Hostel Pangea

Very Good 1690 Total Reviews
Very Good 1690 Total Reviews

19th Feb 2017

Great location , cool looking art and lounge areas.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
15th Feb 2017
6.0

Double room: very small, no aircon, no window, no chair or desk or hanger or not even a nail in the wall, no power plug, very old bed and mattress Location: -loud street noises -supposed to be a party hostel, but nothing was going on during our stay in mid Feb Staff: -friendly Cleanliness: -semi-clean (as you are forced to leave your backpack etc on the floor, it would be great if the floors were cleaned) -toilets not clean and smelly More info: No breakfast included Washing machine costs

• Belgium, Couple, 25-30
7th Feb 2017
7.4

Good option for an overnight, but the common areas are not comfortable. It was cold, dark and the sofas are broken. We did not feel the hostel was warmly welcoming, we felt 'one of the many'.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Feb 2017
7.1

This hostel has so much potential but the staff are rude and inconsiderate! They are doing some work on the building at the moment and it's very confusing on how to get in and out of the hostel! Its great that they have all the different rooms with the swimming pool and pool table but there wasn't at all much going on there day and night.

• Canada, Male, 41+
1st Feb 2017
7.1

Hi I had to change my reservation date and haven't yet stayed at Hostel Pangea. I can tell you that changing the dates was easy and Charles was great and got back to me to confirm my new booking very quickly. I'm looking forward to my stay from March 1 to March 6 and kayaking the Pacuare river. I will update my review once I've stayed Cheers Lee

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017
8.0

Good hostel, clean, a lot of space. There were not a lot of people when we were there, food is regular. Slept well and hostel organizes a lot of trips. Really cares for your safety and warns you for the dangers in the city, which was nice. Good stay when you are in San Jose for a few nights, close to the bus station for national buses

29th Jan 2017

Overall excellent place to stay while in San Jose! Rooms are clean, food is inexpensive and good, and the staff are super friendly and will help you with whatever.

25th Jan 2017
8.0

Place wasn't very crowded during my stay. Guess the atmosphere on the terrace is great if there would be a few people around. The restaurant on the rooftop is also pretty fine.

22nd Jan 2017

Clean rooms, great staff, odd set-up inside but it was safe and the pool and bar area is great. Great stay overall. I would stay again if i wanted to be in the heart of San Jose.

22nd Jan 2017
6.0

I did not actually stay here. I tried to cancel my booking by emailing the listed email 3 days before my arrival but never heard from the hostel. I'm sure it's a lovely place, but I won't pick it again for lack of communication.