Hostel Ospitalia del Mare Reviews

Via San Nicolò 1, Levanto, Cinque Terre, Italy

This should be for a solo get away only. Levanto is amazing and this place is so close to everything. But seriously without having roommates I would have thought I was alone. I would stay here again but for one night. Staff was kinda cold and unwelcoming. Bedding and rooms are high quality! This is clean, safe and close to the beach. Don't come here looking to meet fellow travelers though.

The beds are a little rough. But other than that very nice and clean everywhere. Wifi is great.

Great place to stay, levanto was a perfect base for exploring cinque terre. Staff were lovely and good location close to the wee town centre and the beach. 10min walk to train was absolutely fine.

Firstly, the reception had the most ridiculous hours!!! Reception is only open for certain hours every day so if you have any problems or questions, bad luck. Wifi was absolutely horrible, it cut out all the time even when you were in the common room, was slow or would automatically disconnect you from it. The rooms smelt really really bad, so did the sheets and "towels" they provided. AND they ended up charging my friend and I extra for each night which they didn't inform us of.. Dont stay here

I'd stay here again only for the location. Beautiful little Italian town. Staff are nice, hostel has potential but it's missing pieces of the puzzle. There is no kitchen, this means no utensils, and no coffee making facilities other than at breakfast. They do have a microwave though.

One of the better hostels we have stayed in, however atmosphere was quite poor.

The place is cheap so you can't really complain to much. 15-20min walk to the station which makes reaching Cique Terre easy. The rooms really need AC or at least a fan. To put a fan in each room wouldn't cost more than €100 total. Overall if you need cheap accom around Cique Terre this has to do.

Great staff

The very nice staff, location, and low price were the only good things about this hostel. If you are on a budget, this is your place. But: -No kitchen, one (sometimes 2) electrical outlet in each room, for 9 people?! -Most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in. I was sleeping on metal springs. -No fans or any kind of air conditioning. It was very hot. Overall, I had a good stay, just not a very comfortable one.

• 4th Aug 2015

Clean but simple. The breakfast is not worth it tho.

Really enjoyed staying here. Close to the beach, however it's not the most social atmosphere :)

• 28th Jul 2015

I liked this hostel so much that I returned to spend almost a week in the Cinque Terra. Whilst there is not a common room, I made lots of friends sharing the large 8 bed mixed dorms. There are large, secure, lockable cupboards to store your belongings. Close to all Cinque Terra towns, yet a little removed which means you get to experience an authentic Italian seaside town without all the tourist hussle and bustle that can be found in the Cinque Terra.

Much cheaper than staying in one of the five villages and location is great, near the beach and 5 min walking to train station to reach the villages. Hostel was clean and tidy but no hostel atmosphere whatsoever. Breakfast was included but bad and they could do better for no much more money. There is no kitchen available. Very nice linen and towels included.

I thought the hostel was a bit expensive, but when I got there I realised everything in Cinque Terre is quite expensive.

I was there for 3 nights. The hostel is really close to the beach and about 15 minutes from the station. Very easy to get to cinque terre from levanto. There is no kitchen in the hostel and I was a bit disappointed, but it's my fault that I forgot to check it before booking. There is a nice balcony, but they close at 11pm no matter you're having a nice chat or few drinks there.

We really enjoyed our stay here, we were only there for one night but wished we stayed two. Big rooms and a locker which was nice. Not in Cinque Terre but close enough that you still get the vibe of it without it being quite so touristy. Staff was really helpful. We did the walk from Levanto to Monterosso and would highly recommend it. Plus it's free rather then paying for the Cinque Terre pass.

The hostel should 1) have a common room with a television or music to encourage others to interact 2) the rooms were not cleaned thoroughly every day and that is must. I good sweeping of the floors makes patrons more comfortable.

The hostel has a lot of different aged people (I think there might have been a children summer camp here as well?). It didn't really make much of a difference. My room has "normal" aged backpackers. It was a very quick walk to the beach and center of Levanto. Be warned, this hostel isn't actually inside the Cinque Terre; however, it is a very easy train ride to the 5 towns. It made for an easy home base with access to all the glory that is CInque Terre.

The service was fine and location was great (less than 10 minutes walking from beachside Levanto) but the only issue I had was that the wifi only worked in the main lobby area and not in the rooms. You pay for what you get here.

The location is perfect, very close to the beach and if you like to go in cinque terre Levanto is a cheaper base point. The hostel is aesthetically good, rooms are big and bathroom is too big. Problem begins if you want to charge your phone or another device close to your bad during the night. You just can't. Breakfast is included but poor, and you have to pay for a second (terrible) coffe. I used a lot of Hostel and I never seen one with a reception that closes during night or at midday!

• 10th Jul 2015