Hostel Overstay TLV

7.3
Very Good 507 Total Reviews

15th Jun 2017
5.7

The staff were rude and judgmental and not welcoming at all. It's one of those hostels where the people who work there think they are so cool because they are travelers working at a hostel. The layout was cool and there was a really cool yard to hangout in. It's kind of far from everything and in the middle of no where.

9th Jun 2017
2.0

They deleted my reservation without a reason. When i ask my deposit they tell me ask hostelworld. They make me get trouble. I lost my deposit. Nobody pay me back...

5th Jun 2017
8.0

This property is located a little far from the promenade, near the garages. So noise could be an issue. We stayed here for 2 nights in the room next to the reception, so music on till 11pm. The rooftop is a nice place to hang out and kitchen facilities are good. Cleanliness is a doubt (cockroaches on the kitchen shelf!!) Other than that, its good value for money and popular with backpackers.

• USA, Female, 18-24
5.4

The property was clean and the facilities were adequate. This hostel is definitely rougher around the edges than other hostels I have stayed in in the area, but the main problem in my eyes was the staff. They were consistently aloof and acted inconvenienced by any reasonable request. Also the security of the establishment seems lacking. The rooms are always kept unlocked and no one is given keys. The code for entrance to the property is displayed publicly and could be shared with anyone.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

I am really going to miss the staff, the atmosphere and the nice breakfast in the terrace. Everything was amazing and Overstay will be definitelly my decision in my next trip to Tel Aviv.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
4.6

Hostel does not include your hostelworld deposit in the price, so they charge you full price again when you get there. They do not accept smaller denominations of Israeli currency. In the far south of the city, close to Jaffa but very far from Tel Aviv. Staff plays horrible music through the building all day and night. Guests mostly long-stay weirdos who lend a sharp odour to the place. Staff kick you out 1 minute after checkout time. Felt like a backpacker production line more than a hostel

• familiafrois7968
  • Brazil, Male, 41+
31st May 2017
5.7

Security: Front door (Gate) is open most of the time. Location: A bit far from everything and everywhere. Staff: Some of them really helpful, while others looks like we own them a favour, so we need to beg for them to do something, I would say the lazy ones... Atmosphere: Music too loud. Cleanliness: Dirt place, dust and hair everywhere, but I have seen the young ladies working hard though... Value of Money: I would say it should be cheaper.. Facilities: Poor Wifi service

• ChinaGulliver
  • South Africa, Male, 25-30
31st May 2017
7.1

Overstay has a great vibe and artistic design. The facilities are good. However the breakfast they offer is one of the worst I've ever had and the staff are happy to drink any beer you save in the kitchen fridge.

5th May 2017
6.0

They turned me away because of age limit, claiming it's posted on HOSTELWORLD. I ended up sleeping in my rental car. For that I give them zero and a spit. And, btw, the outside looks is awful.

• USA, Male, 41+
20th Apr 2017
2.9

Hidden fees. Did not honer what they advertise in the website. Very upset.