Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

Overstay TLV is place with an amazing atmosphere and lots of friendly people who work there or generally hang around. Clean beds and room, plenty of space to just chill out or socialize, close to the main places of interest. I truly enjoyed my staying over and had a great first night party on the rooftop celebrating the birthday of one member of the staff. Thank you all for making my 2 days in Tel Aviv remarkable!

The Hostel offers basic comfort & is super clean ( in fact, there was ALWAYS someone cleaning whenever I went to the bathroom). You will be treated like an old friend: The staff was super welcoming, extremly helpful & the whole atmosphere was super friendly and inviting. Free breakfast was a nice addition to all the other offers of the hostel. They organise events almost every night & will make sure that you enjoy your stay to the utmost. If you think about staying for longer, stay with them!

• 10th Jan 2016

Hey!!! It was great to read your review, we truly appreciate the time you took to feedback us. it was good to have you here. take care and come visit soon(:

I absolutely loved my stay at this hostel. The people who work there were so helpful and amazing. I spent New year's there and I had awesome time. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there was almost no hot water in the shower. Other than that this hostel is truly perfect. I'm gonna be back! :)

Hey(: It was great to read your review, thanks a lot! waiting for you to be back take care!

Loved it, very cool place

Hey@! thanks for taking the time to write us a review! dont stop travelling!

Wonderful place and staff! Will for shore come back soon.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Hello! We are very happy to hear that you had a good time with us hope to see you soon again(:

Nice hostel with a cool vibe and super friendly staff. The location is a bit crappy but is about a 30 minute walk from both Jaffa and central Tel Aviv.

Great friendly people. Even though, I was middleastern from Egypt, I felt welcomed. Everybody was friendly to me.

Great hostel and super fun atmosphere. Lots of staff and long term residents, but still super welcoming to new comers. The location is in an industrial area, but it feels so super safe and close to Jaffa and the rest of tel aviv that it's a non issue.

Friendly staff , 15min walk to old jaffa and beach quiet area close bus station and bars.

I really enjoyed myself here, I met great people, staff was very helpful with tourist information.

Hostel was OK for short term stay. Nice breakfast, nice building and facilities, but poor beds (short and narrow).

Nice hostel, clean place with a good vibe. Free breakfast and good advice on what to do around town. Cheapest hostel I found that doesn't sacrifice anything for the price.

The kitchen needed to be deep cleaned. These places got neglected: spices area, dining table, back rest of dinning chairs, door knobs and light switches). Also, the showers were not user friendly. The spout is directly above, so putting on a shower head would make more sense then the dangling hand held shower head (probably fixed shower heads are cheaper then the hand held, maybe). Also the walking rug is a dirt magnet. Everything else was cool.

the hostel is based in an car repair industrial area. the next supermarket abt 500 m away. the Aircondition in the dorms works outstanding without any noise. the so called roof top is a "joke". At night served like disco. Music stops at 01.00 night. afterword u can go to bed. If u prefer to sleep bevor 01.00 at night the reception will sells ear plucks for 5 Shekel. al in all very very simple. the best at the hostels are the employees ...all are very friendly and co-operation!

All true :) we are one of two hostels in Tel Aviv who operates a bar. our bar opens at 20:00 until there are no more guests there. so yes sometimes it happens at 01:00. most of the chances that if you'll join us in the weekend you will find a great atmosphere in the bar into the small hours of the night. until then cheers and see you again!.

The Hostal is clean, goo atmosphere, some activities to put people together and the roof top lounge is pretty coool. Walls are too thin so you hear everything and beds are small and the "matress" is also below average hostel standard I would say. All in all a great value for money Hostel with helpful staff.

Excellent staff: friendly but professional. There is attention for rules and respect for all.

• 13th Oct 2015

Great hostel, good atmosphere and very good prices, good location. We enjoyed our stay at the Overstay a lot, the rooftop terrace is great and staff really friendly. The only strange thing is, that none of the people working there are being paid, they're all "volunteers", I'm not sure whether that's the only way to keep the rates down... Good thing is that they rent bikes, only the deposit is very high and though the bikes are new, some have flat tires and the gears aren't working.

no swimming pool!! and the male staff seemed to spend most of the night thumping up and down either the corridor or the roof, female staff were very helpful, hostel was very clean

10x Niel. our swimming pool is operating in the summer. you are welcome to check it out in april when we will open it again. Ilan.

We stayed 8 days and found the staff excellent, very helpful and lovely people. Our room was clean and comfortable and had air conditioning. Overstay provided everything we needed and more. The free breakfast is an unexpected and much appreciated addition to what is offered in most places. The guests were varied and friendly - a great reflection of the people running the hostel. We would highly recommend the Overstay to others and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Malcolm & Sue Farland from NZ.

Very warm and welcoming. Staff friendly and very helpful. A work in progress but a great idea and it is working well. We would recommend the Overstay to anyone who is coming to Tel Aviv.