Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

Very friendly staff, nice teracce, goog location.

great for young people

• 7th May 2015
  • Poland

Very friendly staff, good atmosphere at the roof terrace and in the kitchen. Beautyfully decorated inner spaces.

The staff made the entire experience for me. Friendly, helpful, and eager to include us in their activities and socialise. Would definitely stay there again :)

Very interesting planning of premises. Excellent roof with the place for tent and terrace for breakfasts and parties. Local cat is just awesome. Breakfasts a-la buffet. Very reach and tasty. Fridges are huge and enough for all your stuff. Very beautiful girl-administrator from London. Clean and discreet bathrooms. Available big parking. Pity, that towels were available only for sale, but not for rent. And they were pretty far from clean ones.

Very friendly, young and nice to look at staff. ;-) Bathing beach is an unhurried 15 minute walk away. Our room was very simple: two (narrow) beds, two night tables, AC and 1 power outlet. The walls are very thin (particle board), I bet our next door neighbor could hear me snoring. The doorhandles were a bit waggly and the overall impression of the hostel was: quite simple. But fun. The outdoor terrace with its sofas was great for getting to know other guests and to end a hot and exhausting day

This place would have been nice about 5 years ago. It feels very run down and quite unorganised. It's mostly run by young volunteers who are nice, but don't really care too much about the cleanliness and the facilities. The dorm rooms are very basic (more like jail cells) and are not kept clean. The blankets are gross and not washed between guests. We had an expensive micro fibre hiking towel go missing from the clothes line and the staff didn't seem to care or really try to help us find it.

Nice hostel with a nice roof. The location is not the best, but ok: you are fast in Jaffa by feed and you can walk to the central bus station and Hagana station. But the center of Tel Aviv is a bit far away. The price for a privat room is really fair. So we liked it! P.S. Certainly, 22 NIS for a beer is not fair! 15 NIS would be enough, too.

They forgot our reservation, were very hostile about it, didn't tell us important information which led us go without food for half a day and there was a mouse in our room. The manager was nice, but the majority of other staff seemed like they were tired of their job. The location is basically on a mechanical auto shop, and this was not described with pictures. Overall not satisfactory and we had to leave in the middle of our vacation and spend half a day trying to find a new hostel

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

thank you for taking the time to write us a review. true, our volunteers are not workers and they have bad days like all of us. we will investigate the issue! regarding your reservation; at no point it was said that we lost your reservation. you guys booked an outdoor tent in a very stormy night & were suggested to take a room (you also had the option to stay in a tent and you chose not to). in addition, we told you to come to reception if you would like to stay in a dorm but you chose not to.

There was no soul. It was a dark hostel with hardly any light.. there where too many rules and regulation. I was more than one week and even like this, the staff was not so helpfull with me, they can throw or lost your food and nobody gave explanations. Sometimes the volunteers help you more than the regular staff, or sometimes too, the volunteers act like the own the place. The dorm have hardly any electricity plugs and you have to pay for towels. My plan was stay there for 2 weeks but...

No locks avaiable, rooms cannot be locked, the hostel is far away so during Shabat get ready for long walks, the staff at the reception could be nicer, but it is cheap, so for budget traveller this hostel is a good option. The roof top is amazing - nice music, relaxing atmosphere and nice view

I really enjoyed staying at Overstay hostel!

Ok location and you might have to pay if you check out and then still hang out there that day. Kitchen and dishes were not clean. Other than that no complaints. Liked the rooftop terrace there.

Salt and oil in the kitchen would be good.

The crew is extremely nice, trying hard to ensure everything is correct. Great roof bar! Although is really economic, it is also clean at the same time and basically you can get everywhere by waking a quarter what is not extremely huge amount of time. Greeting.”

I didn't like this hostel, so much so that I was supposed to be here for 3 nights and I checked out the day after I arrived.. The room I was in was more like a prison and it was so cold, There wasn't a main social area and the kitchen was small.The staff were nice but I don't understand the rating compared to other hostels close by.

sorry to hear you didnt dig our vibe. starnge- we have the biggest commun area(s) in the city...next time feel free to ask at reception. they are always happt to help. regarding the rooms- yup, they are not the fanciest, they are basic. thats a backpackers hostel, not an hotel.the ratings you mentioned change from individuale to another..some liked the vibe, some didnt. we try our best to make sure our guests knows which hostel they booked. maybe next time dont book the cheapest hostel : )

Overstay Hostel is quite a fancy and unusual place. There is a lot of work going on so be prepared to get up early. Breakfast is extremely basic. Light in facilities does not work sometimes. Apart from that the atmosphere was good, they put a lot of love in the Hostel. It's just somehow unfinished but if that's cool for you this is a good place. I liked the outdoor spaces to hang out.

Great value for money and vibe if you are looking for backpackers and young travellers. Decent opportunities to hang out. Relatively clean, orderly, flexible place. The WiFi is usually available for free in all parts of the hostel... Pretty good breakfast. Loved the talks with the volunteers/employees hanging out, when they were not busy. Definitely try the tour. There are some parties now and then and also other activities that you can check out... ended up hiking with guests!

Cool hostel ! We are 4 French students and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel, we really liked it. The location is quite far from the old center but it's okay. The staff is friendly. Excellent wifi. The rooftop is really great. Bedrooms are very clean, showers and toilets as well. However, the breakfast is awful, one of the worst breakfasts we've ever had. We stayed in the 6 beds dorm, really comfortable. The price is quite cheap. We definitely recommend this hostel !

At my arrival the receptionist was not very polite and friendly. The kitchen, the room the lounge, the yard and the entrance was not clean..I did not had for my bed where to charge my phone. Not to many information about Tel-aviv, about tours, about entertainment in town.

sorry to hear about the receptionist. we are working with volunteers here and sometimes we cant control their behavior. we will check the this issue. regarding the facilities of the hostel- strange, all reviews we have been receiving are positively surprised of how clean the hostel is for a backpackers one.about the events- we have a board at receptions with all the information you were looking for.next time just ask :) we are always happy to help see the city in different eyes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3