Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

Ok location and you might have to pay if you check out and then still hang out there that day. Kitchen and dishes were not clean. Other than that no complaints. Liked the rooftop terrace there.

• 26th Mar 2015

The crew is extremely nice, trying hard to ensure everything is correct. Great roof bar! Although is really economic, it is also clean at the same time and basically you can get everywhere by waking a quarter what is not extremely huge amount of time. Greeting.”

I didn't like this hostel, so much so that I was supposed to be here for 3 nights and I checked out the day after I arrived.. The room I was in was more like a prison and it was so cold, There wasn't a main social area and the kitchen was small.The staff were nice but I don't understand the rating compared to other hostels close by.

Great value for money and vibe if you are looking for backpackers and young travellers. Decent opportunities to hang out. Relatively clean, orderly, flexible place. The WiFi is usually available for free in all parts of the hostel... Pretty good breakfast. Loved the talks with the volunteers/employees hanging out, when they were not busy. Definitely try the tour. There are some parties now and then and also other activities that you can check out... ended up hiking with guests!

Cool hostel ! We are 4 French students and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel, we really liked it. The location is quite far from the old center but it's okay. The staff is friendly. Excellent wifi. The rooftop is really great. Bedrooms are very clean, showers and toilets as well. However, the breakfast is awful, one of the worst breakfasts we've ever had. We stayed in the 6 beds dorm, really comfortable. The price is quite cheap. We definitely recommend this hostel !

At my arrival the receptionist was not very polite and friendly. The kitchen, the room the lounge, the yard and the entrance was not clean..I did not had for my bed where to charge my phone. Not to many information about Tel-aviv, about tours, about entertainment in town.

sorry to hear about the receptionist. we are working with volunteers here and sometimes we cant control their behavior. we will check the this issue. regarding the facilities of the hostel- strange, all reviews we have been receiving are positively surprised of how clean the hostel is for a backpackers one.about the events- we have a board at receptions with all the information you were looking for.next time just ask :) we are always happy to help see the city in different eyes.

Liked it, a good place to stay!

The location is a bit bad. Far from center, far from the beach, a bit far from Jaffa. Rooms are boring, beds are bad and there is no coziness in the rooms. (And no curtains = wake up early). Walls are thin and you can hear everything through them. It's allright to stay here a short time to save money.

Sorry dear, you should have read more about the place, We are 400 meters from the Jaffa flea market, thats far ? This is a backpackers hostel, rooms are for sleep not for living in. come out and play.

Not the best location but everything is in walking distance. Staff was extremely helpful!

Although there is a lot of graffiti outside do not let it fool you. The inside of the hostel is very nice. Although it's not in the best location it's about a 20 min walk to the beach. However, I was able to do my laundry there which was a huge plus. I would stay there again.

Great place, although i would have liked lockers in the room.

Great hostel. Awesome atmoshpere, good people, everything I needed worked, and great staff. Stayed here my first night in Israel and came back for my last night in Israel. Would definitely stay here again.

A very cool and unique hostel with super friendly staff. The hostel is not too large so it was easy to get to know people. Rooms and showers were clean, kitchen was large and well-equipped and there was a great large rooftop terrace for hanging out. In general the place is very nicely decorated and has a lot of character. I had an awesome time and will definitely go back.

Best staff and atmosphere I've ever experienced. Stayed in several places in Israel and this was by far the best!

Great place. Really enjoyed it. Highly recommend it. My only gripe was that the bed was uncomfortable for me, but that's just a personal thing. This hostel is worth it.

The atmsphere was really nice, we met some great people and loved the concept of the Hostel. We got great tips to see the city, to know where to go and what to do (great party references and alternative parts of tel aviv to see). We only had a situation where we needed some medical help and in this the management of the hostel really wasn't helpful. We felt like they didn't want to deal with a serious situation.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Im sad that after we spoke about this several times here I discover what you think was behind my initial advice. All i did was point that i see many a tourist freak out when they catch a cold outside of their country and then spend a fortune in the ER room. Well, its easier to find someone to blame. Forgot I was the one who watched your group's back through the whole night of you girls experimenting in Tel Aviv night life... Thanks for taking time also to point out the good things here.

Hostel is not enough visible from the street .We had trouble with finding hostel because information board is not legible enough.Staff was nice ,helpful.I had an impression that my sheet wasn't clean,wasn't changed for fresh ,pillowcase and duvet cover were clean. In hostel is good access to the kitchen and you can drink coffee ,tea how much you want. Please revise your rules because of age .In polish transcription written :accepted people from 18-no limit ,but in english from 18 -45.

Hello, I hear you, true, hostel is a bit hidden, like many good things in israel, we do send detailed instructions to all guests and usually there is a red lighted dragon on the roof but because of the storm it was off. I can assure you the bed sheets are cleaned daily as you might have noticed our crew working on it. Thanks for pointing out the out of date translation, it been almost a year and nobody noticed it.

I was only there for a night, but it's a pretty good hostel! The staff has a great sense of humor, the rooms are perfectly nice, and the atmosphere seems good.

Thanks man !

Really cool atmospheric place. Not in the main center, but in the cool area - 10 min walk to the flea market, some art places and bars. Really enjoyed staying there. This is THE hostel, like it should be. 10/10.

Woo hoo, keep warm and come back.