Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

I was only there for a night, but it's a pretty good hostel! The staff has a great sense of humor, the rooms are perfectly nice, and the atmosphere seems good.

Thanks man !

Really cool atmospheric place. Not in the main center, but in the cool area - 10 min walk to the flea market, some art places and bars. Really enjoyed staying there. This is THE hostel, like it should be. 10/10.

Woo hoo, keep warm and come back.

Cool smaller place with family atmosphere, so perfect for younger travellers who want to meet others. Also next to old Jaffa so you dont only have Tel Aviv but also old Jaffa in walking distance.

I liked to stay there! The staff was likeable and well informed. 24 hours reception is also not granted. Big adventages for me was the free parking lot in front of the hostel. The way to the City centre didn't takes a long time. Unfortable the water wasn't as hot as I used to, but it is okay. The Breakfast wasn't that big, but satisfactory. I would choose the hostel again, if I will come to Tel Aviv again.

Thanks for the detailed description and feedback, We keep learning from our guests and Im sure next time we will be more satisfactory. Keep warm !

Don't let the building or area scare you off! The inside has a really nice alternative-relaxed vibe! Brings a really cool group of people there! It's a little far from any train stations, but only a 15 minute walk from the beach! (Also some cool cafes around the area as well!) good wifi, comfy beds and nice staff! I didn't find the hostel rooms very clean, but with a younger crowd it's to be expected a bit! If you're looking for a off the grid, cheap place I totally recommend it!

True That ! thank you for starting the new year with us. my it be peaceful and fun for all.

We unfortunately had a bad experience checking out, they added services to our bill that were already paid for or not used at all. While we tried to figure things out instead of apologizing for the major delay/inconvenience we were brushed off with "It's a big hostel, these things happen" - they seem to have too many volunteers and too little people that actually work there and know what's going on (also that one poor girl had to work while being sick) No bathroom window, quite chilly in winter

The staff on reception were absolutely wonderful

Great place

Overall an adequate hostel.

The person at the reception gave me wrong directios to arrive by public transportation to the hostel. I was lost for about 2 hours. Somebody tried to help me by calling them but the person at the reception didn't speak hebrew so THIS PERSON CONFIRMED THAT I WAS GOING INTO THE RIGHT DIRECTION : that made me get even more lost at the ruch hour in buses that I could no even read. When I finally arrived they didn' even excuse themselves.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Peru

Im really sorry about your experience, we are a just hostel and at night time we have a night shift person that might not know the answers to unusual questions. Never the less i see that you were sent a detailed email with directions how to get here and another one to answer your specif question. All this doesnt help either one of us now. Hope you enjoyed some other aspects of your stay.

At first arrival this place seems to be in a bad location, but it's more a matter of where you want it to be around; it's close to Jaffa's center and is near the bus station, but is distant from much of the modern area. The staff all seemed like fun people. The rooms were overcrowded, the worst part of the place, and both times I stayed here the two rooms felt claustrophobic with everyone's gear. Outside of the rooms things are better, though, and there are plenty of couches.

I had a great time staying at the hostel. There were quite a lot of neat places to hang out which were nearby. So that was a huge plus for me. On the hand, I felt that the bunk beds were hard to sleep on. I found them as stiff as hard word. But that's just me.

Cheers man,regarding the beds, funny, most people like our new sturdy mattresses. Maybe its a cultural thing, i remember Indian mattresses were quite soft.

This place is awesome. I highly suggest traveling within the Israel hostel network as they give you discounts and are really great places. Though not in the very best location it only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to tons of stuff. The owner, Omer, also knows of something cool to do any time of week! Oh, and the rooftop is probably the best place in the world to chill.

Cheers man, you were one of those guests holding the space when its not holiday weather outside. Thanks for giving a hand with the rooftop tent. its perfect. See you on the road.

We stayed for one night. The room did not have window screen. We got mosquito bites. Thank you for the bed upgrade though.

Cheers. Sorry about the mosquitoes. That happens some days after it rains. If we install nets than blocks the air flow. so not sure thats better for the rest of the year. best is to close the window and turn on the AC. mayb next time.

Overstay is a giant, created by the owners, managers and volunteers, that waits for you with its arms wide open and then gives you a big hug. It's quite basic (I respectfully compared it to indoor camping) but it has everything you need. Free breakfast, coffee and tea, and kitchen open to use. Extremely kind people, though the group of volunteers is (too?) big. No problems with me asking a ton of questions, eager to help and give tips. I will most definitely return here and can't wait till I do!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • tessjanssen730

Thanks ! Yalla come back, you became part of the family already.

The atmosphere is the best!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Thanks man, you were part of it !

The rooftop is great, and the bathroom is okay however the atmosphere was lacking. There are simply far too many volunteers there - the group of 5-6 danish volunteers were unfriendly and cliquey. At one point the blonde one started telling me how much she disliked Australians and our accents - I'm not sure whether this is her first time travelling, but that group definetely seemed like they were there just to free-load.

These volunteers are what helps us give this place its vibe and keep it affordable for you our guests. Im sorry you didnt get along with them, hearing this they asked me to apologize to you, one the other side, I see that you expressed the same issue with a Budapest hostel staff, so mayb its not just us. Hurts you chose to rate us so, especially considering the fact that we treated you to a free beer upon check in. Hope in the future you will understand more hostel circumstances and express it.

Cool place to stay for the young--many cool people there. It seems that the room was just renovated and there was lots of dust on the bed. We cleaned the matress by ourselves-- the hostel staff could have done that instead before the arrival of guests. The breakfast is very simple.

thanks, its good to be cool in the hot israeli summer ;-). sorry about the dust, we had the fire department installing its systems and probably the drilling got some dust on your bed. you are right, we should have checked the room afterwards. sorry.

I think it could be a bad district in Tel Aviv, but not far to the beach. The staff is wonderful and very kind and helpful. If you are a party face, it's your hostel. :-)

Oh its not bad district, just quiet, which allows us to make noise :-). thanks for having fun here with our crew. maybe see you later..

the location is the worst part ... and the price is not that good for that.

Sorry you didnt dig our vibe. Well, if you are not into alternative cutting edge real beachs and hang out places to meet other travelers and student locals than i recommend next time go for the tourist trap strip in the city center. i just spent there a night myself visiting a nice fellow hostel, The Gordon Inn, i think that will suit you better.