Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

The staff was not very helpful and you cannot cook your own food there. So no fridge. The breakfast was expensive,but good, but I didn't like that it was obviously a hooker's point at the closest street corner from the hostel. Not going back.

Joseph, the bartender, was the only sensible one there. The other staff screwed me over on my last night free deal. You emailed me told me no problem we can set it up. I asked 2 different front desk employees and one said they couldn't help and the other said to email. So I did!! And then they told me I had to reserve everything there. Well screw you I stayed at the places I needed to and still got screwed out of a deal. I come to Costa Rica every year and def not staying here again.

• 7th Oct 2014

My stay at Pangea, was very rewarding, showed the staff very helpful and friendly, plus friendly; meet people from many parts of the world most pleasant, definitely on my next stay in Costa Rica Return pangea there with you in PURA VIDA "

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

We spent two days in the beginning of October 2014. Mattresses were poor quality and the hostel looks like a prison from the outside. Nice common area though. The staff was ok, showers were new and super clean. Many rooms are without a window to the outside so they are very dark and you don`t want to spend any time there. The hostel is really close to the city center and has a supermarket very close by. If you can live with the really bad rooms, good for a short stay.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Nice to stay;)

Great hostel but no kicthen. Good, reasonably priced restaurant but would have preferred to just have a kitchen.

Ou room was basic and clean, really what we paid for. It was a little strange having no window at all in the room, so it was very very dark, but fine if you are out all day and not spending much time in the room.

Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful but most of them were so rude and totally seemed to hate their job... The rooms were ok, showers and toilets were great and very clean. There was even hot water!breakfast is not included but you can order some and it's very good!the rooftop bar is nice. I would come here again.

No sockets or lockers in the rooms. Wifi was variable and only available at the bar or reception. Not a great atmosphere as most people were leaving or arriving from the airport. No kitchens and the restaurant was pretty expensive. I was walking around nearby with two other girls at 6.30pm and got told we shouldn't be out this late! Pretty dodgy neighbourhood! Great for just a night before a flight as the airport shuttle service was good.

Nice staff, cool rooms, good restaurant and pool. Great location...we have returned a dew times during our stay in Costa Rica.

I enjoyed the entire stay there. The staff was friendly and always willing to help especially when we had to park our car. I loved the atmosphere of the whole hostel. It was an easy walk during the day to the middle of downtown San Jose.

• 21st Aug 2014

It reminded me of a college dorm with kids running around. No lockers and is perfect if you are flying out of SJO and just need a place to crash. Excellent airport transport deal too. The upstairs restaurant and bar seemed like fun and the pool is 24 hrs. Didn't get to use bc we just stopped to sleep there but music is going till midnight from there and it is loud. and there are no outlets in the rooms! they have an area with outlets you have to find

• 11th Aug 2014

Room felt like a prison, only window was in the ceiling. Private room has glass windows in the door, so complete privacy is a bit compromised. Rooftop bar is cool Mcgool. Burger comes without fries (but you can order fries). Staff at reception is super nice and helpful. Atmosphere is quite partylike and young.

They have a wicked pool and Bar with pool table filled with the coolest people. The service desk guys are really cool guys

pangea was "ok". detinately didn't have a great setup of a large hostel. one ceiling fan per dorm room. rooms pretty small. no electricity points in rooms. so no charging phones. sketchy wifi. you will have to hang around reception or bar directly above it to get signal. in total - fine for an over nighter but wouldn't want to stay longer

The bartender was extremely really rude, but the people at the front desk were nice. He was so mean that it made me feel awkward to buy a drink. Lol I've been a server (waitress) for several years, so I know I wasn't asking for anything crazy. It was convent location though!

My stay was a lot better than I expected. My room was nice and clean and the music was never too loud.

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel is situated in a very dangerous area(after 6pm you cannot go out of the hostel without risk)is expensive and then you have to pay for breakfast(expensive and very poor, nothing special!!!)inside the hostel is very dark and seems like filty,no water in the shower!!!!and even cold!!!!the beds are cheap and unconfortable

Safe, friendly environment in the middle of San Jose with good facilities. Shuttle bus to the airport was extremely helpful and on time. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Big hostel without any identity and lost in a dangerous neighbourhood. The bar/restaurant is pleasant but expensive, and the private rooms are clean but very cramped!

« first « Prev 1 2 3