Hostel Ospitalia del Mare Reviews

Via San Nicolò 1, Levanto, Cinque Terre, Italy

Check-in hours were really bizarre -- if you arrive in the afternoon, you can't enter the hostel at all. It's a good thing the camping hostel across the street let me store my bags there. A little disappointing that the hostel that I paid for couldn't do that, but once I was able to get into the hostel, everything was fine. Note that there aren't cooking facilities, though. Breakfast was good and the facilities were really clean.

Dear Marissa, I'm so sorry to hear this! Although we send all our clients a personal message with arrival times AND code for the gate for luggage storage if they arrive at other times it seams this didn't work out with you. I hope that for the rest you had a good time and we'll keep on doing all the possible to avoid situations as these. Kind regards Jacqueline.

Staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable, travelled as a group so the lack of social aspect at the hostel wasn't an issue, stayed in better places for solo travellers though.

• 19th Sep 2015

It was a great place to sleep for the night and leave all day to hike and swim at the gorgeous beach in lavanto or Monterosso. We were in a bedroom that could hear people at breakfast loud at 7 am which was okay if you're trying to get up really early. The towels weren't the best but just bring your own and the breakfast was okay. Other than that the overall stay was beautiful!

The reception staff was fantastic! They were very efficient and seemed to know exactly what I needed. The location is a perfect base for exploring the Cinque Terre and relaxing on the sea shore. I enjoyed being here so much that I extended my stay to 5 nights.

Great location close to levanto beach and train station. Not technically in cinque terror but easy to get there with a 5 minute train ride

Honestly, it's worth the stay, but for no more than one night. It's pretty overpriced in my opinion. It's SUPER close to the beach, which is wonderful. You really cannot get a better location. There are plenty of shops and cafes around too. The downside is that reception is only open at certain times, and when they are open, they aren't very friendly or concerned. In addition, the bathrooms were somewhat small and dirty. The beds aren't super comfortable, but also weren't deadly.

I wish Hostel had offer more variety of food for breakfast

Amazing location for the Cinque Terre. Levanto isn't crowded with tourists and is actually relaxing. If you're planning a hiking trip & want to stay away from all the chaos this is the place. It also has a big sandy beach where as the Cinque Terre & La Spezia have mainly cobble stone & it's15 euro for a seat on the beach! Also lovely large rooms with great facilities. Staff were a bit drained and unenthusiastic but it's almost irrelevant. Ask at the train station about the day passes etc

This should be for a solo get away only. Levanto is amazing and this place is so close to everything. But seriously without having roommates I would have thought I was alone. I would stay here again but for one night. Staff was kinda cold and unwelcoming. Bedding and rooms are high quality! This is clean, safe and close to the beach. Don't come here looking to meet fellow travelers though.

The beds are a little rough. But other than that very nice and clean everywhere. Wifi is great.

Great place to stay, levanto was a perfect base for exploring cinque terre. Staff were lovely and good location close to the wee town centre and the beach. 10min walk to train was absolutely fine.

Firstly, the reception had the most ridiculous hours!!! Reception is only open for certain hours every day so if you have any problems or questions, bad luck. Wifi was absolutely horrible, it cut out all the time even when you were in the common room, was slow or would automatically disconnect you from it. The rooms smelt really really bad, so did the sheets and "towels" they provided. AND they ended up charging my friend and I extra for each night which they didn't inform us of.. Dont stay here

I'd stay here again only for the location. Beautiful little Italian town. Staff are nice, hostel has potential but it's missing pieces of the puzzle. There is no kitchen, this means no utensils, and no coffee making facilities other than at breakfast. They do have a microwave though.

One of the better hostels we have stayed in, however atmosphere was quite poor.

The place is cheap so you can't really complain to much. 15-20min walk to the station which makes reaching Cique Terre easy. The rooms really need AC or at least a fan. To put a fan in each room wouldn't cost more than €100 total. Overall if you need cheap accom around Cique Terre this has to do.

Great staff

The very nice staff, location, and low price were the only good things about this hostel. If you are on a budget, this is your place. But: -No kitchen, one (sometimes 2) electrical outlet in each room, for 9 people?! -Most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in. I was sleeping on metal springs. -No fans or any kind of air conditioning. It was very hot. Overall, I had a good stay, just not a very comfortable one.

• 4th Aug 2015

Quieter hostel, but still met some nice similar-minded travellers. Would recommend staying here rather than in Cinque Terre, as Levanto doesn't have the tourist trap feel of Cinque Terre. Located a few minutes from the beach on the edge of the town center. Had a fantastic time here. Overall a really nice place to get away and relax.

Clean but simple. The breakfast is not worth it tho.

Really enjoyed staying here. Close to the beach, however it's not the most social atmosphere :)

• 28th Jul 2015