Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

Great hostel. Awesome atmoshpere, good people, everything I needed worked, and great staff. Stayed here my first night in Israel and came back for my last night in Israel. Would definitely stay here again.

A very cool and unique hostel with super friendly staff. The hostel is not too large so it was easy to get to know people. Rooms and showers were clean, kitchen was large and well-equipped and there was a great large rooftop terrace for hanging out. In general the place is very nicely decorated and has a lot of character. I had an awesome time and will definitely go back.

Best staff and atmosphere I've ever experienced. Stayed in several places in Israel and this was by far the best!

Great place. Really enjoyed it. Highly recommend it. My only gripe was that the bed was uncomfortable for me, but that's just a personal thing. This hostel is worth it.

The atmsphere was really nice, we met some great people and loved the concept of the Hostel. We got great tips to see the city, to know where to go and what to do (great party references and alternative parts of tel aviv to see). We only had a situation where we needed some medical help and in this the management of the hostel really wasn't helpful. We felt like they didn't want to deal with a serious situation.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Im sad that after we spoke about this several times here I discover what you think was behind my initial advice. All i did was point that i see many a tourist freak out when they catch a cold outside of their country and then spend a fortune in the ER room. Well, its easier to find someone to blame. Forgot I was the one who watched your group's back through the whole night of you girls experimenting in Tel Aviv night life... Thanks for taking time also to point out the good things here.

Hostel is not enough visible from the street .We had trouble with finding hostel because information board is not legible enough.Staff was nice ,helpful.I had an impression that my sheet wasn't clean,wasn't changed for fresh ,pillowcase and duvet cover were clean. In hostel is good access to the kitchen and you can drink coffee ,tea how much you want. Please revise your rules because of age .In polish transcription written :accepted people from 18-no limit ,but in english from 18 -45.

Hello, I hear you, true, hostel is a bit hidden, like many good things in israel, we do send detailed instructions to all guests and usually there is a red lighted dragon on the roof but because of the storm it was off. I can assure you the bed sheets are cleaned daily as you might have noticed our crew working on it. Thanks for pointing out the out of date translation, it been almost a year and nobody noticed it.

I was only there for a night, but it's a pretty good hostel! The staff has a great sense of humor, the rooms are perfectly nice, and the atmosphere seems good.

Thanks man !

Really cool atmospheric place. Not in the main center, but in the cool area - 10 min walk to the flea market, some art places and bars. Really enjoyed staying there. This is THE hostel, like it should be. 10/10.

Woo hoo, keep warm and come back.

Cool smaller place with family atmosphere, so perfect for younger travellers who want to meet others. Also next to old Jaffa so you dont only have Tel Aviv but also old Jaffa in walking distance.

I liked to stay there! The staff was likeable and well informed. 24 hours reception is also not granted. Big adventages for me was the free parking lot in front of the hostel. The way to the City centre didn't takes a long time. Unfortable the water wasn't as hot as I used to, but it is okay. The Breakfast wasn't that big, but satisfactory. I would choose the hostel again, if I will come to Tel Aviv again.

Thanks for the detailed description and feedback, We keep learning from our guests and Im sure next time we will be more satisfactory. Keep warm !

Don't let the building or area scare you off! The inside has a really nice alternative-relaxed vibe! Brings a really cool group of people there! It's a little far from any train stations, but only a 15 minute walk from the beach! (Also some cool cafes around the area as well!) good wifi, comfy beds and nice staff! I didn't find the hostel rooms very clean, but with a younger crowd it's to be expected a bit! If you're looking for a off the grid, cheap place I totally recommend it!

True That ! thank you for starting the new year with us. my it be peaceful and fun for all.

We unfortunately had a bad experience checking out, they added services to our bill that were already paid for or not used at all. While we tried to figure things out instead of apologizing for the major delay/inconvenience we were brushed off with "It's a big hostel, these things happen" - they seem to have too many volunteers and too little people that actually work there and know what's going on (also that one poor girl had to work while being sick) No bathroom window, quite chilly in winter

The staff on reception were absolutely wonderful

Great place

Overall an adequate hostel.

- bad bicycle quality, and the reception people did not care about it - one mouse in my room but the reception would not believe it - wifi only working in some areas - the shower was rather cold than warm - not enough plug in our room to charge the cell phone

The person at the reception gave me wrong directios to arrive by public transportation to the hostel. I was lost for about 2 hours. Somebody tried to help me by calling them but the person at the reception didn't speak hebrew so THIS PERSON CONFIRMED THAT I WAS GOING INTO THE RIGHT DIRECTION : that made me get even more lost at the ruch hour in buses that I could no even read. When I finally arrived they didn' even excuse themselves.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Peru

Im really sorry about your experience, we are a just hostel and at night time we have a night shift person that might not know the answers to unusual questions. Never the less i see that you were sent a detailed email with directions how to get here and another one to answer your specif question. All this doesnt help either one of us now. Hope you enjoyed some other aspects of your stay.

At first arrival this place seems to be in a bad location, but it's more a matter of where you want it to be around; it's close to Jaffa's center and is near the bus station, but is distant from much of the modern area. The staff all seemed like fun people. The rooms were overcrowded, the worst part of the place, and both times I stayed here the two rooms felt claustrophobic with everyone's gear. Outside of the rooms things are better, though, and there are plenty of couches.

I had a great time staying at the hostel. There were quite a lot of neat places to hang out which were nearby. So that was a huge plus for me. On the hand, I felt that the bunk beds were hard to sleep on. I found them as stiff as hard word. But that's just me.

Cheers man,regarding the beds, funny, most people like our new sturdy mattresses. Maybe its a cultural thing, i remember Indian mattresses were quite soft.

This place is awesome. I highly suggest traveling within the Israel hostel network as they give you discounts and are really great places. Though not in the very best location it only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to tons of stuff. The owner, Omer, also knows of something cool to do any time of week! Oh, and the rooftop is probably the best place in the world to chill.

Cheers man, you were one of those guests holding the space when its not holiday weather outside. Thanks for giving a hand with the rooftop tent. its perfect. See you on the road.