoor space w/some hammocks. The owners were very nice & made nachos for dinner. The dorms were clean, but the AC did not work and it was extremely hot and humid in the rooms. The doors didn't really shut to the rooms and they definitely didn't lock. There were some lockers inside the lobby. A little too much of a party feel for me. Breakfast was good.

Best hostel I stayed in on my trip - very friendly atmosphere, dinner is served in the evenings which is great for the price but also to meet other people staying in the hostel. Really clean, good downtown location and close to buses to go the beach.

My only suggestions are that you add some hooks or rods in the bathrooms to place clothing and towels on. When I showered I had to put my clothes and toiletries on the toilet seat, wet sink or on the ground. Also to add a fan to the downstairs dorm area for day time use. Otherwise a lovely facility!

All the staff were amazing. So so helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Great atmosphere, nice free breakfasts and the free evening meal made it all feel like a big happy family. I will be definitely be back anytime I'm in Cancun.

I loved this hostel! One of the best I've been so far. Confortable, cheap, good location, lovely staff, good breakfast, delicious dinner. I recomend!

A great hostel where spending your time in Cancun!

Way better than other hostels in the area--clean beds, friendly staff, no mold. Be ready for mosquitos and apply the deet since doors are open to the outside. This makes it feel like camping but for $13usd/night it's worth it. This hostel serves home cooked breakfast AND dinner-- something simple but delicious, and a lot of people join. It's a nice communal time to chat. It's social if you want it to be. Only challenging if the AC unit goes out :/

We didn't end up staying here. The 8 bed dorm was so small there wasn't enough room for our bags. The bathroom was dirty. Pillows looked like tissues. Common space was dirty as well. it didn't even have a locked gate or locks on the rooms. It's cheap but I really didn't like the look of it. We paid for two nights but ended up going roundthe corner to hotel Moloch which has very nice rooms for around 500 pesos.

Bunk beds: had worst matresses ever. Springs in our backs. And we've slept in some losy places before. Shocked when tried to reattach shower head hose repeatedly. Unclean bathrooms. Broken glass side door in bunkroom compromised security. Very hard to find and locals, including police did not know its street. Bad location. Decent breakfast of fruit, coffee, eggs, and coffee cake.

• 1st Jul 2014

We booked one night and didn't want to leave. Booked a further 5 nights. Its easyto find, just round the corner fromthe bus station. Easy and cheap to get to beach and clubs too. Owners are absolutely lovely and so helpful. Staff go out of there way to help and make sure you get the best out of Mexico. Food was always delicious and the atmosphere is always brilliant around the table. It's incredibly hygienic and we will definitely be returning if we ever return to the area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3