Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

Great Hostel, loads of facilities, good vibes, very clean and great showers. Food was good, parking a bit pricey but very secure.

Room.- basic , however despite no windows room cool , not hot to sleep in. Street location is the.biggest. issue , however many parts of San Jose , don't give an impression of a safe city to be walking around. Stafff not particularly friendly.

I came here for the atmosphere... there is no shared kitchen nor free lounging area (where you can bring you own drinks and food). they have a bar restaurant upstairs with plenty of seating but you can't consume anything not purchased there. on my floor... 1 toilet for males, 1 urinal, females had 2 toilets. it was down season so it wasn't a problem but I can't imagine high season. reception staff was great. walking distance to downtown areas. no refund policy.

Probably because it's low season I didn't get to experience many interactions with other guests. Also I stayed only for one night and got to the hostel pretty late so I wasn't able to see if there's room and activities for guests to interact.

Stayed here first night of my trip - clean, safe, nice bar/pool area and a good vibe

We stayed here one night on our way out Costa Rica. Very safe hostel with helpful staff. Whether you are looking to party or to chill out this hostel has it all.

fantastic place to stop over in San Jose for a few nights!

Really good hostel. Very clean and great showers

hostel pangea is a spacious hostel located in the heart of san jose. the rooftop terrace restaurant and lounge is the best part of the place- you can relax there after a day of whitewater rafting with some costa rican beer and good company. the direct airport shuttle, luggage storage and 24 hour checkin are extra pluses. the only thing i think they could improve upon is more lighting in the upstairs bathroom/shower area. otherwise, i had a great stay!

Well equipped hostel not far from city center. Lively bar area with good views. Private room very basic (just a bed) minimal for $35 but did the job. Heavy security you wouldn't realise you had arrived for the painted sign on the big yellow door.

Adequate for a night in San Jose, if you don't mind lots of noise. Its advertised as a party hostel, so this is not surprising. The service at the desk and the bar/restaurant were good, everyone seemed pretty friendly. The private room was nice and big with a tv and king size bed. The bathroom was good enough, nothing special. Hot water worked. Airport shuttle never showed up when we arrived, so be prepared to negotiate with a taxi driver, despite what the hostel says about scams.

Everything was fine! It was a good place to stay and I appreciated the luggage storage. It felt a bit more like a hotel than a hostel, there wasn't much "personality" to it. But it's very close to the downtown area. Probably one of the best options for San Jose.

Awesome place. Must stay if in San jose

• 3rd May 2015

Had a great time here! The pool was a sweet welcome... The dorm room was clean and quiet. Staff were very helpful and I met some great people :) thanks!!

• 6th Apr 2015

Terrible experience. When I arrived the guy who worked there was not welcoming, annoyed that I was there (felt like it) and answered me short. He laughed at me when I asked if they had a kitchen and said bluntly no. The staff there is not friendly at all. Not what I experienced. They literally kicked me out at 2 pm when I came back for my luggage (free to store your luggage there until two). My bed was not clean. Looked like they used the same sheets. All I all, horrible last day in central A

Very few bathrooms for the amount of people staying there, we arrived late at night (20:00hs) and they were a litlle too dirty. There's no community kitchen to cook so we had to buy something to eat at the bar, not so good for budget travel. The room only has a bedroom, so if you are staying longer than for a day, there's no place to put your clothes, only your backpack.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Uruguay

A welcoming atmosphere, very helpful staff, safe, clean, cool facilities, fantastic rooftop bar/restaurant. Very cool place!

• 30th Mar 2015

The room size and bed comfort are average. MANY shared bathrooms - great. The hostel is located a block from central San Jose, which is nice. It's away from all the noise but also 2 blocks away from a really dangerous neighborhood. You just have to make sure to walk in the correct direction :). They have about 5 or 6 computers, which I appreciated and the restaurant is open till 11pm I believe. The only thing I did not like was that there is no communal kitchen or fridge.

• 24th Mar 2015

I have stayed here several times and never had as poor servic i had this time. On arrival prior to seeing our room, I attempted to book more nights the girl could not be bothered and told me to come back the next day. Boy was I glad I did. First of all I was excited at the aspect of the rooms being upgraded and was willing to pay the price. A little paint and a few decorations are not upgrades. The water at the shower dribble out of the shower head and it reeked of sewage the same as before.

• 19th Mar 2015

The security in the hostel itself was very good but it was located within a suburb not that secure...

« first « Prev 1 2 3