Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

Cool place to stay for the young--many cool people there. It seems that the room was just renovated and there was lots of dust on the bed. We cleaned the matress by ourselves-- the hostel staff could have done that instead before the arrival of guests. The breakfast is very simple.

I think it could be a bad district in Tel Aviv, but not far to the beach. The staff is wonderful and very kind and helpful. If you are a party face, it's your hostel. :-)

the location is the worst part ... and the price is not that good for that.

Sorry you didnt dig our vibe. Well, if you are not into alternative cutting edge real beachs and hang out places to meet other travelers and student locals than i recommend next time go for the tourist trap strip in the city center. i just spent there a night myself visiting a nice fellow hostel, The Gordon Inn, i think that will suit you better.

Felt a bit unsecure without enough lockers for the number of guests.. and never felt sure of how many people were actual guests, or just randoms hanging out on the rooftop. Atmosphere generally was really great though.

Sorry to hear, but we just yesterday finished building another 24 lockers so thats solved. There are no random people here. no locals are allowed in the hostel unless they are close friends that came to the hostel bday party. Wish you would have felt more secure because we are really taking much care of the guests security. mayb next time.

I recommend to Jael to review the slightly confusing payment information they are sending out to customers. Quite frankly, customers don't really need to care what kind of deal the hostel has going on with the booking portal.

Thank man for taking the time to elaborate, we think confusion starts when booking sites call their commission a deposit. and then whatever security we require for paypal reservations seems over the top. we will work on explaining this more clearly. hope you'll come again.

Guys I will miss you :) It was really fantastic.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Poland

It was simply the best hostel i have ever been, if you like to meet New People, this is your place to go. It so also very clean, the beds are a bit small but its Fine. You will definitly enjoy the rooftop!

Wow, thanks alot, you just made me smile on this grumpy morning. :-)

Was an awesome hostel- the location was the only downside and after a 30 hour flight a trek around Tel Aviv to find the place was not something I had wanted to do. But that's the only critique- everything else was amazing!

Sorry to hear you had to trek, to whomever else i'd suggest to review our directions mail or just call us and we'd help you get on the right bus. Nevertheless, i must admit thats part of the charm of this place and location...we try to be an oasis, the first flower of many to arrive here in the downtown.

The hostel states that guests can use free lockers, but forgots to mention that they are small, limited in number, and NOT in the rooms. In the room, there was no place to put one's belongings so our roommates clothes etc. were strewn all over the floor. We were also deprived of internet connection, which was quite unfortunate as we needed to do our online check-in at that precise time.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

True, Lockers are the size to fit laptop and a small bag. currently Kwan is building another set of lockers so there would be enough. We prefer to position lockers in the hall way, where they are under camera surveillance. Sorry to hear about the internet, we have changed the infra structure. hope its better now.

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Hostel Overstay. I was sleeping on the rooftop which can be problematic if you want to go to sleep early as this is more of a party hostel environment. Other than that everything was wonderful and I really had a great time.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great hostel with great people :)

Hostel Overstay is not only a great place to sleep, but also a meeting place for interesting people and good times. It's a very social atmosphere, but easy to get a good, comfortable night's rest. The staff is super chill and there are always people hanging out on the roof – watching a soccer game, participating in a delicious Shabbat dinner, or sharing stories over a couple beers. Highly recommend it and I will definitely return!

yes man, we hear you and we know we are doing the right thing. thanks man. we'll keep working on it till you come visit again.

I had a great time on the roof with everyone on the night, the staff was nice and everyone was very friendly. It's a unique and creative place to stay.

• 20th Jun 2014

Cheers man, you were part of the vibe, come back !

Really good hostel. Location is close to tel aviv and jaffa. Beach is close as well. Chilling out on the roof is awesome, one of the best lounge areas ever. Shabbat dinner is good as well. Beds, cleanliness rooms etc are all good, lockers lack, but was being worked on. Met some great people there and would definitely stay again.

They charge you for every little thing. Every 30 minutes someone new is working the desk. Some are very helpful, others charge you more than what they quote for laundry- trying to make a profit off of me- I expect that from the markets, but not at a hostel- very unprofessional.

jjj... my friend, you live in a paranoya movie, no one here is after your shekels. wish you would have notified the manager if you had such a feeling. But on this topic I'd like to note that so as to make the accommodation affordable to all we give our guests the option to pay a cover charge for extras: laundry, towel, AC rooms etc.

The worst part about this hostel is the location - it is in a very industrial zone near to Jaffa but far from downtown Tel Aviv - this makes it hard to go out to clubs/restaurants. The hostel itself is decent - clean rooms and bathrooms and there is a nice rooftop terrace to meet people and relax. Security wasn't great - all the lockers were taken so just had to hide my stuff under my bed.

I hear you, thanks for appreciating the hostel, regarding location we live in this area, we like it, i know its not the tourist traps or city center but its close to the beach and we like introducing this up-coming part of the city to tourists. and anyway tel aviv is quite small so by bike you can get there in 10 minutes. Sorry about the lockers, Just today Kwan has started building a new locker hive.

Very good price and nice stuff, but there are two things which can be better. 1. Internet connection is terrible. I stayed 3 days and each day I was disconnected several times a day without any reason - the range was OK. Moreover the speed is random. Sometimes it was almost 0 sametimes up to 3MBit. If you need stable connection better to choose diffrent hostel or buy mobile Internet. 2. Roof is always full of smokers, so if you don't smoke you won't feel good at the best place in hostel.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I just brought a kick ass modem-router so hopefully internet will get stabilized. its no simple tast to provide wi-fi to 100 people posting sunset photos. At least the roof was full of smokers and not a closed room. mayb we should put a no-smoke couch on the side. thanks for the idea.

Suitable for a short stay. Basic facilities but ok value.

short stay at the overstay during love parade time ! ouch ! we had much fun though, hope you will join in next time.

It was great place to stay !!!

BY FAR THE BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED! Initially i chose the place because of the owners responses to the other reviews. they're hilarious and im so glad i did. The rooftop is an awesome place to kick back and have a beer and meet other people. As a solo traveller i never spent a moment without being surrounded by heaps of cool people. Only problem is that you'll never want to leave. I guess that's why they call it the Overstay. Can not recommend enough. Thankyou Omer and the rest of the team

« first « Prev 1 2 3