Hostel Orquideas Reviews

Calle Orquideas #2 sm22, mza 15 lt 23 ZIP 77500, Cancun, Mexico

Great value, friendly staff, we would definatly stay again and recomend it!

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel and the staff are very friendly. One of the guys Daniel went out of his way to take me to the hospital when I had bad food poisoning. The hostel has a good vibe and they also cook you breakfast and dinner!

This is a really nice hostel with a great chill atmosphere! The staff is very friendly and helpful, I bought a tour to Chichen Itza with pickup at the hostel - very recommended! The Italian owners make you breakfast and dinner every morning and night, and you all eat around the same table, which makes it really easy to meet new people. Beds were ok, but no hot shower in the court bathroom. Anyway, I'll definitely stay here again!

Really enjoyed the included breakfast & dinner, probably the best value for money hostel in cancun Only downside I found was they shut down around 11 and u cannot converse

Really nice and great area. Not great if you want a nice quiet personal time as they try and force a bit of a party vibe upon everyone and you can feel a bit guilty if you don't take part! Having said that they were very generous but we did feel a bit uncomfortable for just wanting to hang out on our own.

Staff was very helpful and friendly! Location was good, near the bus station and several restaurants nearby. Private room is very basic with shower and AC, but that's all we wanted after all. Quiet after dark. I would go back.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Excellent customer service

The owners were very hospitable and friendly. Laid back atmosphere and a great place to get away from the crowds and relax. Thanks for the service, including the meals.

Delicious food, awesome staff, clean showers, and AC in the rooms. Great location, too.

Great staff and a well-run hostel that organises events to help travellers meet each other. Especially good idea to hold communal dinners. Rooms very comfy. Good level of social interaction without going overboard

Great place to stay! Such a lovely family and all the food was excellent :) I definitely recommend this place and plan to stay here again on my return.

• 17th Jan 2016

No complaints what so ever, great people, awesome owners and wonderful memories. This is the hostel I've ever stayed in. Hostel Orquideas makes one feel at home.

I only stayed for three days, but I really enjoyed it! The atmosphere is so good and the people who work there are great! There is free breakfast and dinner included which is nice, because you get to try Mexican food!

Nice, clean, secure and located near the bus and many great places to eat and grab drinks! The staff was very helpful and all had great personalities. Free breakfast and dinner was a huge plus, especially with my morning hangover lol Will try to come back soon!

This hostel is AMAZING! I traveled a lot and I stayed at many hostels, and I have to say that this hostel is extraordinary! I met wonderful people and new traveling partners. The staff is super friendly and made me feel welcomed, helped me with booking tours and even walked me to the closest atm! Also, they cook delicious food with Italian top quality and they thought about everything like having a charge station with adapters and different chargers. i would definitely recommend this hostel!!

We had a great time here, the hosts do an amazing breakfast and dinner!!

We had a great time. Our age was no problem at all. We are very greatfull for the hospitlity and the friendly atmosphere. All the hosts, including the owners were very welcoming and helping. I think this was the kindest hostel I have been in and also one of the cleanest. Especially the kitchen was clean and ordened. I have a great respect for what they are manifesting. With thanks Loes en Margo

• 10th Jan 2016

My girlfriend and I only stayed for one night but would recommend for all traveling through Cancun. Staff was great, clean rooms and showers. Good location, walking distance to the bus station, bars and restaurants. Perhaps we didnt get a chance to get to know the tenants, some of them staying/living there seemed to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders, maybe because they were there too long and were too obsessed with the art of being there. Otherwise a great place to stay for the price.

• 6th Jan 2016

Great hostel. Free breakfast and dinner was awesome. Very social atmosphere. Alex and Daniel were great staff!

Great place to stay! The staff were super friendly and knew everything there was to do in Cancun. Great atmosphere with the courtyard right in the middle so everyone socialises. The free breakfast and dinner is nothing too fancy but is definitely a great way to meet people and save on money

• 29th Dec 2015