Hostel Overstay TLV Reviews

Derech Ben Tsvi 47, Tel Aviv, Israel

I had a great time staying at the hostel. There were quite a lot of neat places to hang out which were nearby. So that was a huge plus for me. On the hand, I felt that the bunk beds were hard to sleep on. I found them as stiff as hard word. But that's just me.

Cheers man,regarding the beds, funny, most people like our new sturdy mattresses. Maybe its a cultural thing, i remember Indian mattresses were quite soft.

This place is awesome. I highly suggest traveling within the Israel hostel network as they give you discounts and are really great places. Though not in the very best location it only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to tons of stuff. The owner, Omer, also knows of something cool to do any time of week! Oh, and the rooftop is probably the best place in the world to chill.

Cheers man, you were one of those guests holding the space when its not holiday weather outside. Thanks for giving a hand with the rooftop tent. its perfect. See you on the road.

We stayed for one night. The room did not have window screen. We got mosquito bites. Thank you for the bed upgrade though.

Cheers. Sorry about the mosquitoes. That happens some days after it rains. If we install nets than blocks the air flow. so not sure thats better for the rest of the year. best is to close the window and turn on the AC. mayb next time.

Overstay is a giant, created by the owners, managers and volunteers, that waits for you with its arms wide open and then gives you a big hug. It's quite basic (I respectfully compared it to indoor camping) but it has everything you need. Free breakfast, coffee and tea, and kitchen open to use. Extremely kind people, though the group of volunteers is (too?) big. No problems with me asking a ton of questions, eager to help and give tips. I will most definitely return here and can't wait till I do!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • tessjanssen730

Thanks ! Yalla come back, you became part of the family already.

The atmosphere is the best!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Thanks man, you were part of it !

The rooftop is great, and the bathroom is okay however the atmosphere was lacking. There are simply far too many volunteers there - the group of 5-6 danish volunteers were unfriendly and cliquey. At one point the blonde one started telling me how much she disliked Australians and our accents - I'm not sure whether this is her first time travelling, but that group definetely seemed like they were there just to free-load.

These volunteers are what helps us give this place its vibe and keep it affordable for you our guests. Im sorry you didnt get along with them, hearing this they asked me to apologize to you, one the other side, I see that you expressed the same issue with a Budapest hostel staff, so mayb its not just us. Hurts you chose to rate us so, especially considering the fact that we treated you to a free beer upon check in. Hope in the future you will understand more hostel circumstances and express it.

Cool place to stay for the young--many cool people there. It seems that the room was just renovated and there was lots of dust on the bed. We cleaned the matress by ourselves-- the hostel staff could have done that instead before the arrival of guests. The breakfast is very simple.

thanks, its good to be cool in the hot israeli summer ;-). sorry about the dust, we had the fire department installing its systems and probably the drilling got some dust on your bed. you are right, we should have checked the room afterwards. sorry.

I think it could be a bad district in Tel Aviv, but not far to the beach. The staff is wonderful and very kind and helpful. If you are a party face, it's your hostel. :-)

Oh its not bad district, just quiet, which allows us to make noise :-). thanks for having fun here with our crew. maybe see you later..

the location is the worst part ... and the price is not that good for that.

Sorry you didnt dig our vibe. Well, if you are not into alternative cutting edge real beachs and hang out places to meet other travelers and student locals than i recommend next time go for the tourist trap strip in the city center. i just spent there a night myself visiting a nice fellow hostel, The Gordon Inn, i think that will suit you better.

Felt a bit unsecure without enough lockers for the number of guests.. and never felt sure of how many people were actual guests, or just randoms hanging out on the rooftop. Atmosphere generally was really great though.

Sorry to hear, but we just yesterday finished building another 24 lockers so thats solved. There are no random people here. no locals are allowed in the hostel unless they are close friends that came to the hostel bday party. Wish you would have felt more secure because we are really taking much care of the guests security. mayb next time.

I recommend to Jael to review the slightly confusing payment information they are sending out to customers. Quite frankly, customers don't really need to care what kind of deal the hostel has going on with the booking portal.

Thank man for taking the time to elaborate, we think confusion starts when booking sites call their commission a deposit. and then whatever security we require for paypal reservations seems over the top. we will work on explaining this more clearly. hope you'll come again.

Guys I will miss you :) It was really fantastic.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Poland

It was simply the best hostel i have ever been, if you like to meet New People, this is your place to go. It so also very clean, the beds are a bit small but its Fine. You will definitly enjoy the rooftop!

Wow, thanks alot, you just made me smile on this grumpy morning. :-)

Was an awesome hostel- the location was the only downside and after a 30 hour flight a trek around Tel Aviv to find the place was not something I had wanted to do. But that's the only critique- everything else was amazing!

Sorry to hear you had to trek, to whomever else i'd suggest to review our directions mail or just call us and we'd help you get on the right bus. Nevertheless, i must admit thats part of the charm of this place and location...we try to be an oasis, the first flower of many to arrive here in the downtown.

The hostel states that guests can use free lockers, but forgots to mention that they are small, limited in number, and NOT in the rooms. In the room, there was no place to put one's belongings so our roommates clothes etc. were strewn all over the floor. We were also deprived of internet connection, which was quite unfortunate as we needed to do our online check-in at that precise time.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

True, Lockers are the size to fit laptop and a small bag. currently Kwan is building another set of lockers so there would be enough. We prefer to position lockers in the hall way, where they are under camera surveillance. Sorry to hear about the internet, we have changed the infra structure. hope its better now.

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Hostel Overstay. I was sleeping on the rooftop which can be problematic if you want to go to sleep early as this is more of a party hostel environment. Other than that everything was wonderful and I really had a great time.

• 28th Jun 2014