Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

Nice hostel with a nice roof. The location is not the best, but ok: you are fast in Jaffa by feed and you can walk to the central bus station and Hagana station. But the center of Tel Aviv is a bit far away. The price for a privat room is really fair. So we liked it! P.S. Certainly, 22 NIS for a beer is not fair! 15 NIS would be enough, too.

They forgot our reservation, were very hostile about it, didn't tell us important information which led us go without food for half a day and there was a mouse in our room. The manager was nice, but the majority of other staff seemed like they were tired of their job. The location is basically on a mechanical auto shop, and this was not described with pictures. Overall not satisfactory and we had to leave in the middle of our vacation and spend half a day trying to find a new hostel

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

No locks avaiable, rooms cannot be locked, the hostel is far away so during Shabat get ready for long walks, the staff at the reception could be nicer, but it is cheap, so for budget traveller this hostel is a good option. The roof top is amazing - nice music, relaxing atmosphere and nice view

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

I really enjoyed staying at Overstay hostel!

Ok location and you might have to pay if you check out and then still hang out there that day. Kitchen and dishes were not clean. Other than that no complaints. Liked the rooftop terrace there.

• 26th Mar 2015

The crew is extremely nice, trying hard to ensure everything is correct. Great roof bar! Although is really economic, it is also clean at the same time and basically you can get everywhere by waking a quarter what is not extremely huge amount of time. Greeting.”

I didn't like this hostel, so much so that I was supposed to be here for 3 nights and I checked out the day after I arrived.. The room I was in was more like a prison and it was so cold, There wasn't a main social area and the kitchen was small.The staff were nice but I don't understand the rating compared to other hostels close by.

sorry to hear you didnt dig our vibe. starnge- we have the biggest commun area(s) in the city...next time feel free to ask at reception. they are always happt to help. regarding the rooms- yup, they are not the fanciest, they are basic. thats a backpackers hostel, not an hotel.the ratings you mentioned change from individuale to another..some liked the vibe, some didnt. we try our best to make sure our guests knows which hostel they booked. maybe next time dont book the cheapest hostel : )

Overstay Hostel is quite a fancy and unusual place. There is a lot of work going on so be prepared to get up early. Breakfast is extremely basic. Light in facilities does not work sometimes. Apart from that the atmosphere was good, they put a lot of love in the Hostel. It's just somehow unfinished but if that's cool for you this is a good place. I liked the outdoor spaces to hang out.

Great value for money and vibe if you are looking for backpackers and young travellers. Decent opportunities to hang out. Relatively clean, orderly, flexible place. The WiFi is usually available for free in all parts of the hostel... Pretty good breakfast. Loved the talks with the volunteers/employees hanging out, when they were not busy. Definitely try the tour. There are some parties now and then and also other activities that you can check out... ended up hiking with guests!

Cool hostel ! We are 4 French students and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel, we really liked it. The location is quite far from the old center but it's okay. The staff is friendly. Excellent wifi. The rooftop is really great. Bedrooms are very clean, showers and toilets as well. However, the breakfast is awful, one of the worst breakfasts we've ever had. We stayed in the 6 beds dorm, really comfortable. The price is quite cheap. We definitely recommend this hostel !

At my arrival the receptionist was not very polite and friendly. The kitchen, the room the lounge, the yard and the entrance was not clean..I did not had for my bed where to charge my phone. Not to many information about Tel-aviv, about tours, about entertainment in town.

sorry to hear about the receptionist. we are working with volunteers here and sometimes we cant control their behavior. we will check the this issue. regarding the facilities of the hostel- strange, all reviews we have been receiving are positively surprised of how clean the hostel is for a backpackers one.about the events- we have a board at receptions with all the information you were looking for.next time just ask :) we are always happy to help see the city in different eyes.

Liked it, a good place to stay!

The location is a bit bad. Far from center, far from the beach, a bit far from Jaffa. Rooms are boring, beds are bad and there is no coziness in the rooms. (And no curtains = wake up early). Walls are thin and you can hear everything through them. It's allright to stay here a short time to save money.

Sorry dear, you should have read more about the place, We are 400 meters from the Jaffa flea market, thats far ? This is a backpackers hostel, rooms are for sleep not for living in. come out and play.

Not the best location but everything is in walking distance. Staff was extremely helpful!

Although there is a lot of graffiti outside do not let it fool you. The inside of the hostel is very nice. Although it's not in the best location it's about a 20 min walk to the beach. However, I was able to do my laundry there which was a huge plus. I would stay there again.

Great place, although i would have liked lockers in the room.

Great hostel. Awesome atmoshpere, good people, everything I needed worked, and great staff. Stayed here my first night in Israel and came back for my last night in Israel. Would definitely stay here again.

A very cool and unique hostel with super friendly staff. The hostel is not too large so it was easy to get to know people. Rooms and showers were clean, kitchen was large and well-equipped and there was a great large rooftop terrace for hanging out. In general the place is very nicely decorated and has a lot of character. I had an awesome time and will definitely go back.

Best staff and atmosphere I've ever experienced. Stayed in several places in Israel and this was by far the best!

« first « Prev 1 2 3