8.1
Fabulous 447 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 447 Total Reviews
Hostel Overstay TLV Located at Derech Ben Tsvi 47, , Tel Aviv.
Israel
Tel Aviv 6810331 Derech Ben Tsvi 47
81% 447
32.0482792 34.7654414
    Rooms available

11th Jan 2017
6.0

Not an impressive hostel. Security is weak with no lock between your bed and the outside world. There are lockers, but that's it and they are small. Location isn't great' far from anything and a bit sketchy when arriving late. Staff was the bright spot; friendly and helpful on check-in. Not much atmosphere and cleanliness was a little below or around average. Other options would be better value. My room shared a window with reception and was a bit of a bother when trying to sleep.

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
31st Dec 2016

Great hostel, staff were really nice and helpful. They provide basic breakfast and it's a great way to start a day.

31st Dec 2016

Wonderful, artsy place to stay!! Relatively walking distance to Florentin and Carmel Market areas if you're willing to walk at least a mile each way. Fun bar downstairs. Rad rooftop. Would recommend!

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Dec 2016
8.0

Really great group of staff and volunteers who go out of their way to help you out. Fun environment.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
28th Dec 2016

Quite chill one. Feel like home,hot water for shower 24/7, just didn't lock the door and easy to let everyone get in, very nice warm bar and really nice kitchen.

• Slovakia, Female, 25-30
17th Dec 2016

Everything was really great - nice stuff, nice rooms, breakfast included and amazing bar with goof prices :) reccomended!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
14th Oct 2016
5.7

The staff is partly very unfriendly, unorganized and doesn't care about the guests. Only one example because I can't write enough here: I payed for my stay and only later I realized that I had already payed a part, when I booked on hostelworld. Although my reservation email and my experience in other hostels showed me that I was right, the staff insisted that this was an extra fee that wasn't part of the normal costs and even came up with stupid excuses. I consider this very unprofessional.

oh come on, dont you know that when hostelworld say the take "deposit" its money they put in their pocket for ever and ever no matter what happens. Our system gets a automatic invoice from them with the remainder to pay. We can explain time and again... but what to do, thats life. take it easy, no one is trying to rip you off here.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Oct 2016

I've been to over a dozen hostels in Israel and I have to say that this was by far the best experience I've ever had. Overstay has a very comfortable atmosphere. I was there for 2 nights and I felt at home within the first few hours! There's the coolest bar on the roof with a bunch of games that everyone goes to at night. It was a 15 minute walk from the beach and there was a really good bakery right down the street from the hostel. Staff was amazing and so friendly. Wish i had space to write mo

Thanks alot for good vibes and your presence, come to visit us again ,we're working on some new projects here.

• Belgium, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
17th Sep 2016

Very good hostel. Value for money is really good. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Spacious hostel with good facilities, clean rooms with AC, bar, pc, good WiFi access. Possibility to rent a bike. Nice bar on the roof to socialize with everyone. The staff really wants you to enjoy your time and wants you to be involved. A 15 - 20 minutes walk to the closest beach, not too far from Jaffa as well. Overall, enjoyed our last night in Tel Aviv there and would definitely come again!

8th Sep 2016
7.1

I feel bad leaving this review because the staff are friendly but I hated my one night in this hostel. The people that stay here are not friendly at all, I felt like I was back in college in a dorm with wannabe cool people. You have to walk from one end of the hostel to the other to go to the toilets & 2 only working showers. Breakfast is not worth it. My room wasn't locked and there were no lockers available in the room either.

Sorry to hear that you found your room mates unfriendly, thats hostel life and the "risk" of choosing a dorm and not a private room. Sorry about the showers, those were fixed since, and we dont lock doors in the dorms here because there are lockers in hallways, under the cctv, but there is a general feeling of security and trust.